Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,772 members, 7,827,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) (20720 Views)

UK PM: Boris Johnson Withdraws From Race As Rishi Sunak Tipped To Succeed Truss / UK PM: Boris Johnson Expected To Make Shocking Return / #Partygate: UK PM, Boris Johnson narrowly Survives Confidence Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by Tats(m): 2:02pm On Sep 06, 2019
AreaFada2:

Surprisingly British media consider him as highly charismatic. grin cheesy

The guy deserves every trouble he gets as prime minister. He brazenly undermined former PM Theresa May at every turn. He amassed too many political foes even within own party in the process.

Too many want to see him suffer a taste of his own medicine. And deservedly so.

While Trump has extensive executive powers from the electorate directly , in the UK by convention, he has to carefully exercise those powers as he directly derives his executive powers from being an MP leading the party with the most MPs in Parliament.

In theory any MP can become the Prime Ministers if fellow MP support him or her.

Theresa May did not keep to her words that no deal was better than a bad deal and also to get us out. He may have undermined her as she was not doing what she was supposed to be doing. I prefer Boris any day as he understands the everyday problems of a society and what infrastructure a country needs to progress.

We voted to leave and he is carrying that mandate. They have to respect the vote and honour it. People who voted to remain are undermining that vote and are doing all sorts to paint leaving as bad and to cancel the vote, thereby making the country look bad in the eyes of the world. No one dictates to Nigeria what they do and the United Kingdom shouldn't be dictated to. A General election would be the way forward.
Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by AreaFada2: 3:48pm On Sep 06, 2019
Tats:

Theresa May did not keep to her words that no deal was better than a bad deal and also to get us out. He may have undermined her as she was not doing what she was supposed to be doing. I prefer Boris any day as he understands the everyday problems of a society and what infrastructure a country needs to progress.

We voted to leave and he is carrying that mandate. They have to respect the vote and honour it. People who voted to remain are undermining that vote and are doing all sorts to paint leaving as bad and to cancel the vote, thereby making the country look bad in the eyes of the world. No one dictates to Nigeria what they do and the United Kingdom shouldn't be dictated to. A General election would be the way forward.
Have you forgotten that Boris, Dr Liam Fox and other Leave campaigners promised during referendum campaign that Brexit deal would be the easiest deal in history? As it turned out it was a lie. They never for once mentioned openly that Britain might leave without a deal. Had they done that the narrow win would have been impossible.

In Theresa May's Opinion it was a good deal. So she has not failed in that.
In Europe UK has a seat and veto at the table, how is UK dictated to when other 27 countries follow the same rule.
From your talk I doubt you have ever lived on the continent. If you have you will be stunned how very myopic and isolationist UK Conservative view of Europe is. I have seen it from both sides. The party is now an England National Party remote controlled by Farage, who by the way is of French refugee (Huguenot) origin.

The Europeans are actually sick and tired of Brexit and Macron cannot wait to see the back of UK. Angela Merkel already said 4 years ago that if UK decides to leave, Europe has to regrettably but simply allow them to go. The UK journalist present was amazed how unconcerned about it she was. That was long before the referendum.

You may want to remember that Charles de Gaulle vowed that UK will never join EEC as long as he was alive. And he refused UK request to join many times.

His reasons he gave are exactly what we are seeing NOW. Including UK slowing down European integration, UK preferring to tag along USA, Commonwealth, etc. UK knew fully well the direction Europe planned before joining. Gaulle made it clear and he saw the future.

Remember too that it was Ted Heath, the single and gay Conservative PM who took UK into EEC.

I for one want UK to leave soonest. So that we can all have our peace.
Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by Sterope(f): 6:33pm On Sep 06, 2019
How can you be too diplomatic about your future?

What is it about Trump that makes him a leader? A man that keeps BS himself and his lane supporters? Do you hear yourself?
Zane2point4:

Thanks for your analysis, though my head dey do off and on, but sure i grabbed something from it.

But watching the uk parliamentarians, i think they're too deplomatic, sometimes they need someone like trump to lead them.
Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by toprealman: 3:06am On Sep 07, 2019
AreaFada2:

Have you forgotten that Boris, Dr Liam Fox and other Leave campaigners promised during referendum campaign that Brexit deal would be the easiest deal in history? As it turned out it was a lie. They never for once mentioned openly that Britain might leave without a deal. Had they done that the narrow win would have been impossible.

In Europe UK has a seat and veto at the table, how is UK dictated to when other 27 countries follow the same rule.
From your talk I doubt you have ever lived on the continent. If you have you will be stunned how very myopic and isolationist UK Conservative view of Europe is. I have seen it from both sides. The party is now an England National Party remote controlled by Farage, who by the way is of French refugee (Huguenot) origin.

The Europeans are actually sick and tired of Brexit and Macron cannot wait to see the back of UK. Angela Merkel already said 4 years ago that if UK decides to leave, Europe has to regrettably but simply allow them to go. The UK journalist present was amazed how unconcerned about it she was. That was long before the referendum.

You may want to remember that Charles de Gaulle vowed that UK will never join EEC as long as he was alive. And he refused UK request to join many times.

His reasons he gave are exactly what we are seeing NOW. Including UK slowing down European integration, UK preferring to tag along USA, Commonwealth, etc. UK knew fully well the direction Europe planned before joining. Gaulle made it clear and he saw the future.

Remember too that it was Ted Heath, the single and gay Conservative PM who took UK into EEC.

You seem to be well grounded in UK politics
Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by garetz: 6:29am On Sep 07, 2019
Better he resigns than be in opposition to his brother
Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by Basic123: 7:04am On Sep 07, 2019
Flyingngel:
There are so many things black politicians shld learn from the whites.
One of them is self assessment.

we should also learn that politics could be family affairs everywhere in the world and stop criticizing Tinubu and his wife, just like the two bothers above,Bush and Clinton family in USA etc

Also spending long years in parliament in not only African,so EKWEREMADUs and David marks even remi Tinubu did no wrong!
Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by introvertme: 7:55am On Sep 07, 2019
LORDKing001:
What's brexit? Please someone should explain to me in layman

British exit from the EU. Th u.k no longer wants to be part of the European Union.
Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by LORDKing001: 12:49pm On Sep 07, 2019
introvertme:

British exit from the EU. Th u.k no longer wants to be part of the European Union.

Thank you.
Re: BREAKING: British PM, Boris Johnson’s Brother Resigns (pixs) by Tats(m): 5:20pm On Sep 10, 2019
AreaFada2:

It is clear that we cannot be on the same page on this topic just like the country is polarised.
The sooner we leave, the better. There is no point trying to convince you that I live on the continent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cyril Rama Re-Elected As South African President, Win With Absolute Majority / War Unnecessary, But We’re Ready To Defend Ourselves, Niger Junta Tells ECOWAS / Magnitude 5.6 Earthquake Hits West Java Province, Indonesia. 56 Dead, 700 Injure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.