Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,524 members, 7,823,281 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Xenophobic Violence On Nigerians Living In South Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Xenophobic Violence On Nigerians Living In South Africa (162 Views)

BBC- South Africa Closes Embassy In Nigeria After Xenophobic Violence / “Enough Is Enough” - FG Finally Break Silence On Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians / APC Thugs under Police Protection Unleash Violence on Residents of Agbaji, Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Xenophobic Violence On Nigerians Living In South Africa by bello787: 11:27am On Sep 10, 2019
My condolences go out to the innocent Nigerian's and other African citizens that lost their lives, were injured or lost their property during the recent attacks in South Africa. The warning signs were there, but as Nigerians we take everything for granted, our bark is always louder than our bite. There was credible intel that Nigerians would be attacked during the afcon games if Nigeria was to defeat South Africa during the quarter-final match. Many Nigerians took cover,while some traveled to avoid being caught or injured by angry South Africans. As soon as we won the quarter-final match AKA a south african rapper said he would have preferred to lose to Egypt than Nigeria because we beat them in everything.During the violence he also said we should go back to our country.

I want to thank AKA for at least saying whats on their mind, because no other South African artist has condemned or countered his statement.
Imagine an artist like AKA that is a South African superstar supporting the killings of many innocent people with his utterances.They say revenge is best served when cold, it means the killings were supported by the majority because it was well coordinated.

Apartheid ended over 25 years ago but they have forgotten the contributions made by Nigeria and other African countries to the freedom they now enjoy. This is not the first time they will kill Nigerians and I am sorry to say it will not be the last. Imagine you burning your fellow african, how many whites did you burn for enslaving you.

The protests in Nigeria is just the beginning, we should hit them where it hurts.We should turn off our mtn lines in solidarity to people that lost their lives.We should port our lines to other networks,stop buying credit and once the dstv expires we should not recharge it.

We need to come back home and fight for the Nigeria we want and deserve.The South African government can barely control their citizens so we need to find a way to develop our country. I would rather die a citizen trying to develop my country than an immigrant burnt in the streets of pretoria.

(1) (Reply)

Osun APPPS Urges Osun Elected Lawmakers To Fulfil Campaign Promises / Boko Haram: Human Rights Watch Garnering Sympathy For Insurgents With Fake Repor / Frequently Asked Questions On National Livestock Transformation Plan (nltp)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.