Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,817 members, 7,813,697 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Apple Vs Non-apple Computers - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Apple Vs Non-apple Computers (6901 Views)

Apple Computers. / Microsoft And Apple Computers Which Is Better? / Why Do People Like Apple Computers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apple Vs Non-apple Computers by dtwsola2: 5:37pm On Oct 29, 2010
4llerbuntu:

bot keeps on swallowing my posts! why na?

anyway: u can check up my recent posts for my riposte eh

well these are a couple of things i would prefer that my laptop have that these una new MAC nor dey get:

1. Ethernet port!! i mean WTF!!! i have to buy a usb extension to hook up a LAN cable?
2. An optical drive (CD/DVD Drive) i mean really as in han han. . . . . . .
3. A card reader
4. A user replacable wireless network card
5  A replaceable  battery
6. Replaceable RAM.
7. HDMI ports

I can't believe this post has gone unchecked until now.

What in heavens are you talking about? The unibody Macbook has almost all those things you mentioned. The Macbook (Pro & non-Pro) have an optical drive, card reader, replaceable RAM and battery, and a mini displayport which is essentially the same signal as hdmi in a more compact package. Hardly any laptop comes with upgradeable LAN card. That is usually embedded into the system board. You can always get an add-on Usb network card if you want, but why the hell would you need that anyway?

Certainly you wouldn't be silly enough to compare the iPad, or even the Macbook Air to a full-fledged laptop. Those devices were designed to be super-mobile. The Macbook Air is 0 .4 - 2cm thick. One of the thinnest laptops ever made. It doesn't have an optical drive like most netbooks. But it does have replaceable RAM and battery.
Re: Apple Vs Non-apple Computers by InkedNerd(f): 5:46pm On Oct 29, 2010
2kurupt:

All this 'apple is tite' speech just make me wanna throw-up. We must'nt all use the same thing thats why competition must thrive.
@OP, True mac is user friendly and comes with great hardware but lets not forget the topic which talks about the nigerian scenario. If your thinking of a computer for your folks back home, i'll advise you go for a good hardware device running running windows software. Coz in nigeria, genuine windows products & compatible softwares (not otigba bootlegs) are widely available and suppprted. Even OEM's like hp, sony, acer etc are present for hardware support.

If only apple will change their policy on international markets and have their presence felt in naija (not just leaving the naija apple end-user to fend for himself) then it does'nt stand a chance to beat microsoft in the nigerian market.

Although the computer will be kept in the house, I'd be the main person using it. I even considered buying a Mac here and just having it shipped there.
Re: Apple Vs Non-apple Computers by soladtw: 5:50pm On Oct 29, 2010
4llerbuntu:

well these are a couple of things i would prefer that my laptop have that these una new MAC nor dey get:

1. Ethernet port!! i mean WTF!!! i have to buy a usb extension to hook up a LAN cable?
3. A card reader
5  A replaceable  battery
6. Replaceable RAM.
7. HDMI ports

What in heavens are you talking about? The unibody Macbook has almost all those things you mentioned. The Macbook (Pro & non-Pro) have an optical drive, card reader, replaceable RAM and battery, and a mini displayport which is essentially the same signal as hdmi in a more compact package. Hardly any laptop comes with upgradeable LAN card. That is usually embedded into the system board. You can always get an add-on Usb network card if you want, but why the hell would you need that anyway?

Certainly you wouldn't be silly enough to compare the iPad, or even the Macbook Air to a full-fledged laptop. Those devices were designed to be super-mobile. The Macbook Air is 0 .4 - 2cm thick. One of the thinnest laptops ever made. It doesn't have an optical drive like most netbooks. But it does have replaceable RAM and battery.

Sorry to sound so smug but judging by some of the posts of those based in Naija in this thread, I think most Nigerians are just not familiar enough with MAC to actually participate in an intelligent MAC vs PC debate. Some are just using hearsay and gist and do not have the slightest idea about anything Apple related.
Re: Apple Vs Non-apple Computers by soladtw2: 6:11pm On Oct 29, 2010
4llerbuntu:

3. A card reader
5 A replaceable battery
6. Replaceable RAM.
7. HDMI ports

Hate to sound smug, but judging by the posts of some of the Naija based folks here, it seems Nigerians are not familiar enough with Mac platform (OS and hardware) to carry on an intelligent MAC vs PC debate. Some people are just posting hearsay and gists not having the slightest clue as to what they are talking about.

PS: Moderators, please un-ban my original account dtw_sola. It marked me as a spammer and banned me when I tried to modify my original post in this thread. And please fix your forum. It seems to very buggy at the moment. All sorts of weird happenings.
Re: Apple Vs Non-apple Computers by iamlone(f): 6:13pm On Oct 29, 2010
cool
Re: Apple Vs Non-apple Computers by tennyalad(m): 7:46pm On Oct 29, 2010
Although i use a mac smiley but i think that piece of tech is over rated.
the prices on the ishopa website is so damn high eg: iphone 4 for 240,000 naira is total rip off to a "developing" country smiley
but guys, these products are expensive more expensive than here in europe.

http://www.ishopa.com/public/index.php?main=pricelist

i think its time i move back home, seems like the economy is super good smiley
Re: Apple Vs Non-apple Computers by soladtw2: 8:26pm On Oct 29, 2010
Wow so all my originally banned posts are back, but my original account isn't. Seun, step your game up, man.
Re: Apple Vs Non-apple Computers by mikkyphp(m): 9:16pm On Oct 29, 2010
is it Apple vs Non Apple computers or Apple's Mac OS versus other Operating sytems that we're discussing? I beleive if microsoft made hardware to run it's Windows OS, it would make something as Novel as Apple does. But it does not! They focus on OS softwares to run on an Ubiquitous and cheap Architechture. That's why they're making so much money from software sales. You talk of apple and security in terms on viruses etc. It is only logical for Virus writers to write malicious software code for the most common OS available. Just as you dont hear of viruses attacking an Android OS, or Apple's iOS, instead they focus on Nokia's Symbian OS because you have more Nokia Phones Out there than any other. So Stop the no-virus BS.
Alot of views that have been potrayed here especially those leaning towards the Mac are biased.
My take on Apple versus non apple computers, i'd go for Non-apple computers because of what i do everyday. I want a non-apple computer/server i can decide whether to run RedHat or Windows server 2008 etc, not a rigid architecture that permits only Apple's OS. Something i can quickly and easily do Hot Swaps for memory and Gigabit Network Interface cards. Something Easily upgradeable et.c
Re: Apple Vs Non-apple Computers by denzel2009: 9:25pm On Oct 29, 2010
mikkyphp:

is it Apple vs Non Apple computers or Apple's Mac OS versus other Operating sytems that we're discussing? I beleive if microsoft made hardware to run it's Windows OS, it would make something as Novel as Apple does. But it does not! They focus on OS softwares to run on an Ubiquitous and cheap Architechture. That's why they're making so much money from software sales. You talk of apple and security in terms on viruses etc. It is only logical for Virus writers to write malicious software code for the most common OS available. Just as you dont hear of viruses attacking an Android OS, or Apple's iOS, instead they focus on Nokia's Symbian OS because you have more Nokia Phones Out there than any other. So Stop the no-virus BS.
Alot of views that have been potrayed here especially those leaning towards the Mac are biased.
My take on Apple versus non apple computers, i'd go for Non-apple computers because of what i do everyday. I want a non-apple computer/server i can decide whether to run RedHat or Windows server 2008 etc, not a rigid architecture that permits only Apple's OS. Something i can quickly and easily do Hot Swaps for memory and Gigabit Network Interface cards. Something Easily upgradeable et.c
Thank you bro.

I like apple products but Mac is outrageously expensive and If you are unlucky and it gets faulty,you'll pay through your nose to get it repaired.
Re: Apple Vs Non-apple Computers by dastudent(m): 9:45pm On Oct 29, 2010
ReLaTE:

Apple products are very good,MAC my word.
Bt b4 buying any product,u hv to consider ths two vital reasons wheda u're buying a machine,gadgets,computer,car etc. Make sure that there's availability of service shops and the product parts in your country. Why shuld u go for a lamborghini car  when the spare parts and service shops are nt easily accessible to you. If u are residing outside nigeria or u're a frequent traveller outside Nigeria then u cn get one.

you are quite right,my itouch got soaked in water and that was the end of it.I wish there was an apple store in Naija because,they have a policy of giving you a brand new gadget if on damages with the warranty.sucks.
Even though i am using a macbook pro to type this message.I dread the day anything spoils on it.The charger alone is 20k.But i am loving the efizy sha.
Re: Apple Vs Non-apple Computers by Chxta(m): 10:01pm On Oct 29, 2010
texazzpete:

This Mac vs PC bullcrap argument.
I own a Macbook pro, and the build quality is awesome, but i'm stunned some people here are trumpeting about the hardware specs of the Macbook pro.
Really?

Only 2 USB ports, no BluRay option, generally slower processors, mid-range GPUs, no HDMI, very few expansion ports, no VGA connector for projectors  shocked

I got the Macbook just for the option of triple booting all the three major OS tranches (OS X, Windows 7, Ubuntu).
That's all there is to it. OS X vs Windows is subjective. Once you get all that elitist crap out of your head, Windows 7 is every bit as good as OS X. Install a decent Antivirus software and use your common sense and you won't have to worry about viruses.

As for buying a MacBook Pro in Nigeria, you'd have to be savvy. Vendors like ishopA.com are stupidly expensive, caught up in the elitist idea that since only 'Big men' buy Apple, therefore market the Apple laptops at outrageous prices. And that's just lame.

At the end of the day, it's best to buy whatever suits you. Windows, Ubuntu, OS X all get the job done. Plus you can configure a far more powerful laptop for a fraction of the price of a MAcbook pro. And you won't need to buy adapters just to use a projector or to connect your laptop via HDMI. Plus you won't need to lug around  a USB hub just to use your MTN modem and  a wired mouse at the same time.

This has got to be the best statement I've ever heard from you in the 25+ years that I've known you. . .
Re: Apple Vs Non-apple Computers by DamiKhojie(m): 10:35pm On Oct 29, 2010
Not in Nigeria but I absolutely love my Macbook Pro. I don't think I've had the force it to shut down since I've gotten it and it still runs the same way it did when I got it more than a year ago. My old laptop on the other hand was already slowing down my the time it reached this point even though I made sure I had firewall, antivirus, and cache cleaners etc. The only problem I've ever had with my Mac is that the charger stopped working once but I got a new one free since I have 3 year warranty. The Macbook Pro's are especially durable I've dropped it from my bed which is 4 feet high on to the hard dorm floor and there wasn't even a dent. If I need to use AutoCAD for my TD drawing homework I can just boot Windows 7 with VMware Fusion in another window in Mac OSX. Mac is most definitely the way to go if you shell out the money smiley. If you want a cheaper alternative and you consider yourself technology advance you could go with Ubuntu I've heard good things about it. Also if you were wondering my old Windows laptop was a Sony VAIO
Re: Apple Vs Non-apple Computers by DamiKhojie(m): 10:40pm On Oct 29, 2010
Someone mentioned the fact there's only 2 USB connections that definitely a big CON if you're in Nigeria. Also some of those Internet Dongles aren't always compatible with a Mac.
Re: Apple Vs Non-apple Computers by dastudent(m): 10:52pm On Oct 29, 2010
DamiKhojie:

Someone mentioned the fact there's only 2 USB connections that definitely a big CON if you're in Nigeria. Also some of those Internet Dongles aren't always compatible with a Mac.

Most internet dongles are gonna work for the mac.You just need to find the right driver.For example,the multilinks people said my internet dongle isn't gonna work.well guess what,its working.All i did was find the right driver and it wasn't that hard.
Re: Apple Vs Non-apple Computers by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:17pm On Oct 29, 2010
dear sola_dtw,
just incase you failed to notice, i specifically addressed the MacBook Air range!!
then the whatever u call it is not the same with a HDMI port, the processors are not the best around, the best you will get is a core2duo, those are like 2 yrs old now. no VGA out, there are no user serviceable parts in a MAC, the RAM is soldered to the MOBO!!! and u think getting a addon usb lan card aint a bigdeal shocked shocked shocked shocked on a laptop that has just 2 usb ports for your plethora of usb devices? no expansion ports!
for that price?

in case other people also misunderstood my point too, let me rephrase, the air series does not have those listed stuff, and costs at least 900 dollars. for a glorified lightweight netbook, that is criminal!

furthermore, its unfortunate that the bot kept sallowing my posts, because i made mention of various very valid points including the fact about MS not making hardware, and how the OS issue is really by the way!

anyway, i think Da student's posts pretty much sums up what a mac user is like inside, loving the effizy, little else to show for the huge outlay.

@ MIKKYP pls, lets not make this very very annoying general assumption that all pc are inferior hardware. THAT IS A TRAVESTY! how can you say MS makes the OS for inferior architecture and hardware? when windows is generally designed with very high pc specs in mind compared to other OS?

unless you have only been buying very cheap china laptops then you surely must have heard of Dell Alienware series, HP ENVY series, Countless top of the line Lenovo laptops etc. just because you nigerians like buyinhg cheap trash does not mean that all is that way!! JEEZ!!

try visiting their sites and selecting a pc, or even configure specs to suit your taste and see what it turns out to be price wise. a Alienware monster with the best Nvidia GPU, ridiculous amount of RAM, terabyte drive etc will cost you roughly the same with a glorified MAC AIR!!

now just in case you actually truly love the OSX that much, you can put it on that pc too. Hackintosh!!!

anyway sha bada bing bada boom. too mush moni speaking!!!!

@ Damikhojie,
that was not the fault of the hardware, but the OS. we are not debating OSX V WINDOWS

and i make bold to say that you did not do a good job of using the os, and thats why it slowed down and all that!!!!

as for driver, easier said. i use linux, and i often have to do the same you are doing, try to encourage pple that all will work fine. no it does not happen that way grin grin grin
some manufacturer do not support OSX when doing their hardware, there is always going to be some issues!!

then this one that Apple has stopped supporting Flash and java, what replacements have they put in place? if you are getting a new mac, chances are it wont support java and flash (at least officially from OSX Lion)
Re: Apple Vs Non-apple Computers by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:29pm On Oct 29, 2010
hope dis is legible

Re: Apple Vs Non-apple Computers by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:33pm On Oct 29, 2010
prior post

Re: Apple Vs Non-apple Computers by dastudent(m): 12:04am On Oct 30, 2010
what
4llerbuntu:

hope dis is legible

what model are you currently using.
Re: Apple Vs Non-apple Computers by texazzpete(m): 12:24am On Oct 30, 2010
sola_dtw2:

Hate to sound smug, but judging by the posts of some of the Naija based folks here, it seems Nigerians are not familiar enough with Mac platform (OS and hardware) to carry on an intelligent MAC vs PC debate. Some people are just posting hearsay and gists not having the slightest clue as to what they are talking about.

PS: Moderators, please un-ban my original account dtw_sola. It marked me as a spammer and banned me when I tried to modify my original post in this thread. And please fix your forum. It seems to very buggy at the moment. All sorts of weird happenings.

You really shouldn't criticize others when you're guilty of the same thing. Since when did the Macbook Pro have a user replaceable battery?
Your comments on the mini-displayport are rather naive. full HDMI ports are far more prevalent than their mini-displayport counterparts, meaning most people will have to grab an adaptor to output to HDMI. Naturally, Apple sells one on their website for an eye-gouging sum.

Funny you think many of us are not familiar with the hardware or OS. I'm the one that has to explain to my colleagues at least once a month that i cannot hook up my laptop to the office projector. At least not without paying for an Adaptor from Apple. Rubbish.
Re: Apple Vs Non-apple Computers by amor4ce(m): 1:50am On Oct 30, 2010
Re: Apple Vs Non-apple Computers by soladtw2: 2:13am On Oct 30, 2010
@texazzpete
To be honest with you, I don't see any untruth in what I said. The battery is in fact user replaceable. Just because Apple said it wasn't and offers a 'battery replacement service', doesn't mean it's not user replaceable. If you know how to use a screwdriver you can replace the battery yourself. Granted it will void the warranty. But that is a moot point, since they replace the battery for free if it's under warranty.

And yes I know you need an adapter to output mini displayport to hdmi, but you'd be silly to purchase it from Apple. Mini Displayport to HDMI cables can be found for less than $10 with shipping. Yes HDMI is a more popular standard, but there are quite a few advantages of Displayport over traditional HDMI including the fact that DP is based off of an open standard. The reason why Apple's macbook monitor is so thin is because it uses displayport, which eliminates the need for extra circuitry in the display, and allows for a smaller package.  Also you can get male DP to male HDMI cables, so you don't necessarily need an adapter.

Apple does try to suck every penny out of it's loyal customers. I won't disagree there, but you don't have to play into their hands.
Re: Apple Vs Non-apple Computers by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:17am On Oct 30, 2010
da student:

what what model are you currently using.

grin grin grin grin grin
thats the point, that there is not a macintosh!!!! i did not pay through my nose for it and it has every bit of functionality and look as a real OSX install.
Re: Apple Vs Non-apple Computers by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:45am On Oct 30, 2010
this is the top of the line hp envy. prebuilt (you can change specs, personally i would change batteries)

now this is a very large laptop, 17 inch screen:

4llerbuntu:

the official blurb

Announcing the next dimension in digital entertainment: advanced 3D1 technology in a laptop with a premium 17.3" (diagonal) screen. Our ENVY 17 3D series features Blu-ray2 and lets you do things that would bring other PCs to their knees—analyze data sets, render images, professionally edit videos, and enjoy serious gaming.
Two-year warranty and support
This series comes with a two-year limited warranty3 for parts and labor, including two years of toll-free support, 24 x 7, via on-line chat or e-mail

Powerful and beautiful

This series' big, Full HD§§ screen with Blu-ray will blow you away, whether you're watching 3D or 2D. But it's much more than a movie machine. You get:
An Intel Core i7‡ quad core processor with Turbo Boost Technology
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
A smooth, edge-to-edge 17.3" (diagonal) 1080p Full HD§§ screen with super-sharp 1920 x 1080 resolution
Shutter glasses for 3D viewing1
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5850 graphics with 1GB of ultrafast DDR5 VRAM [/b]and DirectX 11 support for best 3D game performance
A [b]slot-loading Blu-ray ROM drive2 [/b]for high-def Blu-ray viewing and traditional read/write on DVDs and CDs5
[b]6GB DDR3 [/b]system memory (expandable to 8GB)
[b]A dual hard drive up to 2TB
§ (or optional Solid State drive flash module
HP ProtectSmart, which detects if your laptop is dropped and automatically locks the hard drive to prevent data loss
An island-style, backlit keyboard with numeric keypad and oversized clickpad
A 6-cell Lithium-Ion battery (up to 2.5 hours†††), or upgrade to a 9-cell (up to 3.75 hours††† )
Fast connections
You get a multitude of high-speed ports and wireless connections with this series:
Intel Wireless-N Wi-Fi6 with Bluetooth
Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
An HDMI 1.3c port [/b]for connecting a monitor or HD TV6
[b]A Mini-Display port [/b]for connecting a super HD display
Three USB 2.0 ports (one is shared with the high-speed eSATA combo port)
A 5-in-1 digital media card reader
Cool extras
Packed with high-tech touches, this series includes:
HP Beats Audio, which is engineered to reproduce the sound quality found in music studios
Our exclusive MediaSmart software for enjoying movies, music, photos, and more
Preinstalled Adobe Photoshop software for photo/video editing
The ability to connect up to three external displays
[b]A low-light webcam with digital microphones

A clean-looking desktop with only the apps you want
Premium warranty and support
Our award-winning Total Care offers friendly, expert, around-the-clock assistance by phone, e-mail, and on-line chat. You can:
Get help toll-free or online, 24 x 7 from our call center, which provides two years of priority service and support in English or Spanish
E-mail a question and receive an answer in about an hour
Take advantage of on-line chat, FAQs, and other resources
Click on the desktop icon for quick access to on-line support
Visit our Consumer Support Forum at HP.com/support/consumer-forum to exchange insights and tips, and get answers to questions

official price on HP website is a criminal $1,599.99 shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/computer_can_series.do?storeName=computer_store&category=notebooks&a1=Category&v1=ENVY&series_name=ENVY173D_series&jumpid=in_R329_prodexp/hhoslp/psg/notebooks/ENVY/ENVY173D_series

what did you my dear Mac User get for your $2000+ outlay, pls post the specs!!!
Re: Apple Vs Non-apple Computers by texazzpete(m): 7:01am On Oct 30, 2010
sola_dtw2:

@texazzpete
To be honest with you, I don't see any untruth in what I said. The battery is in fact user replaceable. Just because Apple said it wasn't and offers a 'battery replacement service', doesn't mean it's not user replaceable. If you know how to use a screwdriver you can replace the battery yourself. Granted it will void the warranty. But that is a moot point, since they replace the battery for free if it's under warranty.

When people refer to the batteries of the Macbook Pro and the iPhone as not being 'user replaceable', they usually mean you can't swap it out for another one in a jiffy. Lots of people carry extra batteries around for their notebooks. Not me, but some people do. Yes, the Macbook Pro line usually has very good battery life (thanks to Apple using mediocre GPUs) but under heavy strain it WILL run down fast. Especially under Windows.
Would you call the iPhone 4's battery user-replaceable? It's easier to open the iPhone 4 than any other previous iPhone, but it's not practical to unscrew your phone on the go just to change out your battery with a fresh one.

sola_dtw2:

And yes I know you need an adapter to output mini displayport to hdmi, but you'd be silly to purchase it from Apple. Mini Displayport to HDMI cables can be found for less than $10 with shipping. Yes HDMI is a more popular standard, but there are quite a few advantages of Displayport over traditional HDMI including the fact that DP is based off of an open standard. The reason why Apple's macbook monitor is so thin is because it uses displayport, which eliminates the need for extra circuitry in the display, and allows for a smaller package.  Also you can get male DP to male HDMI cables, so you don't necessarily need an adapter.

Apple does try to suck every penny out of it's loyal customers. I won't disagree there, but you don't have to play into their hands.

Nobody cares or needs to know if mini Displayport is based off an open standard. I struggle to understand why this is important to you. The average consumer just wants to plug in his laptop to his TV with minimum fuss. End of story.
Using a regular HDMI cable will not add any meaningful heft to the Macbook pro. Many ultra-thin laptops come with HDMI standard. Apple just made that decision for their customers, that's all.
Yes, i know how to get cheap cables from Monoprice, thank you, but most of the average joes out there do not, and they default to buying from Apple. Lots of profit to be made, eh?
Only two USB ports in 2010 in a 15 inch laptop is just plain stupid, and the MAcbook design IS flawed as a result of this. The idiots naturally put the ports close together so most USB devices plugged in one port will block the other. That's nonsense.
Re: Apple Vs Non-apple Computers by leuelliot(m): 12:32pm On Oct 30, 2010
In other to solve the battle of the Geeks go and buy a system with this configuration Intel Xeon quad X3360 2.8gGHz ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 Crossfire, 5TB HDD 12GB RAM don't forget to add the liquid cooling system grin with this you'll get the best Power consumption, Gaming experience, HD in the highest definition and you can run all the OS's you've always wanted to run from Mac to Windows to Linux. Plain and simple
Re: Apple Vs Non-apple Computers by Ecash1: 3:49pm On Oct 30, 2010
Non Apple 24/7 .
The devil you know,is better than the angel you don't know.
Re: Apple Vs Non-apple Computers by InkedNerd(f): 4:02pm On Oct 30, 2010
E cash:

Non Apple 24/7 .
The devil you know,is better than the angel you don't know.

Hmmmm undecided
Re: Apple Vs Non-apple Computers by bd1(m): 5:02pm On Oct 30, 2010
It is funny how people talk about hot great mac os is starting with osx. Osx is when mac went to a FreeBSD core. When I run Mac OS side by side against FreeBSD I do not see what the hype is about.
Re: Apple Vs Non-apple Computers by denzel2009: 5:09pm On Oct 30, 2010
All the Apple and no virus is BS. Who is going to write malicious codes to attack OS that holds less than 20% of the market share. Let major corporations deploy MAC servers and then you'd see vulnerabilities.
Re: Apple Vs Non-apple Computers by bd1(m): 5:41pm On Oct 30, 2010
@ denzel2009 bsd and linux hold more of the critical server market than windows. The mac has the same exact ip stack and server combination as BSD.
Re: Apple Vs Non-apple Computers by texazzpete(m): 10:21am On Oct 31, 2010
b-_-d:

@ denzel2009 bsd and linux hold more of the critical server market than windows. The mac has the same exact ip stack and server combination as BSD.

He's clearly referring to the consumer market. That's the target for most virus writers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Make And Receive Calls With MTN Fastlink Huawei Modem / Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday / Difference In Using Verve Card And Mastercard For Quickteller Online Transaction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.