Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,966 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises (42429 Views)

Jumia Food To Shutdown In Nigeria From December 2023 / Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) / Bundles Of Money On The Road In Owerri As They Fall Out Of A Bullion Van (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by SoNature(m): 4:48pm On Sep 04, 2019

It's okay to keep being stupid on Nairaland

But never reveal your identity

All of you put us in this mess of a government
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Angelfrost(m): 5:02pm On Sep 04, 2019
PerfectMatchNG:
What happened in Lagos yesterday is an indication of what’s to come, it has nothing to do with Xenophobia or South Africans but a glimpse of what the middle class should expect from poor Nigerians who are waiting for a reason & an excuse to strike.

These people have constantly strolled into the malls year over year, too poor to shop & no hopes of a better tomorrow, sees other people with chubby looking kids rolling shop carts & loading groceries into their cars. They want these things too.

Engage poor Nigerians ones. You will see that undertone of “In this tough country, these people are living large and buying cars, they are thieves”. The middle class is the closest to Nigeria’s lower class. They will be the first target. This thing is here already. Just recently, I noticed my estate introduced armed mobile police personal to join the current one. The need to have this things is a signal that we have a failed society already. These people will not be able to save us. You’d be surprised they’d join in.

We are sitting on a nuke. Poor Nigerians are angry and they are not that angry at their government. They are angry at you because:
1. You drive a nice car
2. You travel for summer
3. You shop at Shoprite
4. Your kids, chubby.
5. You live in a fine house.

In this economy, how? If you lived through the riots of the mid 90s, you’d understand this is not new. The middle class is always at the receiving end. The people believe Nigerian can never be better, so they want those shiny things you have. At least that would give them some satisfactions.

If Nigeria ever gets a Revolution (which I pray we don’t get). It’s going to be the poor versus the seemingly rich. You don’t have to be rich to be a target. You just have to enjoy what others don’t enjoy. Scary times ahead.-
copied

I read a book some years back regarding certain uprisings in parts of South America... The poor people protesting didn't bother with the government of the day, cos they knew it would be suicidal as they were heavily guarded... They chose to go after those relatively wealthier and more comfortable than they were. It was nothing short of CARNAGE!!!

This country is slow... We never learn.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Rapfrick(m): 5:15pm On Sep 04, 2019
Shibaraba:
I have some questions oooooo.
Why is it that after all these years wey we dey suffer our suffer in peace na now all these things dey happen?

Why is it that na after a few days na him this our government take action.
Action wey dem take wey be like say na force we force them.
The sooner we know say this government na scam the better.
They don't care.
They don't.
One dingbat go soon mention me
But if the government good wetin we dey find outside. As at 1990 my elder brother ran away from home so he doesn't travel overseas. Now person wey no even get passport dey japa like that.
This government na scam.
Buhari na scam.
If una like make una ban me.
I go say the truth
To the BMC crew if na hunger push una you are forgiven. But if truly una support this man may what happened to my cousin yesterday happen to each and every one of you.

my cousin's body is coming home this weekend in a body bag. After 12 years in SA. If you need dead meat I will gladly give her to you. I swear one day you go dey front page news. Epe lo ma pa e last last. Olorun ma je kin ri e. Sigbon mo ma wa e.

Useless government.

i feel ur pain bro
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by capitalzero: 5:22pm On Sep 04, 2019
PerfectMatchNG:
What happened in Lagos yesterday is an indication of what’s to come, it has nothing to do with Xenophobia or South Africans but a glimpse of what the middle class should expect from poor Nigerians who are waiting for a reason & an excuse to strike.

These people have constantly strolled into the malls year over year, too poor to shop & no hopes of a better tomorrow, sees other people with chubby looking kids rolling shop carts & loading groceries into their cars. They want these things too.

Engage poor Nigerians ones. You will see that undertone of “In this tough country, these people are living large and buying cars, they are thieves”. The middle class is the closest to Nigeria’s lower class. They will be the first target. This thing is here already. Just recently, I noticed my estate introduced armed mobile police personal to join the current one. The need to have this things is a signal that we have a failed society already. These people will not be able to save us. You’d be surprised they’d join in.

We are sitting on a nuke. Poor Nigerians are angry and they are not that angry at their government. They are angry at you because:
1. You drive a nice car
2. You travel for summer
3. You shop at Shoprite
4. Your kids, chubby.

In this economy, how? If you lived through the riots of the mid 90s, you’d understand this is not new. The middle class is always at the receiving end. The people believe Nigerian can never be better, so they want those shiny things you have. At least that would give them some satisfactions.

If Nigeria ever gets a Revolution (which I pray we don’t get). It’s going to be the poor versus the seemingly rich. You don’t have to be rich to be a target. You just have to enjoy what others don’t enjoy. Scary times ahead.-
copied

This should make headline of major tv stations and newspapers tomorrow.
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Rapfrick(m): 5:39pm On Sep 04, 2019
Elinosweet143:
This is a very wrong move by the so called angry guys, why fight ourselves? The business owners in shoprite are fellow Nigerians now, Nigerians are the people working in MTN centres and DSTV centres, why attack them? I really do not understand how we operate sha, we already have our own in-house war which nobody is saying anything about yet we are angry that some Nigerians were killed in south Africa so all Nigerians working in south African enterprises should die. Na wah oh
bro abeg the outlets of Nigerians in South Africa dat was looted do u think those businesses did not have South Africans working Dia, I know of a Nigerian man who lost over 30million dollars as a result of his outlet being looted, he deals on precious stones (golds, diamond and the rest) this man has over 45 South Africans under his pay roll the hotel of an enugu man dat was burned down has over 80 South Africans as his staff did dat stop dis South African zombies from destroying those businesses, dis looting going on in Nigeria now is what forced our government into taking de little actions dey are about to take right now, if to say ur blood brother or sister travel go find greener pastures for ur family and dem bring back in a body bag bro me and u know say u no go dey sound like dis na u go even dey de front line, we all have dis mentality of e no touch me directly,we all must not wait till it happens to a member of our family and injury to one should be an injury to all,abi u think say in d cause of destroying the businesses of other nationals some South Africans weren't affected?
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Rapfrick(m): 5:43pm On Sep 04, 2019
Elinosweet143:
This is a very wrong move by the so called angry guys, why fight ourselves? The business owners in shoprite are fellow Nigerians now, Nigerians are the people working in MTN centres and DSTV centres, why attack them? I really do not understand how we operate sha, we already have our own in-house war which nobody is saying anything about yet we are angry that some Nigerians were killed in south Africa so all Nigerians working in south African enterprises should die. Na wah oh
this de picture of a South African police officer watching with a smile on his face as a Yoruba man is being burnt alive but yesterday our own police officers didn't think twice before gunning down a Nigerian for protesting

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Elinosweet143(f): 5:55pm On Sep 04, 2019
I perfectly understand u and trust me I know a lot of people were affected both here and there, I weep for them and am greatly pained but do u think what the angry guys are doing here will make our government change their stand or even act? We wld just keep destroying ourselves, I might not have the perfect solution to all of this but i believe me there's a better way to handle this whole thing
Rapfrick:
bro abeg the outlets of Nigerians in South Africa dat was looted do u think those businesses did not have South Africans working Dia, I know of a Nigerian man who lost over 30million dollars as a result of his outlet being looted, he deals on precious stones (golds, diamond and the rest) this man has over 45 South Africans under his pay roll the hotel of an enugu man dat was burned down has over 80 South Africans as his staff did dat stop dis South African zombies from destroying those businesses, dis looting going on in Nigeria now is what forced our government into taking de little actions dey are about to take right now, if to say ur blood brother or sister travel go find greener pastures for ur family and dem bring back in a body bag bro me and u know say u no go dey sound like dis na u go even dey de front line, we all have dis mentality of e no touch me directly,we all must not wait till it happens to a member of our family and injury to one should be an injury to all,abi u think say in d cause of destroying the businesses of other nationals some South Africans weren't affected?
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 04, 2019
lexylexy:

Yeah. This post has said it all. When I go to the mall, I always use the smaller basket. So when I see these rich guys with the big trolley stacked to the brim with a lot of expensive stuff, loading the trunk of their SUV, I wonder how they do it. No be dis same naija we dey?

But you know what? I always console myself with the fact that all is vanity. The only thing I wish for, is to make Heaven. For what shall it profit a Man to make all the money here and don't make eternity.

So this is my prayer for you and for me. Just to make Heaven. Nothing else is important to me.
whaaaat?! Man! you sound hopeless, no offence.

So you have given up? Look! there i a Massive wide world out there, You are not even gonna try to find out about this wide world or be part of it? were is your sense of Optimism? Anyway, you will be disappointed when you will find out that heaven doesn't exist in the end. Trust me, Ask your so called pastor why he is Driving expensive cars, living in a mansion and living flambouyantly? Because he doesn't believe Heaven exists.

Count me Out! i don't want to go to heaven! I am quite happey driving my Range Rover here on Earth.
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Elinosweet143(f): 5:59pm On Sep 04, 2019
E dey pain well well but Nigerians are not touching the south Africans here but fellow Nigerians, u knw why?the South Africans here are super protected and hold high positions in our companies and highly guarded by our own force. That's the angle am coming from
Rapfrick:
this de picture of a South African police officer watching with a smile on his face as a Yoruba man is being burnt alive but yesterday our own police officers didn't think twice before gunning down a Nigerian for protesting
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 04, 2019
Elinosweet143:
I perfectly understand u and trust me I know a lot of people were affected both here and there, I weep for them and am greatly pained but do u think what the angry guys are doing here will make our government change their stand or even act? We wld just keep destroying ourselves, I might not have the perfect solution to all of this but i believe me there's a better way to handle this whole thing
Really? man has a Business worth $30 million and he is still in Shithole South Africa? i doubt It. Did you see his bank Account?

Even if he has a business worth $30 million, what da hell is he still doing in SA? He is not a good busines man. for $500,000 Investment here in Florida he will obtain a Green card, If he invest $30 million he will get An American passport.

Even in England if he can show a bank balance of £2 million he will be issued a British passport. Then he can run his business peacefully
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by godlyguy(m): 6:13pm On Sep 04, 2019
Local man can't can the upload
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by mechanics(m): 6:17pm On Sep 04, 2019
I don't know what's so special in shop rite that one can get in the markets?
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Elinosweet143(f): 6:18pm On Sep 04, 2019
Like I said earlier I understand your point but the case is, that my sibling is killed in South Africa or my business down d drain by South Africans so I come down to my own country and start destroying my fellow country men, I understand we no longer want anything South Africa in Nigeria but the approach we are taking is further killing ourselves and not the South Africans. Funny enough the South Africans in Nigeria hold high positions and are super guarded by our government. Then wetin we dey do?
gypsey:
Really? man has a Business worth $30 million and he is still in Shithole South Africa? i doubt It. Did you see his bank Account?

Even if he has a business worth $30 million, what da hell is he still doing in SA? He is not a good busines man. for $500,000 Investment here in Florida he will obtain a Green card, If he invest $30 million he will get An American passport.

Even in England if he can show a bank balance of £2 million he will be issued a British passport. Then he can run his business peacefully
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 04, 2019
Elinosweet143:
Like I said earlier I understand your point but the case is, that my sibling is killed in South Africa or my business down d drain by South Africans so I come down to my own country and start destroying my fellow country men, I understand we no longer want anything South Africa in Nigeria but the approach we are taking is further killing ourselves and not the South Africans. Funny enough the South Africans in Nigeria hold high positions and are super guarded by our government. Then wetin we dey do?
I Agree with you! You are correct.

I was just trying to Understand why Any Nigerian Would own A business worth $30 million and didn't relocate the business to Nigeria or Europe even America were he can continue his Business peacefully. without been killed. Black South Africans are mostly Junkies, Alcholic and Jobless Rapists.
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Elinosweet143(f): 6:26pm On Sep 04, 2019
grin I wonder too
gypsey:
I Agree with you! You are correct.

I was just trying to Understand why Any Nigerian Would own A business worth $30 million and didn't relocate the business to Nigeria or Europe even America were he can continue his Business peacefully. without been killed. Black South Africans are mostly Junkies, Alcholic and Jobless Rapists.
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 04, 2019
Rapfrick:
Really? man has a business worth $30 million and he is still living in Shithole south Africa? I doubt it.

He could Relocate his business to Any European country of his Choice. Even America and carry on with his business in Europe peacefully. Rather than die in South Africa.

What is so special About South Africa Anyway? It"s a shithole!
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 04, 2019
Elinosweet143:
grin I wonder too
It beats my Imagination. I mean, what is so special About South Africa?
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Penywise(m): 6:32pm On Sep 04, 2019
donstan18:
Our Government can pay to secure their investment with armed security men, while South African governments can't even secure lives of Nigerians living there.

Smh!

ShopRite is a franchise...the goods are owned by nigerians
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Elinosweet143(f): 6:39pm On Sep 04, 2019
Probably b4 now South Africa provided a conducive environment for such businesses, trust me Nigeria is still not safe for that kind of investment, like I say earlier we have our own in-house war yet to be resolved
gypsey:
It beats my Imagination. I mean, what is so special About South Africa?
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 04, 2019
Elinosweet143:
Probably b4 now South Africa provided a conducive environment for such businesses, trust me Nigeria is still not safe for that kind of investment, like I say earlier we have our own in-house war yet to be resolved
Well... you are Right, Again! tongue
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by TemmyT002(m): 6:54pm On Sep 04, 2019
PerfectMatchNG:

1. You drive a nice car
2. You travel for summer
3. You shop at Shoprite
4. Your kids, chubby.

copied

This is deep and scary mehn

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Kokeqqqq(m): 8:24pm On Sep 04, 2019
donstan18:
Our Government can pay to secure their investment with armed security men, while South African governments can't even secure lives of Nigerians living there.

Smh!

irony of life
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by TheLastDon1(m): 10:02pm On Sep 04, 2019
AdonaiAluminium:
Gradually all Shoprite stores across the nation are closing up, huge revenue losses will surely be recorded. Strong warning to the south Africans

Contact us for all your roofing jobs and roof maintenance services

I just hope all those businesses are insured. A crippling loss like we witnessed at Lekki can spell the end of any business. I believe those who looted are your average pickpocket looking for any excuse to plunder and kill. No person with a conscience will take what does not belong to them.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Profmaojo: 10:54pm On Sep 04, 2019
PerfectMatchNG:

1. You drive a nice car
2. You travel for summer
3. You shop at Shoprite
4. Your kids, chubby.

copied
did you copy this from somewhere or this is how you are feeling against the poor.

What sought of mentality is this.
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by lexylexy(m): 5:49am On Sep 05, 2019
gypsey:
whaaaat?! Man! you sound hopeless, no offence.

So you have given up? Look! there i a Massive wide world out there, You are not even gonna try to find out about this wide world or be part of it? were is your sense of Optimism? Anyway, you will be disappointed when you will find out that heaven doesn't exist in the end. Trust me, Ask your so called pastor why he is Driving expensive cars, living in a mansion and living flambouyantly? Because he doesn't believe Heaven exists.

Count me Out! i don't want to go to heaven! I am quite happey driving my Range Rover here on Earth.

Wow, this is quite sad. But do you believe there's evil out there? Do you believe there's juju and black magic? All these things we watch in horror movies and nollywood movies, do you believe they actually exist? That's my question for you
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 6:34am On Sep 05, 2019
PerfectMatchNG:

1. You drive a nice car
2. You travel for summer
3. You shop at Shoprite
4. Your kids, chubby.

copied
Prophetic words. The thing is that the current administration has succeeded in demonizing wealth. if you're wealthy, the poor will attribute it to corruption

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Rapfrick(m): 7:37am On Sep 05, 2019
Elinosweet143:
E dey pain well well but Nigerians are not touching the south Africans here but fellow Nigerians, u knw why?the South Africans here are super protected and hold high positions in our companies and highly guarded by our own force. That's the angle am coming from
yeah baby u are super right and 70% percent of the shops at shoprite are franchise But when u see de dead body of ur loved one who was violently killed u will loose all sense of reasoning and become extremely violent even u are de most calm being in the universe u will instantly turn violent and unreasonable
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 05, 2019
lexylexy:

Wow, this is quite sad. But do you believe there's evil out there? Do you believe there's juju and black magic? All these things we watch in horror movies and nollywood movies, do you believe they actually exist? That's my question for you
Yes! it is sad, You are SAD. NO! i don't believe, As you have said. They are all in the MOVIES and FILMS grin They are not real!! Maybe you have been watching too much of Horror movies. grin

What da hell is JUJu and black majic? only in Nigeria this Rubbish exists, i have never come across Black majic here in miami. grin I don't even know what they mean.
The actors who act this Horror movies do you think that they believe what they are acting is Real?
You know? i think you might be the sort of person who likes to be scared, paranoid and Anxious. It is a kind of Disorder/illness were a person feels Afraid All the time.

Trust me, there is a Great wide world out here in miami, England and Europe and in Nigeria too.

Again tell me, why is your pastor driving expensive cars , living in a mansion and living a flambouyant lifestyle? Rather than waiting for his reward in Heaven like he keep telling his congregations.
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by lexylexy(m): 10:17am On Sep 05, 2019
gypsey:
Yes! it is sad, You are SAD. NO! i don't believe, As you have said. They are all in the MOVIES and FILMS grin They are not real!! Maybe you have been watching too much of Horror movies. grin

What da hell is JUJu and black majic? only in Nigeria this Rubbish exists, i have never come across Black majic here in miami. grin I don't even know what they mean.
The actors who act this Horror movies do you think that they believe what they are acting is Real?
You know? i think you might be the sort of person who likes to be scared, paranoid and Anxious. It is a kind of Disorder/illness were a person feels Afraid All the time.

Trust me, there is a Great wide world out here in miami, England and Europe and in Nigeria too.

Again tell me, why is your pastor driving expensive cars , living in a mansion and living a flambouyant lifestyle? Rather than waiting for his reward in Heaven like he keep telling his congregations.

The pastors can do whatever they like. It's not in my place to judge. Judgement is for God alone. There's no sin in living a good life. That's what our Lord wants for everyone. But everything must be done in moderation and also try to help the needy.Just know that evil exists, so if there's evil, there's definitely Good.

Please try and change your mindset. Do not focus much on this world. Instead focus more on the after life.
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 05, 2019
lexylexy:

The pastors can do whatever they like. It's not in my place to judge. Judgement is for God alone. There's no sin in living a good life. That's what our Lord wants for everyone. But everything must be done in moderation and also try to help the needy.Just know that evil exists, so if there's evil, there's definitely Good.

Please try and change your mindset. Do not focus much on this world. Instead focus more on the after life.
Okay, if you say so, if it's left for God to judge, why do the police Arrest criminals? Or courts send people to jail? They should have left God to judge the criminals, And will God judge the police for Arresting the Criminals? grin I bet you don't have all the Answers.

Good and bad may exist but not Evil and Anyway, who determines what's Good or bad? A murderer might believe he is doing the Good by Killing people. what About soldiers who get paid to fight wars and kill fellow humans, Are they evil or bad? Even though they believe that they are doing good by Killing their enemies (other humans) in wars. Other humans who didn't do them Any wrong personally.

I am very much Focusing on the things of this world because i am in this world at moment, I don't care what happens to me when i die or Afterlife, There is NO Afterlife. It is only in your imginations. grin

I Think you have been brainwahed so much, And stop watching Horror Movies, JUJU or black majic movies, they are not good for your brains. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. / FG Mulls Redenomination Option To Stabilise Naira / Recommend A Side Hustle For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.