Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:02 AM

Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' (34205 Views)

I Have Fought A Good Fight ― Gboyega Isiaka / Gboyega Isiaka Oyetola's Posters & Billboard Destroyed And Burnt In Osun / OSUN APC Governorship Primary Election Update (Gboyega Isiaka Leading) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' by Kingsmeal: 7:06am On Nov 11, 2018
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has said that Gboyega Isiaka, the governorship candidate of the African Democratic Congress, will be the next governor of Ogun state, the Punch reports .

He said this on Saturday when leaders of the state ADC formally presented Isiaka and his running mate, Mrs Olabisi Okeowo-Bolade, to him at the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library, Abeokuta.

Obasanjo, who described Isiaka as a “good, credible and worthy candidate” to govern the state in 2019, said he believed in him to succeed the incumbent governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun.

The Chairman of the ADC in the state, Dr Gbolade Osinowo, presented the candidates for Senate, House of Representatives and state House of Assembly of the party to the former president.

Obasanjo said the Ogun West zone must be allowed to produce the next governor in 2019 in the spirit of equity, fairness and justice.

He said:

“I am happy that today, you are presenting to me a candidate of the party and a candidate who is worthy of being a candidate. What do you expect me to say if not to say this is my son in whom I am well pleased? He is a man who has ears and he listens. When he gets there, he will be grateful.
“You don’t have to leave any stone unturned. You may have somebody who is opposed to you.

That is normal. But you have no enemy because you need all hands on deck to do what needs to be done in this state when you become the governor.
“Don’t quarrel or fight with anybody. You have what others will envy. Wherever I go, I will say the ADC in Ogun State has a good and credible product. Just give it a try and you will be pleasantly surprised.”

Earlier in his address, the state ADC chairman said the ruling All Progressives Congress and opposition Peoples Democratic Party had failed the state, adding that they were currently divided and could not guarantee good and purposeful governance.,

Read more:

https://zenithnaija.com/gboyega-isiaka-is-next-governor-of-ogun-state-obasanjo/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' by Tenn88: 7:09am On Nov 11, 2018
Ok. 2nd FTC of the day, I dedicate it to my fuckmates.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' by frankdGreat125: 7:15am On Nov 11, 2018
We are waiting, since you have seen yourself as a semi God, to impose him to the people.
We are watching...... to see if na only u waka come

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' by PaChukwudi44(m): 7:17am On Nov 11, 2018
With all the crisis in APC and PDP, he is favoured to win

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' by PaChukwudi44(m): 7:17am On Nov 11, 2018
frankdGreat125:
We are waiting, since you have seen yourself as a semi God, to impose him to the people.
Are you talking about OBJ or Tinubu?

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' by Baawaa(m): 7:18am On Nov 11, 2018
Says who?
Obasanjo that cannot win his local government, sincerely Baba Obasanjo did not have good reputation in Ogun State withl his international recognitions,Baba cannot win his ward.

23 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' by Maxymilliano(m): 7:20am On Nov 11, 2018
GNI is the best candidate among the lots, but unfortunately, the ADC structure in Ogun State is weak and cannot deliver, except in Ogun West.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' by LibertyRep: 7:22am On Nov 11, 2018
Ok
Re: Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 11, 2018
PDP and factions of APC would be best supporting this man, its way better than a drug baron and a greedy godfather..

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' by haryorbarmie83(m): 7:24am On Nov 11, 2018
I laugh in German. These people can't stop to amused somebody.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' by Omeokachie: 7:24am On Nov 11, 2018
Done deal

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' by LibertyRep: 7:27am On Nov 11, 2018
The odds favour him this time around.

This life sha. In 2011 when GNI could have won, it was same Obasanjo that propped out Olurin from within PDP that made him scamper for succor under PPN, the poll they both lost to Amosun's ACN.

Truly, there aren't permanent friends and enemies in politics.

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' by argon500: 7:30am On Nov 11, 2018
Same Obasanjo that can't win his polling unit. GNI has always been in a wrong party same as JK

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' by Ryott: 7:30am On Nov 11, 2018
Obasanjo is not God

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' by seunmsg(m): 7:32am On Nov 11, 2018
PaChukwudi44:
With all the crisis in APC and PDP, he is favoured to win

Stop deceiving yourself, Isiaka is not winning anything. Dapo Abiodun is the next governor of Ogun state.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' by argon500: 7:44am On Nov 11, 2018
seunmsg:

Stop deceiving yourself, Isiaka is not winning anything. Dapo Abiodun is the next governor of Ogun state.

You dey mind them.Their hypocrisy stinks. They believe PDP will win in south west while ruling APC out of winning in any SE/SS states

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' by tollyboy5(m): 7:45am On Nov 11, 2018
argon500:
Same Obasanjo that can't win his polling unit. GNI has always been in a wrong party same as JK
Civilized people vote for person while backward people vote for party

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' by argon500: 7:49am On Nov 11, 2018
tollyboy5:

Civilized people vote for person while backward people vote for party

In south west. PDP is more like an ebola. Which project do they want to point out as their achievement down south?

As for Buhari's project, even blind people can testify. By Jan 2019, if the Lagos- Ibadan rail starts full operation, it simply means you can be residing in Ibadan/Abeokuta and be working in Lagos. Less than 2 hours.

If that is what you call backwardness, then I give up

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' by tollyboy5(m): 8:01am On Nov 11, 2018
argon500:

In south west. PDP is more like an ebola. Which project do they want to point out as their achievement down south?

As for Buhari's project, even blind people can testify. By Jan 2019, if the Lagos- Ibadan rail starts full operation, it simply means you can be residing in Ibadan/Abeokuta and be working in Lagos. Less than 2 hours.

I'm not concerned about presidency since atiku is a thief. But in state levels only individual want good plan for their administration. Party wants money that's agbero will never end in lagos. It was right for us not to collect owo omo-onile but wrong for tinubu not to collet lagos/agbero proceedings

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' by argon500: 8:09am On Nov 11, 2018
tollyboy5:

I'm not concerned about presidency since atiku is a thief. But in state levels only individual want good plan for their administration. Party wants money that's why we agbero will never end in lagos. It was right for us not to collect owo omo-onile but wrong for tinubu not to collet lagos/agbero proceedings

My friend, Agbero(bus conductor) is not an illegal job any where in the world. And let me burst your head, some of those who you refer to agbero are big men in their community. If you have 5 bus operating in any root in Lagos, you are a millionaire.

Una leave Una land Wey develop( as you guys claimed) in drove to land Wey Una still claim dey backward( any sense in that)?

According to Ambode, 76 people enter Lagos state every 1 hour with no plan of returning anytime soon. We know the region where 70% of them are from.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' by modath(f): 8:41am On Nov 11, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Are you talking about OBJ or Tinubu?

Papa,.you never stop this your offside political fantasies.... & why are you not supporting PDP in Ogun?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' by tollyboy5(m): 9:01am On Nov 11, 2018
argon500:

My friend, Agbero(bus conductor) is not an illegal job any where in the world. And let me burst your head, some of those wo you refer to agbero are big man in their community. If you have 5 bus operating in any root in Lagos, you are a millionaire.

Una leave Una land Wey develop( as you guys claimed) in drove to land Wey Una still claim dey backward( any sense in that)?

According to Ambode, 76 people enter Lagos state every 1 hour with no plan of returning anytime soon. We know the region where 70% of them are from.
I don't think you are omo EKO. Tell me where you came from because I'm from epe lagos state. We don't label people since we are not tribal bigot. We have many enemies around us portraying themselves as omo odua marginalizing are people claiming lagos belong to all yorubas and there is no indigene. Since you don't know the difference between conductor and agbero I guess you are not living in lagos sef because every lagosians knows the difference

9 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' by sapoyoro(m): 9:50am On Nov 11, 2018
argon500:

so only lagos-ibadan rail exist in SW..
I'm waiting for what apc will use to campaign for us in osun state

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' by SarkinYarki: 9:53am On Nov 11, 2018
frankdGreat125:

When Tinubu is imposing in Lagos you are the same person that hailed him as master strategist bit now as it's Obasanjo you are saying something else

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' by haffaze777(m): 9:58am On Nov 11, 2018
Baawaa:
Says who?
Obasanjo that cannot win his local government, sincerely Baba Obasanjo did not have good reputation in Ogun State withl his international recognitions,Baba cannot win his ward.

Local government or what?can he win his polling booth?I would have love to vote this GNI but frolicking with obasanjo will affect his chance greatly in Abeokuta, because most egba man don't fancy Obasanjo.

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:59am On Nov 11, 2018
argon500:

You dey mind them.Their hypocrisy stinks. They believe PDP will win in south west while ruling APC out of winning in any SE/SS states
Is Isiaka a PDP man?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:00am On Nov 11, 2018
haffaze777:

Local government or what?can he win his polling booth?I would have love to vote this GNI but frolicking with obasanjo will affect his chance greatly in Abeokuta, because most egba man don't fancy Obasanjo.
At least he won presidential election twice something Tinubu is yet to achieve

8 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 11, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Now , you people have started supporting obj again, na wa o. Why you people always moving with winds to no directions?
Nobody as at now can predict what will happen in Ogun state because it will be a very close contest . Too many aggrieved gladiators and loopholes that cut across all the popular parties there. Obj just said what they wanted to say, not what will eventually happen.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' by haffaze777(m): 10:42am On Nov 11, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

What's my problem with tinubu?Mr man u better stop this ur tinubu obsession before it turn to something else,we are discussing gboyega nasir isiaka here and the next thing u can come up is tinubu,don't let ur hatred for tinubu send u to ur early grave

10 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' by lenghtinny(m): 11:07am On Nov 11, 2018
seunmsg:

Are you from Ogun State? I highly doubt that because if you are, you won't make ridiculous claims like that.....

Even Dapo won't believe such a spurious allegation angry

9 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' by lenghtinny(m): 11:16am On Nov 11, 2018
haffaze777:

Definition of hypocrisy angry

You egbas don't fancy Obj but you fancy Amosun who happens to be a known Obj's boy and is even worse than him...... You think Obj went to the governor's office just to take pictures the other day abi?

GNI is the next governor regardless of his association with Obj..... Dapo that can't even win senate in 2015 with Amosun's support will now stand a chance to win the governorship with the party structure in Amosun's hands... You must be mistaken angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ / Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President / PDP Chieftain Stripped Unclad For Supporting APC Candidate In Benue State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.