Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,652 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Issn Vs Copyright For A Newspaper Publication;legal Insight Needed - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Issn Vs Copyright For A Newspaper Publication;legal Insight Needed (742 Views)

How Can One Summarise A Newspaper Pages With Only One Sentence....? / How To Get The Volume Of A Newspaper Online / Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Issn Vs Copyright For A Newspaper Publication;legal Insight Needed by ebonyking: 10:33am On Oct 29, 2010
Hello guys,
My application for an ISSN number issuance for a newspaper that I started,was rejected.

Their reason being that there is another publication that is going by the title 'ENTERPRISE' which resembles the title I'm using, which is 'The ENTERPRISE'.

I'll not want to change  the name of my publication.And will not be held guilty of copyright infringement.As a result of which I'm caught in a cross road.

My publication is a newspaper and deals on business opportunities, the kind of thing that SUCCESS DIGEST EXTRA & INCOME newspapers does while the other publication is a magazine deals on reporting business news.

So I won't be said to have copied any person's work but that's my opinion,anyway.

I'll be glad to suggestions on the likely implications if I decide to continue with my publication  under the name/title for ISSN number issuance has been denied.
And can I claim copyright ownership to my publication without infringing on the rights of the publication?

Thanks In Anticipation Of Your Advice/Counsel/Suggestions

(1) (Reply)

Learn To Speak French, Fast And Cheap / Blackberry Bold 9000 For Sale! / Stop! Stop! Stop! Finally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.