Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads (10314 Views)

Angry Youths Hold ‘pool Party’ On Dilapidated Federal Road In Otukpo (photos) / Dilapidated Nature Of Oyebanjo Street, Ketu Lagos That Swallowed Two Kids / An Extremely Dilapidated Truck Moving On A Road In Berger, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 10, 2019
Lagos needs a metro station and slum removal strategy.
Re: Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads by martin123: 5:36pm On Sep 10, 2019
The State also executed urgent palliative road works along Lekki-Epe Expressway

This is not correct. I live in this axis. Come to Sangotedo near Ogidan and Abijo, you will know what I am talking about

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads by drmikeadams(m): 5:39pm On Sep 10, 2019
richPHAROAH:
why is no one applauding sowolu or apc for this. if na bad thing them go loud am everywhere. i noticed that majority of the bad roads in lagos have been fixed. this has never happened in nigeria before
grin grin cheesy

Abeg where and where dem fix?
Re: Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads by Otuegbe: 5:41pm On Sep 10, 2019
itamaga-ijede road. in Ikorodu. No go area

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads by owbabs: 5:43pm On Sep 10, 2019
There are no roads in Lagos. Waste of time.
Re: Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads by RuddyFusion(m): 6:02pm On Sep 10, 2019
Have seen some but many are left undone. By the way when will the Gov complete some of Ambodes laudable projects? Like the Agege bridge project?
Re: Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads by whizbee(m): 6:03pm On Sep 10, 2019
majamajic:

why are u talking like this see Oba akran before computer village after and before forte oil , see the work them do there , ok awolowo road , that's old Secretariat , back of Ikeja along , another good job them do that place

hold up of Ikeja under bridge is gone now

hope it's the same ikeja under bridge we both know....?
Re: Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads by jaxxy(m): 6:03pm On Sep 10, 2019
150 roads fixed? I don’t see them.
Re: Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads by Cantonese: 6:11pm On Sep 10, 2019
These people can lie. If you no fear government officials you dey find wahala. Please find your way to Ikotun - Ijegun road and you will find it in a very disgraceful condition. Where did they fix on Ikotun - Ejigbo road? Dem take lie do APC sef? Which kind korokoro lie be this one? If we see “palli” we will be happy not to talk of “ative”.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads by berbs: 6:29pm On Sep 10, 2019
Abeg, na when that one happen?
Re: Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads by berbs: 6:30pm On Sep 10, 2019
Obawoole road is terrible poo especially that pipe line road that leads to Ishaga
Re: Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads by owenseddies40(m): 6:31pm On Sep 10, 2019
COMPAQ:
Many of which have started going bad again!!!!

Emphasis is usually on quantity instead of quality.
come over to Ijede road Ikorodu and see what we call unmotorable road proper. Terrible is an understatement, the worst road that any living being can ever think of using, road that brings down your car gear grin angry grin
Re: Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads by panini(m): 6:52pm On Sep 10, 2019
And Alimosho wept...
Re: Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads by fatymore(f): 7:05pm On Sep 10, 2019
majamajic:

the Guinness Roundabout u talking about don't normally cos much problem , that's why they rushed to do the computer village side first , the catapillars are still there , I think they will round it up soon ,
ok Sanwolu
Re: Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads by NotComplaining: 7:28pm On Sep 10, 2019
fatymore:
I commend him for this...in front of Guinness at Oba Akran road is still bad sha

You commend him for being a governor? Its not his money being used... You should only commend someone who has gone out of his or her way to make life easier for someone else.
Re: Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads by Onarabu: 7:59pm On Sep 10, 2019
fatymore:
in front of Guinness is still bad... All were you mentioned have been repaired ...se I mentioned those places you listed up ni
Abi o, most roads are yet to be attended to, come to ipaja- command road and see bad road. We shall get there!
Re: Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads by richPHAROAH: 9:09pm On Sep 10, 2019
drmikeadams:
grin grin cheesy

Abeg where and where dem fix?
go mainland and see bro. may una dey try praise person when he try
Re: Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads by drmikeadams(m): 9:34pm On Sep 10, 2019
richPHAROAH:
grin grin cheesy. Mainland wey i dey stay kwa grin grin ogbeni the only achèvement of lagos in 100 days in office is lastma officials and task force enriching their pockets grin
Re: Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads by murmee: 9:35pm On Sep 10, 2019
Osolo Way in Ajao Estate is in a very terrible state, especially from the Police post at Domino eatery to Aiye Bus stop. The kind of traffic gridlock that the dilapidated road is causing, is out of this world.

Apart from serving traffic in Ajao Estate, the terrible narrow road is also serving traffic from Ikotun, Egbe, Ejigbo, Jakande estate, Isolo, and Ire Akari.

The Lagos state Government needs to rehabilitate the road without further delay to compliment the beautiful newly constructed International Airport road!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads by drmikeadams(m): 9:37pm On Sep 10, 2019
[quote author=murmee post=82111790]Osolo Way in Ajao Estate is in a very terrible state, especially from the Police post at Domino eatery to Aiye Bus stop. The kind of traffic gridlock that the dilapidated road is causing, is out of this world.

Apart from serving traffic in Ajao Estate, the terrible narrow road is also serving traffic from Ikotun, Egbe, Ejigbo, Jakande estate, Isolo, and Ire Akari.

The Lagos state Government needs to rehabilitate the road without further delay to compliment the beautiful newly constructed International Airport road![/quote

God bless u]
Re: Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads by delpee(f): 9:38pm On Sep 10, 2019
Some of the listed roads are still very bad. The commissioner should visit to verify.
Re: Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads by drmikeadams(m): 9:41pm On Sep 10, 2019
richPHAROAH:
grin grin grin. Praise person in 2019 for me patching road wey get différent colours and next year dem go patch am again?
Re: Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads by ShawtCake(f): 12:28am On Sep 11, 2019
Mile 2 Badagry nko? They offended God abi?
Re: Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads by Badb0y4lyf(m): 6:14am On Sep 11, 2019
Hahah lies I will personally video Ejigbo oke afa terrible bad road
Re: Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads by ashafaoladimeji: 6:57am On Sep 11, 2019
Nothing has done in ikorodu area pls check Igbogbo road and ijede road agura gberigbe pls lagos public works should check does area
Re: Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads by Lanray09: 7:58am On Sep 11, 2019
[quote author=PureFace1 post=82098860]The Lagos State Public Works Corporation has executed rehabilitation and palliative road works totaling 82,787.61 sqm at strategic sections on over 150 roads across the state.

The road repair intervention by the Lagos State Public Works is in actualization of the vision of His Excellency, Mr. Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu’s administration to ensure free flow of vehicular movement with the removal of hindrances such as pot holes and other gridlock elements across the State.

The General Manager, Lagos State Public Works Corporation, Engr Olufemi Daramola, stated this while appreciating the support of Sanwo-Olu and His Deputy, Dr Kadiri Obafemi Hamzat in the last 100 days for revitalizing and motivating the corporation to execute its road maintenance mandate.

He said the relative ease of human and vehicular movement across the State has boosted socio-economic activities and job creation.

He stated that “In line with the Executive Order of His Excellency Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu which declared “Zero Tolerance on Potholes” within the metropolis, the Public Works Corporation has executed rehabilitation/palliative road works totalling 82,787.61 sqm at strategic sections on 150 roads in the State.

“The various palliative road works were done using materials such as Asphalt, Concrete Granite Boulders, Crushed Granite Stones and in some cases, Paving Stones to repair damaged road pavements and consequently provide comfort to motorist across the State in the last 100 days.”

He acknowledged that more roads still needs attention but reiterates that rehabilitation and maintenance of roads across the state is a continuous schedule with plan of intervention for different areas and road sections. In his words ‘We are not there yet, we will achieve more under the leadership of His Excellency, Governor Sanwo-Olu”.

Some of the major strategic roads where rehabilitation works have been carried include Iju road, Ifako-Ijaiye, Ogudu Road, Kosofe, Town Planning Way, Mushin, Ikorodu Road: Maryland Independence Tunnel, Mile 12 inward Ketu axis, Kosofe, Oke-Afa-Ejigbo Road, Oshodi Isolo, Apongbon Round About, Marina in Lagos Island, Oba Akran Avenue, Aromire and Akilo Road in Ikeja, among other strategic roads.

The State also executed urgent palliative road works along Lekki-Epe Expressway, Itoikin Epe, Ikotun Ejigbo Road in Alimosho, Ikotun Ijegun road, Alimosho, Ikotun Egbe road- Alimosho, Iddo inward Idumota.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/09/10/lagos-rehabilitates-150-dilapidated-roads/amp/

Ijegun-Ikotun road? Do they mean spreading some granite/sand in few of the potholes translates to road works? That road is terrible and it needs proper reconstruction. Enough of the deception jare!
Re: Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads by bilulu(m): 9:02am On Sep 11, 2019
madenigga:
Lagos really means Business, no wonder Buhari is trying his best to develop Katsina.

When people travel to Lagos people have this little faith that Nigeria still has hope.

God bless Nigeria.

Am the first to comment and am like what is so special about it
I wonder the faith u re talking about..... Lagos as I'm seeing it now cuz I'm there is dead, everything about it is dead.
Re: Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads by madenigga(m): 10:57am On Sep 11, 2019
bilulu:

I wonder the faith u re talking about..... Lagos as I'm seeing it now cuz I'm there is dead, everything about it is dead.
I don't stay in Lagos, my judgement is based on where I have visited and media
Re: Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads by bilulu(m): 11:33am On Sep 11, 2019
madenigga:

I don't stay in Lagos, my judgement is based on where I have visited and media
Bros forget Nigeria media, dey can never show u d real tin. I don't stay in Lagos but I'm there on a visit. I got there last week Friday n u could see the amount of flood after a downpour. the roads are so dead, the traffic is another tin. it's as if there's no solution but we all know there re multiple solutions to Lagos problems..... like I always say, Lagos is just an expensive slum

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads by inikamoze(m): 2:21pm On Sep 11, 2019
Which Oke-afa Ejigbo road? Lies from the pit of hell. Is it just the one side they did and left numerous others worse off? Abeg OP shift with your lies jare

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads by richPHAROAH: 3:26pm On Sep 11, 2019
drmikeadams:
grin grin grin. Praise person in 2019 for me patching road wey get différent colours and next year dem go patch am again?
it has never happened before. these roads have been like that for more than 8years. at least he try patch them
Re: Lagos Rehabilitates 150 Dilapidated Roads by drmikeadams(m): 4:58pm On Sep 11, 2019
richPHAROAH:
it has never happened before. these roads have been like that for more than 8years. at least he try patch them
grin grin. Kontinu

(1) (2) (Reply)

For Those With Children Born In The European Union / A Northeast Travel Guide For The Unhinged / Go To The Netherlands Or Remain In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.