Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,140 members, 7,811,210 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

Police Arrest Sarkin Wakan Kano Nazir Ahmad Over Anti-Gaduje Albums - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arrest Sarkin Wakan Kano Nazir Ahmad Over Anti-Gaduje Albums (19336 Views)

American University Denies Appointing Gaduje Visiting Professor / What Really Happen To Gaduje Of Kano / This Gaduje Guy Looks Like Someone With A Low IQ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Sarkin Wakan Kano Nazir Ahmad Over Anti-Gaduje Albums by Drinokrane: 6:00pm On Sep 12, 2019
Sarkin Wakan Kano in police net over anti-Gaduje albums

Sarkin wakan Kano, Nazir Ahmad, has been arrested for allegedly releasing two uncensored musical albums. The albums, which were released about three years ago, were said to have violated some provisions of the state censorship board laws

In the said albums Gidan Sarauta and Sai Hakuri, the crowned royal court singer was said to have openly criticized the state governor, Abdullahi Ganduje.

The singer was arrested on Wednesday in his residence at Darmanawa quarters by the police. The spokesman, Kano state police command, DSP Abdullahi Haruna, confirmed the arrest, saying that the singer was arrested on the orders of the court. He said, “The court ordered his arrest and we complied with the order and we have already handed him over to the court.”

Reacting in a statement on Thursday, Sanusi Bature Dawakin-Tofa who is the spokesman to PDP’s governorship candidate in the last election described the arrest as illegal and a ploy to silence the opposition in the state.

He said, “Uniformed security personnel believed to be from Criminal Investigation Department of Kano State Police Command working on the orders Kano State Governor Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje through the state Censorship Board have arrested the popular musician as part of the crackdown operation launched on the members of the opposition party, the PDP. “Nazir’s brother Musbahu M. Ahmad who is also the chairman of Kannywood Kwankwasiyya support group said his brother’s arrest may likely be connected to a musical video he produced four years ago, alleging that he was taken away simply because of his support for the promotion good governance in Kano and Nigeria.

“We urge all security apparatus working in Kano state to as a matter of accountability stay away from being used for political victimization and blackmail which would not in any way frighten constructive criticism on the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC).

“You may recall that our members, Salisu Yahaya Hotoro, Sunusi Oscar, Rufaidah Ahmed and Alhaji Muhammad Yakasai who are supporters of Kwankwasiyya movement were arrested and charged to courts for various cases that are seen to be merely a political victimization in recent times,” the statement read.

The Executive Secretary Kano State Censorship Board, Isma’ila Afakallah, could not be reached for comment over the issue.

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/sarkin-wakan-kano-in-police-net-over-anti-gaduje-albums.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Sarkin Wakan Kano Nazir Ahmad Over Anti-Gaduje Albums by FamousMonk: 6:01pm On Sep 12, 2019
What exactly does a Fulani man know about singing?..
Please,continue your cow business in peace..
Singer my craw craw infested ass.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Sarkin Wakan Kano Nazir Ahmad Over Anti-Gaduje Albums by JasonScoolari: 6:06pm On Sep 12, 2019
.....Ganduje the wicked producer.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Sarkin Wakan Kano Nazir Ahmad Over Anti-Gaduje Albums by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 12, 2019
Singer and no one has heard of his album..
mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Sarkin Wakan Kano Nazir Ahmad Over Anti-Gaduje Albums by simonlee(m): 6:32pm On Sep 12, 2019
MelesZenawi:
Singer and no one has heard of his album..

mtcheew
Have you ever heard of a Hausa musician releasing an album?
The most successful musician here doesn't even have a mixtape! cheesy

27 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Sarkin Wakan Kano Nazir Ahmad Over Anti-Gaduje Albums by NaijaWebDesign(m): 6:38pm On Sep 12, 2019
tongue
Re: Police Arrest Sarkin Wakan Kano Nazir Ahmad Over Anti-Gaduje Albums by tillaman(m): 6:38pm On Sep 12, 2019
grin
Abeg na how many track dey each album!!
Asking for a friend though

Never knew Our Northern brothers sef dey Get album I thought it’s just those 30 mins tracks with that local guitar playing for about 20 mins before the song begins
Fulani sef don get Fela

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Sarkin Wakan Kano Nazir Ahmad Over Anti-Gaduje Albums by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 12, 2019
Fulani NairaMarley

7 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Sarkin Wakan Kano Nazir Ahmad Over Anti-Gaduje Albums by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 12, 2019
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, i think all state governments and federal government should clamp down on secular musicians and only allow Arabic and some Christian songs sad
simonlee:

Have you ever heard of a Hausa musician releasing an album? The most successful musician here doesn't even have a mixtape!

cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Sarkin Wakan Kano Nazir Ahmad Over Anti-Gaduje Albums by Newshubs: 6:38pm On Sep 12, 2019
Can't stop laughing
Re: Police Arrest Sarkin Wakan Kano Nazir Ahmad Over Anti-Gaduje Albums by dalhjana: 6:39pm On Sep 12, 2019
This my comment is more valuable than the album. grin

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Sarkin Wakan Kano Nazir Ahmad Over Anti-Gaduje Albums by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 12, 2019
Ganduje killing the beat tongue
Re: Police Arrest Sarkin Wakan Kano Nazir Ahmad Over Anti-Gaduje Albums by willexyaho(m): 6:39pm On Sep 12, 2019
Ok

Sanusi Vs Gandollar

We actually know who is looking for trouble.

Re: Police Arrest Sarkin Wakan Kano Nazir Ahmad Over Anti-Gaduje Albums by solmusdesigns: 6:39pm On Sep 12, 2019
grin

to arrest someone is one thing, but to charge him to court with an actual felony is another thing.. and the main thing is for a court to charge him for an actual crime committed..

am sure the autotune he used in the album makes him sound like t-pain hence you cant arrest him since he has a different voice

so much for state police....

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Sarkin Wakan Kano Nazir Ahmad Over Anti-Gaduje Albums by emmyt2: 6:39pm On Sep 12, 2019
Bitter politics everywhere...may GOD help us.

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Sarkin Wakan Kano Nazir Ahmad Over Anti-Gaduje Albums by PureGoldh(m): 6:40pm On Sep 12, 2019
**Albums**

Make I no talk wetin dey my mind first before person go slap me through the phone grin

Meanwhile.. If you need Original pure honey

Call or whatsapp me on the number attached to my signature below
Re: Police Arrest Sarkin Wakan Kano Nazir Ahmad Over Anti-Gaduje Albums by slowice(m): 6:40pm On Sep 12, 2019
Okay I dey come
Re: Police Arrest Sarkin Wakan Kano Nazir Ahmad Over Anti-Gaduje Albums by BizBayo: 6:46pm On Sep 12, 2019
Ndi ara
Re: Police Arrest Sarkin Wakan Kano Nazir Ahmad Over Anti-Gaduje Albums by eddieguru(m): 6:46pm On Sep 12, 2019
simonlee:

Have you ever heard of a Hausa musician releasing an album?
The most successful musician here doesn't even have a mixtape! cheesy
cheesy grin....do they have singles cause I haven't heard cool

Re: Police Arrest Sarkin Wakan Kano Nazir Ahmad Over Anti-Gaduje Albums by Tabuwa: 6:48pm On Sep 12, 2019
Let monkey eat the banana. Why you bring three years back now.
Re: Police Arrest Sarkin Wakan Kano Nazir Ahmad Over Anti-Gaduje Albums by MrMcJay(m): 6:48pm On Sep 12, 2019
GoTV:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, i think all state governments and federal government should clamp down on secular musicians and only allow Arabic and some Christian songs sad

The problem with foolishness is that beautiful clothes and heavy scents can't hide it, it must still show.

14 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Sarkin Wakan Kano Nazir Ahmad Over Anti-Gaduje Albums by BizBayo: 6:49pm On Sep 12, 2019
GoTV:

You don start to dey disgrace yourself again. But one thing is certain, you would still become a born again Christian, genuine.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Sarkin Wakan Kano Nazir Ahmad Over Anti-Gaduje Albums by Iliyasdass(m): 6:52pm On Sep 12, 2019
Ganduje is really power drunk. He will surely pay 4 his sins insha Allahu..

Release Naziru now.....!

Release Sarkin waka now or else.................!

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Sarkin Wakan Kano Nazir Ahmad Over Anti-Gaduje Albums by Iliyasdass(m): 6:54pm On Sep 12, 2019
Ganduje is really power drunk. He will surely pay 4 his sins one day insha Allahu..

Release Naziru now.....!

Release Sarkin waka now or else.................!

5 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Sarkin Wakan Kano Nazir Ahmad Over Anti-Gaduje Albums by sexysage(m): 6:55pm On Sep 12, 2019
BizBayo:

You don start to dey disgrace yourself again. But one thing is certain, you would still become a born again Christian, genuine.

No mind am jare .... Born again ko born to gain ni

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Sarkin Wakan Kano Nazir Ahmad Over Anti-Gaduje Albums by juniorstic(m): 6:57pm On Sep 12, 2019
hausa musicians

M.i- taraba,
ice prince- jos,
Jesse jagz- taraba,
Dija- sokoto,
morell- maiduguri,
classiq buba- bauchi

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Sarkin Wakan Kano Nazir Ahmad Over Anti-Gaduje Albums by israelmao(m): 6:57pm On Sep 12, 2019
You mean Babariga Mobile Bank PLC going after his enemies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Sarkin Wakan Kano Nazir Ahmad Over Anti-Gaduje Albums by seunprodigy13: 6:57pm On Sep 12, 2019
FamousMonk:
What exactly does a Fulani man know about singing?..
Please,continue your cow business in peace..
Singer my craw craw infested ass.
your brain sef is craw craw infested

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Sarkin Wakan Kano Nazir Ahmad Over Anti-Gaduje Albums by Omojudy: 6:58pm On Sep 12, 2019
Which way?
Na here they sabi flex muscles! Let me return to my blog

http://astrongnigerianwoman.com/

and finish up that sexual abuse story of mine by my father in peace if there is no serious news today!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kaduna Attacks: Embassies, Int’l Organisations Cut Off North West / Why The Kano Tribunal Verdict Can’t Stand - Farooq Kperogi / Governor Amaechi Calls For Ngf Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.