Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,673 members, 7,823,905 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Whole Ondo State Was Under Benin Kingdom Except OWO - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Whole Ondo State Was Under Benin Kingdom Except OWO (9588 Views)

Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife / Nigerian Man Visits British Museum, Spots Stolen Benin Kingdom Artifacts. Photos / Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whole Ondo State Was Under Benin Kingdom Except OWO by samuk: 8:25pm On Oct 02, 2021
OGUN622:
first there is nothing like "Ogiamen language" it is Edo language since Ogiamen speak the language the other seventy three families speak,

And also you never thanked me on the Iyase lecture I gave you, or maybe give a rebutall and provide the proof I asked

And also you never answered my question what you meant by central language and if Benin city's tongue is different from other Edo clans, I would like you to answer those ones before.

And what words you think were borrowed, let's begin to check and see which one was borrowed or which was not I would like you to answer those ones before we can continue

That one nigga (a Yoruba)has done justice to one topic, by whose judgement? You?

Ogiso of course is not a myth,(we have their descendants in Bini,they greet delaiso,the Ogisos were weak rulers which thier rulership evolved from within, all the over thirty Ogisos were Edos. What I meant is that the Oba's emergence from the Ogiso line and the counter story of Oranmiyan coming from Ife is the myth. Oba is a pure Edo man from Oza. Ovbi'umogun'Oza-that is what the Oba's descendants is called when he greet his morning greetings- child of the Owner of Ogun from Oza

Ogun my nigga is Edo, just as it is Yoruba, the worship pattern is not the same. The Binis have been Ironsmith from time immemorial, that is how the worship of Iron began. Iron is Ogun in Edo-Singular. While Igun means Irons(plural) Iron.(we don't erect an altar for Esu in Edo and we don't worship Esu which you guys call the trickster. Or do you have any proof it was borrowed

Olokun is also Edo-Olokun means the Owner of the sea, the Edos have access to the water through Ughoton and Urhonigbe-Ethiope river These are Gods worshipped by all Edo clans.

Orunmila, Aiyelala, and others I can confidently say was borrowed but they are worshipped by some few sects in Benin, unlike those ones which are general gods worshipped by all Edos

Ekiophagha treaty has nothing to do with aborigine whatsoever, there are more complex "fight" within outside the Ekiophagha treaty that the Oba embark upon before Ascending the throne. He goes to Udo, Urhonigbe, Use, Egor, Uselu and the river Okwahe. The Ekiophagha is just one of those rites.

Nice one, but would they learn. Benin is just too deep, well established and complex for any tribe to try still her history. Well done.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whole Ondo State Was Under Benin Kingdom Except OWO by OGUN622: 8:49pm On Oct 02, 2021
samuk:

Nice one, but would they learn. Benin is just too deep, well established and complex for any tribe to try still her history. Well done.
domo cool
Re: Whole Ondo State Was Under Benin Kingdom Except OWO by Olu317(m): 6:25am On Oct 05, 2021
OGUN622:
first there is nothing like "Ogiamen language" it is Edo language since Ogiamen speak the language the other seventy three families speak,

And also you never thanked me on the Iyase lecture I gave you, or maybe give a rebutall and provide the proof I asked

And also you never answered my question what you meant by central language and if Benin city's tongue is different from other Edo clans, I would like you to answer those ones before.

And what words you think were borrowed, let's begin to check and see which one was borrowed or which was not I would like you to answer those ones before we can continue

That one nigga (a Yoruba)has done justice to one topic, by whose judgement? You?

Ogiso of course is not a myth,(we have their descendants in Bini,they greet delaiso,the Ogisos were weak rulers which thier rulership evolved from within, all the over thirty Ogisos were Edos. What I meant is that the Oba's emergence from the Ogiso line and the counter story of Oranmiyan coming from Ife is the myth. Oba is a pure Edo man from Oza. Ovbi'umogun'Oza-that is what the Oba's descendants is called when he greet his morning greetings- child of the Owner of Ogun from Oza

Ogun my nigga is Edo, just as it is Yoruba, the worship pattern is not the same. The Binis have been Ironsmith from time immemorial, that is how the worship of Iron began. Iron is Ogun in Edo-Singular. While Igun means Irons(plural) Iron.(we don't erect an altar for Esu in Edo and we don't worship Esu which you guys call the trickster. Or do you have any proof it was borrowed

Olokun is also Edo-Olokun means the Owner of the sea, the Edos have access to the water through Ughoton and Urhonigbe-Ethiope river These are Gods worshipped by all Edo clans.

Orunmila, Aiyelala, and others I can confidently say was borrowed but they are worshipped by some few sects in Benin, unlike those ones which are general gods worshipped by all Edos

Ekiophagha treaty has nothing to do with aborigine whatsoever, there are more complex "fight" within outside the Ekiophagha treaty that the Oba embark upon before Ascending the throne. He goes to Udo, Urhonigbe, Use, Egor, Uselu and the river Okwahe. The Ekiophagha is just one of those rites.
If one says, Ogiamien's ! Should it not occur to you, one refers to Ogiso dynasty's spoken language ? Anyway, obviously, you're new here and need know these things had been trashed before.

Meanwhile, Ogun is a royal name in Yorualand,which was loaned into Edo lexiconthrough Yorubas.

The name itself has a part it played in Yoruba creation myth,which was just celebrated prebious week ago that ended on the 25th of September 2021 in honouring Ogun's personality as the path clearer for creation of light to emanate through.

Furthermore, Bini dictionary agrees to the fact the name"Olo"-"Ogun" was loaned from Yoruba,which happens to be associated with Oba Bini's name.

So,irrespective of how you feel,, archeological system aswell as monarchial system support the influence and descendants of Oranmiyan are your kings and their family members. This is the reason for Ekiokphaga treaty, which identify your king as foreigner in Igodomigodo.
Re: Whole Ondo State Was Under Benin Kingdom Except OWO by toregunjoelz: 8:26pm On Oct 12, 2021
While all this endless debates of binis and yorubas is dragging,d north re busy ruling you guys like an inexperienced driver,you all better channel your energy towards electing good leaders come 2023
Re: Whole Ondo State Was Under Benin Kingdom Except OWO by samuk: 3:01pm On Oct 13, 2021
toregunjoelz:
While all this endless debates of binis and yorubas is dragging,d north re busy ruling you guys like an inexperienced driver,you all better channel your energy towards electing good leaders come 2023

Nigeria has been on a reverse gear since the coup d'état on 15 January 1966. It will be very difficult to change the political system that was created after the coup, the problem is not who is ruling, there are more poverty and illiteracy in the North compared yo South.

The political system is the problem, it will be suicidal for anyone that attempts to change it, just as it cost the life of the person that gave us the current system.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is 'traditional' To The Igbo? | Gịnị Bụ Omẹnàlà Na Ányá Ńdí Ìgbò? / Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? / Hausa Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.