Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

6 Key Components Of Your Car And How To Extend Their Lifespan - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 6 Key Components Of Your Car And How To Extend Their Lifespan (16715 Views)

10 Unique Ways To Extend Your Car's Lifespan / Cars Submerged By Flood In Calabar As Man Climbs On Top His Car And Relaxes / Sex In The Car And Its Consequences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Key Components Of Your Car And How To Extend Their Lifespan by femi4: 2:37pm On Sep 10, 2019
somez:
What of fuel pump.

This is how I maintain mine. When starting my car, I try not to turn my ignition switch quickly. It's best you turn it on, at this point you will hear a warm sound from the fuel pump. After that fell free kick start the engine. My fuel pump is going to 2 years.
See this one, the day it will fail you, it won't give you sign.
Re: 6 Key Components Of Your Car And How To Extend Their Lifespan by CHISPAREPARTS(m): 2:40pm On Sep 10, 2019
Get Toyota bosch brake pads and spark plugs from us. Check our signature.

Re: 6 Key Components Of Your Car And How To Extend Their Lifespan by Sharmeenator(m): 2:40pm On Sep 10, 2019
One of the ways to make your fuel pump last is to ensure you always have fuel in the tank. Recently, I decided to always make sure my fuel tank is half filled at least.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Key Components Of Your Car And How To Extend Their Lifespan by renewable1(m): 2:43pm On Sep 10, 2019
Ain't you tired of using generator? Are you not tired of causing noise pollution in your neighborhood? Are you not tired of spending too much fuel and generator maintenance?

We have a unique 1kva solar package for 140k that will power your basic entertainment gadgets.

CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW
Re: 6 Key Components Of Your Car And How To Extend Their Lifespan by ivoryhouse(m): 2:47pm On Sep 10, 2019
somez:
What of fuel pump.

This is how I maintain mine. When starting my car, I try not to turn my ignition switch quickly. It's best you turn it on, at this point you will hear a warm sound from the fuel pump. After that fell free kick start the engine. My fuel pump is going to 2 years.

Very funny�..why not push the car to start, who knows, you may prolong the fuel filter and pump and tank��� that way
Re: 6 Key Components Of Your Car And How To Extend Their Lifespan by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 10, 2019
Midastorch:
Hello AutoJosh... pls which would you advice between a Lexus ES350 2009/2010 Tokunbo and Toyota Camry 2013/14 Naija used......I know I can always rely on your answer... pls reply when u get this.. thanks brov..
Go for this sir.

CHEAP DEAL on a Lexus
https://www.nairaland.com/5402909/toks-2006-lexus-250-just
Re: 6 Key Components Of Your Car And How To Extend Their Lifespan by PAQ(m): 3:02pm On Sep 10, 2019
Midastorch:
Hello AutoJosh... pls which would you advice between a Lexus ES350 2009/2010 Tokunbo and Toyota Camry 2013/14 Naija used......I know I can always rely on your answer... pls reply when u get this.. thanks brov..

I am no autojosh, but u will neva go wrong choosing a Camry 14 over ES350 10! Even the looks of the Camry surpass the Lexus, especially Camry SE.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Key Components Of Your Car And How To Extend Their Lifespan by DukeNija(m): 3:07pm On Sep 10, 2019
somez:
What of fuel pump.

The best way to ensure your fuel pump lasts is to ensure your tank rarely goings into empty. Always ensure you have adequate fuel in your tank.
Re: 6 Key Components Of Your Car And How To Extend Their Lifespan by DukeNija(m): 3:09pm On Sep 10, 2019
CHISPAREPARTS:
Get Toyota bosch brake pads and spark plugs from us. Check our signature.

Do you have spark plugs for Nissan Altima 2009 2.5L. The original stuff not china nonsense. Thanks
Re: 6 Key Components Of Your Car And How To Extend Their Lifespan by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:19pm On Sep 10, 2019
For those using Gotv and Dstv check my last thread for promo
Re: 6 Key Components Of Your Car And How To Extend Their Lifespan by tlotlomath(m): 3:25pm On Sep 10, 2019
Re: 6 Key Components Of Your Car And How To Extend Their Lifespan by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 10, 2019
Thanks but over here in America insurance covers those damages lol
Re: 6 Key Components Of Your Car And How To Extend Their Lifespan by Eddee(m): 3:31pm On Sep 10, 2019
uboma:

Forget this talk. When your fuel pump will fail, you will be surprised.

Mine failed this afternoon with no prior warning signs.

Something wer my old boy bin dey carry extra, whenever we dey travel. As long as follow come fuel pump kpai, and you no replace with OEM. You gotta stay ready
Re: 6 Key Components Of Your Car And How To Extend Their Lifespan by CHISPAREPARTS(m): 3:32pm On Sep 10, 2019
DukeNija:

Do you have spark plugs for Nissan Altima 2009 2.5L. The original stuff not china nonsense. Thanks
Yeah we do. Sent you a PM
Re: 6 Key Components Of Your Car And How To Extend Their Lifespan by Legendguru: 3:41pm On Sep 10, 2019
No in Naija .car life long is by miracle
Re: 6 Key Components Of Your Car And How To Extend Their Lifespan by DukeNija(m): 4:05pm On Sep 10, 2019
CHISPAREPARTS:

Yeah we do. Sent you a PM

Can’t access the pm. Please what’s the price and type/make.
Only interested in Denso and NGK though.
Re: 6 Key Components Of Your Car And How To Extend Their Lifespan by CHISPAREPARTS(m): 4:08pm On Sep 10, 2019
DukeNija:

Can’t access the pm. Please what’s the price and type/make.
Only interested in Denso and NGK though.
Ours is Bosch. We give one year warranty on the plugs. The price depends on the type though. Double platinum, iridium or double iridium.
Re: 6 Key Components Of Your Car And How To Extend Their Lifespan by Midastorch(m): 4:13pm On Sep 10, 2019
PAQ:

I am no autojosh, but u will neva go wrong choosing a Camry 14 over ES350 10! Even the looks of the Camry surpass the Lexus, especially Camry SE.

Thanks brov... I appreciate..really I do..
Re: 6 Key Components Of Your Car And How To Extend Their Lifespan by sonnie10: 4:31pm On Sep 10, 2019
Debramaye:
Thanks but over here in America insurance covers those damages lol
What insurance do you use?
Re: 6 Key Components Of Your Car And How To Extend Their Lifespan by mekuxiani(m): 4:37pm On Sep 10, 2019
uboma:

Forget this talk. When your fuel pump will fail, you will be surprised.

Mine failed this afternoon with no prior warning signs.
it depends on diff factors sometimes our fuel is the problem
Re: 6 Key Components Of Your Car And How To Extend Their Lifespan by thebigkendo(m): 4:55pm On Sep 10, 2019
somez:
What of fuel pump.

grin grin grin grin
Please can you explain how this your procedure "maintains" your fuel pump??
Re: 6 Key Components Of Your Car And How To Extend Their Lifespan by dannybrasky(m): 5:13pm On Sep 10, 2019
This his procedure that was used back in the days to start my papa Volkswagen beetle with carburetor engine,and most of this old cars using carburetor. grin grin

thebigkendo:

grin grin grin grin
Please can you explain how this your procedure "maintains" your fuel pump??

Re: 6 Key Components Of Your Car And How To Extend Their Lifespan by uboma(m): 5:17pm On Sep 10, 2019
dicksonadams:

What is the Average budget for this for corolla 2004

I am not a car spare parts seller.

I am not a fan of Toyota cars either.
Re: 6 Key Components Of Your Car And How To Extend Their Lifespan by uboma(m): 5:19pm On Sep 10, 2019
Eddee:

Something wer my old boy bin dey carry extra, whenever we dey travel. As long as follow come fuel pump kpai, and you no replace with OEM. You gotta stay ready

You are on point.

Having an extra fuel pump handy is a good idea.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lamborghini Urus Facts: Top 10 Things You Need To Know / Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! / Over Speeding Is The Major Cause Of Accidents In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.