Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,087 members, 7,811,050 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Cockroach Farming Booms In China As People Use Them For Medicine And Food - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cockroach Farming Booms In China As People Use Them For Medicine And Food (1224 Views)

Show Us Your Easter Cooking And Food / Lady Finds Cockroach In Her Sealed Juice (Photos) / Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cockroach Farming Booms In China As People Use Them For Medicine And Food by LifestyleTonite: 8:19pm On Sep 12, 2019
Cockroach farming is currently booming in China with people beginning to find the bug something of a delicacy and a cure to certain ailments.

CNN took a visit to a cockroach farm in China and had a talk with the owner who made it known that the cockroaches in the room which smell like ammonia are said to be nearly a million.

According to the breeder, Wong, pharmaceutical companies line up to buy the cockroaches from him.

The cockroaches are used to make pills for cure to stomach, liver and heart ailments.

Wong stated that the breeding of cockroaches is not just business for him. Since the age of 7, he’s been eating and admiring cockroaches.

The video shown by CNN showed Wong pick a cockroach and crunched it in his mouth. He stated that he loves his cockroaches fried and wants to push them as a source of protein.

The CNN presenter who also tasted a fried cockroach stated that it initially tasted like peanut oil, but afterwards it became very much like how one would expect cockroach to taste.

According to Wong, anyone who doesn’t try it would regret the decision forever.

https://wotzup.ng/cockroach-farming-booms-in-china-as-people-use-them-for-medicine-and-food/

Cc lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: Cockroach Farming Booms In China As People Use Them For Medicine And Food by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 12, 2019
How do I export?

1 Like

Re: Cockroach Farming Booms In China As People Use Them For Medicine And Food by Bilabong(m): 8:21pm On Sep 12, 2019
Oh lard have messi

Re: Cockroach Farming Booms In China As People Use Them For Medicine And Food by hisgrace090: 8:26pm On Sep 12, 2019
Must China eat everything?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cockroach Farming Booms In China As People Use Them For Medicine And Food by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 12, 2019
I refuse to see ds, an insect I m afraid of and even run from flying ones that some mofos are eating. No wonder dey look like niggas wey blindness dey share territory for their eyes
Re: Cockroach Farming Booms In China As People Use Them For Medicine And Food by OTayobami(m): 8:38pm On Sep 12, 2019
See cockroach wey i dey kill for our village house anyhow nai people dey capitalize on for this China!.....somebody should hep me with "local man give up" meme abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cockroach Farming Booms In China As People Use Them For Medicine And Food by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 12, 2019
The FG should use this opportunity to export cockroach to China. Speaking of diversification. grin

1 Like

Re: Cockroach Farming Booms In China As People Use Them For Medicine And Food by dollytino4real(f): 9:00pm On Sep 12, 2019
Nigeria cockroach na high way to grave
Re: Cockroach Farming Booms In China As People Use Them For Medicine And Food by Denique(f): 10:40pm On Sep 12, 2019
God forbid. I can't even kill it undecided
Re: Cockroach Farming Booms In China As People Use Them For Medicine And Food by Nobody: 5:59am On Sep 13, 2019
Strange as it might sound, it is a looming reality.

In the future cockroaches and other insects will provide an alternative to the meat and even milk industry. One specie of roaches found here in Africa can actually be eaten and that is the same specie this particular documentary is talking about. The specie is known as the "American" cockroach.

Another species of roaches found in the Pacific/Oceania region can be reared for milk production also.

Add that to the fact that the Chinese traditional medicine practitioners believe that roaches hold the key to the cure for cancer, AIDS and the likes.

So, you see, a booming industry is already in its early stages. I think I would like to invest in it myself. sad
Re: Cockroach Farming Booms In China As People Use Them For Medicine And Food by Nobody: 6:12am On Sep 13, 2019
dollytino4real:
Nigeria cockroach na high way to grave

You guys just try to be funny without doing enough research. This particular specie of roaches that are being reared in China are known as American cockroaches and they are mostly found here in Africa{including your own Nigeria}. As a matter of fact, Africa is the original home of these types of roaches.
In other words, they are not native China.

Now, what does that tell you? Do the maths.

Got my answer already. The Chinese are probably getting them from here in Africa without us even knowing what's up. Got that?

2 Likes

Re: Cockroach Farming Booms In China As People Use Them For Medicine And Food by Nobody: 6:13am On Sep 13, 2019
dirtydiva:
I refuse to see ds, an insect I m afraid of and even run from flying ones that some mofos are eating. No wonder dey look like niggas wey blindness dey share territory for their eyes

How is it possible that a human is afraid of roaches

Well, I guess it is all in the mind.

1 Like

Re: Cockroach Farming Booms In China As People Use Them For Medicine And Food by Cousin9999: 1:04pm On Sep 13, 2019
Re: Cockroach Farming Booms In China As People Use Them For Medicine And Food by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 1:43pm On Sep 13, 2019
Taste like roasted peanut
Re: Cockroach Farming Booms In China As People Use Them For Medicine And Food by dollytino4real(f): 3:19pm On Sep 13, 2019
mansakhalifa:

You guys just try to be funny without doing enough research. This particular specie of roaches that are being reared in China are known as American cockroaches and they are mostly found here in Africa{including your own Nigeria}. As a matter of fact, Africa is the original home of these types of roaches.
In other words, they are not native China.

Now, what does that tell you? Do the maths.

Got my answer already. The Chinese are probably getting them from here in Africa without us even knowing what's up. Got that?
ok, thanks Mr researcher
Re: Cockroach Farming Booms In China As People Use Them For Medicine And Food by MrBONE2(m): 4:23pm On Sep 13, 2019
One of the most delicious Bugs in KiVuLand grin

(1) (Reply)

See the #300 yam tubers I bought from a rural market. / Is Turnbrown Okay As A Food Starter For Babies / Video: Man Eats Uncooked Spaghetti With Coca Cola (coke)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.