Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

The Story of Phinehas - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Story of Phinehas (1055 Views)

The Story Of Joseph And His Coat Of Many Colors / T. B Joshua At 55: The Story Behind His Glory Revealed / Story Of Late CAC Founder, Apostle Ayo Babalola From The Book That Reveals His L (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Story of Phinehas by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 21, 2019
Manuchiso:

Thanks so much Maximus69, you've said it and cleared it all. God bless you dearly

But the greatest thanks goes to JEHOVAH our God and Jesus God's only begotten son, because they're both responsible for making Maximus (a former world class military intelligence officer who takes pleasure in killing to glorify his superiors) into a peace loving preacher and teacher of God's word!

Thanks to Jesus the Prince of Peace! smiley
Re: The Story of Phinehas by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 21, 2019
Manuchiso:

He is surely not a CHRISTIANS nor a churchgoer just an antagonizer.

The word Christian came from the title Christ, Jesus of Nazareth who claimed to be the Messiah (Christ) explained what it means to be his follower!

Since all humans came from Adam, it means we are all sinners (prone to blunders), so a Christian is a person who acknowledges his shortcomings and ready to make amendments!

That's why Jesus immediately gave a thief the ticket to Paradise. The guy accepted Jesus (who is also dying due to the excruciating pains of the Roman torture stake) as King!
That means he is now ready to start taking instructions from Jesus, if he could have the opportunity to retrace his steps. While the other guy was only interested in escaping the consequence of their evil deeds.

So a Christian is never a good person, but one who is willing to make changes by humbling himself after hearing what Jesus says regarding how to do things, and start working hard to correct himself to fit in as a follower of Jesus!

There is none of us who qualifies to become Jesus' friend but God's undeserved kindness {grace} made it possible for all sinners to do so. All each of us need to do is look at Jesus very closely by reading and assimilating all that he said, then start working on how to imitate him in thoughts words and actions!

Many people don't want anyone/anything to change them as in their old personalities, so they try to justify themselves by either refuting Faith outrightly or hiding under a religion that permits them to continue living their former way of life!

That's why many today are opting for ATHEISM! smiley

1 Like

Re: The Story of Phinehas by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 22, 2019
I have read all you have written here and I apologize if you feel offended..however..
Since you are a Bible Scholar..

Have you Not read this verse of the word

Eph.4.29 - Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

Sir, please tell me how your teachings and arguments reflected this.

Secondly, mentioning repeatedly how much of Bible scholar you are doesn't mean you are following the word,putting it to use or even understanding it.

Apostle Paul said.

1Cor.2.1 - When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God.
1Cor.2.3 - I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling.
1Cor.2.4 - My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power,
1Cor.2.5 - so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power.

Sir,Your messages reflects more of display of knowledge that the power of God.

People can easily get confused when you speak the way you do.
It is like telling people to believe you because you are a Bible Scholar, not because the spirit of God is revealed in your arguments.

No offence intended my brother..
At this point ....I rise undecided

Maximus69:

Thanks Mr WATER! cheesy

So Jesus was wrong to have called the religious critics of his time FOOLS? Matthew 23:17

Mr WATER, if you want to learn, why not just ask questions on the matter we're discussing at hand?

If you don't understand the scriptures, all you need to do is ASK what justified Jesus and Paul to have called others FOOL {Matthew 23:17, Galatians 3:1} when Jesus himself said we should be careful not to do so! Matthew 5:22

This is NOT a place where you just come in and spew gibberish that your misinformed pastor told you, whereas you don't even know what the scriptures says. Imagine after stupidly condemning all that someone who backed his comments with the scriptures typed, all you can do is to type nonessential comments without a single scripture to back it up!

For your information, if you can't back comments with the scriptures, you're not different from idol worshippers who just speak to please everyone listening! Simply saying "Jesus is this or Jesus is that" means you're just spewing what is generally acceptable as good talks. You're surely zealous for God but you lack the knowledge to speak convincingly! Romans 10:2-3
Of course i know my comments are strong evidence that i'm a fully competent Bible scholar, all you needed to do is ASK why i called a critic who haapens to be an atheist but claiming to have been a Christian LAWLESS IDIOT! wink
Re: The Story of Phinehas by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 24, 2019
bodysoul:
I have read all you have written here and I apologize if you feel offended..however..
Since you are a Bible Scholar..

Have you Not read this verse of the word

Eph.4.29 - Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

Sir, please tell me how your teachings and arguments reflected this.

Secondly, mentioning repeatedly how much of Bible scholar you are doesn't mean you are following the word,putting it to use or even understanding it.

Apostle Paul said.

1Cor.2.1 - When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God.
1Cor.2.3 - I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling.
1Cor.2.4 - My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power,
1Cor.2.5 - so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power.

Sir,Your messages reflects more of display of knowledge that the power of God.

People can easily get confused when you speak the way you do.
It is like telling people to believe you because you are a Bible Scholar, not because the spirit of God is revealed in your arguments.

No offence intended my brother..
At this point ....I rise undecided

God's spirit speaks through one single channel!

All those who wish to live forever must associate with that single organization.

I'm a product of that organization and it's the holy spirit that's enabling me to speak all these things!

Of course we were taught to speak consolingly to depressed souls (1Thessalonians 5:14), but to those who are puffed up with pride yet condemning the works of faith, we're to put them in their place by telling them who they are! cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Allah - The True And Only God. / Faith Or Foolishness? / I Saw A Worm Fell Out Of Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.