Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

10 Unique Ways To Extend Your Car's Lifespan - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Unique Ways To Extend Your Car's Lifespan (10530 Views)

10 Tips To Elongate The Lifespan Of Your Diesel Engine / 6 Key Components Of Your Car And How To Extend Their Lifespan / 6 Ways To Extend The Life Of Your Car Tyres (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Unique Ways To Extend Your Car's Lifespan by Godspower35(m): 2:36pm On Aug 28, 2019
Your car is one of your most worthy possessions. It's also something you are heavily dependent on. That's why it's more important than ever to properly service your car so it will last as long as possible with the fewest repairs.

Here are 10 relatively easy ways to extend the life of your vehicle:

Make minor repairs on time:

Regardless of whether you have noticed that your car is moving sideways or you hear a low hum when the air conditioning is turned on, these minor issues can become majorproblems if left unattended. Resolve these issues as soon as possible to avoid further and more costly damage to your car.

Keep up with the oil change:

Oil is essential for the proper operation of your engine. If the oil level is low or the oil is old and dirty, there is additional friction between the moving parts, which eventually causes wear to the engine. Have your oil changed periodically according to the schedule recommended in your owner's manual.

Also check the rest of your fluids regularly:

Oil is not the only liquid in your car that optimizes performance. Your vehicle also relies on transmission fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid, and properly mixed coolant. Sometimes these fluids have to be topped up, and a qualified mechanic can do it for you at home or in the office.

Change your air filter regularly:

Your air filter should be replaced periodically. Over time, dust accumulates on the filter and this can negatively impact your fuel economy and even engine performance.

Pump up your tyres properly.

It is important that you inflate your tyres to the correct PSI (pounds per square inch). Overfilled tyres can be damaged more easily if you drive over potholes or dirt. They are also not so good on the road, which can be dangerous in wet weather. On the other hand, underinflated tyres can significantly reduce tyre life and fuel consumption.

Keep your vehicle clean:

Not only is it unsightly that dust and dirt accumulate on and in your vehicle, but it can also lead to excessive wear of the vehicle surfaces. Wash and grow your car regularly to keep your paint flawless, and use cleaners designed for the car interior to keep the interior in perfect condition. This will prevent future problems such as broken leather or scratched lines.

Use shade and cover:

The sun is another often overlooked enemy on the surfaces of your car. Whenever possible, park in the shade or on covered parking spaces and in carports. This prevents problems such as discolouring your inner padding or damaging your exterior color.

Train Your Time Management:

Much of the damage to your mechanical components is caused by starting and applying the engine and associated components when cold. Therefore, try to do as many errands as possible on an ongoing basis to make sure everything is warm and properly lubricated.

Drive Responsibly:

Do not drive your car as if you were the next racing experience. Sudden stopping and starting, high speeds and sharp turns will not damage your vehicle and will overburden all parts of your car.

Use the instruction manual periodically:

The previous tips apply to virtually all vehicle makes and models, but your particular car has special requirements. Take the time to consult your user guide and follow the recommended maintenance plans or advice.
Source: http://www.eliancars.com/2019/08/10-unique-ways-to-extend-your-cars.html
[img]https://1.bp..com/-GGNVBb98aO0/XWZ_wUN5UDI/AAAAAAAACuU/PQ4_7lBEEeI_PcwAz_UwYrGfFcd5jh4zgCLcBGAs/s320/Man%2Bmaintaining.jpg[/img]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Unique Ways To Extend Your Car's Lifespan by raphroye: 4:58pm On Aug 28, 2019
Make I buy 6 plots of land for here.... Nice one op

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Unique Ways To Extend Your Car's Lifespan by Ajsimon(m): 4:59pm On Aug 28, 2019
I no plan use one model for a decade
No vex.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Unique Ways To Extend Your Car's Lifespan by omoalajah(m): 5:00pm On Aug 28, 2019
True.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Unique Ways To Extend Your Car's Lifespan by PureGoldh(m): 5:00pm On Aug 28, 2019
Nice write-up...if one can actually put all these stuffs into practice... The rate of accidents that do occur on the road will be reduced.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Unique Ways To Extend Your Car's Lifespan by Citytrend: 5:00pm On Aug 28, 2019
Valid points.
Plus stop waiting for your car to completely breakdown before given the proper attention

Anyway, i will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 1k. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up on WhatsApp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Unique Ways To Extend Your Car's Lifespan by SIRKAY98(m): 5:01pm On Aug 28, 2019
I drove my car in Lagos traffic for 4 years without a scratch from other road users, Damfo buses,Brt.Dangote Trucks,Okadas, do i deserve some accolades?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Unique Ways To Extend Your Car's Lifespan by Oleku1(m): 5:03pm On Aug 28, 2019
Educative thread. Thanks OP...

Meanwhile, For your documents, check my signature

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 10 Unique Ways To Extend Your Car's Lifespan by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 28, 2019
U copy copy u still put oyibo mechanic.

Lazy Nigerian youth.

That's why u guys fail to make it with blogging.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Unique Ways To Extend Your Car's Lifespan by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 28, 2019
A quick tip here, Op list na jonzing list.

1 - Change oil regular and use the right viscosity of engine oil which is always written on the cap of your engine cover.

2 - when you notice a difference in your car performance, Go have the car scanned and don't let these road side mechanic ruin your car by guessing the fault.

3- Never remove your Thermostat, Arrest and jail any mechanic who suggest that to you lol.

4- Always flush your radiator after every 20000 Miles.

5- use coolant (stupid me currently have water in my radiator lol) but coolant is best.

6- change your AC filter and air filter regularly like say every 10000 miles.

7 - Always wash and wax your car.

8- Always check all your fluids, break pads and service your calipers if it dries out.

9- Don't ignore funny noises.

10- This is the most important one but would be overlooked........Take your car for a long drive atleast twice a month, Freeway or high way drive helps the engine for proper oil circulation, That your short distance drive of home to work actually isn't healthy for the engine as sludge builds up real fast.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Unique Ways To Extend Your Car's Lifespan by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 28, 2019
Car threads on nairaland no dey full. Upon say na nearly all of them be millionaires.... Online millionaires. Make I shake this table small ....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Unique Ways To Extend Your Car's Lifespan by TortugaPrince: 5:43pm On Aug 28, 2019
Ajsimon:
I no plan use one model for a decade
No vex.
smiley smileyMaybe not, but have you thought about the resale value?
Re: 10 Unique Ways To Extend Your Car's Lifespan by Amuocha: 6:00pm On Aug 28, 2019
Vote out APC grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Unique Ways To Extend Your Car's Lifespan by Luizkid(m): 7:31pm On Aug 28, 2019
No be say we no like do these things o, but small pepper go leave ur wallet.
Re: 10 Unique Ways To Extend Your Car's Lifespan by God1st1: 8:40pm On Aug 28, 2019
Thanks for the information
Re: 10 Unique Ways To Extend Your Car's Lifespan by Ajibade123(m): 10:35pm On Aug 28, 2019
even with all these tips Nigeria road will still spoil the cars
see how you can apologize for a mistake in a professional manner https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-apologize-for-a-mistake-professionally/
Re: 10 Unique Ways To Extend Your Car's Lifespan by cooooooks(m): 7:52am On Aug 29, 2019
If you share your car with someone else, wife, fried, mom; make sure you triple check all fluids.

Get a scanner yourself or pay online for the good scanner apps.

(1) (Reply)

5 Safety Tips For Driving At Night / My Car Vibrates When Engine Is Idling / 2007 Honda Eod Vs. Toyota Camry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.