Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,814 members, 7,851,735 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:50 AM

The Secrets Of My Success – Seyi Makinde - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Secrets Of My Success – Seyi Makinde (261 Views)

VP Shettima Inaugurates 76.67km Ogbomoso-iseyin Road Constructed by Seyi Makinde / Seyi Makinde Wins Oyo PDP Governorship Ticket / Seyi Makinde Visits Demolished Fresh FM In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Secrets Of My Success – Seyi Makinde by sunky97: 12:52pm On Sep 05, 2019
That the Governor of Oyo State, Engineer Seyi Makinde hit the ground running in Oyo state following his swearing-in on May 29, 2019 is no longer news. It has indeed become a global knowledge that the GSM as he is fondly called has become a reference point for good governance not just in the South West but across Nigeria.

What does he attribute his phenomenal rise in political pedigree to just a few months after getting the mantle of leadership? That is the question that has kept agitating the minds of millions of Nigerians who have been watching the new kid on the bloc with keen interests, some with admiration and some with envy.

To Governor Seyi Makinde, the answer is not far-fetched. He bares it all in his upcoming autobiography, which comes with the title: “Seyi Makinde: Thinking it out.”

According to Engineer Makinde, a key aspect of his success is his adventurous life, which he says is weaved around a cause.

He tells it thus in the book: “My life is an adventure, and I continuously look forward to the next phase.

“My life is a long-distance race. I run, mostly not for fame or fortune but for a cause. I know this concept might be alien to a lot of people. In my over five decades on earth, I have met many people whose only goal in life is to become wealthy and famous. I have also seen how unhappy some of them have turned out to be.

“I am a marathoner, physically and metaphorically. With every sense of modesty, I admit that many consider me a traiIbIazer who is inspiring a new generation of Oyo people to aspire to a life beyond their present realities.
http://tellmystory.com.ng/story/the-secrets-of-my-success--seyi-makinde

Re: The Secrets Of My Success – Seyi Makinde by DrNueLpureHoney: 1:05pm On Sep 05, 2019
Soar higher

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

South Africa’s Black-on-black Violence Reflections On White Capital Vs Nigerian / Abdulrazaq Tasks Police Over Abduction Of Kaduna-bound Kwarans / Osun Appps Lauds Gov. Oyetola On Osun Water Dredging And Channelization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.