Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,535 members, 7,827,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) (20718 Views)

UK PM: Boris Johnson Withdraws From Race As Rishi Sunak Tipped To Succeed Truss / UK PM: Boris Johnson Expected To Make Shocking Return / #Partygate: UK PM, Boris Johnson narrowly Survives Confidence Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by symbianDON(m): 7:44am On Sep 06, 2019
oz4real83:
"self-assessment" not "self-assessment". Assessment means appraisal, examination. Your opinion is very right. If our politicians do self-assessment", they will realise they are not fit for leadership.
self-assessment in the first, self-accessment in the second.
Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by ibietela2(m): 7:46am On Sep 06, 2019
Sterope:
The people didn't vote to leave EU with a bad deal or uncertainty. The parliament is there to guarantee that we leave with a deal that won't leave the UK weaker.

Besides the English were the ones that voted for leave not the rest of the UK.

So the English has more population then others?
Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by Ceoking6: 7:47am On Sep 06, 2019
superior1:
Make e go siddon. The people voted brexit and the decision of the people must be upheld
But the people didn't vote on the terms of leaving brexit, I think a second referendum should be given and the terms of those who what out should be inserted.

I doubt brexit itself would even get the slim 51% it got now that they know its not beans
Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by LORDKing001: 7:47am On Sep 06, 2019
MediaGuru36:

Br - Britain

Exit - Exit (EU)

Simply put, a vote for Britain to exit European Union
So if e get head no champions league for England Scotland Ireland Wales?]
Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by philkoms: 7:50am On Sep 06, 2019
boss1310:
it was today I watched British ministers debating in parliament upon being one of the world powers the humility of the parliamentarians and the prime minister himself shocked me.they were sometimes shouting at each other but everything is all about their country not politics or showing off expensive wears and designs.we are still far behind
My brother I observed thesame and I said black has alot to learn because we are far behind .

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by Sterope(f): 7:54am On Sep 06, 2019
Yes. Scotland didn't vote to leave. Northern Ireland didn't vote to leave. Wales voted to leave. England voted to leave.

ibietela2:

So the English has more population then others?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by spokesboy: 7:56am On Sep 06, 2019
seanfer:

Does Him being an MP for 9 years qualifies him for a Ministerial position?
Guy, what you don't know is more than what you know. Firstoff, google about the parliamentary system of government, then come back for further tutorials.
Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by Flyingngel(m): 7:56am On Sep 06, 2019
oz4real83 post:

"self-assessment" not "self-accessment". Assessment means appraisal, examination. Your opinion is very right. If our politicians do self-assessment", they will realise they are not fit for leadership.

Noted, thanks.
It was typographical error.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by lexy2014: 7:58am On Sep 06, 2019
LORDKing001:

Thank you. So if materialize England wales Scotland and northern Ireland will be on their own and no longer part of uefa?

It has nothing to do with UEFA. Israel isn't part of EU but its a member of UEFA
Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by einsteine(m): 7:59am On Sep 06, 2019
seanfer:

Does Him being an MP for 9 years qualifies him for a Ministerial position?

He has been a minister under three different prime ministers. What's your point?
Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 06, 2019
I Can never forgive a snitch....!!!!!!!!!!!!!! especially a family snitch.
Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by LORDKing001: 8:02am On Sep 06, 2019
lexy2014:

It has nothing to do with UEFA. Israel isn't part of EU but its a member of UEFA
Alright thank you. Their problem
Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by Emyben(m): 8:07am On Sep 06, 2019
helinues:
Almost going to 20 rebels from conservatives party.

When Cameron resigned? I was so surprised cos was just Brexit votes nothing else.. I never knew he saw the future.

Borris Johnson will also resigns like May..

British PM post now is now an Ebola

The funniest part, more than 65% of those who voted for Brexit didn't even know what it was all about..

The Irish border palava can never be settled if the British are still going for Brexit.

Different country with different Wahala.. Na so Carrie Lam dey face her own problems for Hong Kong..

Sir, Please can you explain in layman's terms the fuss about this Brexit wahala? I mean, what is the problem.

I keep reading about it but the terminologies used are not something I have grabbed easily.
Help me put it down in a layman's term... Lol, abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by Zane2point4(m): 8:12am On Sep 06, 2019
Sterope:
Yes. Scotland didn't vote to leave. Northern Ireland didn't vote to leave. Wales voted to leave. England voted to leave.

What do the Uk have to loose if the pull out from the eu.
Pls educate.
Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by ThothHermes: 8:15am On Sep 06, 2019
Emyben:

Sir, Please can you explain in layman's terms the fuss about this Brexit wahala? I mean, what is the problem.

I keep reading about it but the terminologies used are not something I have grabbed easily.
The problem is that the the involved parties cannot agree on a deal. It's like a husband and wife that have decided to divorce but are arguing over sharing of the properties.
Conservatives want something, labour wants something else, the Irish want another and the EU would prefer of there was no brexit. Reaching a compromise that would satisfy everyone is what the fuss is all about.
Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by thunderbabs: 8:25am On Sep 06, 2019
Buhari, copy from this guy na, abeg. undecided
Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by 2nattie(m): 8:46am On Sep 06, 2019
I see Bo Jo resigning soon too
Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by Teacher1776(m): 8:49am On Sep 06, 2019
ItzLaw:
Where are those Nigerians hailing Boris for appointing cabinet in time? He appointed his brother and now the latter knows the former is a disaster to British hence, he opted out. It's not about doing it in time but doing it right.
You are out of order. Totally out of point.
Is there any similarity between coral beads and maize seeds?
Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by helinues: 9:03am On Sep 06, 2019
Emyben:

Okay

Brexit means Britain Exits.. They are planning to exit from European Union.. Just like saying Nigeria wants to pull out of West Africa Union

Reasons: As one of the biggest economy in the world and in Europe, some policies made by EU is not favouring UK.

Some mp's started the move of exiting in 2016 which was later put into referendum. They only explained the good side of it for people without telling them the other side. Majority voted to exit EU through referendum.

Now the problem is should they exit from EU, some of the free trades they are enjoying from other EU countries wont be applied to them.

The Irish border connects UK to other EU countries.. The problem with the border is , The Northern side of Irish is still part of UK but the southern part are independent ( Republic of Irelands which are part of EU.

Should UK exits from EU, the movements of good and services through the border would be hard compared to before.. It used to be tax free on some products, should tax imposed, it would have a large impacts on the price of goods and services in UK.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by galadima77(m): 9:09am On Sep 06, 2019
MediaGuru36:

Nothing actually wrong with the caption, it says "PM’s brother”. Pay attention to the coma

Thanks. Guess I wasn't paying attention
Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by galadima77(m): 9:09am On Sep 06, 2019
Enyimbamercedes:

British PM, Boris Johnson is the subject of the sentence and not Jon. So the title is used to describe Boris and not Jon. The key is in the comma, pause after reading the bit before the comma and continue then the heading might make more sense.

Thanks
Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by hahn(m): 9:29am On Sep 06, 2019
ednut1:
A nigerian politician would never do that

For wetin na?

Even if him no sabi ABC him go sabi loot

Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by Emyben(m): 9:32am On Sep 06, 2019
helinues:

Okay

Brexit means Britain Exits.. They are planning to exit from European Union.. Just like saying Nigeria wants to pull out of West Africa Union

Reasons: As one of the biggest economy in the world and in Europe, some policies made by EU is not favouring UK.

Some mp's started the move of exiting in 2016 which was later put into referendum. They only explained the good side of it for people without telling them the other side. Majority voted to exit EU through referendum.

Now the problem is should they exit from EU, some of the free trades they are enjoying from other EU countries wont be applied to them.

The Irish border connects UK to other EU countries.. The problem with the border is , The Northern side of Irish is still part of UK but the southern part are independent ( Republic of Irelands which are part of EU.

Should UK exits from EU, the movements of good and services through the border would be hard compared to before.. It used to be tax free on some products, should tax imposed, it would have a large impacts on the price of goods and services in UK.

Oh oh, thank you very much.
This is the best literal understanding I have had so far on this Brexit issue. Daalu! Thanks

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by Sterope(f): 9:36am On Sep 06, 2019
UK has been part of the EU for years. Basically, trade, healthcare, research, transport, border control, immigration....almost every damn thing is intertwined. Which means they might have to start from the scratch.

Most importantly is the trade deal and the Irish border. The EU and the UK need to reach an agreement that will not affect movement of goods and services moving into the UK.

It also doesn't help that there is Ireland and Northern Ireland. There is a whole lot of bitter history between the Irish and the English. Northern Ireland is part of the UK, Ireland isn't but it is part of EU. There isn't much divide on both Irish sides and they wouldn't allow a situation whereby any deal reached by EU or Britain affects the relationship, ease of movement from Ireland to Northern Ireland.

There are also other consequences that affects individuals like new passport rules, health insurance etc

Zane2point4:

What do the Uk have to loose if the pull out from the eu.
Pls educate.
Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by RexTramadol1: 10:12am On Sep 06, 2019
samsard:
Where else do they appoint ministers in the UK?

You dey mind that one?

Everywhere na Nigeria to them
Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by bizhop01: 10:17am On Sep 06, 2019
Prime Minister will soon follow his brother, I don't think he will able to finish what he just started.
Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by Starz825(m): 10:18am On Sep 06, 2019
You no go ever hear say one big principal officer for naija resign like that...never na until Dem find out say he/she no do NYSC .. grin
Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by RexTramadol1: 10:18am On Sep 06, 2019
anochuko01:
I saw the news on Al-Jazeera this morning, guess what, the guy was in suit yet he was riding a bicycle to wherever he was going.

Yea, saw it last night too

Boris received Mike Pence and Netanyahu afterwards
Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by ZinoFasisi: 11:02am On Sep 06, 2019
ItzLaw:
Where are those Nigerians hailing Boris for appointing cabinet in time? He appointed his brother and now the latter knows the former is a disaster to British hence, he opted out. It's not about doing it in time but doing it right.

did buhari do it right?
Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by TheShopKeeper(m): 12:41pm On Sep 06, 2019
...a politician who understands the importance of his personal beliefs...not like the ones in national assembly who are only there to line their pockets and get fat on national resources...
Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by Zane2point4(m): 1:14pm On Sep 06, 2019
Sterope:
UK has been part of the EU for years. Basically, trade, healthcare, research, transport, border control, immigration....almost every damn thing is intertwined. Which means they might have to start from the scratch.

Most importantly is the trade deal and the Irish border. The EU and the UK need to reach an agreement that will not affect movement of goods and services moving into the UK.

It also doesn't help that there is Ireland and Northern Ireland. There is a whole lot of bitter history between the Irish and the English. Northern Ireland is part of the UK, Ireland isn't but it is part of EU. There isn't much divide on both Irish sides and they wouldn't allow a situation whereby any deal reached by EU or Britain affects the relationship, ease of movement from Ireland to Northern Ireland.

There are also other consequences that affects individuals like new passport rules, health insurance etc

Thanks for your analysis, though my head dey do off and on, but sure i grabbed something from it.

But watching the uk parliamentarians, i think they're too deplomatic, sometimes they need someone like trump to lead them.
Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by Sterope(f): 1:44pm On Sep 06, 2019
undecided undecided undecided undecided

Boris Johnson is Trump

The UK parliament isn't like the US's. It is exactly why he is getting this treatment grin

Zane2point4:

Thanks for your analysis, though my head dey do off and on, but sure i grabbed something from it.

But watching the uk parliamentarians, i think they're too deplomatic, sometimes they need someone like trump to lead them.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cyril Rama Re-Elected As South African President, Win With Absolute Majority / Putin: Russia's Neighbours Should Not Escalate Tensions / War Unnecessary, But We’re Ready To Defend Ourselves, Niger Junta Tells ECOWAS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.