Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,271 members, 7,954,062 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:43 AM

South-East Governors Won’t Apologise To IPOB – Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-East Governors Won’t Apologise To IPOB – Umahi (10954 Views)

Wage: Governors Won’t Pay Above ₦‎70,000 - NGF / APC Convention: Why Governors Won’t Determine Who Becomes National Chairman / Anti-Open Grazing: Akeredolu Says Southern Governors Won’t Reply Miyetti Allah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

South-East Governors Won’t Apologise To IPOB – Umahi by RockHard: 4:59pm On Sep 05, 2019
*Says IPOB has no power to issue travel ban

Augustine Ehikioya, Abuja by Augustine Ehikioya, Abuja

September 5, 2019

Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi on Thursday said the South-East governors have no apology to tender to the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).

In a recent open letter to the governors, IPOB had made some demands including an open apology.

But briefing State House correspondents after meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari, Umahi said “We have no apology to tender.”

The governor also noted that the South-East governors did not proscribe IPOB because it didn’t have the power to do so.

He also said IPOB lacked the power to issue travel ban to the South East governors.

Details shortly…

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-south-east-govs-wont-apologize-to-ipob-umahi/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East Governors Won’t Apologise To IPOB – Umahi by DrNueLpureHoney: 4:59pm On Sep 05, 2019
Wahala dey oo

Governor Umahi should lower his volume to avoid had I known sad

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Governors Won’t Apologise To IPOB – Umahi by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 05, 2019
Umahi is fully insulting everybody because of his 2023 ambition.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East Governors Won’t Apologise To IPOB – Umahi by omenka(m): 5:15pm On Sep 05, 2019
Umahis business remains his business.

Sorry to digress.

Watching the Brexit debates and heard one of the MPs say " UK has no written constitution".

Couldn't believe my ears. I mean, how does a country or a nation function so well without a written constitution? sad

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-East Governors Won’t Apologise To IPOB – Umahi by Sunofgod(m): 5:20pm On Sep 05, 2019
Travel na

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Governors Won’t Apologise To IPOB – Umahi by helinues: 5:22pm On Sep 05, 2019
cool
Re: South-East Governors Won’t Apologise To IPOB – Umahi by yudee233: 5:31pm On Sep 05, 2019
[At least he has traveled to Abuja quote author=Sunofgod post=81951892]Travel na[/quote]
Re: South-East Governors Won’t Apologise To IPOB – Umahi by Switruth: 5:37pm On Sep 05, 2019
IPOB is faceless. If you travel before you know them don gather for your hotel dey make noise while NK go dey somewhere dey tell them to tear your cloth. U for just keep quiet.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South-East Governors Won’t Apologise To IPOB – Umahi by SLAP44: 5:50pm On Sep 05, 2019
This man wan buy market

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-East Governors Won’t Apologise To IPOB – Umahi by GavelSlam: 6:00pm On Sep 05, 2019
omenka:

Sorry to digress.

Watching the Brexit debates and heard one of the MPs say " UK has no written constitution".

Couldn't believe my ears. I mean, how does a country or a nation function so well without a written constitution? sad

Oneness of purpose.

When the purpose is to achieve an egalitarian society, promoting the rights of each individual with a great abhorrence for crime, you can reach for the stars.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East Governors Won’t Apologise To IPOB – Umahi by goodnessme1(f): 6:28pm On Sep 05, 2019
This one is food for yoruba muslims.
All they care about is ipob and biafra.
their bother sowore will be regreting coming from a tribe like yoruba.

As for Umahi.
Landlord travel and see.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-East Governors Won’t Apologise To IPOB – Umahi by BUSINESSARENAA(m): 6:30pm On Sep 05, 2019
Umahi, this is a reckless statement, IPOB knows you did not proscribe them, but are holding you accountable for not doing enough to stop it.

Umahi remember you can't be a governor for more than four years to come, I suggest you be careful with your choice of words.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-East Governors Won’t Apologise To IPOB – Umahi by Kamanuozuzu: 6:33pm On Sep 05, 2019
The governor also noted that the South-East governors did not proscribe IPOB because it didn’t have the power to do so.

You did not proscribe IPOB? Then, what's this? �

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-East Governors Won’t Apologise To IPOB – Umahi by AtikuMeansJobs: 6:36pm On Sep 05, 2019
Nigerians don't love themselves, they are just crying fowl play to south Africans, don't get me wrong i dont support xenorrubbish!!! but let's be honest with our buttocks, do we Nigerians love ourselves

if Nigeria is good, flowing with milk and honey what will our brothers and sisters be doing in south Africa in the first place

I think that the worm that is eating the vegetable is beside it and not from far away, rather than fight and blacklist south Africa, I think we should look inwards

a word is enough for the wise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-East Governors Won’t Apologise To IPOB – Umahi by NNEWIsuper: 6:38pm On Sep 05, 2019
before nko...SE govs don't owe the ragtag IPOB any apology..they should collect it from their parents

2 Likes

Re: South-East Governors Won’t Apologise To IPOB – Umahi by Bigval5: 6:41pm On Sep 05, 2019
Umahi

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East Governors Won’t Apologise To IPOB – Umahi by abdulazeez1002(m): 6:43pm On Sep 05, 2019
Apologize to terrorist grin
Re: South-East Governors Won’t Apologise To IPOB – Umahi by zeromeridian: 6:43pm On Sep 05, 2019
Just dare IPOB and travel and stop the noise

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Governors Won’t Apologise To IPOB – Umahi by Risingblue008(m): 6:43pm On Sep 05, 2019
Did í complain?
Re: South-East Governors Won’t Apologise To IPOB – Umahi by Truthbites: 6:44pm On Sep 05, 2019
What do I say now undecided? Ok, they should apologise.
Re: South-East Governors Won’t Apologise To IPOB – Umahi by Angelfrost(m): 6:47pm On Sep 05, 2019
MelesZenawi:
Umahi is fully insulting everybody because of his 2023 ambition.

How exactly sir?... Does IPob have the authority to issue travel bans?... Did the governors proscribe the group?... What exactly should the governors be apologizing to the group for?...

If Umahi has a "2023 ambition", shouldn't that be his right and prerogative as stipulated in the constitution of the country where he governs?... I completely fail to understand your grouse with the hardworking man, other than his personal refusal to join a confused bandwagon of hate-mongers.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Governors Won’t Apologise To IPOB – Umahi by Dpharisee: 6:47pm On Sep 05, 2019
Yoloba Muslims favourite topic on Nairaland is IPOB grin grin

6 Likes

Re: South-East Governors Won’t Apologise To IPOB – Umahi by Starhearts: 6:48pm On Sep 05, 2019
Someone is having SEX right now
Despite all problems we are facing in this country.
They are even adding styles.
Some pple re heartless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-East Governors Won’t Apologise To IPOB – Umahi by Officialgarri: 6:49pm On Sep 05, 2019
Governor Engr. Dave Umahi (Ebonyi State)

1.Those people in IPOB are jobless people who have no properties to lose

2. Even Ojukwu that fought the civil war, was he not disappointed by his people when he wanted to be senator?

3. At the end Ojukwu said there was no reason for the war.

4. We staged coup against ourselves in 1966, and what we are doing now is staging a coup against ourselves again.

5. I see people insulting the President. When Igbos occupied prominent positions in government, tell me, what did we do?

6. There's no doubt that Igbos are marginalized, but what have we done for ourselves. Is this how to go about it? We have 60% of properties in Abuja, Lagos.

7. Social media has caused more harm than good.
I watched video of a man who said I was building a tunnel from Ebonyi to Benue and that he has proofs

8. I see people insulting the President. Do you think that's our problems?

9. there's a proposal underway to build a large scale farm which include a cattle ranch

For anyone who doubts me. I have an audio record of this speech and I still have the money he gave to everyone of us as a gift

He as well compared IPOB to a group of Cultists. Well, Umahi has been openly against cultism

4 Likes

Re: South-East Governors Won’t Apologise To IPOB – Umahi by McTobe(m): 6:49pm On Sep 05, 2019
It does not mean that they don’t have a written constitution what it means is that their laws are documented in different volumes or documents but that you cannot find one document called the constitution of Britain or United Kingdom e.g You will see the Magna Carter as a body of their law, you will still find other documents like the common law of England but no where will you find all in One volume as you can find The Constitution of Federal Republic of Nigeria �� in one Book form. Their type of constitution is called Unwritten Constitution and it is more flexible to make amendments to it than it is with written constitutions which is more rigid to amend.
omenka:

Sorry to digress.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Governors Won’t Apologise To IPOB – Umahi by Denikayan: 6:51pm On Sep 05, 2019
Great

Nnamadi Kalu will get to prison!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking- Former Gov TA Orji Arrested With Son / FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July / Fbi's Most Wanted Nigerian Criminals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.