Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,761 members, 7,813,522 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

What Food Do You Miss Eating? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Food Do You Miss Eating? (1877 Views)

Nairalanders,what Type Of Food Do You Hate/detest Most / Which Food Do You Enjoying Cooking Most? / What Food Do You Never Get Tired Of Eating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Food Do You Miss Eating? by InkedNerd(f): 7:59am On Oct 28, 2010
[size=13pt]Hi everyone. I just wanted to know, what foods do you all miss eating regardless as to whether or not you live in Naija or elsewhere. [/size]
Re: What Food Do You Miss Eating? by leegrace: 12:55pm On Oct 28, 2010
Well i am losing my weight these days so i miss cakes, cookies and fast food, cry
Re: What Food Do You Miss Eating? by GeorgeD1(m): 6:14pm On Oct 28, 2010
fura de nunu! grin
Re: What Food Do You Miss Eating? by Fhemmmy: 7:46pm On Oct 28, 2010
I miss Gala
I miss Agonyi beans with Agege bread
Re: What Food Do You Miss Eating? by Phate07(m): 10:51pm On Oct 28, 2010

I miss ofe nsala. They dont serve it here on this space station.
angry
Re: What Food Do You Miss Eating? by InkedNerd(f): 4:39am On Oct 29, 2010
leegrace:

Well i am losing my weight these days so i miss cakes, cookies and fast food, cry

Eh ya. Who says yo can't eat those while tryin' to lose weight?

Phate07:

I miss ofe nsala. They dont serve it here on this space station.
angry

Mmmm, I just had some a couple of weeks ago grin. Yum.
Re: What Food Do You Miss Eating? by Phate07(m): 6:43am On Oct 29, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Mmmm, I just had some a couple of weeks ago grin. Yum.

Ok. You have succeeded in thoroughly reminding me. It has been close to a year now since i last had one. Am getting me some ofe nsala soonest!
Re: What Food Do You Miss Eating? by InkedNerd(f): 7:21am On Oct 29, 2010
Phate07:

Ok. You have succeeded in thoroughly reminding me. It has been close to a year now since i last had one. Am getting me some ofe nsala soonest!

Eh ya, I'm sorry cry. If it makes you feel better there are some foods I haven't tasted since I was a little kid and I miss those as well.
Re: What Food Do You Miss Eating? by Phate07(m): 8:45am On Oct 29, 2010

^^Ofe nsala is not really the end of the world. sad One food i would surely not like to do without is definitely my egusi soup. wink But i still miss ofe nsala!
Re: What Food Do You Miss Eating? by InkedNerd(f): 9:20am On Oct 29, 2010
Chai, your making me hungry. There are still some Nigerian foods that I eat but sometimes not having all the ingredients or substituting ingredients is annoying, especially if you can't get them right away. Can't wait to go back home cry.
Re: What Food Do You Miss Eating? by Phate07(m): 9:32am On Oct 29, 2010

From your comments i guess you are an Igbo girl. Me i believe we Ibos have the best range of delicious foods and have an equally large appetite. wink From ofe akwu to uha soup, just name it and am game.
Re: What Food Do You Miss Eating? by InkedNerd(f): 10:17am On Oct 29, 2010
Phate07:

From your comments i guess you are an Igbo girl. Me i believe we Ibos have the best range of delicious foods and have an equally large appetite. wink From ofe akwu to uha soup, just name it and am game.

Hehehe, yes I'm an Igbo girl. I've never had Yoruba food before. Yupp, you're right Ibo food is great.
Re: What Food Do You Miss Eating? by Phate07(m): 10:35am On Oct 29, 2010

Have only tasted yoruba food once, didn't like it much(when i was quite little). Nne isi iwu onye ibo, immakwe asusu anyi? Odi mma nwa afo igbo imma igbo asu. wink
Re: What Food Do You Miss Eating? by GeorgeD1(m): 10:42am On Oct 29, 2010
phate,
'yoruba food' that you mentioned is too generic. can you say which specific yoruba food your talking about?
Re: What Food Do You Miss Eating? by Phate07(m): 10:50am On Oct 29, 2010
George_D:

phate,
'yoruba food' that you mentioned is too generic. can you say which specific yoruba food your talking about?

Cant really remember, am not much of a 'yoruba foods' person.

Another local delicacy i like is edikan ikon soup. Have you tasted it? Have you tasted it? You should try it. Its really sweet, esp if well cooked. wink
Re: What Food Do You Miss Eating? by InkedNerd(f): 10:57am On Oct 29, 2010
Phate07:

Have only tasted yoruba food once, didn't like it much(when i was quite little). Nne isi iwu onye ibo, immakwe asusu anyi? Odi mma nwa afo igbo imma igbo asu. wink

Yes, I'm Ibo. At the moment, my Igbo isn't very good but I'm working on it. I know its not good that I don't speak Igbo well, but I'm trying wink.
Re: What Food Do You Miss Eating? by Phate07(m): 11:28am On Oct 29, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Yes, I'm Ibo. At the moment, my Igbo isn't very good but I'm working on it. I know its not good that I don't speak Igbo well, but I'm trying wink.

Nne idi okay! Odimma na ina aghota. They are some people that dont even understand it all.
undecided
Re: What Food Do You Miss Eating? by InkedNerd(f): 12:11pm On Oct 29, 2010
Phate07:

Nne idi okay! Odimma na ina aghota. They are some people that dont even understand it all.
undecided

Thanks, do you live in Naija or elsewhere?
Re: What Food Do You Miss Eating? by Phate07(m): 12:16pm On Oct 29, 2010

Am a comfirmed naija pickin. Born and bred in Naija! wink Why ask?
Re: What Food Do You Miss Eating? by GeorgeD1(m): 12:22pm On Oct 29, 2010
Phate07:

Cant really remember, am not much of a 'yoruba foods' person.

Another local delicacy i like is edikan ikon soup. Have you tasted it? Have you tasted it? You should try it. Its really sweet, esp if well cooked. wink

ok. i've tried edikan ikon soup and its very good when well prepared but if an unskilled person prepares it, you won't like to touch it.
Re: What Food Do You Miss Eating? by InkedNerd(f): 5:27pm On Oct 29, 2010
Phate07:

Am a comfirmed naija pickin. Born and bred in Naija! wink Why ask?

I kinda assumed that if you lived in Nigeria, that some of the soups you missed would be at your disposal more than someone else who lived elsewhere. I guess it was a silly thought undecided
Re: What Food Do You Miss Eating? by Phate07(m): 5:34pm On Oct 29, 2010

It does not mean. It depends on current locale. Where i am now, all those delicacies are not available. cool
Re: What Food Do You Miss Eating? by InkedNerd(f): 5:51pm On Oct 29, 2010
Phate07:

It does not mean. It depends on current locale. Where i am now, all those delicacies are not available. cool

Eh ya, ndo cry. Sometimes when I'm somewhere and I smell a particular scent and it reminds me of certain Nigerian dishes, then I start reminiscing cry
Re: What Food Do You Miss Eating? by Phate07(m): 6:29pm On Oct 29, 2010

It is no biggie sis, it'll pass right over. Though i dont play with my stomach, i know when to call it quits. My future wifey must have a profound understanding of the culinary arts. wink
Re: What Food Do You Miss Eating? by InkedNerd(f): 6:43pm On Oct 29, 2010
Phate07:

It is no biggie sis, it'll pass right over. Though i dont play with my stomach, i know when to call it quits. My future wifey must have a profound understanding of the culinary arts. wink

lol, you sound like my best friend. I can never separate him from his food.
Re: What Food Do You Miss Eating? by Phate07(m): 6:57pm On Oct 29, 2010

No ma'am, dont compare me to no one. cool Am unique! I eat to live not live to eat. I love only good food, truss me. wink
Re: What Food Do You Miss Eating? by InkedNerd(f): 7:03pm On Oct 29, 2010
Phate07:

No ma'am, dont compare me to no one. cool Am unique! I eat to live not live to eat. I love only good food, truss me. wink

lol sorry o. The boy engulfs everything. With the way he eats and the fact that he doesn't exercise you'd think he's be fat but instead he's leaned and toned.
Re: What Food Do You Miss Eating? by Phate07(m): 7:36pm On Oct 29, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

lol sorry o. The boy engulfs everything. With the way he eats and the fact that he doesn't exercise you'd think he's be fat but instead he's leaned and toned.

He should exercise more, it is good for the body. As for me, i normally do atleast 20push-ups each morning and also bench weights when am near one. cool
How's your friend keeping lean and fit if he does not exercise regularly? Maybe he's not eating foods rich in fat. Or maybe he just has a fast body metabolism that converts the food into energy without storing it as fat.
Re: What Food Do You Miss Eating? by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 30, 2010
Correct Pounded Yam with Ogbono Soup mixed with goat and cow meat. Chai, my bodi just shake as I dey take mention this food. Chai, I don suffer for obodo America o. cry
Re: What Food Do You Miss Eating? by madlady(f): 6:58am On Oct 30, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

[size=13pt]Hi everyone. I just wanted to know, what foods do you all miss eating regardless as to whether or not you live in Naija or elsewhere. [/size]

My mum's oxtail,the big juicy bits not the tiny bit at the tip of the tail. Sorry @Inked_Nerd embarassed
My my dad's chicken soup.
A particular Parmesan Cheese my ex brought back from Italy. It was so fattening that I had to go on a juice fast to lose the weight I gained from eating kilos of it embarassed.
Re: What Food Do You Miss Eating? by InkedNerd(f): 7:21am On Oct 30, 2010
Phate07:

He should exercise more, it is good for the body. As for me, i normally do atleast 20push-ups each morning and also bench weights when am near one. cool
How's your friend keeping lean and fit if he does not exercise regularly? Maybe he's not eating foods rich in fat. Or maybe he just has a fast body metabolism that converts the food into energy without storing it as fat.

Yes eats a lot of processed, high calorie, greasy food. Basically, anything that would give you a major heart attack is what he eats. If I offered him a bite from my veggie sandwich or some of my veggie pizza he'd run off screaming bloody murder. With all honesty, I'm truly baffled by how in shape he looks.

madlady:

My mum's oxtail,the big juicy bits not the tiny bit at the tip of the tail. Sorry @Inked_Nerd embarassed
My my dad's chicken soup.
A particular[b] Parmesan Cheese[/b] my ex brought back from Italy. It was so fattening that I had to go on a juice fast to lose the weight I gained from eating kilos of it embarassed.

Mmmm, paremsan cheese. I love cheese, but I can't eat too much of it. . . It makes me breakout. There are some things I can eat if they have some cheese on it but for the most part dairy makes me breakout cry.

omo_to_dun:

Correct Pounded Yam with Ogbono Soup mixed with goat and cow meat. Chai, my bodi just shake as I dey take mention this food. Chai, I don suffer for obodo America o. cry

Eh ya, I'll make some for you then you won't be suffering anymore wink.
Re: What Food Do You Miss Eating? by madlady(f): 7:46am On Oct 30, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

[size=12pt][font=times]

Mmmm, paremsan cheese. I love cheese, but I can't eat too much of it. . . It makes me breakout. There are some things I can eat if they have some cheese on it but for the most part dairy makes me breakout cry.

I ADORE it, I could eat it on/with everything but I really would get fat.

So it gives you breakouts, I've heard that said by many but I thought it was a myth.

I taught my ex to add it to a Nigerian dish that looks like thick mash potatoes, it's absolutely delicious.

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Strongest Alcoholic Beverages In The World That Would Knock You Down / Online Cake And Pastries Class With Sweetslices Cakes 'n' More / Viju Milk. Which Flavour?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.