Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

[USA] Ex-muslim Group Launches #awesomewithoutallah Billboard Campaign - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / [USA] Ex-muslim Group Launches #awesomewithoutallah Billboard Campaign (440 Views)

Osun Priestess, Yeye Ajesikemi Olokun Omolara Threatened By Muslim Group / Ex-muslim Ishaku Exposes Buhari's Plan To Islamize Nigeria / Tears: Ex-Muslim Turned Christian Apologist, Nabeel Qureshi, Is Gone! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[USA] Ex-muslim Group Launches #awesomewithoutallah Billboard Campaign by Nigeria2040: 4:23pm On Sep 07, 2019
The Ex-Muslims of North America have just launched their first billboards in Atlanta, Chicago, and Houston with signs aimed at like-minded people: Those who were raised Muslim, and no longer believe its theology, but who may be hesitant to say so out loud for a variety of reasons.

The signs are part of the group’s #AwesomeWithoutAllah campaign.

The signs say “Nearly one in four Muslims raised in the US have left Islam” with the tagline “Godless. Fearless. Ex-Muslim.”

Why is this type of campaign so important? Because even if there’s no legal penalty for leaving the religion, there are large social and cultural ones. For some, the threat of violence looms large.

“In a dozen Muslim-majority countries, ex-Muslims are condemned to the death penalty”, said Muhammad Syed, President of Ex-Muslims of North America. “In the West, our existence is not a crime, but we still face isolation, threats, and abuse by our own families and former faith community. Unsurprisingly, many former Muslims choose to hide their lack of belief. But the first step to gain acceptance is coming out openly, without shame or fear.”

“We want closeted ex-Muslims to know they are not alone”, said Sarah Haider, Executive Director of Ex-Muslims of North America. “We also want them to know that while the prospect of coming out as nonreligious is frightening, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. You can make it to the other side, you can rebuild your life and find joy in the freedom from religion.”

According to EXMNA, the signs faced “several rounds of rejections, changes, and even one contract termination from companies afraid of offending religious sensibilities,” but they were ultimately approved in the three cities.

Details about the costs and length of the campaign weren’t available at the time of publication.

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2019/09/04/ex-muslim-group-launches-awesomewithoutallah-billboard-campaign/

Re: [USA] Ex-muslim Group Launches #awesomewithoutallah Billboard Campaign by OtemAtum: 5:46pm On Sep 07, 2019
There's joy in my heart over one Muslim that backslides and become a thinker than over 1000 thinkers who don't need to backslide anymore.

Iamgenius should see this.

Truly Allah is still in his spiritual cage.
Re: [USA] Ex-muslim Group Launches #awesomewithoutallah Billboard Campaign by Nigeria2040: 6:38pm On Sep 07, 2019
OtemAtum:
There's joy in my heart over one Muslim that backslides and become a thinker than over 1000 thinkers who don't need to backslide anymore.

Iamgenius should see this.

Truly Allah is still in his spiritual cage.

Lets be truthfull, how do you fill when your fellow believer murdered a fellow human being. I mean just murdered for not committing any crime apart from not being a believer, How do u feel?
Re: [USA] Ex-muslim Group Launches #awesomewithoutallah Billboard Campaign by OtemAtum: 7:38pm On Sep 07, 2019
Nigeria2040:

Lets be truthfull, how do you fill when your fellow believer murdered a fellow human being. I mean just murdered for not committing any crime apart from not being a believer, How do u feel?

I am not a believer, so why are you quoting me? Go back and read my comment biko.
Re: [USA] Ex-muslim Group Launches #awesomewithoutallah Billboard Campaign by Nigeria2040: 6:51am On Sep 08, 2019
OtemAtum:

I am not a believer, so why are you quoting me? Go back and read my comment biko.

Sorry I miss understood u
Re: [USA] Ex-muslim Group Launches #awesomewithoutallah Billboard Campaign by OtemAtum: 8:23am On Sep 08, 2019
Nigeria2040:

Sorry I miss understood u
Ok

1 Like

Re: [USA] Ex-muslim Group Launches #awesomewithoutallah Billboard Campaign by Nigeria2040: 10:32am On Sep 08, 2019
There are many northerners especially the woman want to leave Islam but they are afraid of what will be metted to them. I met one whom I would have married had it been she converted to Islam she couldn't do it for fear of what her people will do to them.

Re: [USA] Ex-muslim Group Launches #awesomewithoutallah Billboard Campaign by Lonelypacifist6: 11:29am On Sep 08, 2019
A hundred years from now Religion Would be Extinct, grin I can bet my tallywaker on it Just that I wouldn't be alive to see it sad

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye's Sermon @the 2019 Oau Special Miracle Service / BREAKING: Popular Evangelist, Reinhard Bonnke Dies / Pastor Adeboye - Before I Die (see What He Said)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.