Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,748 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Help Me Save Molly And Storm- Three Days They Have Refuse To Eat - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help Me Save Molly And Storm- Three Days They Have Refuse To Eat (1541 Views)

Python Tried To Eat Family Dog And Mistakenly Swallows It's Blanket Instead / My Dog Has Refused To Eat Because We Travelled / Dairy Of Boerboel (molly And Storm) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Save Molly And Storm- Three Days They Have Refuse To Eat by naijabat2001: 9:47am On Sep 08, 2019
Good morning house, please I need swift address on Molly and storm, it has been three days of no sleep and worry because am scared of losing them both, it been three days now both of them have lost apitite to eat anything.

Each time I go to the vet, whom happen to be the best here in Benin(Vetcare vegetable market), he keep saying I should not mind them feed them with what they have been eating, but believe me, for three days now they haven’t eaten any of their usual meal given to them, they just sniff and ignore all day, I come to meet the same quantity of food the next morning, am so worried and scared, two week ago I treated them of fever and deworm them both yesterday (syrups), they have reduce drastically, I still feels they are sick but the vet is yet to get the root of their stickiness.

They look hungry but can’t eat, not even dry meet, dry fish, Akamu( pap), milk, indomie mix with dry fish or meat, can food (frances pride) , the regular fish meal mix with milk, all this they decline to...

The vet is angry that I wast my money and keep saying ( them never hungry if them angry them go chop am) for three (3) days now them never angry?

Please house help me save them both.
Re: Help Me Save Molly And Storm- Three Days They Have Refuse To Eat by OKclothier: 2:59pm On Sep 08, 2019
Give them glucose in water/milk first.

Where is your location? I can help but it depends on your location though
Re: Help Me Save Molly And Storm- Three Days They Have Refuse To Eat by vincentjk(m): 7:05pm On Sep 08, 2019
Are they vomiting? How is their stool, firm or watery?
Re: Help Me Save Molly And Storm- Three Days They Have Refuse To Eat by frowland(m): 7:53pm On Sep 08, 2019
Hi bro, get your local yoghurt NOT those hollandia foreign ones but the local ones. Apply some powdered milk, mix and feed them. This will reinvigorate their appetite and reset their digestive system. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Me Save Molly And Storm- Three Days They Have Refuse To Eat by FlyingTOMATOE: 8:13pm On Sep 08, 2019
vincentjk:
if they don't eat how will they stool?
I think they are having issues with worms
Re: Help Me Save Molly And Storm- Three Days They Have Refuse To Eat by FlyingTOMATOE: 8:14pm On Sep 08, 2019
frowland:
Hi bro, get your local yoghurt NOT those hollandia foreign ones but the local ones. Apply some powdered milk, mix and feed them. This will reinvigorate their appetite and reset their digestive system. Thanks.
Op give this a shot
Re: Help Me Save Molly And Storm- Three Days They Have Refuse To Eat by vincentjk(m): 8:57pm On Sep 08, 2019
FlyingTOMATOE:
if they don't eat how will they stool?
I think they are having issues with worms

Was thinking it might be parvo or something
Re: Help Me Save Molly And Storm- Three Days They Have Refuse To Eat by naijabat2001: 8:58pm On Sep 08, 2019
OKclothier:
Give them glucose in water/milk first.

Where is your location? I can help but it depends on your location though

Airport road, Irhirhi by wellspring university...please come to my rescue
Re: Help Me Save Molly And Storm- Three Days They Have Refuse To Eat by naijabat2001: 9:02pm On Sep 08, 2019
vincentjk:

No, they are not vomiting, but when I introduce the can food to them ( frances pride), I notice their stool was watering and reddish, but they stop eating it, gave them some drug that the vet gave me for the stool, since last night till today they haven’t stool, am worried as they still not eating at all
Re: Help Me Save Molly And Storm- Three Days They Have Refuse To Eat by naijabat2001: 9:03pm On Sep 08, 2019
frowland:

Where can I get local youghurt, please I don’t mind buying it tomorrow, am based in Benin
Re: Help Me Save Molly And Storm- Three Days They Have Refuse To Eat by naijabat2001: 9:06pm On Sep 08, 2019
vincentjk:

Was thinking it might be parvo or something
No, not parvo, because they are not looking sick
Re: Help Me Save Molly And Storm- Three Days They Have Refuse To Eat by frowland(m): 9:20pm On Sep 08, 2019
naijabat2001:

Where can I get local youghurt, please I don’t mind buying it tomorrow, am based in Benin

It's everywhere. Just visit any retail shop and ask for it. Its just like your Hollandia yoghurt but on plastic container like bottle water.
Re: Help Me Save Molly And Storm- Three Days They Have Refuse To Eat by vincentjk(m): 10:10pm On Sep 08, 2019
naijabat2001:

No, they are not vomiting, but when I introduce the can food to them ( frances pride), I notice their stool was watering and reddish, but they stop eating it, gave them some drug that the vet gave me for the stool, since last night till today they haven’t stool, am worried as they still not eating at all

Watery and reddish? Is it smelly or not?

I need u to explain to me exactly
Re: Help Me Save Molly And Storm- Three Days They Have Refuse To Eat by vincentjk(m): 10:12pm On Sep 08, 2019
naijabat2001:

No, not parvo, because they are not looking sick

When my gsd had parvo for almost 1 week he wasn't looking sick either
Re: Help Me Save Molly And Storm- Three Days They Have Refuse To Eat by naijabat2001: 10:40pm On Sep 08, 2019
vincentjk:

Watery and reddish? Is it smelly or not?

I need u to explain to me exactly

Not smelly, they vet said it as a result of the can food, he advise that I mix with indomie, rice or something before I feed them with it
Re: Help Me Save Molly And Storm- Three Days They Have Refuse To Eat by vincentjk(m): 1:09am On Sep 09, 2019
naijabat2001:

Not smelly, they vet said it as a result of the can food, he advise that I mix with indomie, rice or something before I feed them with it

Ok
Re: Help Me Save Molly And Storm- Three Days They Have Refuse To Eat by nikaShow(m): 10:37am On Sep 09, 2019
Check for Ticks on Thier body

If the faeces is reddish kinda , as you said...

And you have dewormed them.

And they are not vomiting.

And they are drinking water by themselves but not food...

See if Thier mouth and gums are whitish.

Get them amitrax to get the ticks off Thier body. The ticks also inject some toxins into their body that doesn't let them eat...

1 Like

Re: Help Me Save Molly And Storm- Three Days They Have Refuse To Eat by OKclothier: 4:31pm On Sep 10, 2019
naijabat2001:

Sadly I live in Lagos.
Re: Help Me Save Molly And Storm- Three Days They Have Refuse To Eat by wiloy2k8(m): 6:57pm On Sep 10, 2019
naijabat2001:
Good morning house, please I need swift address on Molly and storm, it has been three days of no sleep and worry because am scared of losing them both, it been three days now both of them have lost apitite to eat anything.

Each time I go to the vet, whom happen to be the best here in Benin(Vetcare vegetable market), he keep saying I should not mind them feed them with what they have been eating, but believe me, for three days now they haven’t eaten any of their usual meal given to them, they just sniff and ignore all day, I come to meet the same quantity of food the next morning, am so worried and scared, two week ago I treated them of fever and deworm them both yesterday (syrups), they have reduce drastically, I still feels they are sick but the vet is yet to get the root of their stickiness.

They look hungry but can’t eat, not even dry meet, dry fish, Akamu( pap), milk, indomie mix with dry fish or meat, can food (frances pride) , the regular fish meal mix with milk, all this they decline to...

forcefeed them bro ...

The vet is angry that I wast my money and keep saying ( them never hungry if them angry them go chop am) for three (3) days now them never angry?

Re: Help Me Save Molly And Storm- Three Days They Have Refuse To Eat by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:39pm On Sep 11, 2019
naijabat2001:

When my dog was not eating, I force fed her. Do that. Open their mouth, put the food and close it until they swallow it.
That doesn't mean you shouldn't treat them for whatever is wrong with them. The force feeding is just to make sure they have some food in them against the treatment. Treating a dog that hasn't eaten for days is not a great idea.
Re: Help Me Save Molly And Storm- Three Days They Have Refuse To Eat by charlesELIKIBA: 5:10pm On Sep 12, 2019
naijabat2001:

check ekenwan road close to matice. there is a FURA or so yoghurt shops there, maybe thats good enough

(1) (Reply)

Male and Female Gsd(Alsatian) Pups Available / Facts About Pigeons / Black Is Beautiful My Black Female German Sheperd Pup For Sale...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.