Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians (22667 Views)

Muslims, Christians Throw Stones In Ilorin Over Kwara Hijab Controversy (VIDEO) / Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation / 17 Nigerians, One Ugandan Arrested For Attacking Police Officers In Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians by GistOffer: 4:42am On Sep 09, 2019
The Ogun State Police Command has arrested nine Oro worshippers for allegedly attacking some Muslims in Idi-Iroko, in the Ipokia Local Government Area of Ogun State during the Oro festival.

The Oro adherents reportedly imposed a curfew on the people in the area on Saturday, which was defied by some Muslims in the area who went out to observe their prayers.

PUNCH Metro gathered that some Muslims and Christians resident in the area were beaten by the Oro worshippers for alleged non-compliance with the order.

It was gathered that many Muslims and Christians, who stood against the act, were also beaten and their properties vandalised.

The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Abimbola Oyeyemi confirmed that nine suspects had been arrested.

Oyeyemi identified the suspects as Idowu Desu, Monday Akinlolu, Dele Dada, Raimi Jacob, Dondo Sunday, Abiola Azeez, Olarewaju Akerele, Nurudeen Lawal and Tetede Jamiu.

The PPRO said the suspects would be charged to court for breach of peace and other criminal acts.

Narrating his ordeal in the hands of his assailants, a victim, Tolahat Yahya, alleged that the Oro worshippers destroyed his car during the festival.

Yahya, who showed our correspondent his bruised body, claimed that he and his colleagues were attacked on their way to the mosque.

He said, “We were coming back from a programme at our mosque when the Oro worshippers attacked us. They beat us because we did not comply with the curfew order.

“We stood our ground and grabbed three of them, whom we later handed over to the police.

“The intimidation is too much; they refused to allow us practise our religion despite the agreement that the Oro ritual will not be performed at daybreak; they did not obey that.”

A peace meeting was reported to have been held on Thursday between the Muslims and the Oro worshippers.

The meeting, however, ended in deadlock.

Our correspondent, who obtained a copy of the report of the peace meeting held before the Saturday attack, gathered that the traditional ruler in the community allegedly refused to sign a Memorandum of Understanding proposed by the Muslim community.

He was reported to have insisted that the community had been performing daybreak rituals for long and would not stop.

The monarch further said the Muslims must be ready to either accept the tradition or leave the community.

He said, “I am the king here and I have authority over all my subjects, which cannot be queried by anyone.

“Traditional worshippers are not criminals and any action you see them take is a counter reaction to an action.”

But in his reaction, the leader of the Muslim community advised the monarch to ensure that the community obeyed the judgment of the court that warned against observing the Oro ritual at daybreak.

The High Court sitting in Ipokia had given a judgement that the Oro adherents must desist from holding their festival at daybreak in any part of the area.

Gist from Gistmore
http://gistmore.com/police-arrest-9-oro-worshippers-for-attacking-muslims

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians by GistOffer: 4:42am On Sep 09, 2019
smiley
Re: Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians by helinues: 5:14am On Sep 09, 2019
Ok
Re: Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians by anonimi: 5:15am On Sep 09, 2019
When will all the mad.ness stop in the name of religion on all sides- traditional, Christian and Muslim?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160988_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians by b0rn2fuck(m): 5:15am On Sep 09, 2019
Good news, I'm happy for this, one of the reason I haven't step ikorodu in 10 years , remembered when I still dey used to knack ashawo then or drink to stupor, you must not near ikorodu and when my friend talks of oyaa bo detained him for 3 days when they arrested him around 10 45 pm when him codedly wan go bleep ashi, they let him go 3 days later after confirming he was innocent, since then my ears clear too. Thank God we don stop ashi, smoke and womanizing, since then life has been sweet and now realise I didn't owe any lady any weekly or monthly payment for any reason and my freedom is like someone free from kidnapper then.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians by banji1(m): 5:16am On Sep 09, 2019
I know it must be Ogun state.

Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to comprehensive lesson notes/plans for various subjects. Check my signature for details
Re: Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians by atimadesign(m): 5:17am On Sep 09, 2019
The penalty of being subjected to the idol spirit cool grin
HOUSE PLAN, Are you building your house? ATIMA are Cost-effective professionals in Building designs,cost and construction..Call or watsup +2348036336212, +2348023006540 Our services is across the federation.

Re: Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians by okomile(f): 5:18am On Sep 09, 2019
grin
Make I book space too grin grin
Re: Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians by ganiyu26(m): 5:18am On Sep 09, 2019
How can a religion held another ransom angry angry angry

5 Likes

Re: Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians by engrkaz(m): 5:18am On Sep 09, 2019
Esin o pe ki a ma se oro!!!
Re: Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians by Stanleyrays(m): 5:20am On Sep 09, 2019
I had an encounter with this 'ORO'people back den in Lagos.
These pple are deadlybut God saved us DAT day

7 Likes

Re: Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians by Sojicool(m): 5:24am On Sep 09, 2019
The people that take your people for ritual purpose back then like badoo and others you didn't use oro to fight them at night but fighting the innocent citizens.

15 Likes

Re: Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians by zeedof(m): 5:28am On Sep 09, 2019
See headlines and see comments bellow between nairaland Muslims and xtian..

When this news was on fp last week that Muslim female protesting agaist this oro, some Christian were bashing them. Now they are either quiet or bashing the Oro worshipers...

The wey Nigerian or Nairaland take carry religion for head dey disturb Nigeria or Nairaland itself

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians by Fatherofdragons: 5:34am On Sep 09, 2019
Look at the way yorobers are fighting each other shamelessly because of religion. Abi yorobers love themselves die?

Abi una be one family?

I thought in each yorober homes, the family members have different religions ie the papa na Muslim, mama na Christian, Uncle na oro worshipper, aunty na ifa worshipper and they tolerate themselves so what's all these wans?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:40am On Sep 09, 2019
The church is marching on and the gates of hell cannot prevail.

Devil is a liar!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians by Starhearts: 5:40am On Sep 09, 2019
b0rn2fuck:
Good news, I'm happy for this, one of the reason I haven't step ikorodu in 10 years , remembered when I still used to knack ashawo then or drink to stupor, you must not near ikorodu and when my friend talks of oyaa bo detained him for 3 days when they arrested him around 10 45 pm when him codedly wan go bleep ashi, they let him go after 3 days after confirming he was innocent, since then my ears clear too. Thank God we don stop ashi, smoke and womanizing, since then life has been sweet and now realise I didn't owe any lady any weekly or monthly payment for any reason and my freedom is like someone free from kidnapper then.

Hotel room: 10,000 Naira
Food & drinks: 5,000 Naira
Barbecue fish: 5,000 Naira
Recharge card: 1,000 Naira
Condoms: 500 Naira
---------------------------------------------
Total: 31,500 Naira

All of the above frivolous expenses just to make love to a woman I met online!?!?

I have stopped that madness since. Imagine spending such on 24 different ladies in one year, we are talking of 756,000 Naira in just a year because I want to prove that I am not a stingy man. I repeat, it will never happen again.

Until some single men realize the frivolous error they are doing and until some ladies understand that they are missing their husbands because they want it all in a day then we will keep on having numerous unmarried spinsters and bachelors.

Some men should please receive sense, spend wisely on your wife or your wife to be. Think about tomorrow.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians by Goldenheart(m): 5:43am On Sep 09, 2019
Re: Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians by Sirpaul(m): 5:49am On Sep 09, 2019
Good one... Arrest them all. They're all consituiting neusance to the society..

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians by Emmy3(m): 5:51am On Sep 09, 2019
Angel:
So you singled out Nigeria and blessed them with doggedness and also even blessed them with natural resources.

Creator:
Ha, ha, don't worry they are already caused with religion and bad leaders.
Re: Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians by money121(m): 5:51am On Sep 09, 2019
Lobatan
Re: Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians by passey: 5:57am On Sep 09, 2019
Starhearts:

All of the above frivolous expenses just to make love to a woman I met online!?!?

I have stopped that madness since. Imagine spending such on 24 different ladies in one year, we are talking of 756,000 Naira in just a year because I want to prove that I am not a stingy man. I repeat, it will never happen again.

Until some single men realize the frivolous error they are doing and until some ladies understand that they are missing their husbands because they want it all in a day then we will keep on having numerous unmarried spinsters and bachelors.

Some men should please receive sense, spend wisely on your wife or your wife to be. Think about tomorrow.

Very sensible... A very useful advice!
But I have seen people here literally argue that being sensible is a result of poverty.
Most times, the sensible ones can never be "broke" to the level of the average "fuckaholic" claiming to be a big Boy. Highest na some employee of oil company dem fit be forgetting that men own the companies that cut them a monthly cheque.

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians by vedaxcool(m): 5:58am On Sep 09, 2019
How do you prevent people from living their lives during the day time because you want to practice your religion?

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians by Knsley(m): 5:58am On Sep 09, 2019
Starhearts:

True talk. Just got out of one bondage all in the name of i can take of you. Waste of resources

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians by Nobody: 6:00am On Sep 09, 2019
Starhearts:

@bolded...That desire to prove oneself as a man... That is what they cash in on to take advantage of most men...
Re: Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians by Sctests: 6:03am On Sep 09, 2019
Yorubas are not united, yet they want presidency.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians by prigoz(m): 6:03am On Sep 09, 2019
OP, why did you bring in Christians in the topic? Just to make it looks as if it is general problem where as it is between Muslims and ore worshippers. NASA for you

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians by irunoko(m): 6:06am On Sep 09, 2019
Good.they can go and test their juju on police men

Those their dirty charms are always pushing them making them think they're untouchable.meanwhile you will never see decent people doing Oro, it's always these dirty,low lives with wasted lives finished by weed that will be doing Oro up and down.no life,no business no career.just constituting nuisance for themselves and those around them undecided

Meanwhile the idiotic oba must really think he's in 1921.that kabiyesi and reverence they give them really gets to their head.they Think they're unquestionable? imagine a king referring to people as his subjects in 2019.i didn't know obas opinion and religion supercedes the constitution that has to do with freedom of movement and worship, dignity to Life etc

Oba wey mumu.if you check am now,E fit be one illiterate oba wey no finish primary school

5 Likes

Re: Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians by selemempe: 6:13am On Sep 09, 2019
So much for religious tolerance in sad west
Imperialyoruba come and see

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians by dam2000(m): 6:16am On Sep 09, 2019
Religion crisis always and this people will be talking bad about south African attacking Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians by Charleys: 6:20am On Sep 09, 2019
The Yoruba traditions are under attack and the tradition is fighting back

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians by Onlyonebuhari: 6:28am On Sep 09, 2019
Any practice that infringe upon free movement of other is terrorism.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) / 58-Year-Old Man Defiles 12-Year-Old Girl In Edo State (Photos) / Ex-policeman Who Impersonated Daisy Danjuma To Defraud Buhari’s Children Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.