Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,263 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Tiwa Savage Reveals The Meaning Of 49-99 Song Title: 'Suffering And Smiling' - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tiwa Savage Reveals The Meaning Of 49-99 Song Title: 'Suffering And Smiling' (18154 Views)

Tiwa Savage Reveals The Mystery Man She Is In Love With And Why They Can’t Date / Tiwa Savage In A BRT Bus For Her 49-99 Concert In Obalende Lagos (Photos) / Mother's Day: Tiwa Savage Reveals What She Went Through When She Was Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tiwa Savage Reveals The Meaning Of 49-99 Song Title: 'Suffering And Smiling' by Angelfrost(m): 11:34am On Sep 06, 2019
etrange:

I laugh when ya'll troll younger people knowing fully well that you're the ones running out of time. grin grin grin

Calm down... It's not trolling, rather a wake up call. I'm also a 21st century individual, but quite versed in the history of my nation and race... You shouldn't pride yourself in ignorance.

Regarding running out of time... Every one is running out of time. Today's present was yesterday's future, and will most certainly become tomorrow's past.
Re: Tiwa Savage Reveals The Meaning Of 49-99 Song Title: 'Suffering And Smiling' by Lamanii22(f): 11:44am On Sep 06, 2019
praizblog:
According to the popular star who just released a music track titled 49-99 reveals the meaning of the title. In an interview with the beat1, she reveals its from Fela the great musician where nigerians suffers and smile. She said all what the song is about is that nigerians are sufferring silently and at the same time smiling.

See more and Watch the video after the cut

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2Cnr-rBA0z/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Gist From Praizenews ; http://www.praizenews.com/we-are-sufferring-and-smiling-tiwa-savage-reveals-the-meaning-of-his-new-song-49-99/

Even at that, nothing would be done...
Re: Tiwa Savage Reveals The Meaning Of 49-99 Song Title: 'Suffering And Smiling' by festacman(m): 11:45am On Sep 06, 2019
OladimejiRufai:

Kindly explain sir!

Abeg oo, I'm sorry and was just joking oo. I've erased it self.

no vex abeg. But what do u mean?
I am suspecting you now. You don't sound anything Indomie. You sound more of cabin biscuit and tree top. Lmao!
Re: Tiwa Savage Reveals The Meaning Of 49-99 Song Title: 'Suffering And Smiling' by Powerbankseller(m): 11:46am On Sep 06, 2019
Smiling is better than committing suicide
Re: Tiwa Savage Reveals The Meaning Of 49-99 Song Title: 'Suffering And Smiling' by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 06, 2019
festacman:

I am suspecting you now. You don't sound anything Indomie. You sound more of cabin biscuit and tree top. Lmao!

Sir, you are abusing me now oo cheesy
Re: Tiwa Savage Reveals The Meaning Of 49-99 Song Title: 'Suffering And Smiling' by festacman(m): 11:55am On Sep 06, 2019
OladimejiRufai:

Sir, you are abusing me now oo cheesy
Ok, I understand. I remove Tree top and leave cabin biscuits. At least that's not so bad. Accept this in good faith.
Re: Tiwa Savage Reveals The Meaning Of 49-99 Song Title: 'Suffering And Smiling' by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 06, 2019
festacman:

Ok, I understand. I remove Tree top and leave cabin biscuits. At least that's not so bad. Accept this in good faith.

I'm in my twenties. are you satisfied now?

Now tell me what that statement means
Re: Tiwa Savage Reveals The Meaning Of 49-99 Song Title: 'Suffering And Smiling' by festacman(m): 12:02pm On Sep 06, 2019
OladimejiRufai:

I'm in my twenties. are you satisfied now?
Now tell me what that statement means
Be patient. You will know when grow up.
Re: Tiwa Savage Reveals The Meaning Of 49-99 Song Title: 'Suffering And Smiling' by Afojoke110: 12:31pm On Sep 06, 2019
God will save Nigeria and Nigerian from suffering
Re: Tiwa Savage Reveals The Meaning Of 49-99 Song Title: 'Suffering And Smiling' by yinkus6750(m): 12:39pm On Sep 06, 2019
Why do people lack manners and have to be slightly rude before making a point?
If you remove the first four words from your response, won't tour explanation still be clear?

Kenneth10110:

Go and sit down a lot of musicians even foreign copy verses from old songs. Simi, Wizkid, Patoranking etc
Re: Tiwa Savage Reveals The Meaning Of 49-99 Song Title: 'Suffering And Smiling' by etrange: 12:41pm On Sep 06, 2019
Angelfrost:

Calm down... It's not trolling, rather a wake up call. I'm also a 21st century individual, but quite versed in the history of my nation and race... You shouldn't pride yourself in ignorance.

Regarding running out of time... Every one is running out of time. Today's present was yesterday's future, and will most certainly become tomorrow's past.

Oga, rest. Stop calling people indomie generation. It's condescending, no justification. They're better ways to beseech people to know their history asides calling them that. Like you said, knowing one's history isn't all about age/generation so why not preach history knowledge and desist from this attitude of calling out younger people as if it's wrong to be young? It's almost as if older ones have insecurity. Just saying.
Re: Tiwa Savage Reveals The Meaning Of 49-99 Song Title: 'Suffering And Smiling' by etrange: 12:45pm On Sep 06, 2019
olayinkajnr:

Everyone is running out of time. Me, you and even new born.

The mentality that old people die quicker should stop.

Lol... you're extreme bro. Who mentioned death?

I only meant in endeavours like employment, immigration, etc. But yes, you're right. Everyone is moving in that same direction. I'm not an ageist, I was only calling out that guy for trying to ridicule the younger generation.
Re: Tiwa Savage Reveals The Meaning Of 49-99 Song Title: 'Suffering And Smiling' by Kenneth10110(m): 12:52pm On Sep 06, 2019
yinkus6750:
Why do people lack manners and have to be slightly rude before making a point?
If you remove the first four words from your response, won't tour explanation still be clear?

okay no vex
Re: Tiwa Savage Reveals The Meaning Of 49-99 Song Title: 'Suffering And Smiling' by Angelfrost(m): 12:59pm On Sep 06, 2019
etrange:

Oga, rest. Stop calling people indomie generation. It's condescending, no justification. They're better ways to beseech people to know their history asides calling them that. Like you said, knowing one's history isn't all about age/generation so why not preach history knowledge and desist from this attitude of calling out younger people as if it's wrong to be young? It's almost as if older ones have insecurity. Just saying.

Lol... Indomie generation is more of humor than condescension or insult. You are the one that takes this life too serious... I also belong to the said "indomie" generation. I never take it personal... Same way my parents don't take it personal when you call them dinosaurs or old school.

Our parents didn't discard history like a bad habit, they learnt the best of it and added it to their present... That's why life is a continuum. It's all about improving on the good of yesterday, rather than fumbling about in a confused today.
Re: Tiwa Savage Reveals The Meaning Of 49-99 Song Title: 'Suffering And Smiling' by etrange: 2:08pm On Sep 06, 2019
Angelfrost:

Lol... Indomie generation is more of humor than condescension or insult. You are the one that takes this life too serious... I also belong to the said "indomie" generation. I never take it personal... Same way my parents don't take it personal when you call them dinosaurs or old school.

Our parents didn't discard history like a bad habit, they learnt the best of it and added it to their present... That's why life is a continuum. It's all about improving on the good of yesterday, rather than fumbling about in a confused today.

Don't make this about history. I never argued the importance of history. Everyone knows the knowledge of history is cardinal to our existence. You left the topic to call out "indomie generation" who grew up in certain cities and I responded in kind. If your comment was humorous enough, what makes mine any less of a humour?

Despite all the "lol" and the laughing emojis I used in my comment, I'm the one being called too serious.
Re: Tiwa Savage Reveals The Meaning Of 49-99 Song Title: 'Suffering And Smiling' by Naija247blog: 2:35pm On Sep 06, 2019
That's pretty good info in the song
Re: Tiwa Savage Reveals The Meaning Of 49-99 Song Title: 'Suffering And Smiling' by olayinkajnr(m): 3:06pm On Sep 06, 2019
etrange:

Lol... you're extreme bro. Who mentioned death?

I only meant in endeavours like employment, immigration, etc. But yes, you're right. Everyone is moving in that same direction. I'm not an ageist, I was only calling out that guy for trying to ridicule the younger generation.

Lol. No mind me. Las las, na that one sure pass.
Re: Tiwa Savage Reveals The Meaning Of 49-99 Song Title: 'Suffering And Smiling' by opebiboy: 5:48pm On Sep 06, 2019
Wack song
Re: Tiwa Savage Reveals The Meaning Of 49-99 Song Title: 'Suffering And Smiling' by Chachalogo(m): 6:21pm On Sep 06, 2019
ChristyB:
Tiwa is now a HE? What do we call Bobrisky?
. We shall call him SHE-HE

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Davido's Second Child Is Almost Out, Seeks Prayers From His Fans / Respite As Ailing Veteran Victor Olaotan To Be Flown Abroad For Treatment / Angela Okorie: Father’s Day Should Not Be Ex Husband Bashing Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.