Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,996 members, 7,828,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Mimiko: Why Nigerian Leaders Steal Public Funds • Urges Women To Protest Na Ked - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mimiko: Why Nigerian Leaders Steal Public Funds • Urges Women To Protest Na Ked (1974 Views)

12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB / GEJ, Buhari, IBB, Other Past Nigerian Leaders At Council Of State Meeting Abuja / Prof. Osinbajo Pledges To God Not To Steal Public Funds If Elected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mimiko: Why Nigerian Leaders Steal Public Funds • Urges Women To Protest Na Ked by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 29, 2010
[size=18pt]Mimiko: Why Nigerian leaders steal public funds • Urges women to protest na ked [/size]

Ondo State Governor, Dr. Olusegun Rahman Mimiko yesterday identified defective upbringing and personality problems as key factors responsible for why political leaders (apparently referring to corrupt governors and ministers, e.t.c) steal public funds and engage in various acts of the abused use of public offices.

Mimiko also said the trend of stealing public funds was not yet in sight until the country's women fully get involved in political activism, even by protesting na ked against all forms of injustice and corrupt practices.

He expressed this view yesterday at the at the 10th National Women Conference (NWC), which was organised by the Committee of Wives of Lagos State Officials (COWLSO) held at the Expo Centre of Eko Hotels and Suites, Lagos under the leadership of Lagos State First Lady, Dame Emmanuella Abimbola Fashola.

At the conference are Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN), Lagos State Chairman of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Delta State First Lady, Mrs. Roli and her Ondo State counterpart, Mrs. Oluwakemi Mimiko among others.

Speaking at the conference, Mimiko blamed the rot in the country on what he described as "defective upbringing, collapsed value system and weak family structure, which did not help build requirements for the prudent management of public funds and good leadership qualities.

"It is only in this part of the world that leaders will steal more than three or four generations need. This is very unfortunate. Such leader indeed has personality problems and defective background. They steal more than what three or four generation can spend. And the consequence brings about sufferings for several millions.

"The building of a country starts with a family. Defective upbringing is responsible for leadership problems in the country today. When a man steals more than he needs, you will discover that something is wrong with him. Until we have a solid family system, it will be difficult to over Nigeria's perennial problems".

He also told a gathering of sophisticated female delegates from different states of the federation to stand against all forms of injustice, electoral frauds and corrupt practices, which inflict untold pains and sufferings on the people of Nigeria.

He cited an example of how Ondo State women staged a protest in the middle of the Benin-Akure Road on the day the state 2007 governorship election was announced, saying the women protested na ked against all forms of injustice.

Mimiko therefore said if women "can protest nak ed, the country will shake. And there will be desired change we pray to witness. Change will not come in this country until women fully get involved in political activism".

He commended the country's country judiciary, saying the history of his political "will not be complete without the judiciary, which he said, favourably determined his petition against the usurper of the mandate my people gave me".

He added that his administration conducted a study recently and discovered that about 36 percent of retirees in the state died while waiting for their benefits and gratuities. As a result, he said, we paid N1.4 billion to the retirees in the state.

At the conference, Fashola praised the courage and determination of Governor Mimiko, an approach he said, eventually gave him victory in the petition he filed against the People's Democratic Party (PDP) government in the state.

Fashola also commended the COWLSO under the leadership of Abimbola Fashola. With the kind of commitment deployed by COWLSO members, he said, you will find the reason and understanding for the leadership role that Lagos continues to play in the development of Nigeria and Africa.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/oct/28/212.html
Re: Mimiko: Why Nigerian Leaders Steal Public Funds • Urges Women To Protest Na Ked by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 29, 2010
Although I understand his plight, how can he think that protesting na ked is the only way to solve this?

Are we sure that Mimiko is not Jakumo?
Re: Mimiko: Why Nigerian Leaders Steal Public Funds • Urges Women To Protest Na Ked by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 29, 2010
Mimiko therefore said if women[b] "can protest nak ed[/b], the country will shake. And there will be desired change we pray to witness. Change will not come in this country until women fully get involved in political activism".

Yea, something will def be desired.
Re: Mimiko: Why Nigerian Leaders Steal Public Funds • Urges Women To Protest Na Ked by googles: 7:55am On Oct 29, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin

my gofnor said dat? wat an outstanding perv he is cheesy
Re: Mimiko: Why Nigerian Leaders Steal Public Funds • Urges Women To Protest Na Ked by Woke4all(m): 8:36am On Oct 29, 2010
Can his wife take the lead?
Re: Mimiko: Why Nigerian Leaders Steal Public Funds • Urges Women To Protest Na Ked by excanny: 10:18am On Oct 29, 2010
I can't believe that an elected Governor can be uttering this kind of reckless comment. Is he just talking so that people can be aware of his presence, and in the process spewing nonsensical crap?

The governor's alleged campaign against corruption is mere hypocrisy. Was he not the same governor who was indicted for corrupt practices by the Sanusi-led CBN report? That report linked Mimiko
with conniving with the former CEO of Intercontinental Bank
Erastus Akingbola.
Let the governor come forward to account for the N38 billion Ondo
State fund that was missing through shady oil
deal, and the N 1 billion that is alleged to have paid
as kick-back to him.

I hope those women realize that he's just a man who speaks from both sides of his mouth.
Re: Mimiko: Why Nigerian Leaders Steal Public Funds • Urges Women To Protest Na Ked by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 29, 2010
Time to relocate to eKiTi !
Re: Mimiko: Why Nigerian Leaders Steal Public Funds • Urges Women To Protest Na Ked by oluite(f): 11:28am On Oct 29, 2010
I am shocked at Mimiko! cool
So women protesting that way is the best way to stop looting!
Madam Mimiko lead the protest am not following though!
Re: Mimiko: Why Nigerian Leaders Steal Public Funds • Urges Women To Protest Na Ked by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 29, 2010
oluite:

I am shocked at Mimiko! cool
So women protesting that way is the best way to stop looting!
Madam Mimiko lead the protest am not following though![/size][/size][/size]
Ghandi style I guess. . .civil disobedience is accpeted in democracy atleast to an extent !
Re: Mimiko: Why Nigerian Leaders Steal Public Funds • Urges Women To Protest Na Ked by funkybaby(f): 11:33am On Oct 29, 2010
why must women be the ones to protest nake.d  undecided

the men nko?

am sure a ''one million nake.d adult men'' protest will most def shake the nation and will stop the men from looting

[s]**** giggles at the thought of different sizes of rods on public display****[/s] grin grin
Re: Mimiko: Why Nigerian Leaders Steal Public Funds • Urges Women To Protest Na Ked by seunmsg(m): 11:46am On Oct 29, 2010
why must women be the ones to protest nake.d Undecided

the men nko?

am sure a ''one million nake.d adult men'' protest will most def shake the nation and will stop the men from looting

Good idea but are you sure you can withstand the sight of 1million naked men with dia rod dangling?
Re: Mimiko: Why Nigerian Leaders Steal Public Funds • Urges Women To Protest Na Ked by oluite(f): 11:51am On Oct 29, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Ghandi style I guess. . .civil disobedience is accpeted in democracy atleast to an extent !

Hmmn Ghandi, ,but my own na personal not mass civil disobedience o!anyway its all good and it is very much accepted too.
The democracy self na leadership by example self!
Re: Mimiko: Why Nigerian Leaders Steal Public Funds • Urges Women To Protest Na Ked by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 29, 2010
finally a governor with sense

time to redeem ekiti state -

for now all we think of when we hear ekiti is women past their prime

i hope t good governor adopts a screening process to ensure that all comers are comely and with marry glands that meet all specifications
Re: Mimiko: Why Nigerian Leaders Steal Public Funds • Urges Women To Protest Na Ked by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 29, 2010
[size=13pt]Why is everyone mentioning Ekiti State?

Mimiko is the Gov. of Ondo State o, ejooo. This is Ondo's movement. . . .even tho I know some Ekitis would want to support their bros and sisters lol
[/size]
Re: Mimiko: Why Nigerian Leaders Steal Public Funds • Urges Women To Protest Na Ked by bawomolo(m): 5:24pm On Oct 29, 2010
~Bluetooth:

word as long as there is an age and weight limit.

over 200lbs or 40 years of age, stay home.
Re: Mimiko: Why Nigerian Leaders Steal Public Funds • Urges Women To Protest Na Ked by ayinba1(f): 5:49pm On Oct 29, 2010
Baad guvnor! Rewally baaaaddd!
Re: Mimiko: Why Nigerian Leaders Steal Public Funds • Urges Women To Protest Na Ked by excanny: 7:11pm On Oct 29, 2010
funkybaby:

why must women be the ones to protest nake.d  undecided

the men nko?

[s]**** giggles at the thought of different sizes of rods on public display****[/s] grin grin

Because theirs is more fair to the eyes.
Re: Mimiko: Why Nigerian Leaders Steal Public Funds • Urges Women To Protest Na Ked by Mobinga: 8:14pm On Oct 29, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked Did I read this clearly?? Urges
Re: Mimiko: Why Nigerian Leaders Steal Public Funds • Urges Women To Protest Na Ked by iamlone(f): 8:16pm On Oct 29, 2010
i always pray for better nigeria
Re: Mimiko: Why Nigerian Leaders Steal Public Funds • Urges Women To Protest Na Ked by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 29, 2010
l̴͖̲̖̱͎͋́̀̏̀͂͜ơ̴̢̘͖͖̟͔̲͉̣̖̒͐̑̑̈́̀̓̆̑͒̏̈́̽̇͌͆̚͘r̴̢̛͕̞̠̼̥͇͙̥̥̗̼͎̰̻̗̩̹̬̰̜̰̪̜̯͈̓̇͆͜ę̴̧̦̩̞̫̬̫͓̫̟̣͖̝̤̩̱̻͌̆̈̅̊̇̈́̄͒͆͂̒̋͗̀́͐̚͜͜m̵̳̬͎̦̼̖͙̻̞̲̳͎͖̤̜͙̞̘̪̥͈̮̲̫̈́̂̑̓̅͌̉̃̄́̎̈́͛̔̃̈͒͛̆̉̉̍̍͌̅̒̿͘͝ͅͅ ̸̨̛̛̮̱͖͇̗͉͙̭͉͕͖̯̼͂̀̆̔̀̽̿̆͐͑͑̀̈́̈͂͒̽̅̒́̒̚͘̚̚̕͝ͅͅͅį̷̨͚̜͖̪̯̦̼̹̤͇̱͕̹̯̓̂̎͊̎͐͊͂̽̈́͊̅̈̏̋͗̀̾̎̂̀̚͝ͅp̵̡͖̱̮̹̫͖̱̺͖͚̙͇̘͈̥̭͎̅̃͗͒̒̐̀̽͑̕̕̕͜͜ş̵̧̛͚͎̘̹̻̩͉̩͕͕͍̲̼̳̲̬͖̟͊̒̽̊͛͂͒̍̇̾̅̀̑̽̆͌̈́͒̀̒́̒̏̚͝͠u̸̧̫̯͉̥̬̗͚̹͙̇̑̾͌̃͌̈́̉̀͛̍̂̄̃̑͝m̵̨̧̛̲̰̰̫̰̖̗̟͉̝͚̯̞̮̪̝͚̯͔̖̻͉͈̫̫̩̞͗̀̈́̅͆̽̆̎͐͂͆̐̾͊̆͝ ̵̛̛̯̮͍͎̜̖̥̫̱͕̥̻̖̮͈̖͎̯͊̒̉̔̔̓̀̍̆̈̊̈́̀͑̓̎̓̄̚͘͜͠͝n̵̟̜̗̩̬̯̫͇̝̙̖̟͋́̒̾̃͒͊̂̇̔͌̎͌̂͠ͅả̸̡͇̟͕̓̾͗̋̄͆̆̒͆̃͐͝i̵̢̧̧̮̞̺̻̝̬̤̲͉̟̟̺̙̣̣̭̘̱̰͇̦̍̌̀̒̎̒͋̊͐̇̿̌͛̓̓͑̆́̉͊͗̿́͘͜͝r̵̻̱̼̣̊̏͂͌̎͊̿̈͂̒͂́̐̔͂̅̅̀͘͝a̵̢͓͉̪̯̯͕̲͔̘͎͓͖̅̄͌̓̈́̒̾̇̀̈́̊̐̋͊̏̎͒̆̊̈̿̑̀͋̒̕̕͠ͅͅl̵̺̩̙̣͉̙͍̱͉͚͖̬̻̮͒̓̄́̀̋̈́͋̈̚͠ḁ̷̛̼̤͔̩̱̜̱̯̦̭̗͓̘͈͔̹̟̥̹̈́̇̔̄̂̀̔͂̏́̆͂̀̀̈́̑͐̇̓͒͊̕̕͝͝n̴̢̛̥͇͇̤̓̎̅̐͑̔͒̐͆͒̾͗̒̓̒́̓̾͗̒͜͝͝ḑ̴̧̨̝̞̦̯̯̠̺̭̭̗̭̱̯͉̹͔̪̦̉͂̋̽̿͑̃̽̐͐͋̌̏͌͑͗̀̎͜͠͠͝͠
Re: Mimiko: Why Nigerian Leaders Steal Public Funds • Urges Women To Protest Na Ked by Solozzo(m): 12:27am On Oct 30, 2010
Supported. It is still a business proposal. Let us see if it would be executed properly wthout corrupt officials stealing the proosed money for the project
Re: Mimiko: Why Nigerian Leaders Steal Public Funds • Urges Women To Protest Na Ked by lekside44(m): 1:00pm On Nov 02, 2010
when one can rent a woman to go to bed with her, how much will she cost to go protesting nude in public?
Re: Mimiko: Why Nigerian Leaders Steal Public Funds • Urges Women To Protest Na Ked by wakima: 7:41pm On Jan 14, 2011
nice
Re: Mimiko: Why Nigerian Leaders Steal Public Funds • Urges Women To Protest Na Ked by wakima: 7:43pm On Jan 14, 2011
nice
Re: Mimiko: Why Nigerian Leaders Steal Public Funds • Urges Women To Protest Na Ked by Musiwa13: 7:46pm On Jan 14, 2011
okeya,kalakuta

Does this oil look like it is delta state to you or Ondo state, so you can see, I have been trying to save your life.

Re: Mimiko: Why Nigerian Leaders Steal Public Funds • Urges Women To Protest Na Ked by wakima: 7:58pm On Jan 14, 2011
that nice,
Re: Mimiko: Why Nigerian Leaders Steal Public Funds • Urges Women To Protest Na Ked by T9ksy(m): 8:02pm On Jan 14, 2011
Not a bad idea so long as his mum, wife and daughters takes the lead.
Gosh! where do we get these mo.rons from?
If this guy has a brain, he 'll be ph.ocking dangerous!!!
Re: Mimiko: Why Nigerian Leaders Steal Public Funds • Urges Women To Protest Na Ked by wakima: 8:04pm On Jan 14, 2011
it tell you, he is more honest than therest of them.

(1) (Reply)

Ebonyi State Enters Mining Lease Agreement With Expatriate Company / Deep In The Oil Fields With A Militant / 2 Shot Dead, Another Robbed In HONG L.G.E.A, Adamawa State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.