Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,613 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning (28426 Views)

Tinubu: I'll Dredge River Niger and develop Baro Port / President Buhari Commissions Baro Inland Water Port (Pics) / 8 Years After, Buhari Completes N2.5 Bn Baro River Port (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning by wordcat(m): 10:06am On Sep 10, 2019
I can only grin
Re: Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning by Ichiebillion: 10:07am On Sep 10, 2019
PotatoSalad:
In my next life, I'd rather be a cactus than be born in Africa
Indeed, one wonders if its not really a curse to born from this part of the world were nothing works.
Re: Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning by obailala(m): 10:15am On Sep 10, 2019
"This is certainly because the Hausa-Fulanis in collaboration with the Yorubas are trying to stifle the economic progress of the Nupes."

2 Likes

Re: Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning by madenigga(m): 10:15am On Sep 10, 2019
This was how Buhari used billions to look for oil in the north despite Nigeria's recession, 2years later nothing.

Used another billions to build Kaduna dry port 2years later again nothing.

Now this.

Buhari is not Presidential material people would say you are an ipob, Atiku would have been better, Atiku really meant jobs, they would call you wailer.

Now we don't know how to come, how to go we are all just stranded.

He is about investing billions in Ruga and cattle, something whose economic value ain't worth billions, but he won't listen, somebody should try to advise this guy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 10, 2019
Yet another white elephant project.

Naija politicians are such accursed bastards! They initiate these sham projects just so they can take their kickback and ride off into the sunset.

3 Likes

Re: Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning by blackboy(m): 10:20am On Sep 10, 2019
Many government projects are just political and waste of our money. Invest that money into health, education or power.

2 Likes

Re: Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning by AK481(m): 10:23am On Sep 10, 2019
majamajic:
...... just like Oshodi and Ikeja bus terminals that he commissioned

none is working yet after over a year.

Oshodi is working
Re: Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning by olajide8(m): 10:25am On Sep 10, 2019
TundeBricklayer:

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/8-months-after-commissioning-multi-billion-naira-baro-port-dormant.html

I am still trying to understand, how an inland port would reduce road transportation when trains don't deliver to the inland port, isn't it through the same roads they would deliver the containers, what are all these lies like this is this country? they take money we don't have and waste it on flimsy projects that make no sense

Are people thinking at all in this country? N5b would build an industry in niger state that would employ more then this - Rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning by majamajic(m): 10:26am On Sep 10, 2019
AK481:

Oshodi is working
that is still under huge construction as at this morning ?
Re: Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning by Ttipsy(f): 10:27am On Sep 10, 2019
misplaced priorities
Re: Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning by majamajic(m): 10:29am On Sep 10, 2019
AK481:

Oshodi is working

that is still under huge construction as at this morning ?

it is not on total shutdown like Ikeja , but the commissioned terminal is not working
Re: Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning by babzo(m): 10:31am On Sep 10, 2019
Realdeals:
That is what happens when government priortize physical infrastructure over human capital development, they forgot it's only empowered people that will run developed infrastructure.
This is the reason why most infrastructure lays in ruins years after their development. It is people that develop infrastructure and not the other way round.

Your wisdom is far superior to the people that govern Nigeria today.
Oga dont waste your talent in this country, port quickly. There is no part 2 to this life. Its one way.

1 Like

Re: Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning by Seetto: 10:31am On Sep 10, 2019
Who did we offend?
Re: Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning by bentwood85(m): 10:32am On Sep 10, 2019
aolawale025:
How can you neglect warri, PH and calabar ports and expect inland port to be active? When the bulk importers are from the SE?

Honestly the southeast governors should come together and build a port...

2 Likes

Re: Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning by Seetto: 10:32am On Sep 10, 2019
obailala:
This is certainly because the Hausa-Fulanis in collaboration with the Yorubas are trying to stiffle the economic progress of the Nupes.
Said a frustrated ipob...
Re: Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning by Ttipsy(f): 10:32am On Sep 10, 2019
how do you expect the port to be vibrant, when it's built on a dry land..
who will use the port, Northerners or people from Niger Republic?
Re: Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning by mushystuff: 10:33am On Sep 10, 2019
helinues:
Just 8 months??

Then the idea of building it is not from FG but some looters under this government.

Billions almost wasted like that..

Are you serious? You say just 8 months? So no one should be concerned until it's been abandoned for 2 years or more? How do you mean the idea is not from the FG? But same FG commissioned it, putting a seal of approval on the activities of so called looters also appointed and endorsed by the FG? What do you really mean? Who or what are you trying to exonerate?

2 Likes

Re: Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning by mushystuff: 10:39am On Sep 10, 2019
helinues:

The MD's , board of directors

So you have MDs and board of directors in the FG and not the government? Or in the government and not the FG? First this doesn't make sense but trying to make sense of it, who appointed those MDs and board members? The FG or the government?
Re: Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning by Vabasi(m): 10:41am On Sep 10, 2019
PotatoSalad:
In my next life, I'd rather be a cactus than be born in Africa

That is if you will ever get a next life.
Re: Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning by micmond: 10:44am On Sep 10, 2019
In as much as I want development in all part of Nigeria
there are some projects that has been misplaced maybe due to the kind of politics that divides us, And one of such project is the baro port
aolawale025:
How can you neglect warri, PH and calabar ports and expect inland port to be active? When the bulk importers are from the SE?
Re: Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning by maxzzo1(m): 10:47am On Sep 10, 2019
At d commissioning i asked how will cargo ship from sea get there? So much has to be done b4 getting to baro port....but common sense no dey....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning by helinues: 10:51am On Sep 10, 2019
mushystuff:

So you have MDs and board of directors in the FG and not the government? Or in the government and not the FG? First this doesn't make sense but trying to make sense of it, who appointed those MDs and board members? The FG or the government?

These arguments is not necessary cos its logical.. FG may appoints them but some MD's have rights to do some projects without much supervision from government..

The MD's are Nigerians like us.. Abi se Custom officers and police are not Nigerians?
Re: Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning by Dispensable(m): 11:08am On Sep 10, 2019
helinues:

The MD's , board of directors
oga sharap there sad

1 Like

Re: Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning by Barzinime(m): 11:15am On Sep 10, 2019
I am v.sure you didnt read the article and if you actually read it, i doubt if you can comprehend.
You just want to comment/criticize Buhari cos majority are doing so. undecided
Nonsense.

freethinker01:
You don't need any soothsayer to tell you this government has been a complete sham and scam since they assumed office.

In Buhari's voice
Re: Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning by GMbuharii: 11:22am On Sep 10, 2019
The ethnic bigot just wanna have it in the north...same way he's wasting billions Niger Delta money looking for oil in the north and developing the north east ravaged daily by their own Boko Haram.

Thunda Faya all Coneheads

1 Like

Re: Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning by Ritchiee: 11:23am On Sep 10, 2019
aolawale025:

Chest beating again.How do you know that the bulk importers are from SE?
Re: Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning by madenigga(m): 11:45am On Sep 10, 2019
olajide8:

I am still trying to understand, how an inland port would reduce road transportation when trains don't deliver to the inland port, isn't it the through the same roads they would deliver the containers, what are all these lies like this is this country? they take money we don't have and waste it on flimsy projects that make no sense

Are people thinking at all in this country? N5b would build an industry in niger state that would employ more then a this - Rubbish
They would call u ipob
Re: Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning by madenigga(m): 11:48am On Sep 10, 2019
bentwood85:

Honestly the southeast governors should come together and build a port...
Is it wise for the se Governors to build a port in the south south or the South south should do?
Re: Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning by Dechymmytv(f): 11:54am On Sep 10, 2019
aolawale025:
exactly my thought, total waste of fundz

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"I Inherited All The Assets And Liabilities Of Buhari" - Tinubu (video) / Drama In Court As Kanu's Case Adjourned Again / Lots Of Policemen Deployed To Kano State As Kwankwaso Cancels Visit. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.