Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Oyigbo: History Is Repeating Itself Again In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyigbo: History Is Repeating Itself Again In Nigeria (1794 Views)

Oyigbo: History Is Repeating Itself Again In Nigeria / Xenophobic: Ghana Must Go, History Is Repeating Itself / Atiku Reacts To Travel Ban: Buhari Repeating 'Evil Decree 2' Of 1984 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyigbo: History Is Repeating Itself Again In Nigeria by BENARI: 7:43pm On Nov 02, 2020
I've just seen a couple of videos of the barbarism and savagery going on in Oyigbo. It only reminds me of how today's Bokoharam metamorphosed from an ideology into a ruthless terrorist army.

I just wonder why we never learn from history. I'll be pleasantly surprised if this Oyigbo madness does not come back to hunt Nigeria, very very surprised.

It's such a pity we keep having foolish rulers who all they do is lay mines for the country and it's people.

I fear that a group either from within or outside ipob might emerge from this whole thing who may not be willing to take orders even from MNK.

Call me an alarmist, but I smell something coming.

Goodluck to everyone.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oyigbo: History Is Repeating Itself Again In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 02, 2020
Ipob
Re: Oyigbo: History Is Repeating Itself Again In Nigeria by ccffwx: 8:01pm On Nov 02, 2020
BENARI:
I've just seen a couple of videos of the barbarism and savagery going on in Oyigbo. It only reminds me of how today's Bokoharam metamorphosed from an ideology into a ruthless terrorist army.

I just wonder why we never learn from history. I'll be pleasantly surprised if this Oyigbo madness does not come back to hunt Nigeria, very very surprised.

It's such a pity we keep having foolish rulers who all they do is lay mines for the country and it's people.

I fear that a group either from within or outside ipob might emerge from this whole thing who may not be willing to take orders even from MNK.

Goodluck to everyone.

Yet to hear from you
Re: Oyigbo: History Is Repeating Itself Again In Nigeria by luvmijeje(f): 8:23pm On Nov 02, 2020
IPOB has already metamorphosed. This one that I'm seeing is worse that Boko Haram. I will tell you 10 reasons why.

1. It is holding a whole region at a gun point.
2. It's holding a National Opposition party at a gun point.
3. It is holding the South-South region at a gun point
4. It is brain washing the educated among them
5. It is singular creating enmity for the Igbos.
6. It is re-enacting the event that lead to the Civil war.
7. It is singularly awaking Nigeria to the danger the Igbos are.
8. It is Emboldening the Igbos to be careless.
9. It will be the Catalyst that will break up this country.
10. Above all, it is awakening the Yorubas.

8 Likes

Re: Oyigbo: History Is Repeating Itself Again In Nigeria by NATIONALPASTOR: 9:25pm On Nov 02, 2020
What happened in Ibigbo will be regretted by all Nigerians both big and small.
Re: Oyigbo: History Is Repeating Itself Again In Nigeria by NNEWIsuper: 9:32pm On Nov 02, 2020
BENARI:

Goodluck to everyone.
And who will be at the receiving end? Igbos cheering them up.. So you're simply saying igbos will suffer bc if they metamorphose to attack army more blood of the youths will shed.. A child who says his father won't sleep will also not have sleep.. Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Oyigbo: History Is Repeating Itself Again In Nigeria by NNEWIsuper: 9:33pm On Nov 02, 2020
luvmijeje:
IPOB has already metamorphosed. This one that I'm seeing is worse that Boko Haram. I will tell you 10 reasons why.

10. Above all, it is awakening the Yorubas.
Nigeria will never breakup.. Atleast not till oil is finished from there.. Go and ask questions, how do want the British to survive
Re: Oyigbo: History Is Repeating Itself Again In Nigeria by helinues: 9:35pm On Nov 02, 2020
It is Igbos that never learn a thing from history.

You can't fight government, it's suicidal
Re: Oyigbo: History Is Repeating Itself Again In Nigeria by Bkayyy: 9:41pm On Nov 02, 2020
Mr OP you are very intelligent and observant.
I've said this before that a splinter group from ipob will emerge and this group will make you see boko haram as a cool neighbor if you have seen how convinces these present ipob members are.
These ipob members are like walking corpse if you have seen them in action in real life. They are more radicalized than even taliban and are willing to die for their ideology.
An army like that reminds me of the Imperial army of Japan that even Hitler saluted their belief and conviction to the extent of wishing if his notorious nazi soldiers have such conviction that he would win any country with ease (that is the lack of fear for death which the ipob members currently posses).
Even at the heat of this killing in oyigbo, if MNK orders them to appear on major roads in oyigbo tomorrow which all of us know that is sure death, you will see them there tomorrow.
We have seen such in Enugu at Emene after the massacre, they appeared the next morning in Hundreds and also in Aba

2 Likes

Re: Oyigbo: History Is Repeating Itself Again In Nigeria by Bkayyy: 9:45pm On Nov 02, 2020
helinues:
It is Igbos that never learn a thing from history.

You can't fight government, it's suicidal
Actually you can. Winning a government is very easy if you have enough fund and radicalized individuals like the current ipob members that doesn't fear death. That was how modern Iran was born, north Korea and Zimbabwe

2 Likes

Re: Oyigbo: History Is Repeating Itself Again In Nigeria by helinues: 9:47pm On Nov 02, 2020
Bkayyy:

Actually you can. Winning a government is very easy if you have enough fund and radicalized individuals like the current ipob members that doesn't fear death. That was how modern Iran was born, north Korea and Zimbabwe

Go and ask Myanmar and Kashmir people as how it dey go
Re: Oyigbo: History Is Repeating Itself Again In Nigeria by Bkayyy: 9:51pm On Nov 02, 2020
helinues:

Go and ask Myanmar and Kashmir people as how it dey go
None of those you mentioned are fighting the government for freedom but are being dragged by other countries .
You should have pointed hamas, hezbollah and taliban instead.
Even at that, Kashmir region is a death trap for Indian soldiers and citizens

2 Likes

Re: Oyigbo: History Is Repeating Itself Again In Nigeria by helinues: 9:55pm On Nov 02, 2020
Bkayyy:

None of those you mentioned are fighting the government for freedom but are being dragged by other countries .
You should have pointed hamas, hezbollah and taliban instead.
Even at that, Kashmir region is a death trap for Indian soldiers and citizens

Kashmir that has been on curfew for how many months now with a media black out? Why did their autonomy revoked by India government?

The Taliban that the Afghan government have gained more territory from?

Both Hamas and Hezbollah are part of their respective countries government.

Stay updated bro
Re: Oyigbo: History Is Repeating Itself Again In Nigeria by Bkayyy: 10:01pm On Nov 02, 2020
helinues:

Kashmir that has been on curfew for how many months now with a media black out?

The Taliban that the Afghan government have gained more territory from?

Both Hamas and Hezbollah are part of their respective countries government.

Stay updated bro
And you didn't see my point in your last statement?
Hezbollah now rules a country and hezbollah is the perfect definition of ipob where it's diplomatic wing is considered a political arm and it's military wing terrorists. What is remaining for ipob is to have a military wing. Their delay in having such makes me doubt the credibility of MNK and see him as a fraudster.
No freedom group survives without a military wing not even the zionists

1 Like

Re: Oyigbo: History Is Repeating Itself Again In Nigeria by helinues: 10:04pm On Nov 02, 2020
Bkayyy:

And you didn't see my point in your last statement?
Hezbollah now rules a country and hezbollah is the perfect definition of ipob where it's diplomatic wing is considered a political arm and it's military wing terrorists. What is remaining for ipob is to have a military wing. Their delay in having such makes me doubt the credibility of MNK and see him as a fraudster.
No freedom group survives without a military wing not even the zionists

Are Igbos part of Nigeria government or even interested in participating in Politics?

Don't get it twisted.

Ipob forming a military wing would only bring more calamity to Igbos..

You guys should think twice before embarking on a suicide mission
Re: Oyigbo: History Is Repeating Itself Again In Nigeria by Bkayyy: 10:10pm On Nov 02, 2020
helinues:

Are Igbos part of Nigeria government or even interested in participating in Politics?

Don't get it twisted.

Ipob forming a military wing would only bring more calamity to Igbos..

You guys should think twice before embarking on a suicide mission
I don't think so,
Ipob forming a military wing will bring them more respect and their words taken seriously plus it will end this unnecessary killing of their members while Nnamdi Kanu maintain the peaceful nature of their diplomatic wing like hezbollah did before becoming the world's richest and most respected terror group that even operate beyond their borders like the case of imam of peace instigating this endsars nonsense. Only a dullard won't see Iran's fingerprints all over the protest. If I were one of them I would have pressured the optimistic MNK to follow in the footsteps of hezbollah to save many lives.
And for the record hezbollah never started as a political party but exactly like ipob.

2 Likes

Re: Oyigbo: History Is Repeating Itself Again In Nigeria by helinues: 10:17pm On Nov 02, 2020
Bkayyy:

I don't think so,
Ipob forming a military wing will bring them more respect and their words taken seriously plus it will end this unnecessary killing of their members while Nnamdi Kanu maintain the peaceful nature of their diplomatic wing like hezbollah did before becoming the world's richest and most respected terror group that even operate beyond their borders like the case of imam of peace instigating this endsars nonsense. Only a dullard won't see Iran's fingerprints all over the protest. If I were one of them I would have pressured the optimistic MNK to follow in the footsteps of hezbollah to save many lives.
And for the record hezbollah never started as a political party but exactly like ipob.

It was still on NL where is advised IPOB to form a political party ( Before the 2019 general election) as they have reasonable supporters from SE...

You guys could have voted for those who have your interest not this crops of politicians you guys are currently having.

Ipob forming a military wing would only complicate matters as your current set of politicians are against it.

See beyond the picture bro
Re: Oyigbo: History Is Repeating Itself Again In Nigeria by kufreabasi86191: 10:20pm On Nov 02, 2020
What happened in Ibigbo will be regretted by all Nigerians both big and small.

1 Like

Re: Oyigbo: History Is Repeating Itself Again In Nigeria by Bkayyy: 10:26pm On Nov 02, 2020
helinues:

It was still on NL where is advised IPOB to form a political party ( Before the 2019 general election) as they have reasonable supporters from SE...

You guys could have voted for those who have your interest not this crops of politicians you guys are currently having.

Ipob forming a military wing would only complicate matters as your current set of politicians are against it.

Whenever they form military wing or lead the new country they might get, the whole governors in South East and their families have a high chance of being killed. That is how people submerged in an ideology like them behave and reasonable people know this which is the reason most people are leaving the country at the moment and also the reason MNK barks anyhow. He knows he have followers similar to what Adolf Hitler had just that he lacks the emotionless heart and zeal like Hitler. Whenever he overcomes the humanity inside him and arm those zombies at his disposal Nigeria herself will beg for breakaway but won't get it because those guys will match and bring death and destruction to both Igbos and Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Oyigbo: History Is Repeating Itself Again In Nigeria by Lawalatm: 5:41am On Nov 03, 2020
Verify any video or picture before you comment so you do not err. Mischief is on rampage......most stories are fake... I know some people currently living there.
Re: Oyigbo: History Is Repeating Itself Again In Nigeria by BastardWike: 5:48am On Nov 03, 2020
luvmijeje:
[s]IPOB has already metamorphosed. This one that I'm seeing is worse that Boko Haram. I will tell you 10 reasons why.

10. Above all, it is awakening the Yorubas.[/s]

Trash for the garbage!

Women are now being flogged in the streets of Ibadan for their choice of clothing by the Nigerian soldiers.

Your men are now being barbed in the streets of Ibadan by Nigerian soldiers.

Your men are now forced to swim in the mud in Oshogbo by Nigerian soldiers, yet you are waiting for Igbos to save you from your masters? No, you will enjoy your slavery and mind you, Nigeria is not breaking anytime soon. If you want it to break, go and invite your Amotekun miscreants to start fighting like Boko Haram.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyigbo: History Is Repeating Itself Again In Nigeria by nedekid: 6:01am On Nov 03, 2020
NNEWIsuper:

Nigeria will never breakup.. Atleast not till oil is finished from there.. Go and ask questions, how do want the British to survive

"how do want the British to survive"
I don't get this part. Kindly educate me.
Re: Oyigbo: History Is Repeating Itself Again In Nigeria by luvmijeje(f): 6:44am On Nov 03, 2020
BastardWike:

Trash for the garbage!

Women are now being flogged in the streets of Ibadan for their choice of clothing by the Nigerian soldiers.

Your men are now being barbed in the streets of Ibadan by Nigerian soldiers.

Your men are now forced to swim in the mud in Oshogbo by Nigerian soldiers, yet you are waiting for Igbos to save you from your masters? No, you will enjoy your slavery and mind you, Nigeria is not breaking anytime soon. If you want it to break, go and invite your Amotekun miscreants to start fighting like Boko Haram.

Why all this emotional rant na?

It's now a crime to say what I'm seeing.

1 Like

Re: Oyigbo: History Is Repeating Itself Again In Nigeria by NNEWIsuper: 8:00am On Nov 03, 2020
nedekid:

"how do want the British to survive"
I don't get this part. Kindly educate me.
Lol.. The oil in the delta of Nigeria is what made the British and its allies to support Nigeria because they're the ones mining the oil and earning high while paying Nigeria peanuts.. Shell, Eni, chevron, total are all foreign companies mining and earning royalties in Nigeria and they won't allow the country break because of this huge interest.. Make some huge research and understand this

1 Like

Re: Oyigbo: History Is Repeating Itself Again In Nigeria by Charleys: 8:17am On Nov 03, 2020
helinues:

He's not Igbo or IPOB,

He is having a reasonable conversation with you. Why do you keep referring to him as "you guys" & "you people"

Can't you have a meaningful conversation with someone?

Edited: I don even forget say na helinius I dey quote sef.

Fvck.! Sorry bro.
Resident zombie.

1 Like

Re: Oyigbo: History Is Repeating Itself Again In Nigeria by 9japride(m): 8:29am On Nov 03, 2020
You can never have a logical conversation with a zonB, its very difficult. They will drag you down to their level of mediocrity. To them they are just doing their normal hustle to post trash.

1 Like

Re: Oyigbo: History Is Repeating Itself Again In Nigeria by nedekid: 8:57am On Nov 03, 2020
NNEWIsuper:

Lol.. The oil in the delta of Nigeria is what made the British and its allies to support Nigeria because they're the ones mining the oil and earning high while paying Nigeria peanuts.. Shell, Eni, chevron, total are all foreign companies mining and earning royalties in Nigeria and they won't allow the country break because of this huge interest.. Make some huge research and understand this
Ok. Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Has Anybody Reprinted Their NIN Slip? / Medieval Era: Map Showing Yorubaland, Igboland And Others; Crusader Kings / Ohaneze, Northern Coalition Settle For Dr Ogbonnaya Onu For Presidency 2023.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.