Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,259 members, 7,957,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:24 PM

Transformer's Armoured Cable - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Transformer's Armoured Cable (553 Views)

Two Soldiers Arrested For Stealing Armoured Cables At Dangote Refinery (pic) / Transformer Vandal Electrocuted To Death In Karu, Abuja / Transformer Vandal Escapes Death After Being Electrocuted While Trying To Steal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Transformer's Armoured Cable by anayisi1(m): 9:11pm On Sep 07, 2019
Dear nairalanders.i have been awe-stricken since this morning and i believe that since a problem shared is a problem solved i rather share this pathetic situation of ours.
For the past few months,there has been the orgy of transformer vandalisation in my community and it's environs.the heartless vandals target the armoured cables leaving the affected community in darkness for months.
Fast- forward to last week,we decided to increase the height of the perimeter fence around the facility with barbed wire.we also thought of casting solid concrete around the armoured cable to protect it.we brainstormed,mobilised and levied ourselves for this task and unanimously agreed to start work on Saturday 7th sept(today)...only to wake up this morning to discover the armoured cable has been vandalised.
An eye witness(a watchman in the vicinity) testified he saw a white hilux jeep around 3am with ladder around the facility.obviously he assumed them to be members of AEDC at 'work'.
As at this morning,this is the 47th transformer to be vandalized in as many as few months,mindboggling right!
My worry is that there is always a power outage the duration of the vandals perpetrating their act.Also AEDC that officially owns the transformer never seem to bother nor put up a proactive measure to halt this ugly trend.are they not rather been complicit in there continued indifference?
What makes this our case looks like the last straw that breaks the camel's back is that this said transformer is located close to the local government secretariat and serves the secretariat.(that is adavi local government secretariat in kogi state).Right now the community is been thrown in a mourning mood since morning.how many months are we going to wait till a good samaritan provides us another armoured cable while the management of AEDC continue to absolve themselves of any blame nor involvement in the dastardly act?i am indeed pained and crestfallen!
Re: Transformer's Armoured Cable by Chepos1(m): 9:15pm On Sep 07, 2019
I feel ur pains embarassed

But

Where is d picture for observation n necessary action undecided
Re: Transformer's Armoured Cable by Mutemenot(m): 9:29pm On Sep 07, 2019
Best option is to use 12 mm rod to construct a good cage . Get a good padlock that can be difficult to damage n so get a solar powered street light attaches to one of the poles

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Man Disguised Bombs To Look Like Teddy Bears Then Left Them In The Road / Sanusi Usman:"Though I'm A Rapist, I Don't Want My Daughter To Be Raped" / BREAKING: South African Policeman Sentenced To 32 Years For Killing Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.