Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Best For Web Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Best For Web Programming (1422 Views)

Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming / Little drops of Python from a Flask: Learn Web Programming with Python / Perl, Python, Ruby, PHP, Which Is The Best For Web Design And Development? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best For Web Programming by netghost: 8:23pm On Oct 28, 2010
a couple of days ago, a friend asked me, what i think the best web programming language is, i was quick to choose Asp.net ("probably biased"), so i decided to throw the question here
pls with reasons
Re: Best For Web Programming by Mobinga: 8:29pm On Oct 28, 2010
COBOL grin grin l
Re: Best For Web Programming by Jcomtech: 12:19am On Oct 29, 2010
All languages are good, it depends on your knowledge and skills.
Re: Best For Web Programming by Youngichou(m): 1:51pm On Oct 29, 2010
Mobinga:

COBOL grin grin l

hahahahaha MOBINGA you no go kill me for this forum COBOL of 95 na him you dey talk.
beside i am not to sure cobol is use on the web.
Re: Best For Web Programming by MisterMan(m): 2:07pm On Oct 29, 2010
Mobinga:

COBOL grin grin l

You are my man. I love your sense of humour. I coundn't help laughing.

Jcomtech:

All languages are good, it depends on your knowledge and skills.
I beg to disagree on that. Some langs are best for specific things. To some extent, I agree with you that it depends on one's knowledge and skill, but then 'All languages are good'. I think you are dead wrong there.
Re: Best For Web Programming by binkabir(m): 5:51pm On Oct 29, 2010
hello, please visit this link http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html u will see the best languages and why the ar rated that way
Re: Best For Web Programming by adzcqe: 9:10am On Nov 01, 2010
There is no such thing as the best programming language.

You have to choose the programming language you think your brain can handle.

A programming language is as powerful as the writer. The power is in your hands
Re: Best For Web Programming by Beaf: 12:15pm On Nov 03, 2010
adzcqe:

There is no such thing as the best programming language.

You have to choose the programming language you think your brain can handle.

A programming language is as powerful as the writer. The power is in your hands

Unfortunately, there is.
Some programming languages have more features than others, are better at math, are faster and at the same time are easier to write.
D is better than C.
C# is better than VB and Java.
Everything is better than Brainfuck (yes its a programming language) http://www.muppetlabs.com/~breadbox/bf/

My own Brainfuck programs: an 822-byte quine, and factor, a program that factors arbitrarily large integers in an arbitrarly large amount of time -- and what may have been, at the time that I wrote it, the largest Brainfuck program in existence

http://www.muppetlabs.com/~breadbox/bf/

In my opinion, the best web language is C#, which for practical reasons (decimal handling being number one), has become the defacto language for financial sysytems.
Re: Best For Web Programming by blackborn7(m): 12:31pm On Nov 03, 2010
I will recommend either JSP or ASP.but i think ASP is common for friendly and dynamic features !!
Re: Best For Web Programming by netghost: 10:46am On Nov 04, 2010
@Beef, how u dey, being looking for u, how do i contact u
Re: Best For Web Programming by Beaf: 4:20pm On Nov 04, 2010
netghost:

@Beef, how u dey, being looking for u, how do i contact u

Wetin de happen? wink
You can email custormerservices at afroScienceCommunity.com.

blackborn7:

I will recommend either JSP or ASP.but i think ASP is common for friendly and dynamic features !!

Dude, run away from JSP, ASP and of course, PHP. Run away from them like demons are after you.
Of those three, JSP is the most sane, but is killed by performance, here's a debate about why MIT (yes MIT of free software licenses) chose ASP.NET over JSP shocked;

http://philip.greenspun.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=000tcP
Re: Best For Web Programming by netghost: 10:01am On Nov 05, 2010
@Beaf, nice one
Re: Best For Web Programming by geniusauthor(m): 2:14pm On Nov 05, 2010
plz i need a help on site spinner licence key, i downloaded the trial version and it will expire in three days time,plz anybody got the key,i love the software and i don;t want to loseit
thanks
Re: Best For Web Programming by netghost: 11:20am On Nov 09, 2010
dont have it , but there are far better tools out there, try dreamweaver
Re: Best For Web Programming by careygold: 7:51am On Nov 11, 2010
Yeah Dreamweaver is good software, and its very helpful.But If you are interested to learn any language then you have to firstly know about your interest means in which language you feel comfortable, suppose that if you are comfortable with php or asp or any other language then you should know all the topics of this language, read more and more and more books of that topic written by different authors, practice every topic, Then you become masters of that specific language, and in which language you are perfect that is Best Language.
Re: Best For Web Programming by careygold: 7:53am On Nov 11, 2010
And yeah there are many options for web programming.Select your language
Re: Best For Web Programming by hunter8br(m): 8:22am On Nov 11, 2010
As per my view asp.net is the best for web application.It is every user friendly.It is object-oriented language.
Re: Best For Web Programming by Birniwa(m): 2:55pm On Nov 11, 2010
The poster should have mentioned his web programming experience by duration, from there, other programmers would be able to analyse the language much more easier for him. What I'm thinking is that, all languages are pretty good, it all depends on how good u re at using them!
Re: Best For Web Programming by netghost: 3:46pm On Nov 11, 2010
@Birniwa, i have more that 3 year of software development, the analysis is not for me, it for a friend who wants to go into web programming, and i wanted different views so i dont give him a biased reply

@BEEF, dont make me use police to fish u out grin grin grin guy where u dey
Re: Best For Web Programming by Beaf: 12:41am On Nov 12, 2010
netghost:

@Birniwa, i have more that 3 year of software development, the analysis is not for me, it for a friend who wants to go into web programming, and i wanted different views so i dont give him a biased reply

@BEEF, dont make me use police to fish u out grin grin grin guy where u dey

Police ke! grin

My guy no vex! I actually gave you the email address, forgetting it hadn't been activated and not realising it had a typo. Please resend, its all good now.

CustomerServices at afrosciencecommunity.com
Re: Best For Web Programming by careygold: 11:28am On Nov 16, 2010
Asp and Php both are good
Re: Best For Web Programming by DapoBear(m): 1:13pm On Nov 16, 2010
I'm a big fan of Ruby on Rails. But probably any MVC framework (like Django for Python) is likely to be just as good.

Truth be told, I wish I'd learned Python instead of Ruby. Oh well.

(1) (Reply)

. / Can Someone Kindly Help Me Correct This Error / PDF, DOC, DOCX To Text Converter Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.