Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,676 members, 7,823,910 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

What Has Been Your Greatest Source Of Embarassment As A Nigerian Abroad? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Been Your Greatest Source Of Embarassment As A Nigerian Abroad? (524 Views)

Chattam House Embarassment: Peter Obi Cannot Read Like An Adult. Video. / Seyi Makinde's N48bn Assets: Explain Source Of Your Wealth - APC Tells Governor / Oshiomole's Embarassment: See What The Bible Say (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Been Your Greatest Source Of Embarassment As A Nigerian Abroad? by astrodome: 10:28pm On Sep 10, 2019
Some Nigerians have done some nasty stuff abroad that have dented Nigeria's image.

Among them include

1. Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab who detonated a bomb in an airplane over Detroit. He is popularly referred to as the "Underwear Bomber", and serving life jail in the US https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umar_Farouk_Abdulmutallab

2. 77 Igbo Yahoo boys arrested by FBI

3. Igbo boys killed in different countries for drug

4. Two Yoruba boys involved in murdering people in the UK due to religion https://www.cnn.com/2013/12/19/world/europe/uk-soldier-killing-profiles/index.html

5. 23 Yorubas in death row in Saudi Arabia

6. Yoruba boy kidnapping an American girl, killing her and burning her corpse

7. TV Documentaries of Edo girls being trafficked to Europe and doing prostitution there

In your opinion, which of these (or other not listed here) represents the greatest source of embarrassment that Nigerians abroad ever received?

For me, its number 1 and nothing else comes close. That year, the US media milked it well, and I was called someone from a terrorist country a million times by my colleagues.
Re: What Has Been Your Greatest Source Of Embarassment As A Nigerian Abroad? by ZnO: 11:48pm On Sep 10, 2019
For me, it is 1 and 6. I have watched those documentaries and they are gross.
Re: What Has Been Your Greatest Source Of Embarassment As A Nigerian Abroad? by astrodome: 11:43am On Sep 11, 2019
ZnO:
For me, it is 1 and 6. I have watched those documentaries and they are gross.
Ok
Definitely # 1.
Re: What Has Been Your Greatest Source Of Embarassment As A Nigerian Abroad? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 11, 2019
When asked where are you from? Whenever I'm asked where I'm from? My chest just start beating...pound, pound, pound, my face will turn red. Then I remember to say Biafra. They smile back! They ask, where is that at? Somewhere next to Ghana or Cameroon. They say oh, okay. They ask again, Is it by any chance next to Nigeria? I say "God forbid."
Re: What Has Been Your Greatest Source Of Embarassment As A Nigerian Abroad? by IGBOSON1: 12:30pm On Sep 11, 2019
Their kangaroo courts and farcical judicial system! wink

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Greatest Source Of Embarassment As A Nigerian Abroad? by sweetonugbu: 12:33pm On Sep 11, 2019
justice12000:
When asked where are you from? Whenever I'm asked where I'm from? My chest just start beating...pound, pound, pound, my face will turn red. Then I remember to say Biafra. They smile back! They ask, where is that at? Somewhere next to Ghana or Cameroon. They say oh, okay. They ask again, Is it by any chance next to Nigeria? I say "God forbid."
you are not serious
Re: What Has Been Your Greatest Source Of Embarassment As A Nigerian Abroad? by astrodome: 12:39pm On Sep 11, 2019
justice12000:

Lol. Actual many are able to link Biafra back to Nigeria
Re: What Has Been Your Greatest Source Of Embarassment As A Nigerian Abroad? by astrodome: 12:56pm On Sep 11, 2019
IGBOSON1:
Their kangaroo courts and farcical judicial system! wink

Anybody in your country of abode taunted you with that?

(1) (Reply)

Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Addresses IPOB Memebers In Brussels Belgium #biafranews / Seyi Makinde Donates His Salary For The Next Four Years / Facebook Removes Accounts From UAE, Egypt, Nigeria, Indonesia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.