Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

$9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG (30719 Views)

How Protesters Set Guest House Ablaze In Imo – As Owner’s Son, Soldiers Tortured / N100m Donation: Tinubu’s Son Reaches Out To Davido / See This Man's EYES as Obasanjo Reaches Out To Shake Buhari (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by naijajobx: 6:30pm On Sep 08, 2019
hmmm
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by baby124: 6:40pm On Sep 08, 2019
bendike:

If I sue you that you owe me 1m. I mean you. I have never met you. I make my statement of claim. The court orders that you be served. You are served several times to respond to my "fraudulent" accusations. You choose to ignore because you obviously do not know me.
After a while I plead for summary judgment and it is granted to me. The period for appeal expires you did not appeal, you then come a year later when I want to enforce judgment to state that you don't know me? From the little I know the law does not work that way. You were given a chance to present your case but you choose to ignore.
The law they say is an ass.
Lawyers on this forum can explain better.
First, the said court has no jurisdiction on this case so whatever judgement was gotten was a kangaroo judgment. Also, the company had been defeated in America and if the so called judge knew his profession he would know that the case had no legal right to be heard in his court. Now, the FG can file an appeal or even sue the company, judge and co-conspirators to court for filing a fraudulent case and committing fraud against the federal republic of Nigeria. There is sufficient legal backing that none of the assets of Nigeria can be seized by this judgment. So P&ID loses on all fronts in this case.
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by baby124: 6:42pm On Sep 08, 2019
saintol:
“Quinn knew powerful people, including the petroleum minister, who guaranteed P&ID a 20-year supply of “wet,” or unrefined, gas for a plant the company would build..."

Did this company build any gas plant? Which should come first, building of gas plant or wet gas that is to be supplied through the pipeline? If at all both parties are serious, the building of the gas plant and pipeline to supply the wet gas should be done at the same time. It is not even a situation whereby the company had fulfilled its own part of the contract which is construction of gas plant such that this gas plant is now rendered redundant without the provision of pipeline to supply the wet gas. Where is the construction site of the gas plant that the company agreed to provide in the contract? What is the level of work at this site? For someone to breach a contract, then you must have fulfilled you own part of the contract which must have amounted to a certain degree of loss to you as a result of the inability of the other party in the contract to fulfil his own part of the contract. Where is the gas plant the company said it will provide?
They built nothing. Even the $40m allegedly invested was a lie. They are trying to build a case on future profits of something they did not invest in, in any capacity. Neither did they obviously have the capacity to complete or even secure the contract in the first place. The contract was not even legally authorized or signed. Fraud everywhere and all over.

2 Likes

Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by bendike: 7:54pm On Sep 08, 2019
baby124:

First, the said court has no jurisdiction on this case so whatever judgement was gotten was a kangaroo judgment. Also, the company had been defeated in America and if the so called judge knew his profession he would know that the case had no legal right to be heard in his court. Now, the FG can file an appeal or even sue the company, judge and co-conspirators to court for filing a fraudulent case and committing fraud against the federal republic of Nigeria. There is sufficient legal backing that none of the assets of Nigeria can be seized by this judgment. So P&ID loses on all fronts in this case.
I hope your submission holds ground and we can get out of this mess because it will be devastating to our economy if p&id succeeds.
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by Chimookigwe: 8:20pm On Sep 08, 2019
[s]
kirkwood:

Going through your online records, I assume you're an APC or government-sponsored PR, and you wont eat without working hard to defend them. There is no need joining any silly issue with you. I wish you and your intense stupidity the best. Please go and read your Arbitration law and the arbitration clause to the Agreement well. You're doing a very poor job at image-making
[/s]

When your single-digit IQ fails you, you resort to adhominen attacks.

I don't blame you. When you're a nonentity with the character of a sewer rat and the reputation of a pickpocket, why won't you think everyone is a hired gun like your wretched self.

You're a stupid nonentity from a long lineage of lunatics and I condemn you to eternal idiocy.

1 Like

Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by CeterisXVII: 8:53pm On Sep 08, 2019
SamuelOjua:
Since the government is not using the money to develop the country in landmark projects. Let them give P$ID their money
Who the $9b Ebb? Goodluck Jonathan is the most irresponsible leader I have known. He should port to Islam
What does Jonathan have to do with all this?

Yaradua was President when the deal was signed. After Yar'adua died and the case was brought to the attention of Jonathan, he asked for a negotiation to be conducted.

The company later agreed to a settlement of 850 million USD. The legal adviser who represented Nigeria during the arbitration, had suggested 250 million USD as final settlement. sad

On this basis, Jonathan advised a further re-negotiation. The amount was reduced to 650 million by the company. undecided

At thw time this was confirmed, it was just 5 days to Jonathan's handing over of government to Buhari. So he left it for the incoming govt to handle.

If he had signed off on the money, 5 days to his handover, many people would have accused him of corruption.

What did Buhari's govt do? They ignored the whole matter until it got out of hand. Now, they have to pay 9.6 billion USD. Yet you are still shouting Jonathan up and down, when PMB's govt dropped the ball.

Government is a continuum, my friend....

tiwiex:
Yaradua signed the contract bros. GEJ did the next best thing considering the clauses in the agreement. GEJs problem is that he is not a noise maker. He could have spent the time blaming Yaradua for signing such but we would have abused him that he was part of that government too. I didn't even know the man was popular in the North as Adamu. We never have enough info on some of the things we talk about. Sometimes, being a spectator is just fine in Nigeria matter.

I concur. sad You are very correct. But the Attorney general and Minister of Justice, failed to investigate and highlight the fraudulent acts of P & ID, and lay them bare before the arbitration panel.
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by CeterisXVII: 8:55pm On Sep 08, 2019
Jones4190:
P&ID have no right to sue Nigeria in united kingdom Court over a deal that happen in Nigeria.
P&ID or any other company or person can not sue Nigeria government because of sovereign immunity.
Sovereign immunity is a legal doctrines that protect the country from legal cases even when the country is wrong.
A country can only sue when it waives its sovereign immunity.
So therefore P&ID can has no right to sue Nigeria government or ministry of petroleum resources, which is consider executive arms of government

You know nothing about the law. When a sovereign nation enters into a commercial transaction, it can be sued.
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by CeterisXVII: 8:58pm On Sep 08, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

there were different minister of petroleum under Gej and Yaradua. I think Rilwanu Lukman under Yaradua is late already .
Rilwan Lukman signed the deal but this idiot will focus on Madueke who inherited this mess

Dr Mohammed Barkindo, who was GMD of NNPC back then and he was the one who signed
on behalf of NNPC then. he was nominated as the
current Secretary General of the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries by buhari. they are protecting him and his like from prosecution
Mohammed Barkindo was the GMD of NNPC. But please get your facts straight. He never signed on behalf of NNPC. He signed on behalf of the Nigerian govt.
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by asamaigho(m): 9:51pm On Sep 08, 2019
SamuelOjua:
Since the government is not using the money to develop the country in landmark projects. Let them give P$ID their money
Who the $9b Ebb? Goodluck Jonathan is the most irresponsible leader I have known. He should port to Islam

it started in 2008 under yaradua regime...guy read na.
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by asamaigho(m): 9:55pm On Sep 08, 2019
executive12:
With the revelations from Bloomberg, if the FG gets competent Lawyers, they will not only win an appeal against the billion dollars judgement but will actually get the company to pay Nigeria for fraud.
In addition, T.Y. Danjuma's company should also be sueing them for fraud. They should at least be made to refund Danjuma the $40m he gave them for feasibility study which they claimed to have spent from their pocket.
Bunch of fraudsters.

men $40m for feasibility studies...yet they paid,...we quoted $10m for a.sapetro project and said our cost was to high! blackman is d problem of blackman.
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by CeterisXVII: 10:06pm On Sep 08, 2019
Chimookigwe:
The problem they have is not just just of performance, but Nigeria is not introducing the defence of fraud by the company which is dangerous for the company.

The UK would be forced to investigate and the promoters of the company would be in trouble. They are facing pressure from their backers and that's why they are suing for settlement.

TY Danjuma lent the company 40M USD, what was their collateral for the loan? Equity, interests, percentage of profits?

Those who have facts are already removing themselves from the company, don't be more Catholic than the Pope.

TY Danjuma did NOT lend the company 40 million USD. Michael Quinn stole the project idea from Danjuma, after Danjuma had spent 40 million USD in the preliminary studies.

When Danjuma discovered, he was livid. He took it up with Quinn, but nothing came out of it.
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by LoveDecay(m): 11:35pm On Sep 08, 2019
[Comment withdrawn]
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by DeepSight(m): 4:12pm On Jan 03, 2020
plaetton:

The company is standing on sound legal footing.

Nah, the whole thing was one big quack scam all the way.
Happy new year bro. Long time.
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by plaetton: 6:46pm On Jan 03, 2020
DeepSight:

Nah, the whole thing was one big quack scam all the way.
Happy new year bro. Long time.

Heyyyyy !
Long Long time my good friend.
Happy New year.
Nice to see you(read from you ) again.

How have you been ?
Re: $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG by DeepSight(m): 6:40pm On Jan 04, 2020
plaetton:

Heyyyyy !
Long Long time my good friend.
Happy New year.
Nice to see you(read from you ) again.

How have you been ?

I dey, padi!
Its been yonks.

Hows life?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bomb Blast In Kano / How Tinubu Diverted N22.4bn, $4.4m From Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters / DSS Confirms Plot By Disgruntled Elements For Interim Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.