Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,910 members, 7,952,670 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:41 PM

$9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG (30993 Views)

How Protesters Set Guest House Ablaze In Imo – As Owner’s Son, Soldiers Tortured / N100m Donation: Tinubu’s Son Reaches Out To Davido / See This Man's EYES as Obasanjo Reaches Out To Shake Buhari (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by Chimookigwe: 2:38pm On Sep 08, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Yes a skimmed through...... But you agree case precedents, exclusions and caveats, would be argued for
/against.......

That has been previously done in the US, but going to be a problem.
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 08, 2019
Mohammed Sanusi Barkindo a well known buhari man, the NNPC GMB who signed for NNPC in the said deal is now OPEC secretary general. A member of the buhari cabals. It is well known that most buhari alies were part of the Yaradua cabal.

kolaaderin:
why are you like this. You will always want to rob this government into every fraud committed by the permanently devilish party PDP. This type of fraud is not the first to be done by them, only that it's making the media because this government is ready to right all wrong of PDP.
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by plaetton: 2:41pm On Sep 08, 2019
Chimookigwe:

Even when you have a previous judgment in your favour and the losers are forum-shopping?

Stop arguing on what you have no knowledge about. Read this link.
https://iclg.com/practice-areas/enforcement-of-foreign-judgments-laws-and-regulations/enforcement-of-foreign-judgments-2019
Oh please. undecided
No of ys here are lawyers for either party in this matter. Neither are we writing legal opinions for a legal journal.
We are just opinionating from the snippets of information available to us thus far .

The simple fact is that until this is amicably settled or legally nullified for Nigeria, a $9b judgement, at the barest minimum, will affect Nigeria's Credit Rating , translating to higher cost of borrowing
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by persius555(m): 2:42pm On Sep 08, 2019
Another scam in the making. There are hundreds of Adam Quinn doing illegitimate business with the Nigerian government. These guys are out to teach us a lesson about government to government scam. Brexit is around the corner and a soft landing for that crookish former colonial master is to rob its former colonies through the use of its court.

The british know when and how best to cash out on a nation that thrives on corruption and scam. We are a nation/entity that never learns and rips where it never sew. Let's just sit back and enjoy paying the fine if we cant get a better deal. We are a nation that thrives in adverse conditions. $9.6 billion will not tear the country to shreds. What will is the hundred of criminals that perpetuate their selves in power. They are the real scam.

Lesson learnt. It is time to move on.
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by Lexusgs430: 2:44pm On Sep 08, 2019
Chimookigwe:

The exclusion in this matter is written assent to the jurisdiction of the Court. P&ID needs to present written evidence and not implied consent.

By the time they start from there, they would start getting sense little by little.

This case was infused with oxygen, by the FG nonchalant attitude as always....

Same way they ignored the US appeal on the cost of visa, by the time US hiked fees, they now sat up........

Where do we get this type of leaders from? You & I, would do a better job at governance....... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by badman007(m): 2:50pm On Sep 08, 2019
Almagiri Republic of Nigeria.. Very useless country. Later EFCC would arrest the so called lazy youths who’s future the country has destroyed
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by badman007(m): 2:53pm On Sep 08, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
Mohammed Sanusi Barkindo a well known buhari man, the NNPC GMB who signed for NNPC in the said deal is now OPEC secretary general. A member of the buhari cabals. It is well known that most buhari alies were part of the Yaradua cabal.

They become Rich and powerful black people...

Blacks Sold Blacks.

They don’t really care about us.
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by Codes151(m): 3:02pm On Sep 08, 2019
Basher8583:

You are an illiterate yourself with the way you construct your English.
Its obvious you learnt English from watching Nollywood
lol. Am better educated and constructive than you...

I can bet on anything you have sir! You feel say every body here na like you! If you want I can send you links for your perusal. If not, don’t quote me
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by Codes151(m): 3:06pm On Sep 08, 2019
jeff1607:

what would u do if u were the president?
let’s start from who where involved in the contract!

Firstly why I wrote that is because, I am 80% Sure that people who played roles in the contract have little or no idea what so ever of the work scope!

This problem is why we have inflated contracts and stuff
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by laiperi: 3:10pm On Sep 08, 2019
This is Fraud Upon The Court period. All legal analysis should focus on that.

It must be started again that these are not reputable companies, they are treasure hunters and gold diggers putting investment together to drain developing countries.

They locate Africans looking for profit in dollars and pounds.

Do not make it look like a technical legal or technology matters. Common laws are based on English law inferred from the Greek and Roman cultures. They are written to favor their culture just like Islamic law or Sharia.

BTW, Arbitration is not bidding on non-consenting parties. Even if they can produce any obscure or fine prints where it was written as binding, Fraud can destroy it.

This is not going to be the last. There are many treasure hunters out there and naive, gullible greedy Africans are waiting for money in their foreign accounts.

1 Like

Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 08, 2019
Different party same people. Nigeria always recycle it leaders
badman007:

They become Rich and powerful black people...

Blacks Sold Blacks.

They don’t really care about us.
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by GMbuharii: 3:28pm On Sep 08, 2019
Chimookigwe:

It is those hopeless Biafran slaves begging for freedom who see people like Danjuma as their masters.

You can tag Nnamdi Kanu and Judas Iscariot in your post, that's your problem.

Sifia pains lolsssssss grin

Ma wo eniyan...CHimoooTimbuktu BAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAA...
grin grin
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by kirkwood: 3:29pm On Sep 08, 2019
Chimookigwe:

Stop advertising your stupidity.

P&ID took this same matter to a US court and won. Nigeria Appealed and P&ID lost. That was when they ran to a UK Court to begin the process afresh.

Read wide and stop making a fool of yourself.

Going through your online records, I assume you're an APC or government-sponsored PR, and you wont eat without working hard to defend them. There is no need joining any silly issue with you. I wish you and your intense stupidity the best. Please go and read your Arbitration law and the arbitration clause to the Agreement well. You're doing a very poor job at image-making

1 Like

Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by jeff1607(m): 3:45pm On Sep 08, 2019
Codes151:
let’s start from who where involved in the contract!

Firstly why I wrote that is because, I am 80% Sure that people who played roles in the contract have little or no idea what so ever of the work scope!

This problem is why we have inflated contracts and stuff

the damage has been done already, how do you propose to fix it
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by unitysheart(m): 4:03pm On Sep 08, 2019
kirkwood:
If this money is ever paid, P & ID will be 6.5 times richer than Seychelles, and 4.6 times richer than the richest company in Africa.

Will it be paid?

The court has simply enforced the arbitral award under the initial arbitration proceedings.

It is one of the easiest judgement to be executed. Place a lien on Nigeria's foreign reserves, attaching the order of court. Once processed, money gone. No need to get the Nigerian government's approval.

This amount could comfortably have been spent on our educational sector, to upgrade the schools and research centres.

Appeal
What are you appealing against? Court's hands are tied in matters of arbitration, except where fraud is involved. English courts are not Nigerian courts. You can't bend them.

The best deal is to negotiate, but I can't see Nigeria paying below 3 billion dollars, which in any case would still be over 1 trillion naira.

Not as simple as you have put it.

There is a provision of internal tain law called Sovereign Immunity.

With sovereign Immunity for foreign countries it isn't easy to grab Nigeria's money from assets abroad.
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by baby124: 4:06pm On Sep 08, 2019
babaolofin:

Nothing is going to happen . There are several damages and penalties awarded against FG and there were negotiations and settlements from several years back. They have people local & abroad that specialized in this type of fraud. Another group in Abuja is people using local debts to fraud FG.

The Obj power sector probe is political . This is a project with project management office and terms of references with ministry in charge. Judgements involve lawyers, judges, actors and parasites. It is negotiation, it is a deal. Under Obj, they cannot come out. They study the environment.
Fraud is fraud. Nigeria will one day wake up and elect reputable leaders and all these shady deals will be investigated to its last with monies repatriated or judgements against the assets and families of these people. Fraud on such a monumental scale which has been exposed is always going to be a target on the back of all co-conspirators and also a hanging dagger. They will not try to play a fast one on this. P&ID will at the best case scenario drop this case and run for the hills.
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by baby124: 4:09pm On Sep 08, 2019
bendike:

The time for Nigeria to come to court to prove it was fraud was there. Nigeria did not turn up. They got judgement. The time to appeal came and passed. Nigeria did not appeal. This is not matter of emotions but law.
Nigeria has said that no one who could have been authorized to sign that contract, was available at the time the contract was signed. So, if this is pursued to a logical conclusion, this company is looking at perjury on a massive scale. They went to court with fraudulent documents knowing it was fraudulent and they lied about their investment of $40m. They never invested one kobo in this fraudulent exercise. It’s like you don’t know what fraud is and the consequences of knowingly approaching a court with fraudulent documents.
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by baby124: 4:11pm On Sep 08, 2019
kirkwood:

Going through your online records, I assume you're an APC or government-sponsored PR, and you wont eat without working hard to defend them. There is no need joining any silly issue with you. I wish you and your intense stupidity the best. Please go and read your Arbitration law and the arbitration clause to the Agreement well. You're doing a very poor job at image-making
Story... why are your handlers shaking and begging for compromise? I am sure they know better than you and as the scammers they are, they can’t look you straight in the eye and confess. They get absolutely nothing
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by baby124: 4:14pm On Sep 08, 2019
plaetton:

If Nigetia failed to due its Due Diligence before signing a multibillion dollar contract, then Nigeria pays the price.
As with individuals and corporations , so it is with governments.
Nigeria did not sign a contract with them. NNPC official who was not authorized to sign a contract signed it. Let them sue the NNPC official and his ancestors to court for their $9bn fraudulent judgment. In this case they get absolutely nothing. In fact they owe us money for the fraud, past fraudulent contracts and our legal fees. Including an apology. Nigeria must go hard on them to deter further occurrences and they will be used as scape goats. I advise you to collect your pay in advance because P&ID will soon have nothing to pay you..

1 Like

Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by plaetton: 4:24pm On Sep 08, 2019
baby124:

Nigeria did not sign a contract with them. NNPC official who was not authorized to sign a contract signed it. Let them sue the NNPC official and his ancestors to court for their $9bn fraudulent judgment. In this case they get absolutely nothing. In fact they owe us money for the fraud, past fraudulent contracts and our legal fees. Including an apology. Nigeria must go hard on them to deter further occurrences and they will be used as scape goats. I advise you to collect your pay in advance because P&ID will soon have nothing to pay you..
Lol. Daydreaming.
I'm glad you mentioned NNPC official.
Last time I checked, NNPC is the state enterprise that duly represents the Government of Nigeria in petroleum and energy related contracts
Case closed. grin
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by baby124: 4:31pm On Sep 08, 2019
plaetton:

Lol. Daydreaming.
I'm glad you mentioned NNPC official.
Last time I checked, NNPC is the state enterprise that duly represents the Government of Nigeria in petroleum and energy related contracts
Case closed. grin
NNPC cannot approve a contract that was not authorized by the FEC and signed by the president. No one in the FEC authorized the contract and YarAdua was in coma at the time. So my dear, get your salary in advance because the company you are trying to defend has a very fraudulent reputation.
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by kirkwood: 4:37pm On Sep 08, 2019
baby124:

Story... why are your handlers shaking and begging for compromise? I am sure they know better than you and as the scammers they are, they can’t look you straight in the eye and confess. They get absolutely nothing

I guess you are on the wrong thread, or is this convo deeper than I think
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by plaetton: 4:48pm On Sep 08, 2019
baby124:

NNPC cannot approve a contract that was not authorized by the FEC and signed by the president. No one in the FEC authorized the contract and YarAdua was in coma at the time. So my dear, get your salary in advance because the company you are trying to defend has a very fraudulent reputation.
My dear .
Nigeria's management or mismanagement problems are Nigeria's internal problems, and unfortunately, for which Nigeria is about to pay a heavy price.

Whether the Nigerian official committed fraud against his office is of zero concern to the UK courts.
That's not a legitimate defence.
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by baby124: 4:52pm On Sep 08, 2019
plaetton:

My dear .
Nigeria's management or mismanagement problems are Nigeria's internal problems, and unfortunately, for which Nigeria is about to pay a heavy price.

Whether the Nigerian official committed fraud against his office is of zero concern to the UK courts.
That's not a legitimate defence.
Nigeria cannot pay on something they did not sign. No contract existed between the company and Nigeria. Which is the main thing you are skirting around, dear.

1 Like

Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by Reference(m): 5:05pm On Sep 08, 2019
Nigeria should pay up her 9 billion dollar fees to thw School of Hard Knocks, Faculty of Bad Governace, Department of Political Contractors to be allowed entry into the next lecture series titled:

"How to Shut the Gates of Government/State House to Mercenaries after Elections"
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by Basher8583: 5:17pm On Sep 08, 2019
Codes151:
lol. Am better educated and constructive than you...

I can bet on anything you have sir! You feel say every body here na like you! If you want I can send you links for your perusal. If not, don’t quote me

Hmmmm. Check your signature to find out your illiteracy status. You obviously don't even know the mistake you made while writing your signature since English is quite difficult for you.
Note... You started the illiterate accusation
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by justtoodark: 5:41pm On Sep 08, 2019
festacman:
Since corruption thrives most in a state of confusion and panic. What corrupt politicians/ advisers/public servants usually do is creatively put in place a scheme that is deliberately laden with landmines down the road. Just when the Leader thinks he has a good bargain in a deal, the landmines start going off as programmed. Then they will in turn create of panic in the mind of the leader and stampede him into throwing as much money as requested to quell the arising confusion in order to avoid a scandal. So, while the leader sweats, the treasury bleeds but the corrupt officials smile to bank.

Therefore, no matter how this fu*king P&ID scam case ends, I want to salute President Buhari for his, sometimes annoying, stubbornness and resistance to be stampeded into unclear moves.

i tell you that guy rugged no be small....

he just dey show them black middle finger upandan around the world....
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by plaetton: 5:47pm On Sep 08, 2019
baby124:

Nigeria cannot pay on something they did not sign. No contract existed between the company and Nigeria. Which is the main thing you are skirting around, dear.
Then I guess the company got the judgement against Nigeria by magic ??
If you say so o !
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by bendike: 6:11pm On Sep 08, 2019
baby124:

Nigeria has said that no one who could have been authorized to sign that contract, was available at the time the contract was signed. So, if this is pursued to a logical conclusion, this company is looking at perjury on a massive scale. They went to court with fraudulent documents knowing it was fraudulent and they lied about their investment of $40m. They never invested one kobo in this fraudulent exercise. It’s like you don’t know what fraud is and the consequences of knowingly approaching a court with fraudulent documents.
If I sue you that you owe me 1m. I mean you. I have never met you. I make my statement of claim. The court orders that you be served. You are served several times to respond to my "fraudulent" accusations. You choose to ignore because you obviously do not know me.
After a while I plead for summary judgment and it is granted to me. The period for appeal expires you did not appeal, you then come a year later when I want to enforce judgment to state that you don't know me? From the little I know the law does not work that way. You were given a chance to present your case but you choose to ignore.
The law they say is an ass.
Lawyers on this forum can explain better.

1 Like

Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by justtoodark: 6:24pm On Sep 08, 2019
bendike:

If I sue you that you owe me 1m. I mean you. I have never met you. I make my statement of claim. The court orders that you be served. You are served several times to respond to my "fraudulent" accusations. You choose to ignore because you obviously do not know me.
After a while I plead for summary judgment and it is granted to me. The period for appeal expires you did not appeal, you then come a year later when I want to enforce judgment to state that you don't know me? From the little I know the law does not work that way. You were given a chance to present your case but you choose to ignore.
The law they say is an ass.
Lawyers on this forum can explain better.

blabla....go sleep....
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by saintol(m): 6:27pm On Sep 08, 2019
“Quinn knew powerful people, including the petroleum minister, who guaranteed P&ID a 20-year supply of “wet,” or unrefined, gas for a plant the company would build..."

Did this company build any gas plant? Which should come first, building of gas plant or wet gas that is to be supplied through the pipeline? If at all both parties are serious, the building of the gas plant and pipeline to supply the wet gas should be done at the same time. It is not even a situation whereby the company had fulfilled its own part of the contract which is construction of gas plant such that this gas plant is now rendered redundant without the provision of pipeline to supply the wet gas. Where is the construction site of the gas plant that the company agreed to provide in the contract? What is the level of work at this site? For someone to breach a contract, then you must have fulfilled you own part of the contract which must have amounted to a certain degree of loss to you as a result of the inability of the other party in the contract to fulfil his own part of the contract. Where is the gas plant the company said it will provide?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Rotimi Amaechi's 50th Birthday Photos / Photos From Jimeta Police-Headquarters Yola Bomb Blast Today / Bola Tinubu Shows His Dancing Skill (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.