Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her (41841 Views)

Teenage Girl Sets School On Fire, Kills 19 Students Over Seized Phone / 18-year-old Girl Sets Lover Ablaze After Quarrel In Benue / Lady Who Set Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her (Graphic Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her by Nobody: 2:36am On Sep 09, 2019
Re: Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her by Mummymahdi(f): 2:54am On Sep 09, 2019
pure illiteracy and abject poverty na d 2 things whey kill this girl. ba Arabic ba boko
Re: Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:01am On Sep 09, 2019
Things are not financially smiling for me, yet neighbours and church members are telling me to go and marry. They want me to be like them borrowing money up and down for their children school fees, house rent, wife take away e.t.c.
Rich people are the ones permitted to give advice on marriage, not an indebted poor average person

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her by Oritsewhandey(m): 3:15am On Sep 09, 2019
UAE123:
Too bad
It goes a long way to explain the rot caused by this BUHARI GOVERNMENT WHO HIJACKED PEOPLE'S. MANDATES. Sad.
Re: Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her by Zonto231(m): 3:39am On Sep 09, 2019
Please don’t say that she likes suffering,no one will ever choose to be born into a poor family,and success isn’t made by how much you strife.its all by Gods grace.she was only seeking for happiness but she took the wrong decision to show her grievances
GrabHisBalls:
She'll now live with the consequences of her action. If she's dated for long and just 17, then I wonder when she began dating?

The guy should've married her on credit since she wanted marriage that badly. Person wey no fit pay 17k dowry in today's Nigerian economy, then I wonder what he could pay for say in another 5yrs? Some women love suffering. grin
Re: Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her by TeamSimple(m): 3:50am On Sep 09, 2019
001spice:
imagin gal way suppose dey skul.she dey tink of marriage. honenstly nigeria would have been a better place without this illitrate northener's
Hypocrisy like we haven’t seen or read of a secondary school girl southerner taking snipper because her school boyfriend dumped her . Na everything una Dey take flex muscles over the northerners even when our own people are worst on the situation .

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her by 9jaRealist: 4:27am On Sep 09, 2019
emeijeh:
".....the girl’s father said he had no money to take her to the hospital as he could only boast of N750 at the time the incident happened,” he said".

Poverty wrap this country, I swear!
Na airtime money the old man get home and away cry

Doubt it’s poverty...
Wouldn’t be surprised if he has more than one wife.

To be brutally honest, it’s about values...
Even the poorest persons in many parts of Nigeria will BEG to save their kids’ life.
>

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her by 9jaRealist: 4:30am On Sep 09, 2019
Mummymahdi:
pure illiteracy and abject poverty na d 2 things whey kill this girl. ba Arabic ba boko

The former perpetuates the latter...
But instead of confronting it, their rulers hide behind culture and religion. SMH
>
Re: Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her by 001spice: 4:30am On Sep 09, 2019
u dnt even knw where am frm yet u r attacking me. u jst show again that truelly that northerner's are full of illitrate. since u dnt knw the difference btw marriage n dating.
Re: Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her by 9jaRealist: 4:36am On Sep 09, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
She'll now live with the consequences of her action. If she's dated for long and just 17, then I wonder when she began dating?

The guy should've married her on credit since she wanted marriage that badly. Person wey no fit pay 17k dowry in today's Nigerian economy, then I wonder what he could pay for say in another 5yrs? Some women love suffering. grin

Doubt that it’s regular dating...
More likely she was “betrothed” very early in life.
>
Re: Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her by Nobody: 4:47am On Sep 09, 2019
001spice:
imagin gal way suppose dey skul.she dey tink of marriage. honenstly nigeria would have been a better place without this illitrate northener's

and criminal drug dealers
Re: Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her by trustworthy1(f): 4:48am On Sep 09, 2019
A girl that should even be thinking of furthering her education or better still learn trade etc.
I don't think she loves her future children because if she does, she should have ensured that she gets things right before thinking of marriage.
Anyway I'm not surprised cos some of them from that part of the country are too backward.
All they know is increasing the population of the country thereby increasing the number of almajiris, malnourished children and some of them end up causing nuisance in the country.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her by amanaamana: 4:48am On Sep 09, 2019
This is true Love.
Re: Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her by 001spice: 4:54am On Sep 09, 2019
u pple shud better develop the north with education rather than focus on cow development.
Re: Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her by godofuck231: 4:59am On Sep 09, 2019
Poor man problem no be money , na bad attitude of making bad and dangerous decisions and hitting the destruction button when ever faced with challenges
Re: Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her by favour32(m): 5:09am On Sep 09, 2019
emeijeh:
".....the girl’s father said he had no money to take her to the hospital as he could only boast of N750 at the time the incident happened,” he said".

Naija cast die!
Poverty headquarters of the world.
Re: Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her by siant: 5:10am On Sep 09, 2019
Abouwaza:
Who curse north abeg
I know misfortune people like you will spit gibberish.
What about girls in south that committed suicide because of jiltery? Havent you heard of university undergraduates recently who drank sniper because their boy friends dumped them? But because you lack good reasoning brain you will tur everything to regional sentiment.
Re: Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her by loswhite(m): 5:16am On Sep 09, 2019
Fake news
Re: Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her by hopexter(m): 5:34am On Sep 09, 2019
If she burns herself because of a man who could not afford her dowry out of Billions of men, then what about her dad who only had #750 to his name? I think the anger and disappointed is caused by poverty of her parents. If her parents were fully financially buoyant, she wouldn't care about the issue because if she truly loves him, she would provide the money for the marriage. undecided
Re: Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her by jaggedboi(m): 5:35am On Sep 09, 2019
Ok. So after her actions, the guy don maery her?
Re: Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her by spiceadole: 5:37am On Sep 09, 2019
Austineva:
Nsogbu dikwa. That one need sense o. Just imagine at 17yrs she is already desperate to marry. Then , what will then happen to Rita Dominic them and etc. She no even pure herself better fuel sef

She doesn't want to get to Rita Dominic and co age without marriage.
She has seen and heard how the Nigerian society insults unmarried women.
Besides,na Hausa geh.
They marry very early.
17 is too old
Re: Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her by Alitair(m): 5:43am On Sep 09, 2019
17000 and the boyfriend can not afford it. I don't see any reason to blame the Igbos who hustle hard for the money...
Try marrying from IMO state so you will understand. The 17000 na for just introduction drink
Re: Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her by Nobody: 6:19am On Sep 09, 2019
siant:
I know misfortune people like you will spit gibberish.
What about girls in south that committed suicide because of jiltery? Havent you heard of university undergraduates recently who drank sniper because their boy friends dumped them? But because you lack good reasoning brain you will tur everything to regional sentiment.
Okay sir
Lol
Re: Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her by Darevofpeace(m): 6:59am On Sep 09, 2019
GrabHisBalls:

I would not repeat past generational mistakes,I must have a stable financial resources not in the league of Dangote and Otedola anyways,before I could ever consider marriage.
The fact is that things do not get easier in the future.The economy is still not doing well as regards cost of living and prices of basic commodities.
Re: Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her by kulikuli45: 7:03am On Sep 09, 2019
emeijeh:

Yet him wan collect a whole N17,000 as dowry. The irony.
Re: Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her by YorubaKing: 7:05am On Sep 09, 2019
Passionate888:
This marriage of a thing sef

Buhari sef

IPOB Okoro spotted! grin Everything na Buhari fault.. never accept responsibilities grin
Re: Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her by Gordonz07(m): 7:20am On Sep 09, 2019
Zamfara is a state where jss3 girls who are just between the ages of 13 and 15yrs keep on talking about getting married to any man who seek their hand in marriage. I am not surprise such new is coming out from that place.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her by Gloriousheart(f): 7:20am On Sep 09, 2019
Seriously, who did the North this kind of thing?! undecided
At 17, shouldn't she be more concerned about school?
So is it now that she is burnt or scarred with burns that he will marry her? Hmm. Knowing the North, even other would have been suitors may not come near again cos of the scars. God heal her.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her by Fallenhunter: 7:24am On Sep 09, 2019
If they loved each other them get married ? Why this evil tradition of dowry? Mehr needs to be removed from Islam.

Also the father has only 750 and wants 17,000 Naira ? What a greedy and foolish man.
Re: Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her by frozen70(f): 7:25am On Sep 09, 2019
Any beast that engages teenagers in sex will never know peace

What does a teenager like her have to offer in marriage of poverty and premature minds

Even the father is a nuisance

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:36am On Sep 09, 2019
GrabHisBalls:

see as bride price de affordable here oooo... but is this story true...
Re: Zamfara Girl Sets Herself On Fire Over Fiance’s Inability To Marry Her by mechanics(m): 8:10am On Sep 09, 2019
Wow, see free dowry o, when some people are paying thousands of naira for dowry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Child Tortured And Chained In Abia (Disturbing Photos) / Soldiers Arrested 22-Year-Old Female IPOB/ESN Member Caught In Terrorists' Camp / Gloria Makanjuola Jailed In UK For Robbery And Theft (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.