Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,240 members, 7,815,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Is This The New Form Of Jumia NG Scam? Delivering wrong Items? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is This The New Form Of Jumia NG Scam? Delivering wrong Items? (1048 Views)

Is Instantgold Ng Scam Or Real / Signature Collection For Petition Submisson For Project24.com.ng Scam / Share Your Worst Experience With Jumia Ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This The New Form Of Jumia NG Scam? Delivering wrong Items? by realpoacher(m): 8:37am On Sep 06, 2019
CC FOD, dominique, puskin, najiacutee

Is This The New Form of Jumia NG Scam? Item ordered different from Item delivered?

My wife paid for two different wigs on the 12th of August 2019 but since it was the same day and time, it was given the same order number 398152448. The first one arrived here in Lokoja, Kogi State on the 21st of August as a Weavon(not a wig) while the second one arrived last night 5th of September as a single bunch of a weavon too.

Now it is pertinent to note that Jumia of all people should know the difference between a Wig and A weavon. A simple search of the word wig will show you that it is a cap made from bunch/strands of hair or made from weavons itself while a search of weavon will show you that it is a bunch/strands of hair attach to the head or used to make a wig.

If my wife wanted a weavon, she could have simply searched for it on their store or go buy it from within town here and then take it to her hairdresser to convert it to wig for her. Attached below are all the screenshots and pictures of her order and transactions. Even her recorded calls to Jumia NG customer care service.

For order one - 22" Long Deep Wave Curls Hair ( 6 bundles for Full hair)

From day one when she placed the orders, she called Jumia NG to confirm if was Wig she was expecting and the answer was in the affirmative. If Jumia knew she was going to get a weavon, they should have said so and she would have canceled the order right away.

For order two - Big wavy long curly wigs 16-24inch Human hair Remy bodywave

Actually I won't be here complaining if it was just a weavon issue. Rather she was given just a single bunch of weavon out of a possible 3/4 bunches that she could have taken to the hairdresser to covert into a wig for her. In fact I can bet that the bunch sent to us is not even up a full bundle because it was held together at the top with a Rubber band. Who does that? And it was claimed to be shipped from overseas. I mean how do they send an incomplete package from abroad tied with a rubber ring? It doesn't make any sense.

When the first order arrived as at 21st of August as a weavon, she call customer care that she want it returned as this wasn't what she ordered for, they promised to come pick it up and refund her but till date they have not come to pick it up. She has been calling and calling, it is one story or the other. She has wasted thousands of recharge card calling Jumia NG for refund or to bring the wig she ordered for.

This arrival last night is the last straw for her, she has broken down completely crying since last night saying she has been cheated terribly by Jumia. I have pacified her to let it slide but her continuous sobs all through the night is tiring. This is a woman that is still in her first trimester of pregnancy. I don't want to think of it but if she loses my child on account of this trauma, Jumia will hear from me.

I really do hope that the Nigerian Consumer Protection Council and the Public Complaints Commission handles issues like this because we can't be complaining about Xenophobic attack on Nigerians in South Africa while Companies within us treat us unfairly after paying for goods. Or what name do we call this one now?

If you know it's weavon you have, why can't you delete the word wig from the item pictures on your website or app and replace it with weavon? How hard can that be?

Attached Pictures

1. Order screenshot of the two items from Jumia app.
Total amount paid: N9, 780

2. Picture of first item received

3. Second item claimed to be shipped from overseas

4. Picture of second item that was actually received

Re: Is This The New Form Of Jumia NG Scam? Delivering wrong Items? by frbona: 9:01am On Sep 06, 2019
This post just made me call their customer care now to ensure that what I ordered and paid for yesterday is what I am receiving. Konga played me the same trick last week, I ordered for a Rubik's Cube for my nephew and got a 3D magik cube. Attached below are photos. I've called to return but they where speaking grammar and gibberish to me. Asking me to go to their office with the item and the invoice which the delivery guy never dropped with me.
I decided to try jumia for the first time.
If they mess up, then I've had enough with these thieving online shopping malls!

Re: Is This The New Form Of Jumia NG Scam? Delivering wrong Items? by Aminat10: 9:06am On Sep 06, 2019
It's not only customers that are being scammed by Jumia, they scam sellers more, they don't take any chances, any opportunity, they strike, and I think some of Jumia staff that are selling on the platform are the major issue
Re: Is This The New Form Of Jumia NG Scam? Delivering wrong Items? by Aminat10: 9:22am On Sep 06, 2019
You can return the item within 7 days and you will get full refund
Re: Is This The New Form Of Jumia NG Scam? Delivering wrong Items? by dvdami(m): 9:37am On Sep 06, 2019
Jumia is terrible.

I wish it was possible all Nigerians to boycott that company.

1 Like

Re: Is This The New Form Of Jumia NG Scam? Delivering wrong Items? by realpoacher(m): 10:19am On Sep 06, 2019
Aminat10:

Re: Is This The New Form Of Jumia NG Scam? Delivering wrong Items? by realpoacher(m): 4:06pm On Sep 06, 2019
Aminat10:

Yes,... That is what their refund policy says but its been more than 7 days now and they are yet to come take back the product even after rejecting it
Re: Is This The New Form Of Jumia NG Scam? Delivering wrong Items? by realpoacher(m): 11:55am On Sep 07, 2019
I will appreciate if the mods can take this to front-page so that we can get a resolution.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

" Be Part Of Floright Health Club Housing Revolution", / Aliexpress Ordering / What Business To Do In PH With N1m?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.