Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Advice for my primary school project (plan) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advice for my primary school project (plan) (512 Views)

I Learnt This Earlier Enough During My Primary School Days / Aliko Dangote And Schoolmates In Primary School In 1965 (Throwback Photo) / Mini Importation Business In 2018 – My Advice For Mini Importers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice for my primary school project (plan) by Olakunle007(m): 11:57am On Sep 06, 2019
Hello guys,
I just bought three plots of land; I plan to use it to a standard Nursery and primary school. I consulted an architect, and he requested for the facilities I want the school to have.

Here is my list :
Spacious and conducive classrooms

Mini library including DVD and Video players.

An ultra-modern Computer Room

A Music Room

Art Room and Electronic Smartboard for teaching aid.

A mini School Hall with a standard stage for various performances.

A playground for the nursery pupils

An equipped in-house clinic

According to the architect, a three plot of land would do - Three stories - Ground, first, and the second floor.

However, the aforementioned are things I'm looking forward to having in school. But I'm not sure if I am missing something out or getting something wrong because I don't know much about the primary school system.
Re: Advice for my primary school project (plan) by healthserve(m): 12:07pm On Sep 06, 2019
Computer lab.
Re: Advice for my primary school project (plan) by healthserve(m): 12:07pm On Sep 06, 2019
Canteen
Re: Advice for my primary school project (plan) by healthserve(m): 12:08pm On Sep 06, 2019
Bookshop

Admin offices
Re: Advice for my primary school project (plan) by healthserve(m): 12:09pm On Sep 06, 2019
Two rooms for rest. I.e students may have emergency need to rest after clinical treatment.

1 Like

Re: Advice for my primary school project (plan) by Olakunle007(m): 12:27pm On Sep 06, 2019
healthserve:
Bookshop

Admin offices

Wow! Thank you very much
Re: Advice for my primary school project (plan) by Olakunle007(m): 12:28pm On Sep 06, 2019
healthserve:
Two rooms for rest. I.e students may have emergency need to rest after clinical treatment.

I think that one should be within the clinic. I will tell the architect, though.

1 Like

Re: Advice for my primary school project (plan) by Olakunle007(m): 12:29pm On Sep 06, 2019
healthserve:
Computer lab.

I think computer is the the same with computer room. Isn't it?
Re: Advice for my primary school project (plan) by Olakunle007(m): 12:29pm On Sep 06, 2019
healthserve:
Canteen

Noted. Thank you.
Re: Advice for my primary school project (plan) by healthserve(m): 12:31pm On Sep 06, 2019
Olakunle007:

I think that one should be within the clinic. I will tell the architect, though.

I feel one should be outside the clinic. Which can serve as a waiting room for students whose parents pick then late. If the hall needs to he locked to protect exposure to equipment.
Re: Advice for my primary school project (plan) by Olakunle007(m): 12:34pm On Sep 06, 2019
healthserve:

I feel one should be outside the clinic. Which can serve as a waiting room for students whose parents pick then late. If the hall needs to he locked to protect exposure to equipment.

Hmm. I hope we have enough space for that. I will put it into consideration. Thank you.
Re: Advice for my primary school project (plan) by Flipfine: 5:28pm On Sep 06, 2019
Staff room, proprietor office, headmaster office...

You can call Lalasticlala and Seun to help pool this page to front page so that you can get more ideas from people.
Re: Advice for my primary school project (plan) by cooooooks(m): 11:38pm On Sep 06, 2019
I've run a school and I'm a school part-owner so here goes:
- Know the school fees of schools in your area and use this for budgeting.
- Ensure your salary estimates are realistic and give a 20% cushion.
- Science, Home Economics, Music & Art rooms are very important. Frankly, at this level, Science & Home Economics could use the same lab while Music & Art could use the same lab as well.
- Plan your play space. Have basketball, badminton, table tennis, etc. These sports do not use as much space as a standard football pitch. You could also have a semi-indoor swimming pool by it would take an imaginative architect to tie all these together in 3 plots.
- Admin offices should take virtually ZERO space.
- Sick bay, sleeping/resting room should take little space. Have an isolation room in the Sick bay too for kids with contagious diseases & infections.
- Don't waste space on parking provisions.
- Have a mini garden.

Cheers mate!
Re: Advice for my primary school project (plan) by power50: 11:59pm On Sep 06, 2019
Remember to list your school on Nigerian school directory, https://naijaschools.com.ng/
Re: Advice for my primary school project (plan) by Olakunle007(m): 9:03pm On Sep 07, 2019
cooooooks:
I've run a school and I'm a school part-owner so here goes:
- Know the school fees of schools in your area and use this for budgeting.
- Ensure your salary estimates are realistic and give a 20% cushion.
- Science, Home Economics, Music & Art rooms are very important. Frankly, at this level, Science & Home Economics could use the same lab while Music & Art could use the same lab as well.
- Plan your play space. Have basketball, badminton, table tennis, etc. These sports do not use as much space as a standard football pitch. You could also have a semi-indoor swimming pool by it would take an imaginative architect to tie all these together in 3 plots.
- Admin offices should take virtually ZERO space.
- Sick bay, sleeping/resting room should take little space. Have an isolation room in the Sick bay too for kids with contagious diseases & infections.
- Don't waste space on parking provisions.
- Have a mini garden.

Cheers mate!

Mate? You are my boss, man. Thank you very much for your erudite explanation. I will just copy this and send it to my architect. And for the school fee aspect, I would likely charge higher than the school around me. I believe I want to offer something better - thus the parents should pay higher... Of course something realistic and affordable.

1 Like

Re: Advice for my primary school project (plan) by cooooooks(m): 1:45pm On Sep 08, 2019
You're welcome man.

If the design is too challenging, I can link you with a top architect who is a fellow.

You're right about the fee stuff, let the parents and students acknowledge the increased quality.

Olakunle007:

Mate? You are my boss, man. Thank you very much for your erudite explanation. I will just copy this and send it to my architect. And for the school fee aspect, I would likely charge higher than the school around me. I believe I want to offer something better - thus the parents should pay higher... Of course something realistic and affordable.
Re: Advice for my primary school project (plan) by Olakunle007(m): 11:44pm On Sep 09, 2019
Thank you for the offer. I believe he will be able to handle it. He is very good too.. Thank you.

cooooooks:
You're welcome man.

If the design is too challenging, I can link you with a top architect who is a fellow.

You're right about the fee stuff, let the parents and students acknowledge the increased quality.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Global Transactions Get Easier With Firstbank’s Card Offerings / Home Electronic And Gadget For Sale! Affordable / Cost Of Haulage From Tin Can To Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.