Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Why Do Good People Die??? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Good People Die??? (259 Views)

What Are Some Ways To Do Good This Christmas Season? / 15 People Die In Accidents On Kaduna-Abuja Road (Photos) / Why Do Good People Die Like This? Look At Chairman Of Punch Newspaper! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Good People Die??? by JimPerry(m): 11:38pm On Sep 10, 2019
Sitting in my lonely room tonight thinking of my job demands for tomorrow, my phone beebs to the call of my gorgeous Sister, Eunice. Never expected her call though having spoke with her just a few hours earlier. Picked it up with excitement expecting to be an exhilarating and exciting call as usual but was startled with her opening remark "Have you seen the news"
News?? I questioned. Absolutely strange, I thought. When did my sister who's got little interest in the media now become so interested in a mere news publication. Something must be up, I concluded. Perhaps, a political undertone, a religious fiasco, an impending disaster..... may be underway. My heart froze scared to receive any shocking info. Interrupting my thoughts, she whispered coldly "Uncle Toyin is late. You may check up the news".

Diving my arms into google with severe cold and shivers, I searched through the words "Gideon Okedayo". I was startled by the terrifying headlines amongst which include "Kidnapped Ondo Varsity Professor, Gideon Okedayo found dead,"
This hit me really hard. Never in my life have I been known to be so emotionally vulnerable.
I fell into a deep trance having never previously knew of his kidnap. I remembered his beautiful family of two gorgeous kids, his scholarly attributes, his magnanimous gestures, his pastoral and ministerial gifts, his charismatic personality......

He cared so much about my dreams and academic pursuits having wanted me to tow in his footsteps of becoming a university don like he was. No wonder he alone qualified to fill the space of a referee in my Curriculum Vitae.

He was a family centered person having cared for all family members irrespective of the nuclear and extended background of a large polygamous family as ours.  What a terrifying news this must be to everyone who knew him.
I'm quite curious on the current emotional state of his beloved students and his religious congregation (being a committed pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God).
Now, do I blame the devil for his negative handiworks, or the evil kidnappers who would have heartlessly killed an innocent man without demanding for even a ransom?? Or perhaps, I address my blame to the insensitive government that has greatly trivialized the rising advent of kidnapping, focusing instead on other
baseless and less significant issues.
Now, I'm damn scared of others who might fall victims again of this ugly trend. Thus, I kindly implore everyone to become extremely careful of your journey on these our highly insecured Nigerian roads. No one deserves to die.

But wait, Isn't death absolutely  amazing? It tightens its grip on whom it does not deserve, preys on whom fortune smiles at, leaving behind those whose presence on earth may be likened to a nuisance.
Uncle, we'll meet again. It's inevitable. A million epistles wouldn't suffice to qualitatively outline the legacies and principles you lived for. Thanks for dying great

Just as my pen drops from my shaky palms, my soul yearns to find answers to this rhetoric,

Why exactly do good people die??

Your Beloved Nephew, Elisha.
Re: Why Do Good People Die??? by eTECTIV: 11:47pm On Sep 10, 2019
Wen ppl talk about karma I jus look and den and wonder what sense there is in dat.. Bad ppl get get bad measures and gud ppl get gud measures and vice versa so what is d karma in a gud person suffering a bad fate?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Good People Die??? by BarrElChapo(m): 4:16am On Sep 11, 2019
Cos no one is immortal ?
Re: Why Do Good People Die??? by Lonelypacifist6: 12:33pm On Sep 11, 2019
This question has always been eating at me?
Re: Why Do Good People Die??? by meobizy(f): 1:39pm On Sep 11, 2019
Good people die because everyone has an expiry date. How we expire is what differs but death comes for us all.

(1) (Reply)

Air Force Attacks Boko Haram Training Facilities In Borno / Watch Video: South African Woman Stage Protest, Appeal To Nig Men To Return / Celine Dion Begs Drake Not To Tattoo Her Face On His Body (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.