Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,270 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Why Is Police Extortion Allowed In The South East? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Is Police Extortion Allowed In The South East? (213 Views)

This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns / Hello Guys How Much Is Police Report Clearance Certificate Now In Alagbon, Lagos / Is Police Your Friend? : Outstanding Officers Proves “police Is Your Friend Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Police Extortion Allowed In The South East? by Balenciagabrain: 3:30pm On Sep 09, 2019
I have traveled across Nigeria, cut across all the regions and finally returned back to the south east to realise the police in the south east go on to extort from the poor commercial motorist every single minute of the day. It is very unfortunate that the police in uniform take pride in perpetrating this absurd act which makes it right to say our police are criminals in police uniform. I find it appalling that everybody allow this to go on everyday, perhaps because they have accepted it to mean normal.

I do not know anywhere in the Nigerian law that empowers the Nigerian Police to take to the street every hour of the day to collect fifty Nigeria from the poor motorists that struggle to make ends meet. It is therefore a crime that the police carry-on on daily bases, contrary to their constitutional duties of protecting lives and properties of the citizens. It goes further to find them compelling every motorists to submit to their demands or face severe harassment.

Even, to act like things are okay is more evil than what the police do because I know that it is the duty of the society to police the police. If this evil does not go on in the other regions of the country except the south east, I am right to say that we have failed as a society, here in the south east of Nigeria to speak out and demand an end to this evil that goes on like a norm. How do we not see our foolishness, when we have allowed this oppression to thrive so well? I wish we would take toll from Lagos #endsars trend to demand an end to this evil.

our governors should please stop turning a blind eye to this because it is not normal.

pls the least we can do to save the situation is to speak up. I wish issues like this can make front page cry cry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Religion Will Disappear: On Lifechanyuan Era (3) / 2 Bedroom Flat For Rent @ Ogba, Ikeja 360k / What Ways Can A Friend Be Of Help In Securing An American Visa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.