Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,766 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

Appeal To All "Online Entrepreneurs" And Emergency Motivational Speakers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Appeal To All "Online Entrepreneurs" And Emergency Motivational Speakers (312 Views)

5 Habits That Make A Successful Online Entrepreneurs / 5 Ways Online Entrepreneurs Can Make Money Online With A Website / Please The Online Entrepreneurs In The House Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appeal To All "Online Entrepreneurs" And Emergency Motivational Speakers by chemgee: 9:30pm On Sep 08, 2019
This is an appeal to all "Online Entrepreneurs" and Emergency motivational speakers(hustlers). You folks are doing more harm than good.

My experience..

My very close friend Dele(not real name) was invited by a church(has FIRE in its name) as a keynote speaker on a business seminar organized for its youths. The theme of the seminar is HOW TO BE YOUR OWN BOSS. They underwent various skill acquisition classes(soaps, bags, cakes & livestock farming).
My friend Dele was meant to share his "Testimony" on his business exploits, I had no problems with such arrangements if only he told the fucking truth, he was just pushing young fragile people into the fantasy world of becoming their own bosses, sugar coating it with his fake achievements..
Dele approached me some years back to partner with him and establish an agro processing(Garri) plant he said was sure will yield excellent returns, young guys who just finished NYSC with some reasonable savings, I trusted him to the extent of sending my share of the start up capital ahead of my arrival, he finished the place according to plan but:
1. Dele has already registered the biz as he's (sole proprietorship) as against our agreement of partnership (as stated in the business plan we drafted).
2. He real motivation about the Biz was from "online farmers" & Ebooks on the biz
3. I was very stupid to trust him because of his Prayerful & "Christian" lifestyle, I said to myself "he can't cheat"
4. The biz crashed immediately it took off... like IMMEDIATELY. To me that was poetic justice.
I've already forgiven him for his double crossing, I saw it as my mistake, I see this phase in my life as unlearning, relearning & learnt the hard way. I worked with him to revive the biz cos I needed the experience and knowledge, but I made no more financial commitments, all our efforts were in vain.. We Failed.
But the church that invited Dele didn't know this, the organizers never visited the office, they were deceived by pictures & motivational nuggets he puts on his social media handles. While delivering his How to be your own boss message, he stole the show, of all the speakers, he got the loudest ovation, people made him their instant mentor, some were saying God when, trust girls in cases like this, numbers were flying up and down.. I was the only one that knew the truth, the truth that:
1. The capital wasn't entirely from his hustle, it was a 50-50 partnership. He told them otherwise, they believed him.
2. The pictures of the business he used were old(few days after we launched) and was carefully edited. He even cropped me out of some.
3. Dele has no idea where the money to pay the rent which is due will come from(I just dey look am coz nothing from me), but he told them that he has 6 workers(that have long quit) under his payroll, they believed him because he showed them old pictures.
4. They see his biz as stable & growing because he dresses sharp & looks fresh. But I know that it is Npower and his brothers that sustains him. My parents sustain me.
He sold a lie & they swallowed it hook, line & sinker.. They see him as a successful entrepreneur.

He has been invited again by another branch of the same church, he's packaging another lies for gullible youths to "be their own BOSS!"

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Appeal To All "Online Entrepreneurs" And Emergency Motivational Speakers by CeterisXVII: 9:43pm On Sep 08, 2019
chemgee:
This is an appeal to all "Online Entrepreneurs" and Emergency motivational speakers(hustlers). You folks are doing more harm than good.

My experience..

My very close friend Dele(not real name) was invited by a church(has FIRE in its name) as a keynote speaker on a business seminar organized for its youths. The theme of the seminar is HOW TO BE YOUR OWN BOSS. They underwent various skill acquisition classes(soaps, bags, cakes & livestock farming).
My friend Dele was meant to share his "Testimony" on his business exploits, I had no problems with such arrangements if only he told the fucking truth, he was just pushing young fragile people into the fantasy world of becoming their own bosses, sugar coating it with his fake achievements..
Dele approached me some years back to partner with him and establish an agro processing(Garri) plant he said was sure will yield excellent returns, young guys who just finished NYSC with some reasonable savings, I trusted him to the extent of sending my share of the start up capital ahead of my arrival, he finished the place according to plan but:
1. Dele has already registered the biz as he's (sole proprietorship) as against our agreement of partnership (as stated in the business plan we drafted).
2. He real motivation about the Biz was from "online farmers" & Ebooks on the biz
3. I was very stupid to trust him because of his Prayerful & "Christian" lifestyle, I said to myself "he can't cheat"
4. The biz crashed immediately it took off... like IMMEDIATELY. To me that was poetic justice.
I've already forgiven him for his double crossing, I saw it as my mistake, I see this phase in my life as unlearning, relearning & learnt the hard way. I worked with him to revive the biz cos I needed the experience and knowledge, but I made no more financial commitments, all our efforts were in vain.. We Failed.
But the church that invited Dele didn't know this, the organizers never visited the office, they were deceived by pictures & motivational nuggets he puts on his social media handles. While delivering his How to be your own boss message, he stole the show, of all the speakers, he got the loudest ovation, people made him their instant mentor, some were saying God when, trust girls in cases like this, numbers were flying up and down.. I was the only one that knew the truth, the truth that:
1. The capital wasn't entirely from his hustle, it was a 50-50 partnership. He told them otherwise, they believed him.
2. The pictures of the business he used were old(few days after we launched) and was carefully edited. He even cropped me out of some.
3. Dele has no idea where the money to pay the rent which is due will come from(I just dey look am coz nothing from me), but he told them that he has 6 workers(that have long quit) under his payroll, they believed him because he showed them old pictures.
4. They see his biz as stable & growing because he dresses sharp & looks fresh. But I know that it is Npower and his brothers that sustains him. My parents sustain me.
He sold a lie & they swallowed it hook, line & sinker.. They see him as a successful entrepreneur.

He has been invited again by another branch of the same church, he's packaging another lies for gullible youths to "be their own BOSS!"
Na dem! Dem boku for Facebook. sad They are the "Papa motivators, visionaries, disruptors and innovators," of their generation, on their Facebook & Instagram groups. Their tool is hype and their medium, is online.

They cobble together bits and pieces of speeches made by others on the internet, and present it as their own "authentic" idea.

They have a gullible following, that hangs on their every word. One day, the chaff will be shifted from the wheat. And their fall, will be noised abroad. undecided

I keep telling people, investigate the character of the person whose wells of wisdom you want to draw from. Conduct due diligence on their so-called business experience. Carry out site visit, if possible.

But we are a microwave society, whose lives are gradually being eroded by social media images.

Thanks to editing tools, camera smart phones and cheap internet, the outliers have multiplied. People can reinvent themselves, any way they want. sad

We owe it to ourselves, to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves, before swallowing everything we are fed, hook, line and sinker.

May God help us all....
Re: Appeal To All "Online Entrepreneurs" And Emergency Motivational Speakers by chemgee: 7:58am On Sep 09, 2019
CeterisXVII:

Na dem! Dem boku for Facebook. sad They are the "Papa motivators, visionaries, disruptors and innovators," of their generation, on their Facebook & Instagram groups. Their tool is hype and their medium, is online.

They cobble together bits and pieces of speeches made by others on the internet, and present it as their own "authentic" idea.

They have a gullible following, that hangs on their every word. One day, the chaff will be shifted from the wheat. And their fall, will be noised abroad. undecided

I keep telling people, investigate the character of the person whose wells of wisdom you want to draw from. Conduct due diligence on their so-called business experience. Carry out site visit, if possible.

But we are a microwave society, whose lives are gradually being eroded by social media images.

Thanks to editing tools, camera smart phones and cheap internet, the outliers have multiplied. People can reinvent themselves, any way they want. sad

We owe it to ourselves, to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves, before swallowing everything we are fed, hook, line and sinker.

May God help us all....

they are also abundant here in nairaland, especially the business and agric sections, promising crazy ROI, & social media hasn't helped at all.. my fear is that they keep catching gullible young minds, poisoning them to hate 9-5 jobs bcoz "your salary is a bribe to distract you from building your own dreams".. suddenly everyone wants to be dangote and jack ma

1 Like

Re: Appeal To All "Online Entrepreneurs" And Emergency Motivational Speakers by ignitewatch(m): 8:15am On Sep 09, 2019
Leave them..
They'll learn from their own experience.

Entrepreneurship isn't motivational speaking.
Some so-called motivational speakers are finally turning to pastors now.
You can deceive people for ever.
#that doesn't mean #being motivated isn't good. #but rather should be done #with #truthfulness
Re: Appeal To All "Online Entrepreneurs" And Emergency Motivational Speakers by karlboss: 9:53am On Sep 09, 2019
chemgee:

they are also abundant here in nairaland, especially the business and agric sections, promising crazy ROI, & social media hasn't helped at all.. my fear is that they keep catching gullible young minds, poisoning them to hate 9-5 jobs bcoz "your salary is a bribe to distract you from building your own dreams".. suddenly everyone wants to be dangote and jack ma
angry

(1) (Reply)

Is Gtbank Ripping Off Customers On Online Transactions? / Give A Try!!! This Could Be The End Of Ur Financial Struggle!! / Window Blinds On Budget!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.