Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,837 members, 7,828,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To (2274 Views)

We Are All Hypocrite: Nobody Really Wants To Separate In This Country / This Fact Will Prove To U That Nobody Can Beat Buhari In Kano State Nt Evn Rmk / Which Of These PDP Men Can Beat Buhari? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by Rosskiki: 11:02pm On Sep 11, 2019
Militarily, Nigeria can defeat South Africa with proper strategy. The difference between both militaries is very small. Plus the Nigerian military is far more battle-hardened and battle-ready than the SA military, who haven't fought any wars in recent history. Plus they have not shown - as Nigeria has done repeatedly - the capacity to deploy and maintain large battalions of troops far away from their borders, for sustained periods -
an important military capability.

Nigeria remains the ONLY African country to have repeatedly done this - in Darfur, in Somalia, in Sierra Leone, and in Liberia, plus smaller scale campaigns in the Congo and in Mali.

In a conflict, Nigeria will smartly seek out traditional military allies like Egypt, Sudan and Ethiopia, to add extra firepower and air support.

Believe me SA can be beaten black and blue if Nigeria really wants to go for it.

TOP AFRICAN COUNTRIES BY MILITARY POWER:

1 EGYPT
2 ALGERIA
3 SOUTH AFRICA
4 NIGERIA
5 ETHIOPIA
6 ANGOLA
7 MOROCCO
8 SUDAN
9 DRC
10 LIBYA

https://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing-africa.asp

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by NGRsenate: 11:23pm On Sep 11, 2019
With what? The same guns they buy from South Africa?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by Rosskiki: 11:25pm On Sep 11, 2019
NGRsenate:

South African arms comprise less than 0.001% of Nigerian weaponry. At least try to research, however briefly, before typing.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by meccuno: 11:25pm On Sep 11, 2019
NGRsenate:
grin grin
Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by FarahAideed: 11:26pm On Sep 11, 2019
Abeg keep quiet
Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by meccuno: 11:26pm On Sep 11, 2019
Some Nigerians are sentimental and foolish at the same time .

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by tyup(m): 11:27pm On Sep 11, 2019
Rosskiki:
Militarily, Nigeria can defeat South Africa with proper strategy. The difference between both militaries is very small. Plus the Nigerian military is far more battle-hardened and battle-ready than the SA military, who haven't fought any wars in recent history. Plus they have not shown - as Nigeria has done repeatedly - the capacity to deploy and maintain large battalions of troops far away from their borders, for sustained periods -

Nigeria remains the ONLY African country to have repeatedly done this - in Darfur, in Somalia, in Sierra Leone, and in Liberia, plus smaller scale campaigns in the Congo and in Mali.

In a conflict, Nigeria will smartly seek out traditional military allies like Egypt, Sudan and Ethiopia, to add extra firepower and air support.

Believe me SA can be beaten black and blue if Nigeria really wants to go for it.

1 EGYPT
2 ALGERIA
3 SOUTH AFRICA
4 NIGERIA
5 ETHIOPIA
6 ANGOLA
7 MOROCCO
8 SUDAN
9 DRC
10 LIBYA

so you still believe wars in this 21st century are fought with foot soliders??

you need a rethink or an update on that

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by Rosskiki: 11:30pm On Sep 11, 2019
tyup:

If wars are not fought with foot soldiers what is the US doing with thousands of troops in Afghanistan and Iraq as we speak? Not to mention their military bases in Europe and the Pacific which house tens of thousands of soldiers?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by NGRsenate: 11:31pm On Sep 11, 2019
Rosskiki:

South African arms constitute less than 0.001% of Nigerian weaponry. At least try to research, however briefly, before typing.

0.001% but wars have been won on far less.

Who are their allies and who are our allies?

Wait... what do you know about war?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by tyup(m): 11:31pm On Sep 11, 2019
Rosskiki:

South African arms constitute less than 0.001% of Nigerian weaponry. At least try to research, however briefly, before typing.

like what and what? leave research as lies can be uploaded to feel on top in deceit and let's deal with what we know and have seen rating our military's capability

Nigeria militarily is weak take it or leave it

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by tpiar: 11:32pm On Sep 11, 2019
Nairaland again.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by NGRsenate: 11:32pm On Sep 11, 2019
Rosskiki:

If wars are not fought with foot soldiers what is the US doing with thousands of troops in Afghanistan and Iraq as we speak? Not to mention their military bases in Europe and the Pacific which house tens of thousands of soldiers?

Go and read up on “Stuxnet” and similar attacks then you can come and argue
Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by tyup(m): 11:33pm On Sep 11, 2019
Rosskiki:

it's funny how.....you think those soliders really go to battle Talibans? no bro Drones does most of the work

plus we're talking about country to country war not war on terrorism
Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by Rosskiki: 11:34pm On Sep 11, 2019
tyup:

like what and what? leave research as lies can be uploaded to feel on top in deceit and let's deal with what we know and have seen rating our military's capability

Nigeria militarily is weak take it or leave it

As an educated person, I'll take the assessment of professional military sources like globalfirepower.com any day of the week over uninformed, beer parlour, allergic-to-research, armchair 'analysts' like you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by eTECTIV: 11:35pm On Sep 11, 2019
Rosskiki:

South African arms comprise less than 0.001% of Nigerian weaponry. At least try to research, however briefly, before typing.

Seriously U need to kip kwayet and stop embarassing urself... Do U know what modern warfare is all about? U think it's mobilising troops and doing press up for d camera? Lemme explain exactly what would happen in d simplest terms for U to understand...
South Africa has missile capabilities and missile defence system... If Nigeria wants to attack by air, land or sea dey'll b wiped out before dey even step foot in South Africa.. Nigeria would need allies for dem to b able to land it's troops in countries bothering South Africa and dat we know is a tall order..

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by Rosskiki: 11:36pm On Sep 11, 2019
eTECTIV:

Seriously U need to kip kwayet and stop embarassing urself...

If you have nothing to contribute, get lost.

I am not riff raff like you who comes online to type with an empty head. I actually research before posting. So kindly leave if you have nothing to add.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 11, 2019
How can you fight war with a country you don't share border with abi na spiritual warfare?
How many allies can Nigeria under Buhari boast of?
Forget paper talk, what is Nigeria's strength today militarily?
Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by FarahAideed: 11:37pm On Sep 11, 2019
This unrealistic nature of Nigerians is exactly why they have no electricity , no good roads , no pipe borne water ,poor security , hyper poverty , no proper toilets , highest number of children out of school etc . I have come to notice the average Nigerian doesn't have the ability to even know when something is wrong at all .. Is it the 4 rickety alpha jet which are relics from the 80s you want to use and fight south Africa ? Please don't annoy me

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by tyup(m): 11:38pm On Sep 11, 2019
Rosskiki:

As an educated person, I'll take the assessment of professional sources like globalfirepower.com any day of the week over uninformed, beer parlour, allergic to research, armchair 'analysts' like you.

the only arm chair analyst here is you who had wholly given room to ignorance

when last did ur government purchase arms? the latest aircraft/attack jets is what year? do you have weapons to counter attacks or bring down a FOD jet?

well I wount fool myself if you really would do to urself

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by LZAA: 11:38pm On Sep 11, 2019
tyup:

grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by ZZ22: 11:38pm On Sep 11, 2019
Delusions everywhere.
Defeat Boko Haram first before thinking of engaging the least of African country in a warfare.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by Rosskiki: 11:38pm On Sep 11, 2019
FarahAideed:
This unrealistic nature of Nigerians is exactly why they have no electricity , no good roads , no pipe borne water ,poor security , hyper poverty , no proper toilets , highest number of children out of school etc . I have come to notice the average Nigerian doesn't have the ability to even know when something is wrong at all .. Is it the 4 rickety alpha jet which are relics from the 80s you want to use and fight south Africa ? Please don't annoy me

As an educated person, I'll take the assessment of professional military sources like globalfirepower.com any day of the week over uninformed, beer parlour, allergic-to-research, armchair 'analysts' like you.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by LZAA: 11:38pm On Sep 11, 2019
Rosskiki:

1 EGYPT
2 ALGERIA
3 SOUTH AFRICA
4 NIGERIA
5 ETHIOPIA
6 ANGOLA
7 MOROCCO
8 SUDAN
9 DRC
10 LIBYA

Sarrki is that you grin
Cc immhotep Afonjaconehead GMBuharii Adaibeku Afamed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by Rosskiki: 11:40pm On Sep 11, 2019
tyup:

the only arm chair analyst here is you who had wholly given room to ignorance

when last did ur government purchase arms?

You actually think the Nigerian military makes announcements when it purchases weapons?

I really wonder what schools you people attended. Your ignorance stinks to the heavens.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by tyup(m): 11:42pm On Sep 11, 2019
eTECTIV:

Seriously U need to kip kwayet and stop embarassing urself...
J111333:
How can you fight war with a country you don't share border with abi na spiritual warfare?
How many allies can Nigeria under Buhari boast of?
Forget paper talk, what is Nigeria's strength today militarily?
FarahAideed:

please let's just ignore the simpleton....reading thr his comments you'll easily figure out nigga is marred within the shackles of ignorance and gullibility

as for me I'm not ready to help him lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by LZAA: 11:42pm On Sep 11, 2019
Them sa boys have 3 submarines while there is none here
I never even call their fighter jets ooo which should be around 12-14 grin
Sarrki stop all this ya play play
Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by LZAA: 11:44pm On Sep 11, 2019
Rosskiki:

You actually think the Nigerian military makes announcements when it purchases weapons?

I really wonder what schools you people attended. Your ignorance stinks to the heavens.
Sarrki even the us make announcements when they purchase military equipments
Unlike ur lousy DSS,spy agencies around the world work efficiently so these things are not hidden

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 11, 2019
tyup:

it's funny how.....you think those soliders really go to battle Talibans? no bro Drones does most of the work

plus we're talking about country to country war not war on terrorism
Yes, foot soldiers do. Snipers and their spotters do more than drones sef, stop watching too much movies.
No matter the technical strength of militaries, number of foot soldiers still go a long way in determining outcome of wars.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by Rosskiki: 11:44pm On Sep 11, 2019
ZZ22:
Delusions everywhere.
Defeat Boko Haram first before thinking of engaging the least of African country in a warfare.

The ONLY thing that prevents the Nigerian army from obliterating Boko Haram in 5 minutes or less, is the massive civilian casualties that would result from any such an offensive. Being a terrorist group, they melt into civilian society and are therefore difficult to beat without unacceptably high civilian casualties. It is the same reason the US is still fighting the ragtag Taliban 20 years after 9/11

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by eTECTIV: 11:45pm On Sep 11, 2019
Rosskiki:

It's either u have problems with reading or u have gross comprehension deformity becos even globalfirepower is clear with their stats

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by Rosskiki: 11:47pm On Sep 11, 2019
tyup:

shut the hell up if it doesn't makes announcements how do you get to read of them?

can you see you're a big time Oxy- M0ron here contradicting yourself undecided

You read of them by researching international military sources documenting the armaments status of nations.

The fact that you think nations' military hardware are assessed by reading newspaper/media announcements, just shows your level.

Motorpark tout.

Why not leave this thread and go discuss Big Brother or something with your mates?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is What Saw In Edo State "We Have God The Father Not God Father " / ‘tinubu Fled To London In Ambulance, Presidential Ambition Dead On Arrival Sowa / We'll Unleash Propaganda On Buhari's Government - Tinubu Support Groups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.