Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,023 members, 7,953,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:10 AM

Spirituality? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spirituality? (252 Views)

Guru Deseye Subai's Daily Spirituality Tip --- For Your Spiritual Enlightenment! / Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction - Spirituality As A Possible Decoy / Is There Any Spirituality Associated With First Rain Of The Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spirituality? by MrColdsweat: 1:58am On Sep 12, 2019
As a Christian, Muslim, freethinker, Buddhist, traditionalist etc what does spirituality mean to you?

When you hear the term spirituality, what do you think of? What crosses your mind?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Spirituality? by ipobarethieves: 3:48am On Sep 12, 2019
sad
Re: Spirituality? by chucks185: 4:02am On Sep 12, 2019
MrColdsweat:
As a Christian, Muslim, freethinker, Buddhist, traditionalist etc what does spirituality mean to you?

When you hear the term spirituality, what do you think of? What crosses your mind?
WHAT COMES TO MY MIND WHEN I HEAR THE WORD 'SPIRITUALITY' DEPENDS ON THE CONTEXT ON WHICH THE TERM WAS USED. FOR EXAMPLE IF THE TERM'S USED IN CHRISTIANDOM, I THINK ABOUT BEING GODLY.BUT IF THE TERM'S USED IN PHYLOSOPHY OR PSYCHOLOGY, I THINK ABOUT ENLIGHTENMENT, THE SAME WORD CAN ALSO MAKE ME THINK COSULTATION OF THE ORACLES, OR GOING DIABOLIC, WHEN USED BY NATIVE PEOPLE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spirituality? by LordReed(m): 8:31am On Sep 12, 2019
I think of it as the attempts we make to understand and harness the rather unknown aspects of our human minds and psyche. Some of these attempts are couched in religious language that make it seem faith based or exclusive but it is not. Take meditation, a technique that anybody can use and see results, not because of any spirits but it's like weightlifting for your mind.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

If The Sea Does Not Boil, How Come it Evaporates / ''how To Still Before The Lord'' / Register For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.