Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? (39411 Views)

20 Of The World's Best, Mouthwatering Soups. Banga Soup Is No 1 (Photos) / Snake In My Pot!!!! / #FufuChallenge: Fufu And Egusi Soup Is Trending Worldwide! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? by tosine90(m): 7:29am On Jan 27, 2022
Hello friends.

I woke up this morning to discover a dead cockroach in my pot of soup. Immediately I notice it I quickly removed it and boil the soup for 10 mins . The issue is I am not ready to dispose it because there is still much protein it. To get a new soup in this harsh economy is very costly. I need advice to avoid getting sick. Kindly help a brother.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? by OkuFaba(m): 7:35am On Jan 27, 2022
In China, cockroaches are considered as a highly proteinous meal,

But the difference in Nigerian and Chinese cockroaches is ours live in soakaway pits, .

Boiling the soup you have boiled its yamayama inside the soup.

Enjoy your protein, you should have left it inside as part if ur meat.

253 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? by vastolord4(m): 7:40am On Jan 27, 2022
it's not healthy to eat it but the naija of today might not allow you dispose of it without feeling sad and weak.. but if you decide to dispose, just dash someone but tell him/her what happened... imagine prepared a pot of soup with 5k.. I know some people that will call it protein shaa

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? by Haakeem(m): 7:41am On Jan 27, 2022
Listen to the audio below.

2 Likes

Re: Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? by tosine90(m): 7:52am On Jan 27, 2022
Thanks for your response
Re: Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? by thesicilian: 7:55am On Jan 27, 2022
Take the cockroach to the hospital let collect it's blood samples to check for infections. If there's none then you can eat the soup.

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? by caesymore(m): 8:00am On Jan 27, 2022
tosine90:
Hello friends.

I woke up this morning to discover a dead cockroach in my pot of soup. Immediately I notice it I quickly removed it and boil the soup for 10 mins . The issue is I am not ready to dispose it because there is still much protein it. To get a new soup in this harsh economy is very costly. I need advice to avoid getting sick. Kindly help a brother.

Mehn... Pot of soup cost this days oh, but if I may ask how the thing come enter your soup pot? na loose guarding be that oh.
If its me, definitely it will pain me but I will pour it away because I can't stand eating a soup as irritating as the one you have presently.

Its your soup, you are you and I am me, health wise the soup is ok but psychologically its a no no for me.

162 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? by Totilopussylick(m): 8:05am On Jan 27, 2022
OkuFaba:

But the difference in Nigerian and Chinese cockroaches is ours live in soakaway pits, .

Even after Differentiating it with the Chinese cockroach and the type we have here, you still wish he didn't see it and would have eaten it like a vegetable shocked tongue

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? by Totilopussylick(m): 8:17am On Jan 27, 2022
caesymore:

Mehn... Pot of soup cost this days oh, but if I may ask how the thing come enter your soup pot? na loose guarding be that oh.
If its me, definitely it will pain me but I will pour it away because I can't stand eating a soup as irritating as the one you have presently.

Its your soup, you are you and I am me, health wise the soup is ok but psychologically its a no no for me.
Hunger never make you develop 7 pack tongue

What if na him last card he uses to prepare the soup

But anyways it's a reminder that he ought to always fumigate he's house and surroundings smiley

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? by Mariangeles(f): 11:27am On Jan 27, 2022
tosine90:
Hello friends.

For the love of yourself, please don't eat it.
The memory will never leave you.

When things get better for you, you will regret you ever did and wish you never had.

The leftover proteins are not worth the eating.

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? by caesymore(m): 8:10pm On Jan 27, 2022
Totilopussylick:
Hunger never make you develop 7 pack tongue

What if na him last card he uses to prepare the soup

But anyways it's a reminder that he ought to always fumigate he's house and surroundings smiley

Fumigate wetin person wey him pot no get cover or what

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 27, 2022
Op nawa for you o undecided so u wan throway the soup with the meat join , oga if u no wan chop the meat just drop ur whatsapp number make I give u my location so u go waybill the meat for me, after una go dey blame buhari angry

39 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? by pocohantas(f): 11:39pm On Jan 27, 2022
Mariangeles:

For the love of yourself, please don't eat it.
The memory will never leave you

When things get better for you, you will regret you ever did and wish you never had.

The leftover proteins are not worth the eating.

True smiley smiley

7 Likes

Re: Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? by McLucas(m): 8:31pm On Apr 07, 2023
grin
OkuFaba:

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? by Caaz: 9:25pm On Apr 07, 2023
Na to discard and trash the soup.
My disdain for roaches and geckos no be here o

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? by EriMma1: 10:11pm On Apr 07, 2023
Pour it away and try to always cover your soup very well.

Roaches are dirty. For all you know, that one may have crawled out of the toilet or suckaway so, don't eat it!

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? by CodeTemplar: 1:55pm On Apr 08, 2023
If you have chicken around, invest in them by mixing the cockroach sauce with corn meal for your chickens.
Re: Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? by Mom007(f): 5:10pm On Apr 08, 2023
Oga, pls warm your food till its really boiling and then eat your food. Fire sterilizes anything and besides, cockroaches are unjustly vilified in Nigeria. Some countries like China eat them na

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? by Brendaniel: 2:58pm On Apr 09, 2023
Just be cautious and also try and be covering your pot well, I've noticed some people don't tightly cover their pots...

Prevention is better than question like this

6 Likes

Re: Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? by bigdammyj: 2:58pm On Apr 09, 2023
Not sure if it's still advisable.
Re: Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? by jimmyolasun: 2:59pm On Apr 09, 2023
Just comot the head and abdomen, stir well inside soup and steam. Then you are good to go.

Modified: so naa over a year thread una bring come. I no need advise the op again as me self never try eat cockroach before, I just wan use the op as lab rat.. 😈👿

3 Likes

Re: Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? by WesternPanzer: 2:59pm On Apr 09, 2023
Health wise, there is nothing wrong.

But mentally and psychologically, I go dey feel say I dey chop cockroach.

If its me, I won't even think twice to pour it away.

8 Likes

Re: Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 09, 2023
You providentially caught a thief and you're asking whether you should discipline it in any way you choose or not! My advice: either you substitute the intruder and spoilsport for any missing piece of meat in the pot or have it as a dessert. Either way it'll be a delicious REVENGE. Anyway, who spits out the juicy morsel that fortune puts in his mouth? Dead or alive the life of a cockroach counts for nothing. It's your life life we're talking about here for God's sake!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? by telim: 2:59pm On Apr 09, 2023
W
Re: Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? by XTHRONE(m): 3:00pm On Apr 09, 2023
Chai, what Buhari govt have reduced pple to, pls throw that stuff away and keep your house clean.
Re: Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? by edlion57(m): 3:00pm On Apr 09, 2023
2022 soup in 2023 with cocorach

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? by Dozie32(m): 3:00pm On Apr 09, 2023
Yeah, it can be used as cray fish. Even in some Asian countries, it is been used to spice up some dekicacies.
Re: Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? by seanwilliam(m): 3:00pm On Apr 09, 2023
Lol, comot the cockroach and eat joor .
Dey there Dey do like butty

4 Likes

Re: Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? by Kharol1234: 3:00pm On Apr 09, 2023
Boil that soup additional meat don they the soup 😋😋😋
Re: Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? by SeeItSayIt: 3:00pm On Apr 09, 2023
NO! Is already poisonous

1 Like

Re: Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? by Ireportlive: 3:01pm On Apr 09, 2023
cool

Remove the roaches

Boil the soup to atleast 150 degrees Centigrade ( above water boiling point)..

Salmonella bacteria or any bacteria would have long died in the soup at that temperature

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Of These Would You Choose For Breakfast? (picture) / Dog Market In Ghana (pics, Video) / Is It This Bad In Your Area? The ₦20 Groundnuts I Just Bought

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.