Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia (39818 Views)

Trump: Nigerians Hail Goodluck Jonathan / Nigerian Airways Pensioners Paid By Buhari, Hail Buhari, Curse Obasanjo (Videos) / Lawyers Chant 'Sai Baba', Hail Buhari As He Leaves Abuja Conference. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia by confyy007(m): 7:49pm On Sep 04, 2019
Now that he has been recalled/relieved of his duties, would he still be on salary? Or have they recalled that aspect too?
Re: Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia by christopheojo(m): 7:49pm On Sep 04, 2019
Auladimeji1:
Recall our citizens and size three airplanes that belong to south Africa,sell it and use the money to compensate those that lost their life or properties.Shikena

Good move my brother good move na man u bi na ur papa born u.....in fact oil dey ur head
Re: Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia by Aidejay(m): 7:50pm On Sep 04, 2019
Re: Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia by ProfBrugo: 7:51pm On Sep 04, 2019
ctleurocollege:
Recall for what? now hustlers will have no safety net to run to, it's gonna be worse than before

For those interested in studying in Cyprus, contact me

You should be ashamed of yourself. Give yourself brain.
Re: Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia by miraclea: 7:51pm On Sep 04, 2019
na to hail am be the solution now
Re: Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia by michresakidjo(m): 7:52pm On Sep 04, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
lawalosky:
v
Re: Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 04, 2019
ctleurocollege:
Recall for what? now hustlers will have no safety net to run to, it's gonna be worse than before

For those interested in studying in Cyprus, contact me
we have not settled South Africa own you are still trying to send people to Cyprus for backyard degree.

you want us to fold our hands and watch fellow Nigerians die in South Africa because you want to go and hustle?
China abeg make una do manufacture artificial brain to solve this brainlessness in Nigeria

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia by Adedapo57: 7:53pm On Sep 04, 2019
Dey deceive ur self who dey hail you political strategy to redeem urself sha do make ur four yrs finish mother fvcker
Re: Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia by DeWisedon(m): 7:54pm On Sep 04, 2019
Those people attacking shoprite will still foolishly recharge their MTN lines and make calls with it and also subscribe to DSTV and GOTV today instead of breaking their Simcards and damaging their DSTV if really they want to boycott SA products....

South Africans are there attacking Nigerians and their businesses and we are here looting Nigeria owned businesses inside shoprite mall amd burning down MTN buildings where Nigerians are working.
Its still a Win Win Situation for South Africa
Una sure say we get sense at all?

Must we behave foolishly like South Africans
Can lack of proper education be the cause of all these in Africa
Re: Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia by Sensiblerealist: 7:56pm On Sep 04, 2019
No be everyone online get sense nah.
Keyboard analysts and economists dem
Iamgrey5:
To make the president always look bad grin

Isn't obvious from his comments?

Does recalling Ambassador translate to the closure of the Nigerian embassy.
Re: Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia by Orokojasper(m): 7:56pm On Sep 04, 2019
frankmoney:
what do you want exactly

Abi o,I tire for these people,you can never satisfy them

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia by kazeem74: 7:56pm On Sep 04, 2019
Managing step taken but more still expected, what of safety of Nigerians remaining there? We should seek for international intervention before invading with security personnel to evacuate those they can bring back to show that we mean business
Re: Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 04, 2019
correctguy0900:
Waiting for next move from the wailers association of nairaland. (WAN).

This one shock them. Dey didn't foresee the move by baba.
If not for criticism would the presidency had responded swiftly?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:58pm On Sep 04, 2019
Political sycophants like the OP are the scum of the earth
Re: Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia by jagojunior(m): 7:59pm On Sep 04, 2019
Do we have an Embassy in South Africa?
Re: Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 04, 2019
AU should sanction SA for this barbaric act

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia by wickedtuna: 7:59pm On Sep 04, 2019
Hehe Kabir wey run come back house this ones dey talk recall na redail...salaamu alaikum to you jare mallam kabir....muna gaysuwa o ....nnoo o...ekabo..i hope you tell oga the way it is o...dont eat too much date fruit and sweet talk the severity of the situation.
Re: Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia by BruncleZuma: 7:59pm On Sep 04, 2019
blindjustice13:
Way to go cut diplomatic ties with south Africa. More strict sanctions should be placed on south Africa.

You know we don't share borders with SA right?

So quick question, what is the range of the Nigerian Airforce's Fastest Stealth Fighter Aircraft?

(Hint: You can use Google and Phone a friend if you feel like it, you can even use 50:50 and ask the audience)
Re: Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia by Didijiji: 8:00pm On Sep 04, 2019
correctguy0900:

see your doctor
Re: Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia by farem: 8:01pm On Sep 04, 2019
frankmoney:
what do you want exactly

Just nothing and anything! Their hallucination is legendary.
Re: Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia by Iamgrey5(m): 8:05pm On Sep 04, 2019
ednut1:
Lets be honest here. SA don't care. The president and some ministers lowkey love what's going on . They may start mass ddporting nigerians soo
You are not being honest.

South African diplomats are actually scared because of the uncertainty.

Nigeria remains SA biggest trading partner on the continent.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia by tot(f): 8:06pm On Sep 04, 2019
Simplyleo:
[/b]
All these summits summits up and down na formality sef. Any investor worth his onion knows where to to invest. If the environment is not conducive and there are no prospect, no amount of summits will make him invest.

Additionally, countries know where their interests lie and summits or no summits, they will still go about their interests.

Is this you talking or someone else? Wonders.
Re: Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 04, 2019
correctguy0900:

That wailing from wailers made the president to sit up and do the needful.

The attack started some days ago and the FGN did nothing about it not until Nigerians back in SA started standing their grounds over there while Nigerians back home also decided to apply the law of reciprocity on SA's business interests in Nigeria and every well meaning Nigerian started calling out on the FGN for it's docility over this issue which eventually woke them up to be alive to their responsibilities.

The credit here goes to the Nigerian masses who in unison for once called out the Nigerian government to act which is why they now decided to do the needful after how many day's of being silent while Nigerians in SA gets dehumanized.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia by tot(f): 8:08pm On Sep 04, 2019
correctguy0900:

Just shut it. The next thing is for you people to start tribalising and politicising the issue. Nonsense.
Re: Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia by Viktorino: 8:08pm On Sep 04, 2019
Which jet? These toys grin
Cameroonglass:
Funny, Nigeria need to send 20 fighter jets to South Africa, We need that Big brother figure
Re: Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia by tot(f): 8:08pm On Sep 04, 2019
byrron:

That wailing from wailers made the president to sit up and do the needful.

The attack started some days ago and the FGN did nothing about it not until Nigerians back in SA started standing their grounds over there while Nigerians back home also decided to apply the law of reciprocity on SA's business interests in Nigeria and every well meaning Nigerian started calling out on the FGN for it's docility over this issue which eventually woke them up to be alive to their responsibilities.

The credit here goes to the Nigerian masses who in unison for once called out the Nigerian government to act which is why they now decided to do the needful after how many day's of being silent while Nigerians in SA gets dehumanized.

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia by Leonbonapart(m): 8:08pm On Sep 04, 2019
correctguy0900:

dude for real

You calling this a move?

Don't let the blood of those killed hunt you too
Re: Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia by oldtime(m): 8:09pm On Sep 04, 2019
"THE ATTACKS ON NIGERIANS IN SOUTH AFRICA: TODAY AT WORK

The Facility I work has a healthy contingent of South African expats - especially in the field of nursing; South African Medicine is one of the most advanced in the World and their medical professionals are some of the most well trained and competent you could ever meet - Bar none, thus they are highly sought after.

In my area of medical specialty, currently, I have 3 South Africans directly working under my supervision.

We had a candid discussion this afternoon; about the attacks on fellow Africans living in South Africa, by South Africans.

We all agreed that the ongoing and recurrent attacks are Barbaric, unfortunate and unacceptable.

However, one of them immediately argued that the attacks - especially those on Nigerians - was a direct consequence of the criminal behaviour of the Nigerian!

"How" I asked?

She dichotomized thusly: The attacks on (neighbouring Africans country's nationals) - Zimbabweans, Malawians, Mozambicans especially - In her opinion, is purely as a result of misplaced aggression. The attackers erroneously see these neighbouring African Countries' nationals as economic migrants who come to compete with native South Africans for limited jobs and resources; But attacks on Nigerians, "those ones are purely criminals. They are not interested in making an honest living" she deadpan!

This South African colleague said further:
"they move into your hitherto safe and quiet neighborhood and take over. They turn it into drug dens. And street prostitution ring"

Continuing, she said: "Even those of them that claim to own one 'shop' or they other, they just use that as a 'front'. Their main business is drugs, prostitution, and money laundering, which they transact at the back of the so called 'shops'. We don't want Nigerians in our Country"

One of the men, who had hitherto been quiet, said "Doctor, the mentality of the people carrying these attacks, on Nigerians is:

'we have seen how you people destroyed your Country, we will not allow you people to do same to ours'

One of them, in apparent righteous anger, said: "Doctor, do you know that I cannot send my daughters back home to South African for their High Schools because my neighborhood has been taken over by your Nigerian brothers? I am scared they will rape my Children on their way to or from school. We feel besieged"!

Whao! I said Finally, when I was "allowed" to speak: "So, that's how you people thought about me when I started work here"?

To a rapturous laugher they chorused: "Doctor, truth be told, when you first came, you were a topic of conversation one or two times, when we South Africans get togather"

"Didn't you notice every body kinda gave you a 'wide berth' when you first arrived? Our motto is: better safe than sorry when dealing with Nigerians" one of them said.

Well, I asked them, do you think what's happening to Africans in South Africa, by South Africans is Right"?

"No". All of them replied. Especially, for non-Nigerian Africans. We know more innocent people, than the criminals have suffered. They don't deserve it;

"But Nigerians", They started laughing. "We just want them out of our Country"

MY PRAYER TO NIGERIANS AT HOME: While we have absolute right to be outraged both as Nigerians and human beings about the killings and destruction of property, in addressing the current situation, we must not Ignore the root cause(s) of why would Citizens of a Nation, who hitherto loved, admired and respected us; and in whose Freedom cause fight, Nigeria invested so much Blood, Sweat, Tears and Treasure come to so viscerally dislike us Nigerians?

Surely, we cannot pretend not to know that the very same group of Nigerians who say they are not Nigerians - and therefore must destroy her by all means, who disrespect their fellow compatriots, who believe in "make money by ALL MEANS or DIE TRYING" are those same that have throughout the world, spread a stigma on us all. A stigma that any person who has traveled on Nigerian's Green Passport will know all too well!

While I agree that our Nigeria Government must express in the strongest Diplomatic terms possible, our abhorrence to these senseless barbaric behaviour of South Africans and demand it stops forthwith; and while also, I am not rationalizing or excusing these killings, we must not pretend and Ignore the fact that many of our Nationals constitute themselves into Nuisances, and Criminals. That is a fact that no fair commenter or observer can ignore.

While the Government works at ensuring a robust response, the culture that encourages these criminal behaviours must be addressed, starting from the community levels. Failure to do these, will only ensure that many many more innocent Nigerians will continue to be caught up in the web of the repercussions that inevitably results from the actions/behaviours of these criminal minds, as has presently happened with the current spate of xenophobic killings.

May God help and protect us all. " Musa Mbahi

My view:

I have never have the right words to define my feelings anytime these attacks occur and the reason isn't far fetched, we do worse to ourselves at home.

Thanks Dr Musa for putting this into perspectives.

Africa Arise.

Copied
Re: Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia by Simplyleo: 8:09pm On Sep 04, 2019
[s]
tot:

Is this you talking or someone else? Wonders.
[/s]
Re: Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia by RTSC2: 8:10pm On Sep 04, 2019
ednut1:
our jets are no match
That is the danger of limiting our security plans to West Africa.

We need to start planning for any potential war with south Africa and any North African powerhouse and act accordingly
The money is there to become the best, but Nigeria don't see the need.

I hope they now realise war with any African country is a real possibility.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia by Obaino12: 8:10pm On Sep 04, 2019
FutureDecisions:
Nigerians have hailed President Muhammadu Buhari on his recall of the Ambassador to South Africa, Kabir Bala, over renewed xenophobic attacks on Nigerians in South Africa.

The Federal Government had also pulled out of the World Economic Summit (WES) holding in Cape Town, South Africa on Wednesday, in a sign of worsening diplomatic relations between the two countries, Igbere TV reports.

The move is seen by critics of the government as the strongest since news of the attacks broke.

Police have yet to pinpoint what triggered the violence, which began on Sunday when protesters armed with makeshift weapons roamed the streets of Pretoria’s business district, pelting shops with rocks and petrol bombs and running off with goods.

Nigerians on Twitter have hailed the President and the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, over the decision, calling for more action.

http://igberetvnews.com/962088/nigerians-hail-buhari-on-recall-of-ambassador-to-south-africa-over-xenophobia/

Who else is still confused??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Usuman Baba Brings Back SARS, Releases New Terms And Conditions - SR / Federal Allocation For Lagos For January 2016 / #EkitiDecides 2018: APC Wins Fayose’s Local Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.