Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,768 members, 7,813,551 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

World Beard Day: All You Need To Know - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / World Beard Day: All You Need To Know (22313 Views)

My Aunt Grows Beard Like A Man, Is It A Health Condition? / 'beard Gang Can Give You A Vaginal Infection' - Nigerian Doctor Claims / Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Beard Day: All You Need To Know by MyBeardGang: 9:18am On Sep 07, 2019
Today is the World Beard Day 2019 and I am excited to share this with all my Beard'ren on Nairaland and also all aspiring Beard'ren who are in the process of becoming a BeardKing.

The World Beard Day holds every first Saturday in September and the World Beard Day for 2019 is TODAY, September 7, 2019. It is a time around the world when bearded men celebrate themselves and what they stand for.

Bearded men are known to be people with charisma, courage to challenge the status quo or the stigma attached to growing beards in some part of the world and likewise promote the art of beard growing, connect with individual e.t.c.

So let's briefly look into what world beard day is all about and how to get started:

Let's quickly look into the history of the World Beard Day

World beard day started when a group of anonymous bearded men organized an event to honor the tradition of Scandinavian until it caught the attention of the international audience.

Other sources have it that the exact origin of world beard is unknown, there is the only evidence of Danish Vikings dedicating a special day to the celebration of bearded men as far back 800 AD. Back in those days, there is no specific date to honor the beard, but we have multiple celebrations throughout the world. Some of the celebrations are crazy to talk about.

Let's take for example, Donskborg, where people without beards are banished into a nearby forest to for 24 hours.

Who is saying the truth here? Nobody can say, as history can be subjected to a series of manipulations to suit each man's agenda.

Who is the Organizer of World Beard Day 2019

It is a day where bearded people from anywhere around the world come together to celebrate beard. The organizers for each country vary. However, for Nigeria, the popular Jameson Irish Whisky brand will be hosting Bearded men to a gathering of good food and whiskey in Lagos.

Last August, they announced that world beard day will take place and that the brand will be doing something to celebrate it.

How World Beard Day is Celebrated?

Public events involve contest or display of bearded prowess among attendants. Music shows and special food are not always far from there. You will see a lot of amazing activities where attendants paint their faces to mimic different beard style.

Private events are made up of activities where bearded brothers engage in masculine activities. It is usually in two categories. Constructive ones are building of the bearded human pyramid and destructive ones such as the building of bonfire.

The 2019 World Beard Day in Nigeria will be celebrated at Lekki in Lagos with complimentary Cocktails for all Bearded Men and their friends, on the 8th of September 2019. Where will you be?

You can also use that as an opportunity to catch up with me on growing and grooming your facial hair.

Happy World Beard Day 2019!

https://mybeardgang.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-world-beard-day-2019/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Beard Day: All You Need To Know by cuba62(m): 1:39pm On Sep 07, 2019
God save Nigeria from enemies within.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Beard Day: All You Need To Know by spartoo: 1:39pm On Sep 07, 2019
Of what economic importance are beards

12 Likes

Re: World Beard Day: All You Need To Know by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 07, 2019
There is a World Beard Day?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Beard Day: All You Need To Know by NobleAngell(f): 1:39pm On Sep 07, 2019
Very soon they will celebrate "World Pubic Hair day". Lubbish!

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Beard Day: All You Need To Know by Holocene(m): 1:39pm On Sep 07, 2019
My job no allow me join beard gang. I need to look more professional

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Beard Day: All You Need To Know by Obosiland: 1:39pm On Sep 07, 2019
Shave

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Beard Day: All You Need To Know by IdioticNLmods: 1:39pm On Sep 07, 2019
Mtcheeew.. Better shave that bush and look clean.
I prefer Trey Songz or Pharrell Williams looking typa nigga than this nonsense

7 Likes

Re: World Beard Day: All You Need To Know by Tifesingz: 1:39pm On Sep 07, 2019
Radarada

1 Like

Re: World Beard Day: All You Need To Know by Risingblue008(m): 1:39pm On Sep 07, 2019
R u saying WORLD AJI DAY?

1 Like

Re: World Beard Day: All You Need To Know by Campus4u(m): 1:40pm On Sep 07, 2019
It's alright
Re: World Beard Day: All You Need To Know by RexTramadol1: 1:40pm On Sep 07, 2019
Beard gang

2 Likes

Re: World Beard Day: All You Need To Know by jovialswag(m): 1:40pm On Sep 07, 2019
na wa o
Re: World Beard Day: All You Need To Know by drips8(m): 1:40pm On Sep 07, 2019
There's always a world something day these days

1 Like

Re: World Beard Day: All You Need To Know by lyriclekidd(m): 1:40pm On Sep 07, 2019
Okay beard ganging
Re: World Beard Day: All You Need To Know by NaijaWebDesign(m): 1:40pm On Sep 07, 2019
grin
Re: World Beard Day: All You Need To Know by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 07, 2019
What about world non bearded day
Re: World Beard Day: All You Need To Know by UniversalDove: 1:41pm On Sep 07, 2019
What's a man without his beard?
What's a lion without its mane?

43 Likes

Re: World Beard Day: All You Need To Know by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 07, 2019
Ok those without beards.

Please Assemble at Alapomeji Bus stop mainland. Our protest starts there.

5 Likes

Re: World Beard Day: All You Need To Know by Fountainofyouth(f): 1:42pm On Sep 07, 2019
I dislike guys with too much beards like Osama, clean shaved guys are just the best kiss

8 Likes

Re: World Beard Day: All You Need To Know by Propsvilla(m): 1:42pm On Sep 07, 2019
Ok
Re: World Beard Day: All You Need To Know by sammyj490(m): 1:42pm On Sep 07, 2019
front page at last
Re: World Beard Day: All You Need To Know by Fountainofyouth(f): 1:43pm On Sep 07, 2019
cuba62:
God save Nigeria from enemies within.

Bearded guy right undecided
Re: World Beard Day: All You Need To Know by Kolisky(m): 1:43pm On Sep 07, 2019
.......i know someday they would celebrate WORLD IDIOTS DAY

grin grin grin

Radarada

13 Likes

Re: World Beard Day: All You Need To Know by hammariise(m): 1:44pm On Sep 07, 2019
All I know is that Jesus has beard

1 Like

Re: World Beard Day: All You Need To Know by DrNueLpureHoney: 1:45pm On Sep 07, 2019
As a man... If yOu no get beards.. Hide yOur face grin

23 Likes

Re: World Beard Day: All You Need To Know by Angelfrost(m): 1:45pm On Sep 07, 2019
IdioticNLmods:
Mtcheeew.. Better shave that bush and look clean.
I prefer Trey Songz or Pharrell Williams looking typa nigga than this nonsense

Most people actually think Trey looks corny and gay... Well, different strokes. tongue

14 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Resident Doctors Declare Total & Indefinite Strike, List 8 Demands / COVID-19: Some States Yet To Submit Samples For Testing, Says NCDC / Policeman, Wife, Five Children Found Dead In Osun Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.