Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Xenophobic: Ghana Must Go, History Is Repeating Itself - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Xenophobic: Ghana Must Go, History Is Repeating Itself (1583 Views)

Peter Obi: "Ghana-Must-Go" Bag Spotted At LP's Convention (Photo) / Oyigbo: History Is Repeating Itself Again In Nigeria / South African Deputy Minister Of Police Defends Xenophobic Attacks (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xenophobic: Ghana Must Go, History Is Repeating Itself by MPSA(m): 10:44am On Sep 08, 2019
In 1983, Ghana must Go was famous, Now We're Witnessing the same Problem, Shame on us undecided Xenophobic and Tribalism need to Stop across our Continent , We need Peace cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R3VJavf66I

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobic: Ghana Must Go, History Is Repeating Itself by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 08, 2019
MPSA:
In 1983, Ghana must Go was famous, Now We're Witnessing the same Problem, Shame on us undecided Xenophobic and Tribalism need to Stop across our Continent , We need Peace cry

But Ghana did it to us first in 1967.

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobic: Ghana Must Go, History Is Repeating Itself by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 08, 2019
It's a normal occurrence around the world to eject some citizens from another nationality who are over burdening your economy.. But it should be done in the right way, not by killing and intimidating them.. Of course you own your country.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobic: Ghana Must Go, History Is Repeating Itself by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 08, 2019
stinflame:
It's a normal occurrence around the world to eject some citizens from another nationality who are over burdening your economy.. But it should be done in the right way, not by killing and intimidating them.. Of course you own your country.

Some merit in this argument but also important to note that a Nation with indigenes who are not slackers will first avail themselves of the best opportunities before foreigners can have access to such. The fear of foreigners is driving Brexit in the UK for example. We all know the UK is one of the top economies in the world.

Little known, unless to those who have lived in the UK or spent time there, is that the very same nation host a lot of lazy, unambitious and unproductive indigenes who think their own indolence and lack of prosperity will suddenly disappear if driven, hardworking and ambitious foreigners are suddenly expelled. This is the simplistic reasoning of Xenophobes incapable of owning their own deficiencies to then instead blame others for their lack of success in life.

We now live in a world of achievers and it is going to be more severely so in future as the world population increases and struggle for limited resources becomes more competitive. Work to make yourself an achiever and you will not struggle anywhere you choose to live, work and raise a family.

5 Likes

Re: Xenophobic: Ghana Must Go, History Is Repeating Itself by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 08, 2019
No Ghanian was killed during this period and they were illegal immigrants.

There is no comparison to what happened in South African. In South Africa, immigrants were beheaded, decapitated, set on fire and raped.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobic: Ghana Must Go, History Is Repeating Itself by deepfreeze(m): 1:29pm On Sep 08, 2019
No absolute correlation between your submission and what's presently happening at SA ;

1. Only "illegal immigrants" (majorly Ghanaians) were directed to leave Nigeria. (That's an offense by itself)

2. Above decision was as a result of the country's economy going downwards

3. The illegal immigrants had the luxury of time to pack "all" their properties because the Nigeria masses never harassed, threatened or loot their properties.

4. The above was because Nigeria masses never felt threatened by the presence of foreigners, no animosity whatsoever and that's why you won't find in print, online or electronic media of Nigerians chasing out the illegal immigrants.

Now , the most important was that the announcement was made by the authorities (Government) in clear and concise manner, not some citizens deciding on their own and giving room for anarchy (like that of SA)

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobic: Ghana Must Go, History Is Repeating Itself by PetroDollaxxxx: 4:22pm On Sep 08, 2019
Well Nigeria did it twice. 1983 and 1985. Check your history. Ghana did it, so nigeria doing it makes it right,huh? Fuckeduppedness

kmcutez:

But Ghana did it to us first in 1967.
Re: Xenophobic: Ghana Must Go, History Is Repeating Itself by JaceBlaze: 6:37pm On Sep 08, 2019
deepfreeze:
No absolute correlation between your submission and what's presently happening at SA ;

1. Only "illegal immigrants" (majorly Ghanaians) were directed to leave Nigeria. (That's an offense by itself)

2. Above decision was as a result of the country's economy going downwards

3. The illegal immigrants had the luxury of time to pack "all" their properties because the Nigeria masses never harassed, threatened or loot their properties.

4. The above was because Nigeria masses never felt threatened by the presence of foreigners, no animosity whatsoever and that's why you won't find in print, online or electronic media of Nigerians chasing out the illegal immigrants.

Now , the most important was that the announcement was made by the authorities (Government) in clear and concise manner, not some citizens deciding on their own and giving room for anarchy (like that of SA)
Ghanaians were not into human trafficking and drug peddling so their presence in Nigeria could not have warranted any attacks because they were there to make a living through legal means.Can we say the same about Nigerians and other illegal immigrants in South Africa? ABSOLUTELY NOT.You wanna know why the citizens have taken it upon themselves to clean the streets? they have complained about criminals from other African countries for so long but the government is too slow to listen and South Africans are not the type of people to wait hundred years for an answer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobic: Ghana Must Go, History Is Repeating Itself by googi: 6:54pm On Sep 08, 2019
A shame and stigma that will remain with Nigeria forever.

Oh, Ghana threw out Nigerians first. So what, a population about the size of Lagos? They were amicable, greatful and easy to get along with compared to our fellow Nigerians.
Re: Xenophobic: Ghana Must Go, History Is Repeating Itself by MPSA(m): 7:19pm On Sep 17, 2019
JaceBlaze:
Ghanaians were not into human trafficking and drug peddling so their presence in Nigeria could not have warranted any attacks because they were there to make a living through legal means.Can we say the same about Nigerians and other illegal immigrants in South Africa? ABSOLUTELY NOT.You wanna know why the citizens have taken it upon themselves to clean the streets? they have complained about criminals from other African countries for so long but the government is too slow to listen and South Africans are not the type of people to wait hundred years for an answer.
cool cool

https://www.expressiveinfo.com/video-2-nigerians-die-after-drug-they-swallowed-burst-in-their-stomach-on-a-flight/

1 Like

Re: Xenophobic: Ghana Must Go, History Is Repeating Itself by Iamgrey5(m): 7:31pm On Sep 17, 2019
JaceBlaze:
@ emboldened
And you were aware of this how?

So all the Nigerians leaving Sa today are into drugs and human trafficking?
Re: Xenophobic: Ghana Must Go, History Is Repeating Itself by hammerVJ: 7:38pm On Sep 17, 2019
IN WEST AFRICA, THE GHANIANS ARE NUMBER 1 RACIST AND NIGERIA HATERS.

SAD BUT TRUE.
Re: Xenophobic: Ghana Must Go, History Is Repeating Itself by MPSA(m): 8:21pm On Sep 17, 2019
hammerVJ:
IN WEST AFRICA, THE GHANIANS ARE NUMBER 1 RACIST AND NIGERIA HATERS.

SAD BUT TRUE.

I never heard anything wrong about Ghananians grin

https://businesstech.co.za/news/government/328495/7-new-countries-can-now-visit-south-africa-visa-free/
Re: Xenophobic: Ghana Must Go, History Is Repeating Itself by hammerVJ: 8:26pm On Sep 17, 2019
MPSA:

https://businesstech.co.za/news/government/328495/7-new-countries-can-now-visit-south-africa-visa-free/

NIGERIA IS RICHER THAN GHANA, GOT MORE DEVELOPED URBAN AREAS THAN GHANA.

NIGERIA ALSO HAS MORE POPULATION.

IT IS A FREE WORLD SO SOME NIGERIANS GO TO WHEREVER THEY WANT.

THE PROBLEM IS THAT SOME OF THESE PLACES ARE BACKWARD AND UNCIVILISED PEOPLE, THAT ATTACK THEIR GUEST.

I HOPE UR LITTLE BRAIN CAN READ INBETWEEN THE LINE.

LIKEWISE, ALOT OF FOREIGNERS LIVE IN NIGERIA AND WE ACCOMMODATE THEM WITHOUT ATTACKS. THESE FOREIGNERS INCLUDE ALOT OF GHANAIANS.

THIS IS WAT MAKES US ONE WORLD.

I HOPE GHANA AND SOUTH AFRICA CAN ONE DAY BE CIVILISED AS NIGERIA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKQXznfrdsU
Re: Xenophobic: Ghana Must Go, History Is Repeating Itself by MPSA(m): 8:46pm On Sep 17, 2019
hammerVJ:

NIGERIA IS RICHER THAN GHANA, GOT MORE DEVELOPED URBAN AREAS THAN GHANA.

NIGERIA ALSO HAS MORE POPULATION.

IT IS A FREE WORLD SO SOME NIGERIANS GO TO WHEREVER THEY WANT.

THE PROBLEM IS THAT SOME OF THESE PLACES ARE BACKWARD AND UNCIVILISED PEOPLE, THAT ATTACK THEIR GUEST.

I HOPE UR LITTLE BRAIN CAN READ INBETWEEN THE LINE.

LIKEWISE, ALOT OF FOREIGNERS LIVE IN NIGERIA AND WE ACCOMMODATE THEM WITHOUT ATTACKS. THESE FOREIGNERS INCLUDE ALOT OF GHANAIANS.

THIS IS WAT MAKES US ONE WORLD.

I HOPE GHANA AND SOUTH AFRICA CAN ONE DAY BE CIVILISED AS NIGERIA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKQXznfrdsU

You are talking sense, But what about this https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/08/charges-80-people-nigerians-46m-internet-scam-190823071850782.html, We need a good example from you, Your People must teach us how to behave well, You sound like a good teacher grin
Re: Xenophobic: Ghana Must Go, History Is Repeating Itself by Iamgrey5(m): 8:48pm On Sep 17, 2019
MPSA:

Really!

I thought you were ones ashamed of the stupidity of your bros

You are making excuses for them now?
Re: Xenophobic: Ghana Must Go, History Is Repeating Itself by MPSA(m): 8:52pm On Sep 17, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Really!

Man! I don't Support our criminals, Why you Support yours like this! Are you crazy or what? grin
Re: Xenophobic: Ghana Must Go, History Is Repeating Itself by Iamgrey5(m): 8:58pm On Sep 17, 2019
MPSA:

Man! I don't Support our criminals, Why you Support yours like this! Are you crazy or what? grin
Naah bruv

You are the halfwit here because I am not supporting any criminal, on the other hand you are trying to justify the unjust attacks on foreign own businesses in your country with this silly thread.

Tell me! are the Zims, Zams and the rest of the Africans attacked all Nigerian drug dealers?

1 Like

Re: Xenophobic: Ghana Must Go, History Is Repeating Itself by MPSA(m): 9:04pm On Sep 17, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Really!

We criticized our Looters left, right and center, But none of you criticized your bad Guys grin Everything is perfect on your side, People are lying about your criminals grin Come on Guys, You aren't perfect grin
Re: Xenophobic: Ghana Must Go, History Is Repeating Itself by Iamgrey5(m): 9:08pm On Sep 17, 2019
MPSA:

We criticized our Looters left, right and center, But none of you criticized your bad Guys grin Everything is perfect on your side, People are lying about your criminals grin Come on Guys, You aren't perfect grin
@ emboldened

You must have been reading Nairaland the past few days without your glasses, I am glad you have it back tho.

Nothwithstading, Pray tell! how are honest business owners drug dealers, because you guys only looted honest business owners.
Re: Xenophobic: Ghana Must Go, History Is Repeating Itself by MPSA(m): 9:11pm On Sep 17, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Naah bruv

You are the halfwit here because I am not supporting any criminal, on the other hand you are trying to justify the unjust attacks on foreign own businesses in your country with this silly thread.

Tell me! are the Zims, Zams and the rest of the Africans attacked all Nigerian drug dealers?

Oooh Please Man, Don't hide your bad Behavior by Xenophobic, We all agree about our bad Behavior, What about your bad Behavior Man? grin
Re: Xenophobic: Ghana Must Go, History Is Repeating Itself by JaceBlaze: 9:52pm On Sep 17, 2019
Iamgrey5:
@ emboldened
And you were aware of this how?

So all the Nigerians leaving Sa today are into drugs and human trafficking?
I know because Ghanaians have never before in history been known for such.

I don't know

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Social Media Needs Regulation (countries Outside Africa Speak Up) / “Haters Can Hug Transformer” Fayose Fires Back At Lauretta Onochie / Nigeria’s Foreign Debt Was $7 Billion In 2015. It Is $25 Billion Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.