Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,451 members, 7,954,770 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:53 AM

I May Be The Next Governor In Osun If… – 27-year-old Lawmaker Declares - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I May Be The Next Governor In Osun If… – 27-year-old Lawmaker Declares (510 Views)

Just In: Tribunal Sacks APC Kano Lawmaker, Declares PDP Candidate Winner 13 Minu / Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' / Omosede Igbinedion Congratulates Femi Otedola As "Next Governor Of Lagos" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I May Be The Next Governor In Osun If… – 27-year-old Lawmaker Declares by Princsk1(m): 10:31pm On Sep 11, 2019
THE youngest lawmaker in Osun state, Alimat Oyeyemi admonished youth to brace up to get involved in politics and ignore the saying that politics is meant for people belonging to a certain age bracket or social status.

The female lawmaker representing ward 7, Olorunda Local government in the local government parliamentary of the state.

Alimat further declared that she, she might be the next governor of the state if her ambition is backed by the party, as she is already eyeing the position.

Alimat said this while presenting incentive for students who participated in the summer tutorial that lasted till Friday September 6, 2019, organized by Osogbo National Students’ Union (ONSU) on Monday.

The female lawmaker had voluntarily tutored junior and senior school students till the tutorial lapse.

Sharing her experience, Alimat explained that occupying such political seat at such tender age is a dream come true and the journey has been pretty smooth and fine, “As the youngest in the system, my colleagues understand me, so I don’t have any problem managing my office” Alimat says.

While speaking on amiss attitudes some youths put on after occupying a post, she addressed it as discouraging.

She said, “The educated youths need to come back together to influence others. It is on this vision that I want us to come together. Politics is not just for experienced people. We also have our role in ensuring that normalcy is restored in our grassroots.

“I always felt so disappointed when I ahead about the news of youths who are suppose to be a model but now turned to a bad example. We are young and we suppose to represent youth to the expectations to give room for others.

“Leadership is key to direction and it is time we start highlighting the problem of our country. We have leaders who don’t have experience and it is time we all come in.

“To perfect change in this part all the world, we all need to get involved and our orientation that politics is meant for some people must change.”

https://happeningsng.com/i-might-be-the-next-governor-in-osun-if-27-year-old-lawmaker-declares/

Cc lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique Seun OAM4J

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I May Be The Next Governor In Osun If… – 27-year-old Lawmaker Declares by icebird25(m): 10:57pm On Sep 11, 2019
Please where's the person that is talking I really want to see his/her real pics .

Because if the pics I'm seeing above is the person talking I swear I'm highly disappointed..

Well osun &ogun state and strange news is like 5and6
Re: I May Be The Next Governor In Osun If… – 27-year-old Lawmaker Declares by budaatum: 11:30pm On Sep 11, 2019
It's about time a state had a female governor.

(1) (Reply)

Ogor Hails DESOPADEC Boss, Askia Ogieh On His Birthday / [BREAKING] Xenophobia: What Obasanjo Wrote To South Africa / Shock And Disappointment, As Governor Goes On To Dialogue With Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.