Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Kevin-Prince Boateng: I Was An Idiot, I Bought 3 Cars In A Day - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kevin-Prince Boateng: I Was An Idiot, I Bought 3 Cars In A Day (52059 Views)

Comedian Sabinus Gifts 3 Cars To His Team Members / Khloe: I Can’t Marry A Broke Man That Doesn’t Have At Least 3 Cars, 2 Houses / Davido: My Gateman Has 2 Houses And 3 Cars (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kevin-Prince Boateng: I Was An Idiot, I Bought 3 Cars In A Day by WriterNig: 4:12pm On Sep 11, 2019
Kevin-Prince Boateng has sensationally revealed he once purchased three cars in one day while at Tottenham.

The 32-year-old has regularly struggled to settle at a team and is now at the 11th club of his career having joined Fiorentina from Sassuolo this summer.

But now one of the older players in the dressing room, Boateng has regrets from his younger days and feels he 'didn't treat football as a job' when he was spending his money in England.

I'll go back and say: I didn't treat football as a job,' he told La Repubblica.

'I was an idiot. I had talent, but I trained the bare minimum, an hour on the field. I was the last to arrive and the first to leave. I'd be out with friends. I had money, I lived like a king. I'd never been to the gym. That changes your later career.

'I bought three cars in one day when I was at Tottenham: a Lamborghini, a Hummer and a Cadillac. To the youngsters, I tell them: "You cannot buy happiness".

'I didn't play, I had family problems, I was out of the squad. I was looking for happiness in material things: a car makes you happy for a week. I bought three to be happy for three weeks.'

Boateng's journey hasn't been the most straightforward, moving from club to club during a 15-year career to date and when at AC Milan, it took a very sour turn.

He was racially abused during a Milan friendly in 2013 against Pro Patria and he reacted by kicking the ball into the stands before walking off the pitch as his team-mates followed.

He added: 'I also think of the three-year-old boy kicked in Cosenza for the colour of his skin. That was the incident that hurt me the most.

'The chants at the stadium want to remind us when our grandparents were slaves. But those who make those chants, before being racist, are ignorant.

'Ignorance must be abolished. At school, we must introduce an hour of integration: we must tell our children that we're all the same. They're our future.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7451941/Kevin-Prince-Boateng-admits-buying-THREE-cars-one-day-Tottenham-spell.html

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng: I Was An Idiot, I Bought 3 Cars In A Day by judgementyard(m): 4:30pm On Sep 11, 2019
Am happy for you since your eye don clear

148 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng: I Was An Idiot, I Bought 3 Cars In A Day by nelobiz: 4:32pm On Sep 11, 2019
No plans

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng: I Was An Idiot, I Bought 3 Cars In A Day by stanleysani(m): 4:35pm On Sep 11, 2019
thank God na you call yourself

16 Likes

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng: I Was An Idiot, I Bought 3 Cars In A Day by PEPPERified: 4:40pm On Sep 11, 2019
you now have sense abi?

4 Likes

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng: I Was An Idiot, I Bought 3 Cars In A Day by YorubaKing: 5:21pm On Sep 11, 2019
A wise puppy once said...

"Pesin wey chop beans go bed, na him matress and bedsheet go suffer am all night" grin

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng: I Was An Idiot, I Bought 3 Cars In A Day by victorazyvictor(m): 5:21pm On Sep 11, 2019
Still an

1 Like

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng: I Was An Idiot, I Bought 3 Cars In A Day by betterpikinn: 5:21pm On Sep 11, 2019
common sense not common.........

Better later than never.

1 Like

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng: I Was An Idiot, I Bought 3 Cars In A Day by Freemanbobble: 5:21pm On Sep 11, 2019
Shey this na the brother to that guy when Messi fall he hand

30 Likes

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng: I Was An Idiot, I Bought 3 Cars In A Day by Badonasty(m): 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2019
WriterNig:
Kevin-Prince Boateng has sensationally revealed he once purchased three cars in one day while at Tottenham.

The 32-year-old has regularly struggled to settle at a team and is now at the 11th club of his career having joined Fiorentina from Sassuolo this summer.

But now one of the older players in the dressing room, Boateng has regrets from his younger days and feels he 'didn't treat football as a job' when he was spending his money in England.

I'll go back and say: I didn't treat football as a job,' he told La Repubblica.

'I was an idiot. I had talent, but I trained the bare minimum, an hour on the field. I was the last to arrive and the first to leave. I'd be out with friends. I had money, I lived like a king. I'd never been to the gym. That changes your later career.

'I bought three cars in one day when I was at Tottenham: a Lamborghini, a Hummer and a Cadillac. To the youngsters, I tell them: "You cannot buy happiness".

'I didn't play, I had family problems, I was out of the squad. I was looking for happiness in material things: a car makes you happy for a week. I bought three to be happy for three weeks.'

Boateng's journey hasn't been the most straightforward, moving from club to club during a 15-year career to date and when at AC Milan, it took a very sour turn.

He was racially abused during a Milan friendly in 2013 against Pro Patria and he reacted by kicking the ball into the stands before walking off the pitch as his team-mates followed.

He added: 'I also think of the three-year-old boy kicked in Cosenza for the colour of his skin. That was the incident that hurt me the most.

'The chants at the stadium want to remind us when our grandparents were slaves. But those who make those chants, before being racist, are ignorant.

'Ignorance must be abolished. At school, we must introduce an hour of integration: we must tell our children that we're all the same. They're our future.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7451941/Kevin-Prince-Boateng-admits-buying-THREE-cars-one-day-Tottenham-spell.html

Likes this guy back in the days "no homo"...very skillful player...don't know what happened to him

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng: I Was An Idiot, I Bought 3 Cars In A Day by Teewhy2: 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2019

Am not judging or saying this is what most Nigeria players do but Kelechi should watch out.

Local man cannot agree less, most people always want to use material things to get happiness.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng: I Was An Idiot, I Bought 3 Cars In A Day by Emilokoiyawon: 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2019
Atiku ni shoemaker o!
gbogbo aye lo ti gbo
Atiku ni shoemaker o!
gbogbo aye lo ti gbo o
bata Buhari ma lo nu o
bata Buhari ma lo nu o
Atiku ni shoemaker o
gbogbo aye lo ti gbo

REPEAT as many times as desired

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng: I Was An Idiot, I Bought 3 Cars In A Day by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2019
Can someone please teach me how to write in emojis here
Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng: I Was An Idiot, I Bought 3 Cars In A Day by GavelSlam: 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2019
It takes a man to know.

5 Likes

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng: I Was An Idiot, I Bought 3 Cars In A Day by Crazeworld(m): 5:23pm On Sep 11, 2019
Is he broke now?
Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng: I Was An Idiot, I Bought 3 Cars In A Day by foolbuster: 5:23pm On Sep 11, 2019
Wisdom to be learnt hete

1 Like

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng: I Was An Idiot, I Bought 3 Cars In A Day by henshaw97: 5:23pm On Sep 11, 2019
Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng: I Was An Idiot, I Bought 3 Cars In A Day by Justbeingreal(m): 5:23pm On Sep 11, 2019
Hmmm!

Some deep words in that post mehn.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng: I Was An Idiot, I Bought 3 Cars In A Day by festacman(m): 5:23pm On Sep 11, 2019
Benefits of age-inspired hindsight.

8 Likes

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng: I Was An Idiot, I Bought 3 Cars In A Day by 24kmagic: 5:23pm On Sep 11, 2019
Him never see anything.

Retire first and you'll realise what an opportunity you've lost

Shebi you think life is all about fame and sex and all that?

When you go bankrupt due to poor savings plan then you will appreciate what life is.

11 Likes

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng: I Was An Idiot, I Bought 3 Cars In A Day by Lakside1955(m): 5:24pm On Sep 11, 2019
Na when dem broke dem dey always get sense.

Just like when yahoo boy just hammer, na flanbouyant life's style, once he's broke, he will be like "had I know"

4 Likes

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng: I Was An Idiot, I Bought 3 Cars In A Day by Emu4life(m): 5:24pm On Sep 11, 2019
No, you were not an idiot Prince. You did what you felt was right and that shows courage
It is not too late.

4 Likes

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng: I Was An Idiot, I Bought 3 Cars In A Day by soberdrunk(m): 5:24pm On Sep 11, 2019
angry
Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng: I Was An Idiot, I Bought 3 Cars In A Day by bigdammyj: 5:24pm On Sep 11, 2019
And now A Wise Man? grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng: I Was An Idiot, I Bought 3 Cars In A Day by Blacksodje(m): 5:24pm On Sep 11, 2019
He could have achieved more but he missed his way.

Most younger players won't learn.

Money na spirit

16 Likes

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng: I Was An Idiot, I Bought 3 Cars In A Day by chudez0147(m): 5:25pm On Sep 11, 2019
Village people don show this one Pepe ..
You get luck say you quick wake up

3 Likes

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng: I Was An Idiot, I Bought 3 Cars In A Day by ruggedtimi(m): 5:26pm On Sep 11, 2019
some players go dey there dey follow ronaldo wey don make am for football. Pogba better focus and stop dancing upanda

5 Likes

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng: I Was An Idiot, I Bought 3 Cars In A Day by Dare1971(m): 5:26pm On Sep 11, 2019
bigdammyj:
And now A Wise Man? grin grin grin
Lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jude Okoye Shows The Interior Of His House (Photos) / Don Jazzy And Banky W React To Tekno & Danfo Drivers Pictured Together / Fan Mocks Skiibii For Wearing The Same Pair Of Jeans(See Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.