Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Verdict, A Subversion Of Justice, Says Pdp...heads To Supreme Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Verdict, A Subversion Of Justice, Says Pdp...heads To Supreme Court (566 Views)

Presidency: PDP Heads To Appeal Court Over Plan To Stop Primary / Katsina: APC Clears Council Polls As PDP Heads To Court / PDP Heads To Court Over Osun Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Verdict, A Subversion Of Justice, Says Pdp...heads To Supreme Court by remababy2: 6:26pm On Sep 11, 2019
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) completely rejects the judgment of the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal describing it as provocative, barefaced subversion of justice and direct assault on the integrity of our nation’s justice system.

The party is particularly shocked that the tribunal failed to point to justice despite the flawless evidence laid before it, showing that President Buhari was not only unqualified to contest the election but also did not score the majority of valid votes at the polls.

The PDP finds as bewildering that a court of law could validate a clear case of perjury and declaration of false information in a sworn affidavit, as firmly established against President Muhammadu Buhari, even in the face of incontrovertible evidence.

The party is also rudely shocked that the Court took over the roles of the Respondents’ lawyers who clearly abandoned their pleadings by refusing to call evidence in defense of the petition. The court raked up all manner of excuses to make up for the yawning gaps occasioned by the total absence of any evidence from the Respondents.

Nigerians and the international community watched in utter disbelief when the tribunal ruled that one need not provide a copy or certified true copy of educational certificate such individual claimed to possess, contrary to established proof of claims of certification.

The party notes as strange that the court even went ahead to provide rationalizations in favour of President Buhari, even when all hard facts before it shows that he did not possess the claimed educational certificate and that the Army was not in possession of his WAEC certificate as claimed in the affidavit he deposed to in his Presidential nomination form.

The PDP also described as shocking that the court approved the flawed declaration of President Buhari as the winner of the election despite evidence to show the perpetration of illegalities, manipulations, alterations and subtraction of valid votes freely given to Atiku Abubakar by Nigerians.

Indeed, the pervading melancholic atmosphere across our nation since the verdict is a direct indication that the judgment has not fulfilled the desires and expectations of Nigerians.

The PDP however encouraged Nigerians to remain calm and not to lose hope or surrender to despondency or self-help, as our lawyers are upbeat in obtaining justice at the Supreme Court.

This is more so as the tribunal itself admitted that there are several errors in the judgment.

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/verdict-subversion-justice-says-pdp-heads-supreme-court/

Re: Verdict, A Subversion Of Justice, Says Pdp...heads To Supreme Court by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 11, 2019
I said it! My plane may have been diverted but I am still coming!!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Verdict, A Subversion Of Justice, Says Pdp...heads To Supreme Court by seunmsg(m): 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2019
The expected reaction from the party of sore losers. We never expected them to accept the sound judgement of the PEPT in good faith. They are not even sober that they lost by a unanimous decision. Their lawyers couldn’t even convince just one of the five judges to support the Atiku petition. Shameless lots.

3 Likes

Re: Verdict, A Subversion Of Justice, Says Pdp...heads To Supreme Court by yinkus6750(m): 6:32pm On Sep 11, 2019
Typographical errors in the judgement to be corrected before copies are given to legal parties.
That's when they have time to study the judgement very well.
Plenty money still to be made by lawyers.
No problem
Re: Verdict, A Subversion Of Justice, Says Pdp...heads To Supreme Court by Peacecore: 6:33pm On Sep 11, 2019
Atiku's case is aa useless as used tissue paper. I'm disappointed on tribunal that they didn't fine him for wasting court time.

2 Likes

Re: Verdict, A Subversion Of Justice, Says Pdp...heads To Supreme Court by festacman(m): 6:33pm On Sep 11, 2019
Re: Verdict, A Subversion Of Justice, Says Pdp...heads To Supreme Court by crestedaguiyi: 6:50pm On Sep 11, 2019
seunmsg:
The expected reaction from the party of sore losers. We never expected them to accept the sound judgement of the PEPT in good faith. They are not even sober that they lost by a unanimous decision. Their lawyers couldn’t even convince just one of the five judges to support the Atiku petition. Shameless lots.

What's your problem with people putting the judiciary to work.

Learn to be civil, the party and her candidate is only exercising their constitutional rights.
Re: Verdict, A Subversion Of Justice, Says Pdp...heads To Supreme Court by FarahAideed: 6:52pm On Sep 11, 2019
We should have even filed our appeal with the supreme Court since yesterday because we all knew there was no way will get Justice is the hands of Buhari tutored Herdsmen Sharia tribunal
Re: Verdict, A Subversion Of Justice, Says Pdp...heads To Supreme Court by FarahAideed: 6:54pm On Sep 11, 2019
seunmsg:

What are you scared of ? Is the Herdsmen Judiciary no longer in your pocket ? Relax we will stretch that Nigerian legal system so there is enough evidence for the future to learn from .
Re: Verdict, A Subversion Of Justice, Says Pdp...heads To Supreme Court by densiks: 7:00pm On Sep 11, 2019
After all these shocks,the PDP died.

A party that had all the time and opportunity to prove its case beyond any reasonable doubt but failed to do so is now claiming how shocked it has become and are now national mood guessers.

Bunch of clowns unfit to be an opposition party to a failed government.
Re: Verdict, A Subversion Of Justice, Says Pdp...heads To Supreme Court by Eteka1(m): 7:00pm On Sep 11, 2019
Very funny PDP.
Re: Verdict, A Subversion Of Justice, Says Pdp...heads To Supreme Court by seunmsg(m): 7:01pm On Sep 11, 2019
crestedaguiyi:

What's your problem with people putting the judiciary to work.

Learn to be civil, the party and her candidate is only exercising their constitutional rights.

There is nothing uncivil about my post. I concede Atiku has the right to take his useless case to the Supreme Court. You must also concede that it is still within my right to post my opinion on the case.

In Saner climes, people only go to court when they have evidence of serious electoral malpractices. Atiku’s case is just a tissue of lies. He lost the election free and square. He should stop being a bad loser and accept his defeat in good faith.
Re: Verdict, A Subversion Of Justice, Says Pdp...heads To Supreme Court by crestedaguiyi: 7:05pm On Sep 11, 2019
You can hand pick the tribunal judges but not the supreme court court judges.

Both the Sudanese the cameroonian are not my choice candidates but rubbishing the legal profession should never be encouraged as nobody knows tomorrow
Re: Verdict, A Subversion Of Justice, Says Pdp...heads To Supreme Court by DesChyko: 7:08pm On Sep 11, 2019
seunmsg:

There is nothing uncivil about my post. I concede Atiku has the right to take his useless case to the Supreme Court. You must also concede that it is still within my right to post my opinion on the case.

In Saner climes, people only go to court when they have evidence of serious electoral malpractices. Atiku’s case is just a tissue of lies. He lost the election free and square. He should stop being a bad loser and accept his defeat in good faith.

Concede he has the right to go to court in the first paragraph.

State why he musn't go to court in the second paragraph.

In saner climes, people should just be straightforward with what they feel.
Re: Verdict, A Subversion Of Justice, Says Pdp...heads To Supreme Court by seunmsg(m): 7:16pm On Sep 11, 2019
DesChyko:

Concede he has the right to go to court in the first paragraph.

State why he musn't go to court in the second paragraph.

In saner climes, people should just be straightforward with what they feel.

You wailers really need to cool down. Accept defeat and move on. You can give it another try in 2023. You lost this already. I’ve got enough beer to go round if any of you need a drink. grin

Re: Verdict, A Subversion Of Justice, Says Pdp...heads To Supreme Court by Ceoking6: 7:35pm On Sep 11, 2019
But come to think of it buhari bad governance is what is keeping PDP alive o.

Its not like they are even more active than kowa since 2015
Re: Verdict, A Subversion Of Justice, Says Pdp...heads To Supreme Court by crestedaguiyi: 8:14pm On Sep 11, 2019
seunmsg:

His case is not useless at least to his supporters and those who want to test the strength if our laws.
The news was seen on tv where some persons were prevented from voting, underage were allowed to vote and the likes.

Let's stop preventing people from exercising theeir constitutional rights because the situation favours us
Re: Verdict, A Subversion Of Justice, Says Pdp...heads To Supreme Court by DesChyko: 8:43pm On Sep 11, 2019
seunmsg:

You wailers really need to cool down. Accept defeat and move on. You can give it another try in 2023. You lost this already. I’ve got enough beer to go round if any of you need a drink. grin

In saner climes people should learn to maintain their focus.

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Take Alleged Marginalisation By Federal Government To United Nations. / Fani Kayode Facebook Page Hacked, Hackers Demand $20k To Restore Page / 30 Year Old Woman Without One Hand And One Leg Gave Birth To Triplets In Kogi.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.