Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,262 members, 7,957,642 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:36 PM

Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo (38503 Views)

Jonathan, Wife, Others Forced Wike On Rivers - Clark / I Will Consult My Wife, Others If Tinubu Offers Me Appointment – Wike (Video) / Bola Tinubu Cut His 67th Birthday Cake With His Wife, Others - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by tolu24(m): 9:43pm On Sep 06, 2019
omokab:
there is nothing like good example here. Why can't he mention the name and the project site if what he's saying is true? Hwy can't he sue him to court or he's afraid of tomorrow? I doubt if this man will perform.He likes making headline like fayose. 100 days nothing to show but now saying he awarded a contract of 350m for purchasing of desk to Secretariat. He might not have problem with teachers but he may not perform in term of infrastructure.
Don't mind the praise singers jare , sincerely I what this man to surpass ajimobi performance but all this over hype go kill him last last , he should go and ask fayose and dino where social media praise led them to ,.. Yesterday the man was taking glory for the 6 model school built by ajimobi and whereas it is a federal government ubec assisted program and ajimobi payed the counterpart fund and commission 2 before leaving but after the other 4 were completed this month and said he is the one that complete it just to hype himself for 100 days.

10 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by Akanbeez: 9:46pm On Sep 06, 2019
U mm. Anyway a standard occasional Stage and Ring(boxing and wrestler) available for rented.,...........WhatsApp. +2349061173365 for enquiry
Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by fergie001: 9:47pm On Sep 06, 2019
F117nighthawk:

That's always the problem with u Nigerians, u must always support your own weather they are corrupt or not,why not Seyi make open and publish all the scam contracts and monies spent,let him put it out there if he his sure of his facts,he has the state judiciary under his control, let him charge ajumobi to court, stop giving excuses by blaming the system
Unfortunately, he is not my own...I will still blame the system.
It brought us to where we are.
Where is Fayose?
Did Ambode not publish?
All the people there published, what happened?

You and I know nothing will happen. This is because if there is a scapegoat, others will learn. I am a realist. How far Akpabio?
Should his Gov also publish?

Did the court not declare the immediate arrest of the fmr Gov of Abia State?
Where is he today?
He is the Chief Whip of the Senate.

Pronouncement is different from action.
Perhaps, you aren't getting my own position....

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by dharmeelawlarh(m): 9:48pm On Sep 06, 2019
How can 90% of contracts sum be for kickbacks and same contracts were delivered.

Smile...some will say be maybe the contract real price was high; no matter the cost of stealing you can't raise the contract more than 20%.

The Governor's statement is an unfortunate one.

8 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by Kay25(m): 9:48pm On Sep 06, 2019
[quote author=FarahAideed post=81984238]

No I am not , Ajimobis daughter was always taking all of her crew which included Chloe on all expense paid vacationswho is chloe?is she from beere or idi arere in ibadan?
Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by Akanbeez: 9:49pm On Sep 06, 2019
Two Ford Transit bus available for sale @fagbems, Isheri,,,,,,,,,,,,,WhatsApp on +2349061173365 for enquiry
Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by DevilhimseIf: 9:50pm On Sep 06, 2019
[s]
BlackCrainte:

Your foolishness knows no bound!
[/s]
shut up

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 06, 2019
F117nighthawk:
Useless people they will come complain and make noise, if u have all the facts and figures, why not go ahead and prosecute him,it's only in Nigeria a governor will loot and the incoming one will never have the guts to arrest and make him give account of contracts awarded and not done,What a useless country, the reason they don't hold there predecessor accountable is because they know they too will take their own share of the National cake before they leave

Well said!
Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by tolu24(m): 9:58pm On Sep 06, 2019
Houstency:

The truth is, APC Apologists and paid Social Media influencers are the ones trying to belittle the achievements this man has recorded in his first 100 days. If you followed Peter Obi during his tenure, he same as Makinde, they are tackling issues from the base, and one with such approach would definitely succeed. The man has opened himself up for scrutiny so he could be held accountable, and the APC online apologist and paid influencers would always do their work of downplaying the gains Makinde has recorded thus far. A simple question , who stand to gain more the electorates in Oyo or the Political class?
Still same Nigeria, were the president that has contested since the inception of the current democracy took more than 100days in his first tenure and 2months plus in the second tenure to nominate his ministers and it was convenient for them to defend their paymasters to the detriment of the masses, and here is a governor in his first tenure that has set the template how governance should be approached and the self-serving online branch of APC trying to discredit him. Kudos GSM
PDP influence pls tell us how a contractor will only use 10 percent to carry out projects, by that calculation that means mokola over head bridge cost only #200 million naira , seyi is trying ooo but help tell him to reduce his lies.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by fergie001: 9:59pm On Sep 06, 2019
tolu24:

Gsm is telling lie my brother, before the election he was shouting ajimobi is owing 48 months salary now he is there now he just pay only 3 months salary and he said oyo state government is not owing anybody salary , now it is clear to us that ajimobi did not owe anybody salary pple like seyi just blackmail him with time pple will know the kind of person the chinco gsm his.
He is simply playing politics like they all are.
All the same, if he publishes nothing will happen.

Hahaha.....you no like am at all....
All I hated from Ajimobi though, was his seeming arrogance, that's all.

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by kinibigdeal(m): 10:03pm On Sep 06, 2019
itsme01:
grin

I love how makinde is setting himself up and driving expectations high

If after a year or two and things aint moving forward , oga don buy market be that.

Kano and Oyo state are similar in terms of political temprament... if after few years you dont perform then better pack your load..

He better learn from Ajimobi (except arrogance and disrespect to Kings and rulers) rather than continious allegation and attacks... because ajimobi still holds visible records of highest numbers of projects started and completed like

Ajumose mass transit busses
Opreation Burst
cocoa mall
ringroad palms mall(biggest shoprite in west africa)
Techu university
road dualisation
mokola bridge
BCOSTV's remodelling
Metro CCTV
New and Old markets remodelling
Flood Management
And countless visible projects he left and Seyi has abandoned

Even Akala has many legacy projects all over town like lautech teaching hospitals
and alao akala way, same as Ladoja, Lam and Bola ige who were denied second term

IPOB have started hailing him, i really pray he delivers

You must be an APC member for talking ignorantly. Seyi just completed 100days and you concluded that he has abandoned previous administration project. Did you read the attached tweet at all or you are just paid to hail hypocrisy as usual?

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by PeacenLove2: 10:05pm On Sep 06, 2019
AKswift:
l have had an indirect transact with this man. I’m not claiming he is a saint, but differs significantly from an average Nigeria politician. Seyi hates mediocrity!

Oyo State is in a right hand for the next 3yrs +!

I hope so. Frankly, I can't wait to see what this guy would do to my beloved state. Something about him that makes him stand out from the typical Nigerian politician. I do not like PDP but this guy is giving the APC chaps a run for their money.

Makinde, iwo se bi omo oko! grin

3 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by F117nighthawk: 10:05pm On Sep 06, 2019
MaNyEsq:

Well said!
Thanks
Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by HBB1(m): 10:05pm On Sep 06, 2019
He isn't lying sha!

An acquaintance, whose company did contracts for the State government told me about 2 years ago what was goin-on.

He mentioned they getting a 10 billion contract and our very own 'Constituted authority' calling for his own 6 billion naira cut.
...this without buying a pin.

They usually ended up doing nothing or little in the end.

3 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by itsme01: 10:12pm On Sep 06, 2019
kinibigdeal:

You must be an APC member for talking ignorantly. Seyi just completed 100days and you concluded that he has abandoned previous administration project. Did you read the attached tweet at all or you are just paid to hail hypocrisy as usual?

I think you would find the gate-airport road an example good enough of my assertion especialy jagun after gbagi market. except you are a no true saying sychophant
Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by BizBayo: 10:18pm On Sep 06, 2019
omokab:
there is nothing like good example here. Why can't he mention the name and the project site if what he's saying is true? Hwy can't he sue him to court or he's afraid of tomorrow? I doubt if this man will perform.He likes making headline like fayose. 100 days nothing to show but now saying he awarded a contract of 350m for purchasing of desk to Secretariat. He might not have problem with teachers but he may not perform in term of infrastructure.

Let's say he had only castigated the previous administration, I would not have been on his side abit, but as you can see up there, he has done something worthy so far. Brotherly, if this man should start fuckiing up later, I will be part of those that will go against him. For now, the records are still worth it.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by higgs: 10:20pm On Sep 06, 2019
Why can't we have someone like Seyi Makinde or Peter Obi as president?

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by funmike83(f): 10:25pm On Sep 06, 2019
Denikayan:

Ajimobi was a curse to Oyo State, Nigeria, Africa, Earth and the entire Universe.

Walahi talahi
Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by siant: 10:28pm On Sep 06, 2019
Denikayan:

Ajimobi was a curse to Oyo State, Nigeria, Africa, Earth and the entire Universe.

You forget to mention heaven
Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 06, 2019
F117nighthawk:
Useless people they will come complain and make noise, if u have all the facts and figures, why not go ahead and prosecute him,it's only in Nigeria a governor will loot and the incoming one will never have the guts to arrest and make him give account of contracts awarded and not done,What a useless country, the reason they don't hold there predecessor accountable is because they know they too will take their own share of the National cake before they leave
Some of reason as though you don't know what is happening in the country, especially with the present government; tell me, who is going to arrest and prosecute him? The same EFCC that couldn't touch Fayemi following many petitions from the Ekiti State government and the House of Assembly? Or Amaechi who was accused even before his confirmation as a Minister in the last dispensation of squandering the funds belonging to River State, but was "rewarded " with ministerial appointment again? Let Makinde expose him and his cronies, so he can be judged in the "public" court. If you know, you know.

3 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by Charly68: 10:42pm On Sep 06, 2019
Nigerians should be raining curses on them
Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by writeprof(m): 10:45pm On Sep 06, 2019
itsme01:
grin

If after a year or two and things aint moving forward , oga don buy market be that.

Kano and Oyo state are similar in terms of political temprament... if after few years you dont perform then better pack your load..

He better learn from Ajimobi (except arrogance and disrespect to Kings and rulers) rather than continious allegation and attacks... because ajimobi still holds visible records of highest numbers of projects started and completed like

Opreation Burst
cocoa mall
Techu university
road dualisation
mokola bridge
BCOSTV's remodelling
Metro CCTV
Flood Management

Even Akala has many legacy projects all over town like lautech teaching hospitals
and alao akala way, same as Ladoja, Lam and Bola ige who were denied second term

All these projects? Are they in new Oyo or old Oyo state?

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by babtoundey(m): 10:51pm On Sep 06, 2019
If I were Makinde I would be somewhere mapping and planning how to sustain the people's trust and surpass the the people's expectations instead of going about making "much Ado about Nothing" (celebrating things which were initially in place but were scrabed by a visionless and careless government). In whatever he is doing he needs to put somethings into consideration; he needs to know how Ajimobi started and how he ended and most importantly realise he's ruling one of the most difficult set of people on earth.

All this appraisal over timely payment of salary, giving of free books to students, prosription of NURTW and the likes still have no weight. The Oyo people that voted him into power to satisfy their yearnings for change and meaningful economic growth and human development are there at his back, watching in three D.

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by itsme01: 10:52pm On Sep 06, 2019
writeprof:

All these projects? Are they in new Oyo or old Oyo state?

Is.there a new and old oyo?
Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by firstjoe(m): 10:54pm On Sep 06, 2019
itsme01:
grin

Opreation Burst
cocoa mall
Techu university
road dualisation
mokola bridge
BCOSTV's remodelling
Metro CCTV
Flood Management

gbenusoun

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by Goalnaldo(m): 11:01pm On Sep 06, 2019
F117nighthawk:
it is folks like you that will still criticize ihedioha for going after okorocha. Hypocrites!!

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by itsme01: 11:01pm On Sep 06, 2019
firstjoe:
gbenusoun

Trash spewed from a moving, living garbage can
Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by Shittabay4nija(m): 11:06pm On Sep 06, 2019
Most politician like making such unfounded statements about their predecessors. If truly the ex governor has done things that are against the law of the land by sharing the state resources without fulfilling the purpose . That is a criminal act which should never be left unpunished.
We keep on blaming people for wrong doing without bringing them to book .

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by Houstency(m): 11:07pm On Sep 06, 2019

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023: Obi Attends Afenifere Meeting, Vows To Restructure Nigeria / Portrait Of Buhari As Military Governor Of North-Eastern State In 1975-1976 / Sit-At-Home 'Offenders' Flogged By Simon Ikpa Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.