Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,640 members, 7,823,817 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Jesus Christ Bombshell: Scientists Make Major Resurrection Discovery In Huge Bre - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ Bombshell: Scientists Make Major Resurrection Discovery In Huge Bre (644 Views)

Discovery Of Galilee Boat From Jesus' Time Proves Bible Accurate - Video, Photos / 'Spectacular' Discovery Validates Biblical Story Of Queen Jezebel (Photos) / Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Christ Bombshell: Scientists Make Major Resurrection Discovery In Huge Bre by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 09, 2019
Jesus Christ Bombshell: Scientists Make Major Resurrection Discovery In Huge Breakthrough

By GURSIMRAN HANS
PUBLISHED: 02:38, Mon, Sep 9, 2019
UPDATED: 02:56, Mon, Sep 9, 2019

EMMAUS, the town were Jesus was said to have appeared following his resurrection, may have been discovered by archaeologists.

In the Gospel of Luke from the New Testament, Jesus appears to two followers soon the road to the town, though the exact location of the town has remained a mystery. As reported by The Daily Beast, fourth-century theologian Eusebius of Caesarea suggested Nicopolis as the destination. Luke says Emmaus was 60 stadia (4.3-6.8miles) from Jerusalem but Nicopolis was more than twice this distance.

A joint team of French and Israeli archaeologists began excavation work at Kiriath-Jearim in 2017.

The hill is several kilometres to the west of Jerusalem and its’ elevated position made it strategically important.

In the Bible, Kiraith-Jearim is supposedly where the Ark of the Covenant was held before King David moved it to Jerusalem.

The Ark of the Covenant is a gold-covered wooden chest containing the stone tablets of the Decalogue.

Hebrews 9:4 says: "The ark of the covenant [was] covered on all sides with gold, in which was a golden jar holding the manna, and Aaron's rod which budded, and the tablets of the covenant."

Archaeologists thus believe this is the site of Emmaus.

In a forthcoming article in New Studies in the Archaeology of Jerusalem and its Region, Tel Aviv University’s Israel Finkelstein and College de Frances Thomas Romer argue walls found at the site date to the Maccabee and Seleucid conflict.

During this conflict, Seleucid leader Bacchides ordered the construction of a ring to guard Jerusalem.

Mr Romer says these are the only known large-scale fortification works undertaken in this period.

1 Maccabees 9:50 and first century historian Josephus gave a list of towns fortified by Bacchides.

Most of the sites have been identified and excavated, but neither list refers to to Kriath-Jearim, but both mention Emmaus.

Other suggestions to the location of Emmaus proposed through history included al-Qubeiba, but no records have been found referring to the town as Emmaus has been found.

Abu Ghosh located has also been another candidate, but became less popular after Nicropolis was suggested.

Jesus revealing himself in Emmaus to two disciples is found in Supper at Emmaus, an iconic painting by Italian Baroque artist Caravaggio.

The resurrection of Jesus is commemorated annually at Easter.

Good Friday remembers his crucifixion and death.

Easter Sunday commemorates his resurrection.

Mary Magdalene is said to have visited his tomb only to discover it was empty.

Christianity is the world’s largest religion.

It is estimated by some sources to have 2.4billion followers.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1175527/Jesus-Christ-news-latest-bible-archaeologists-Emmaus-new-testament-resurrection/amp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ Bombshell: Scientists Make Major Resurrection Discovery In Huge Bre by Benty10(m): 8:06am On Sep 09, 2019
God
Re: Jesus Christ Bombshell: Scientists Make Major Resurrection Discovery In Huge Bre by LordReed(m): 12:53pm On Sep 09, 2019
LoLz! How does this prove the resurrection?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ Bombshell: Scientists Make Major Resurrection Discovery In Huge Bre by budaatum: 1:02pm On Sep 09, 2019
The success of the Reformation lay in freeing people from the spiritual slavery of Rome, where the bones of saints and counterfeit fragments of the Holy Cross had become an industry. The profits from this paid for the ruinous and brutal Crusades (and the beginning of Islamophobia).

The reformers offered a purer and less unequal route to heaven and the mercy of God, unencumbered by profiteering, exploitation and superstition. It wasn’t just a theological revolution, but a temporal one, which seemed to say that you didn’t need to wait until you entered paradise to experience equality and fairness.

If there’s a cardinal sin to be made.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ Bombshell: Scientists Make Major Resurrection Discovery In Huge Bre by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 11, 2019
LordReed:
LoLz! How does this prove the resurrection?
Yeah! The God worshipping atheist, Lol!
Re: Jesus Christ Bombshell: Scientists Make Major Resurrection Discovery In Huge Bre by LordReed(m): 9:39am On Sep 11, 2019
jesusjnr:
Yeah! The God worshipping atheist, Lol!

Stop deflecting and answer the question. How does this poorly written article prove the resurrection of Jesus?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ Bombshell: Scientists Make Major Resurrection Discovery In Huge Bre by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 11, 2019
LordReed:

Stop deflecting and answer the question. How does this poorly written article prove the resurrection of Jesus?
I have answered your question already but you called the answer I gave, deflecting.

So you're the one actually deflecting.
Re: Jesus Christ Bombshell: Scientists Make Major Resurrection Discovery In Huge Bre by LordReed(m): 10:03am On Sep 11, 2019
jesusjnr:
I have answered your question already but you called the answer I gave, deflecting.

So you're the one actually deflecting.

You did not ask me a question I didn't answer so stop imagining things. Now how does "Yeah! The God worshipping atheist, Lol!" answer the question "How does this prove the resurrection"?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ Bombshell: Scientists Make Major Resurrection Discovery In Huge Bre by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 11, 2019
LordReed:

You did not ask me a question I didn't answer so stop imagining things. Now how does "Yeah! The God worshipping atheist, Lol!" answer the question "How does this prove the resurrection"?
Don't just look but "Seek and you shall find" the answer lying in what i said.
Re: Jesus Christ Bombshell: Scientists Make Major Resurrection Discovery In Huge Bre by LordReed(m): 11:31am On Sep 11, 2019
jesusjnr:
Don't just look but "Seek and you" shall find the answer lying in what i said.

SMH, sad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ Bombshell: Scientists Make Major Resurrection Discovery In Huge Bre by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 11, 2019
jesusjnr:
Jesus Christ Bombshell: Scientists Make Major Resurrection Discovery In Huge Breakthrough

By GURSIMRAN HANS
PUBLISHED: 02:38, Mon, Sep 9, 2019
UPDATED: 02:56, Mon, Sep 9, 2019

EMMAUS, the town were Jesus was said to have appeared following his resurrection, may have been discovered by archaeologists.

In the Gospel of Luke from the New Testament, Jesus appears to two followers soon the road to the town, though the exact location of the town has remained a mystery. As reported by The Daily Beast, fourth-century theologian Eusebius of Caesarea suggested Nicopolis as the destination. Luke says Emmaus was 60 stadia (4.3-6.8miles) from Jerusalem but Nicopolis was more than twice this distance.

A joint team of French and Israeli archaeologists began excavation work at Kiriath-Jearim in 2017.

The hill is several kilometres to the west of Jerusalem and its’ elevated position made it strategically important.

In the Bible, Kiraith-Jearim is supposedly where the Ark of the Covenant was held before King David moved it to Jerusalem.

The Ark of the Covenant is a gold-covered wooden chest containing the stone tablets of the Decalogue.

Hebrews 9:4 says: "The ark of the covenant [was] covered on all sides with gold, in which was a golden jar holding the manna, and Aaron's rod which budded, and the tablets of the covenant."

Archaeologists thus believe this is the site of Emmaus.

In a forthcoming article in New Studies in the Archaeology of Jerusalem and its Region, Tel Aviv University’s Israel Finkelstein and College de Frances Thomas Romer argue walls found at the site date to the Maccabee and Seleucid conflict.

During this conflict, Seleucid leader Bacchides ordered the construction of a ring to guard Jerusalem.

Mr Romer says these are the only known large-scale fortification works undertaken in this period.

1 Maccabees 9:50 and first century historian Josephus gave a list of towns fortified by Bacchides.

Most of the sites have been identified and excavated, but neither list refers to to Kriath-Jearim, but both mention Emmaus.

Other suggestions to the location of Emmaus proposed through history included al-Qubeiba, but no records have been found referring to the town as Emmaus has been found.

Abu Ghosh located has also been another candidate, but became less popular after Nicropolis was suggested.

Jesus revealing himself in Emmaus to two disciples is found in Supper at Emmaus, an iconic painting by Italian Baroque artist Caravaggio.

The resurrection of Jesus is commemorated annually at Easter.

Good Friday remembers his crucifixion and death.

Easter Sunday commemorates his resurrection.

Mary Magdalene is said to have visited his tomb only to discover it was empty.

Christianity is the world’s largest religion.

It is estimated by some sources to have 2.4billion followers.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1175527/Jesus-Christ-news-latest-bible-archaeologists-Emmaus-new-testament-resurrection/amp
Took my time today to look at the Jesus pic u put up,the face is familiar but I don't know where
Re: Jesus Christ Bombshell: Scientists Make Major Resurrection Discovery In Huge Bre by Niflheim(m): 4:15pm On Sep 11, 2019
CWISTAIN LOGIC:......... "I just discovered the ancient site where jesus was said to have resurrected, therefore god is real!!!"

DODEKATHEISM LOGIC:................................................"We just climbed to the summit of Mount Olympus!!! therefore zeus is real!!!"

As usual, a pathetic post from a desperate man with a pathetic belief!!!

Re: Jesus Christ Bombshell: Scientists Make Major Resurrection Discovery In Huge Bre by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 11, 2019
Niflheim:
CWISTAIN LOGIC:......... "I just discovered the ancient site where jesus was said to have resurrected, therefore god is real!!!"

DODEKATHEISM LOGIC:................................................"We just climbed to the summit of Mount Olympus!!! therefore zeus is real!!!"

As usual, a pathetic post from a desperate man with a pathetic belief!!!
Lol! See who's calling another desperate.

You need a mirror asap!

(1) (Reply)

My Opinion On How the Church Should Handle The Crowd Issue In Gatherings / Will God Forgive Me For this / The World Was Supposed To End On 12 April 2020 But I Have Postponed It – Prophet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.