Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

I’m Not Bothered By Clark’s Insults’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Not Bothered By Clark’s Insults’ (548 Views)

Fani-kayode To Tinubu:I’m Not Funsho Williams, I Cannot Be Killed Like A Chicken / Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is / Let The Truth Be Told Before It Is Too Late - EK Clark's Letter To Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I’m Not Bothered By Clark’s Insults’ by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 27, 2010
‘I’m not bothered by Clark’s insults’
Font size: Sanni Ologun 27/10/2010 00:18:00
Adamu Ciroma

Former Finance Minister and Co-convener, Northern Political Leaders’ Forum (NPLF), Mallam Adamu Ciroma yesterday said he would not react to the open letter to him by the leader of the Southsouth Elders and Leaders’ Forum, Chief Edwin Clark.

Ciroma, who described Clark as an elder statesman, said: “I cannot insult him.”

Despite much prodding, Ciroma declined comments on the letter.

He said he was not bothered because it was normal in politics for people to be insulted.

Ciroma said: “Let me tell you, in politics insults don’t mean anything. If you are in politics, small people will insult you, big people will insult you. It is normal and it doesn’t bother me.”

On reports that ex-military President Ibrahim Babangida may have been jettisoned by the consensus committee because he has no “democratic credentials”, Ciroma said this was not true.

He said: “It is not true. We have not yet started examining the aspirants. We are merely going round to consult opinion leaders in the North on the exercise which is before us. We don’t want we - a few people – to take decision on behalf of the North without consulting. We have been going round and we have not finished this going round. Anyone talking about who is dropped…that does not arise. We have not started.”

He reacted to the alleged comments credited to Jigawa State Governor Sule Lamido that those clamouring for a President from the Northern next year are wasting their time.

On Clark’s claims that he is a “political light weight” and that his agitation was selfish, he said: “But that is his (Clark) assessment of me. I cannot quarrel with his assessment of me. When he says somebody has not won an election he may be referring to more than myself.”
Re: I’m Not Bothered By Clark’s Insults’ by Tugbaski: 7:15pm On Oct 27, 2010
This Ciroma guy needs to shot the Bleep up mehn, mofo retard oshi

(1) (Reply)

2011: North’s Consensus Candidate Likely On Friday / I'm Not Desperate To Be President, Say Jonathan / Does Gej Really Care Or Just After Getting Re-elected?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.