Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,898 members, 7,828,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn (10869 Views)

Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami / Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid / Shehu Sani: Why We Rejected Buhari’s $30bn Loan Request (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn by spectroscopic: 8:57pm On Sep 04, 2019
Philip O. Ozuah, M.D., Ph.D., serves as professor in the departments of pediatrics and epidemiology & population health at Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He also is President, Montefiore Health System.

No way any sane man will leave this type of Job to work for a Buhari. I would do it with Obasanjo and Jonathan and Yaradua
Re: See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn by plaindealer: 9:03pm On Sep 04, 2019
d33types:

Why do you guys read only headlines?

Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn

Stop blaming people for the lying and deceptive headline, change the headline.
Re: See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn by Ernezee(m): 9:05pm On Sep 04, 2019
vibre:
This is man is a fool o, 13 billion wetin? Ojibiti bitibiti chai!!!

You are a bigger fool
Re: See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn by plaindealer: 9:06pm On Sep 04, 2019
Newshubs:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10165694_10165436img20190904173649353jpeg72336e0ad50dc51e1eebe57aafa538f9_jpeg_jpegcbed8a0eabb0decaaf188dd4d635b520

Professor Philip 0zuah, an Igbo man with Biafran
instinct, was alleged to have rejected ministerial
appointment offer from President Muhammadu
Buhari.
The professor was said to have "totally declined
to be Health Minister in Nigeria, stating that there
is much corruption in the country"
Professor Ozuah is also said to own a hospital in
the US whose annual budget is $13 billion.
He was the Chief Operating Officer in Montefiore
Hospital based in Bronx, New York, United States
of America.

Apart from the fact that the man is a good and hardworking doctor like many hardworking Nigerians abroad, the rubbish about appointment in Nigeria is a lie, unless you have have proof to show that he was contacted for a job in Nigeria.

You people really need to stop lying, it's nauseating and annoying.

3 Likes

Re: See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn by plaindealer: 9:07pm On Sep 04, 2019
Ernezee:

You are a bigger fool

Do you have proof that the man is worth $13 billion?

Do you people even know the meaning of $13 billion?

3 Likes

Re: See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn by spectroscopic: 9:09pm On Sep 04, 2019
joseph1832:
Well I believe he has his reason for rejecting the ministerial position, but still I believe, no matter what, when mother Nigeria call, no matter who sit in Aso Rock, we the children of mother Nigeria should obey.

Nigerian can rubbish a good man/woman. Ask Ngozi Okonjo Iweala; ask prof Barth Nnaji. Some of us abroad will be happy to work in Nigeria but not under Buhari (speaking for myself of course).
Re: See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn by spectroscopic: 9:11pm On Sep 04, 2019
plaindealer:

Do you have proof that the man is worth $13 billion?

Do you people even know the meaning of $13 billion?

The man is not worth $13 billion; but the hospital he is the president of could be, no doubt. Nairaland (Internet) is 50% Fake news grin grin

2 Likes

Re: See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn by ChristianEast: 9:12pm On Sep 04, 2019
seunmsg:

If he owns a hospital with an annual budget of $13billion, it is accurate to rate him a billionaire and have his name on Forbes list.

We all chest beat once in a while but you guys take it to a very ridiculous level. Buhari didn’t offer that guy any ministerial appointment. Any random person can snap with the Vice President so look for a better proof to back up your claim. In fact, the mod should move this thread to the jokes section. The claim is simply hilarious. grin
Lol, you guys talk like illiterate sometimes.

Budget is expenses. Profit is the difference between revenue and budget.

Only part of the profit is distributed while the rest are plunged back to the business and again, he doesn't owe the hospital 100%.

The total asset of capital oil is over 500 billion Naira but he is not listed on Forbes.

2 Likes

Re: See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn by iaindabawa(m): 9:16pm On Sep 04, 2019
I doubt your claim
This is what wikipedia said about the hospital you said is owned by the said person

Hi @iaindabawa*

*Duta Search Result: Montefiore Medical Center - Wikipedia*

Montefiore Medical Center is a teaching hospital network of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, with the largest hospital located in the Norwood section of the Bronx, New York City. It is named for Moses Montefiore and is one of the 50 largest employers in New York State. In 2016, Montefiore Medical Center was ranked #7 of the 180 New York City metropolitan area hospitals by U.S. News & World Report.

== History ==

Montefiore was founded by "leaders of New York’s Jewish community" as the Montefiore Home for Chronic Invalids at Avenue A and East 84th Street in Manhattan, and accepted its first six patients on October 24, 1884, Moses Montefiore's 100th birthday. In its early years, it housed mostly patients with tuberculosis and other chronic illnesses.

_Source: Wikipedia_

3 Likes

Re: See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn by ruggedtimi(m): 9:16pm On Sep 04, 2019
$13billion bloggers na wa
Re: See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn by ruggedtimi(m): 9:18pm On Sep 04, 2019
ChristianEast:

His hospital's budget not his worth.
even the hospital budget no reach $13bill
Re: See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn by propsvilla3: 9:19pm On Sep 04, 2019
Barondenigeria:
cheesy
Some people can mama mouth sha! He's worth 13 billion dollars and he's not on Forbes list?? Clowns
Forbe Forbe Forbe ah ah ah
Forbe List is giving to the highest bidders
If you doubt me as Invictus Obi
Re: See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn by seunmsg(m): 9:21pm On Sep 04, 2019
ChristianEast:

Lol, you guys talk like illiterate sometimes.

Budget is expenses. Profit is the difference between revenue and budget.

Only part of the profit is distributed while the rest are plunged back to the business and again, he doesn't owe the hospital 100%.

The total asset of capital oil is over 500 billion Naira but he is not listed on Forbes.

You are the illiterate, my friend. If you own a business with an annual budget of $13billion, you’re a billionaire. Your argument that he doesn’t own the company 100% is another ignorant comment. According to the OP, he owns the hospital. Go back to the OP and read or get someone more sensible to read and interpret for you.

Btw, the dude is just an employee of the university that owns the hospital. The issue of percentage of ownership doesn’t even come up because he doesn’t own any part of the hospital.

6 Likes

Re: See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn by spectroscopic: 9:21pm On Sep 04, 2019
propsvilla3:

I agree. Appearance in Forbes list is paid for just like Marquis Who is Who in America
Re: See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn by spectroscopic: 9:21pm On Sep 04, 2019
seunmsg:

You are the illiterate, my friend. If you own a business with an annual budget of $13billion, you’re a billionaire. Your argument that he doesn’t own the company 100% is another ignorant comment. According to the OP, he owns the hospital. Go back to the OP and read or get someone more sensible to read and interpret for you.

Btw, the dude is just an employee of the university that owns the hospital. The issue of percentage of ownership doesn’t even come up because he doesn’t own any part of the hospital.

He is not just an employee. He is the President
Re: See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn by seunmsg(m): 9:24pm On Sep 04, 2019
spectroscopic:

He is not just an employee. He is the President

So, because he’s the president of the hospital, he’s not an employee? Are you saying he’s the owner?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn by Perkins2018: 9:28pm On Sep 04, 2019
propsvilla3:

So incictus obi is worth a billion dollar?
Re: See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn by spectroscopic: 9:30pm On Sep 04, 2019
seunmsg:

So, because he’s the president of the hospital, he’s not an employee? Are you saying he’s the owner?
Nobody is the single owner. It is owned by the University which is owned by a Jewish Foundation.
Re: See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn by spectroscopic: 9:31pm On Sep 04, 2019
seunmsg:

As the president, he is the ''owner'', much as Buhari is the ''owner'' of Nigeria. If you know what I mean.
Re: See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn by seunmsg(m): 9:33pm On Sep 04, 2019
spectroscopic:

Nobody is the single owner. It is owned by the University which is owned by a Jewish Foundation.

I said he’s an employee of the university that owns the hospital and you claimed he’s not. So, what exactly are you saying?
Re: See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn by spectroscopic: 9:34pm On Sep 04, 2019
ruggedtimi:
even the hospital budget no reach $13bill

Correct. It's $5.9 Bill

The system — which includes Montefiore Medical Center — recorded operating revenue of $5.9 billion in the year ended Dec. 31, according to recently released financial documents. That's a 7.3 percent increase year over year, partially attributable to higher net patient service revenue.
Re: See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn by seunmsg(m): 9:37pm On Sep 04, 2019
spectroscopic:

As the president, he is the ''owner'', much as Buhari is the ''owner'' of Nigeria. If you know what I mean.

You are not making any sense. The CEO of Dangote group is from Netherlands. Is he the owner of Da gore group?

Your mcm is an employee of the university that owns the hospital. He can be fired at anytime. You either accept the truth or keep arguing ignorantly.

4 Likes

Re: See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn by spectroscopic: 9:38pm On Sep 04, 2019
seunmsg:

You are not making any sense. The CEO of Dangote group is from Netherlands. Is he the owner of Da gore group?

Do you know what ''owner'' means, when compared to owner? Nigerian graduates - awon olodo rabata

2 Likes

Re: See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn by spectroscopic: 9:39pm On Sep 04, 2019
seunmsg:

I said he’s an employee of the university that owns the hospital and you claimed he’s not. So, what exactly are you saying?

My point is that he is not just an ordinary employee. He is the president running a $5.9 Billion hospital.
Re: See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn by seunmsg(m): 9:42pm On Sep 04, 2019
spectroscopic:

Do you know what ''owner'' means, when compared to owner? Nigerian graduates - awon olodo rabata

American graduate, he’s neither of the two. He’s an employee just like the cleaner in the hospital.
Re: See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn by Ritchiee: 9:42pm On Sep 04, 2019
spectroscopic:

That means that he was employed,abi?
He was not even born when the university hospital was established.
I bet he is not even worth up to 1 million dollars.

1 Like

Re: See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn by spectroscopic: 9:45pm On Sep 04, 2019
seunmsg:

American graduate, he’s neither of the two. He’s an employee just like the cleaner in the hospital.

I guess in life nearly anybody can be fired. If Nigeria was working Buhari would be fired now and replaced by his VP.
Re: See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn by spectroscopic: 9:46pm On Sep 04, 2019
Ritchiee:

I bet he is not even worth up to 1 million dollars.

Lol. He is worth much more than that. Doctors of even lesser caliber are very well paid in America. He is not just a doctor; he is a professor and a president. Actually, I can authoritatively say he receives over $3 million per annum. Of course, you can guess like how much the IRS takes away as taxes from that money - about 20%, or so.
Re: See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn by spectroscopic: 9:53pm On Sep 04, 2019
seunmsg:

Where did I claim he is not an employee? I said he is not just an ordinary employee; he is the president..... Again, reading and understanding problem.
Re: See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn by plaindealer: 9:57pm On Sep 04, 2019
This is the real president of Montefiore Medical Center.

2 Likes

Re: See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn by Ritchiee: 9:59pm On Sep 04, 2019
spectroscopic:

Lol. He is worth much more than that. Doctors of even lesser caliber are very well paid in America. He is not just a doctor. He is a professor and a president

You do not even know his worth and because they made him the Chief Operating Officer he has become the president and owner of a university hospital built more than 100 years ago,where he was employed and can be sacked anytime.Are you saying that he is claiming ownership of the hospital?Another FBI thing,don´t you think so?
Re: See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn by spectroscopic: 10:00pm On Sep 04, 2019
plaindealer:
This is the real president of Montefiore Medical Center.

Ge the entire post na. Stop picking and choosing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rabiu Musa: Malami As Champion Of Nigeria’s Justice System / Cross River Magistrates Say They Now Beg In Order To Survive / Women In Finland Protested Against Men Marrying Only One Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.