Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,887 members, 7,817,613 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Is Gtbank Ripping Off Customers On Online Transactions? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Gtbank Ripping Off Customers On Online Transactions? (315 Views)

Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira / Discos Rip Off Customers With False Promise Of Power Supply Using Faulty Tariff / Complaint: How Glo Network Systematically Rip Off Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Gtbank Ripping Off Customers On Online Transactions? by thesolutions(m): 4:02pm On Sep 09, 2019
I developed interests in providing solutions to the problems of people around me. This led me to buying items online to meet the needs of those I can call clients.

I had bought several items online using my First Bank ATM Card and noticed the deductions for payments in dollar was fixed on N360.

fast forward to today, I decided to make payment for items using my GTBank ATM card and the bank didn't add the amount debited for the transaction in the debit advice sent to both my phone and my email.

The alert came as follows.
Acct:*******6765
The Naira equivalent of USD51.82 has been authorized for the Transaction done on WWW.ALIEXPRESS.COM LONDON GB

I did some calculation with N361 per dollar and noticed difference of over N500.

Who has idea about what GTBank did.
Re: Is Gtbank Ripping Off Customers On Online Transactions? by Smarttravels(f): 4:09pm On Sep 09, 2019
thesolutions:
I developed interests in providing solutions to the problems of people around me. This led me to buying items online to meet the needs of those I can call clients.

I had bought several items online using my First Bank ATM Card and noticed the deductions for payments in dollar was fixed on N360.

fast forward to today, I decided to make payment for items using my GTBank ATM card and the bank didn't add the amount debited for the transaction in the debit advice sent to both my phone and my email.

The alert came as follows.
Acct:*******6765
The Naira equivalent of USD51.82 has been authorized for the Transaction done on WWW.ALIEXPRESS.COM LONDON GB

I did some calculation with N361 per dollar and noticed difference of over N500.

Who has idea about what GTBank did.
GTBank is known for outrageous deductions like that.
Re: Is Gtbank Ripping Off Customers On Online Transactions? by Ayoleeboy007: 4:22pm On Sep 09, 2019
gtb banks scam their customers in online transaction my 2k for a failed remita transactions is still with them even after they promise a refund,including some 1k and the rest, the best bank for online or visa card is UBA,try them.
Re: Is Gtbank Ripping Off Customers On Online Transactions? by thesolutions(m): 6:58pm On Sep 10, 2019
The guys at Gtbank has decided to send me the debit alert in Naira refunding me N100. My new calculation shows they charged me N365 per dollar on the transaction. I'm sticking with my first bank for online transactions in foreign currencies.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Window Blinds On Budget! / List Of Business You Can Start With Less Than #20, 000 Naira. / The Truth About Sport Betting And All Forms.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.