Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Xenophobia South Africa: Asking Oshiomole And Political Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Xenophobia South Africa: Asking Oshiomole And Political Nigeria (275 Views)

Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down / Xenophobia: South Africa President, Cyril Ramaphosa Reacts To Xenophobic Attack / Xenophobia: South African Government Shows Concern Over Threats By NANS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Xenophobia South Africa: Asking Oshiomole And Political Nigeria by Nigeria2040: 1:08am On Sep 08, 2019
XENOPHOBIA SOUTH AFRICA: ASKING OSHIOMOLE AND POLITICAL NIGERIA

Political Nigeria has been talking tough against the xenophobic attacks visited on Nigerians in South Africa after going conspicuously silent on Fulani mass slaughter of Nigerians at home. Black South Africans went too far at registering their displeasure with Nigerians and other immigrant blacks from across the African continent. Adams Oshiomole prescribed the ‘Nigerianization’ of South African shares of South African businesses operating in Nigeria. He wants South African businesses such as MTN and MultiChoice nationalized.

It is important to ask Adams Oshiomole why he was not as forthcoming against Fulani mass slaughter of Nigerians as he has so far been against black South Africa’s barbaric attacks on Nigerians. Femi Gbajabiamila, Speaker of Nigeria’s House of Representatives, has likewise been verbally aggressive against the anti-Nigeria xenophobic attacks. Where was his toughness in the face of Fulani genocidal attacks across Nigeria? Why is political Nigeria not talking tough against Nigerian bandits (criminals) that have been killing and maiming innocent Nigerians? Why are Adams Oshiomole’s colleagues negotiating with the killers – people who deserve punishment?

Are Nigerians aware that Nigeria’s High Commission in South Africa shut its doors against Nigerians in the course of the attacks? First, I highlight the cowardice of the likes of Oshiomole and Gbajabiamila exhibited in the face of wanton Fulani mass slaughter of Nigerians at home. Next, I emphasize that much as black South Africans went too far in anger against Nigerians, Nigerians need to admit the fact that they (our society) is fundamentally at the bottom of the problem. Let’s come to terms with our hypocrisy and affinity for disorder!

I admit that Nigerians are, orientationally not congenitally, a very unruly set of people made so by the failure of leadership and by the attendant breakdown of the Nigerian economy and value-system. Across the world, Nigerians are synonymous with crime and disorderliness! This synonymity is rooted at home. Indeed, charity begins at home. I also add that in life, one can only give what he or she has. Nigerians export more of lawlessness than professional skills and respect for order to foreign economies where they display their home-grown wild, anything-goes quest for money. Black South Africans, debased and rendered pathologically timid and diametrically stupid by white South Africans for over a century of very brutal oppression, are both victims of Nigerians’ criminal operations in their country and envious of the gleaming material fortune Nigerians make and flaunt carelessly in their laid-back (black) society.

There are many Southern African girls languishing in jails across Europe courtesy of Nigerian drug-dealers’ scam-marriages intended to use the young and unquestioning women as drug-couriers. Nigerian leaders talk-tough against attacks on Nigerians in South Africa but refuse to admit that they are responsible for the worsening economic hardship that forces Nigerians out to seek daily-bread by any means conceivable abroad! Air Peace has offered to fly Nigerians back home free-of-charge. Some Nigerians advise their brothers and sisters not to return because of the grinding hardship in Nigeria! Adams Oshiomole says MTN and co should be nationalized.

I suspect the former Edo State governor and his cronies are set on exploiting the xenophobic attacks to seize the lucrative South African businesses to themselves, for themselves! Have they considered the implications of such an action on investors’ already weak confidence in Nigeria? Are they conscious of the workings and sensitivity of the post-Soviet neo-liberal global economic order? ‘Dis awa leaders sef’! Do we actually have leaders?

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia South Africa: Asking Oshiomole And Political Nigeria by Nobody: 3:02am On Sep 08, 2019
This is so true ...I am not saying that safrican are right for this....but our country is as bad and whether or not Safricans are xenophobic....we are our problem.....see the boko haram and Fulani herdsmen that massacred our people....where was our government outcry....now boko is declaring war against the SAs....mtchew...a lot of things I want to say but let me keep it to myself....

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Heaven Must Cost U Something / Buhari Blames Accountants For Corruption In Nigeria / Presidential Tribunal: Why I Cannot Congratulate Buhari – Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.